PDA

View Full Version : So are we gonna act like Memphis wont win it all

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:04 AM
They seem they got the formula set and will choke their way to the Championship. I mean if they got Durant choking this much than can't wait to see them have LeBron scared to look.

LoneyROY7
04-30-2014, 01:05 AM
You can't shake Blake "Earthquake" Griffin, doe... :confusedshrug:

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:11 AM
You can't shake Blake "Earthquake" Griffin, doe... :confusedshrug:

Really like the Clippers chances before the Sterling debacle

inclinerator
04-30-2014, 01:13 AM
maybe if they had a go to guy

LoneyROY7
04-30-2014, 01:14 AM
Really like the Clippers chances before the Sterling debacle

Shouldn't be a factor anymore.

DMV2
04-30-2014, 01:15 AM
I don't see a Finals MVP-caliber star on their roster. It really comes down to that, to be honest.

They do have an '04 Pistons puncher chance of winning it all, which is like 1 in every 20 years.

Kiddlovesnets
04-30-2014, 01:15 AM
Nah if they meet the Spurs they will be swept again.

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:18 AM

And what if they don't meet the Spurs????

All Net
04-30-2014, 01:26 AM
think they lose next round if the get through.

NumberSix
04-30-2014, 01:27 AM
No. The next 2 games are going to be the most rigged games of all time. OKC will be gifted the win at any cost.

Kiddlovesnets
04-30-2014, 01:28 AM
And what if they don't meet the Spurs????

If they dont meet the Spurs, they lose in 2nd round, which means that they wont win it all either.

poido123
04-30-2014, 01:28 AM

Yeah Clips or warriors would have too much offensive fire power IMO.

OKC rely too much on Durant and Westy to score and Memphis have long offensive droughts much like the Bulls.

poido123
04-30-2014, 01:29 AM
No. The next 2 games are going to be the most rigged games of all time. OKC will be gifted the win at any cost.

Instead of whinging about it, get some money on :rockon:

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 01:29 AM
Have you watched their games? They can't score for shit. They lost a 17 pt lead the other night, and a 20 point lead tonight. That won't fly in a 7 game series against other teams... just OKC

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:30 AM

Clippers/Grizzlies series
which is what it looks like as of now have always been pretty tight.

My early prediction is Grizz in 7

Kingwillball
Clippers will handle them especially wasting all the extra energy all the OT games. Clips have a better coach and are more diverse.

All Net
Yeah Clips or warriors would have too much offensive fire power IMO.

OKC rely too much on Durant and Westy to score and Memphis have long offensive droughts much like the Bulls.
Yeah pretty much my thinking. Clippers also don't have a shocking coach.

Marlo_Stanfield
they probabably wont even beat OKC and the refs in the next two games but they now have a 10% chance to win one of the next two games:coleman:

LoneyROY7
Clippers will handle them especially wasting all the extra energy all the OT games. Clips have a better coach and are more diverse.

:applause:

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Have you watched their games? They can't score for shit. They lost a 17 pt lead the other night, and a 20 point lead tonight. That won't fly in a 7 game series against other teams... just OKC

got to give their defense credit for even being up 17-20 points but i also give them credit for still being able to pull out those games. Having to win a game twice actually shows great mental toughness. It would be so easy to fail once you have that type of late momentum shift but they've been able to put the collapse behind them and go on and win.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:33 AM
Honestly, their choking is getting annoying. I kno they still win somehow, but man are they frustrating. Memphis could blow a 40 point lead and I would almost expect it

Hulk
04-30-2014, 01:33 AM
Noway they beat the Clippers.Clippers gonna win it all then a movie will be made about there season.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 01:34 AM
got to give their defense credit for even being up 17-20 points but i also give them credit for still being able to pull out those games. Having to win a game twice actually shows great mental toughness. It would be so easy to fail once you have that type of late momentum shift but they've been able to put the collapse behind them and go on and win.
I'm sorry man but you don't label a team who gives away a 20 pt lead as "mentally tough" whether or not they win it. Did you see how many bunnies they missed? It was like Game 7 Duncan for the whole game :biggums:

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:35 AM
If they dont meet the Spurs, they lose in 2nd round, which means that they wont win it all either.

what i meant was what if the Spurs are the one sent home prior to the WCF. Dallas is giving them a heck of a series at the moment.

