PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brooks is destroying Durant's legacy

SillyRabbit
04-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Everyone is blaming Durant and/or Westbrook for OKC's struggles when really the blame lies with Scott Brooks.

He doesn't know how to run a simple basketball play like a pick and roll or pick and pop, and resorts to ISO basketball 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time he draws up contested 3's (seriously that last play in OT of Game 5?)

He has no accountability for his players and doesn't understand how to adjust his matchups.

OKC is as talented a team as any in the NBA yet they are being held back by an incompetent coach. Brooks is finally being exposed these playoffs and hopefully OKC's management won't cheap out again and actually fire him, regardless of whether or not he still has years left on his contract.

Let's put it this way, if the Thunder and Heat swapped coaches, OKC would have at least 1 title by now.

If Brooks stays on as OKC's coach, they won't be winning anything and Durant/Westbrook will break up. Durant's opportunity to build a legacy will be greatly impacted if that happens.

JohnFreeman
04-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Superstars make their own plays.

MavsSuperFan
04-30-2014, 12:57 AM
by scott brooks do you mean kevin durant?

FLDFSU
04-30-2014, 12:59 AM
KD is supposed to be better than Lebron.

I want to see KD go into Memphis and destroy them like Lebron did Boston in 2012, and then win a ring.

If he can't then I better not see ISH trying to claim that KD is better than Bron next year.

Threethrows
04-30-2014, 01:00 AM
I remember when Thunder fans were trying to tell people how great of a coach they had. I agree he sucks, but stop blaming Durant's choking on the coach.

tpols
04-30-2014, 01:01 AM
It's Durant's inability to dribble or handle the ball against tony allen nor go into the post against him that is destroying durant's legacy.

You dont think a prime kobe or MJ or bran couldnt take him down into the post and pick him apart without help? Or even handle the ball on the perimeter against him effectively?

He cant break his man down like those guys.. isnt physical enough to take the handchecks and bumps that no longer get counted as fouls. The playoffs are a different animal

LONGTIME
04-30-2014, 01:01 AM
I remember when Thunder fans were trying to tell people how great of a coach they had. I agree he sucks, but stop blaming Durant's choking on the coach.

:wtf: :biggums:

Mr. Jabbar
04-30-2014, 01:02 AM
westbrook hurts that team imo, he should find a better fit

SillyRabbit
04-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Part of being a superstar is drawing attention and being able to open up space for the rest of your team.

Because Memphis knows that either Durant or Westbrook is going to be the only one shooting on 95% of the plays, that advantage is lost.

If Brooks knew how to draw up plays for Ibaka, Butler or Fisher, the Thunder would have a lot more easy baskets.

Look at how effective Ibaka and Butler were tonight when they ended up with the ball.

What Brooks is doing is the equivalent to trying to smash through a brick wall when there's a ladder right next to it.

Threethrows
04-30-2014, 01:16 AM
:wtf: :biggums:

You must be new to basketball. Media and OKC fans were slurping that Brooks koolaid like crazy a few years back.

LONGTIME
04-30-2014, 01:24 AM
Part of being a superstar is drawing attention and being able to open up space for the rest of your team.

Because Memphis knows that either Durant or Westbrook is going to be the only one shooting on 95% of the plays, that advantage is lost.

If Brooks knew how to draw up plays for Ibaka, Butler or Fisher, the Thunder would have a lot more easy baskets.

Look at how effective Ibaka and Butler were tonight when they ended up with the ball.

What Brooks is doing is the equivalent to trying to smash through a brick wall when there's a ladder right next to it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b2_1397303735 This video basically sums up Scott Brooks as a coach.

DMAVS41
04-30-2014, 01:47 AM
It's Durant's inability to dribble or handle the ball against tony allen nor go into the post against him that is destroying durant's legacy.

You dont think a prime kobe or MJ or bran couldnt take him down into the post and pick him apart without help? Or even handle the ball on the perimeter against him effectively?

He cant break his man down like those guys.. isnt physical enough to take the handchecks and bumps that no longer get counted as fouls. The playoffs are a different animal

This This This.

He's being singled by Prince/Allen in a superstar friendly league that is soft as shit.

He's had a horrendous series and should be at home right now if not for arguably the biggest bailout win for a superstar in the playoffs in like at least 30 years.

Nobody can say Durant is better than Kobe ever was...at least for the rest of this year regardless of what happens. The fact that the Thunder are still alive is pure luck and has nothing to do with Durant. He's just lucky he's on a loaded team that can survive his meltdown game 4 and still win.

Real14
04-30-2014, 01:49 AM
u mean joe Crawford?:biggums:

Keno
04-30-2014, 02:33 AM
lebron made his own legacy in cleveland with mike brown with deep playoff runs, carrying scrubs to the finals. durant should do the same.

SpaceJammeR
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
haha durant got no excuses.

Chuckbrook
04-30-2014, 02:36 AM
westbrook hurts that team imo, he should find a better fit
Why do you think Westbrook hurts the team?

-Brook

SillyRabbit
04-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Why do you think Westbrook hurts the team?

-Brook

It's not as if Westbrook is disobeying his coach or going rogue.

Brooks instructs/allows him to play the way he does.

sd3035
04-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Durant needs to be like MJ and Lebron, just not listen to the coach and tell his teammates what to do

Fudge
04-30-2014, 09:17 PM
:facepalm

lebron06
04-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Westbrook is actually helping the team more than KD..

Crafty
04-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Mike Brown won COTY with Lebron