MMM
04-30-2014, 01:37 AM
I'm sorry man but you don't label a team who gives away a 20 pt lead as "mentally tough" whether or not they win it. Did you see how many bunnies they missed? It was like Game 7 Duncan for the whole game :biggums:

reminds me of the Celtics in that they blew a lot of leads but ultimately won more so than choked because of Defense. Memphis defense is good enough to carry them.

Kiddlovesnets
04-30-2014, 01:43 AM
what i meant was what if the Spurs are the one sent home prior to the WCF. Dallas is giving them a heck of a series at the moment.

Nah Spurs will win the series 4-2 against Mavericks, and then go on to sweep the Trailblazers 4-0.

Leroy Jetson
04-30-2014, 01:51 AM
Nah Spurs will win the series 4-2 against Mavericks, and then go on to sweep the Trailblazers 4-0.

Spurs fan here but even I don't think the Spurs go undefeated against the Blazers. Especially the way they have been playing against Dallas. Have you seen the Blazers? They are looking scary and the Spurs always struggle with them. I think it would go to six games at least to finish them off.

Threethrows
04-30-2014, 01:53 AM

I can see Blazers vs. Spurs going either way. Lillard and Aldridge play good against them, and the Blazers have given the Spurs as much trouble as anyone the last few years. They are a good match up.

MMM
04-30-2014, 02:04 AM

I wouldn't count out the Rockets in that series yet. It has been closer than 3-1, Blazers looks like they have a solid chance of closing it out doe even if they lose game 5.

MMM
04-30-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm sorry man but you don't label a team who gives away a 20 pt lead as "mentally tough"

Maybe not mentally tough in an ideal way but it is impressive that they can keep composure enough to ultimately win. I think you guys are underrating how hard it is to win despite the opposing team having that great of an momentum shift that late in a game.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-30-2014, 02:11 AM

:cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Maybe not mentally tough in an ideal way but it is impressive that they can keep composure enough to ultimately win. I think you guys are underrating how hard it is to win despite the opposing team having that great of an momentum shift that late in a game.
I get your point, but they are too offensively challenged to get past the 2nd round. Wait till they play a team that actually runs plays and uses PnRs/PnPs like the Clippers, or Spurs.

Real14
04-30-2014, 02:13 AM
is joe Crawford guna be there in tha finals?

oarabbus
04-30-2014, 02:14 AM
Memphis is Spurs fodder, so they'll only go to the finals if the Spurs get beat by the Mavs.

SpaceJammeR
04-30-2014, 02:17 AM
i'd rather see okc in the finals again.

NumberSix
04-30-2014, 02:19 AM
i'd rather see okc in the finals again.
I wouldn't.

I want OKC's ref-ball to end as soon as possible. I don't want a team with blatant ref favouritism in the playoffs. I'd prefer OKC get eliminated right now and we have a fair playoffs.

Real14
04-30-2014, 02:20 AM
I wouldn't.

I want OKC's ref-ball to end as soon as possible.
THIS REF BALL?
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4382301/joeywantsthatball.gif

MMM
04-30-2014, 02:22 AM
I get your point, but they are too offensively challenged to get past the 2nd round. Wait till they play a team that actually runs plays and uses PnRs/PnPs like the Clippers, or Spurs.

Why is it so impossible for them to beat the Clippers???

I know the Clippers are a better team this season but I don't think Memphis seeding reflects their real ability. They looked much better in the 2nd half when they were healthy just to get into the playoffs.

Memphis/LAC series have been real tight the last few years, seems like a toss up.

dc_chilling
04-30-2014, 03:36 AM
Honestly, if Memphis faces Miami in the finals it would be a pretty good series.

That being said, Lebron James would make quick work of Tony Allen. If you watched the recent matchup between Memphis and Miami you can see that. Allen offered very little resistance to James in the paint to the point where they had to call a switch because of the mismatch. Durant may not be physically gifted enough to manhandle TA but Lebron doesn't have that problem.

Heat would probably win in 6.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Why is it so impossible for them to beat the Clippers???

I know the Clippers are a better team this season but I don't think Memphis seeding reflects their real ability. They looked much better in the 2nd half when they were healthy just to get into the playoffs.

Memphis/LAC series have been real tight the last few years, seems like a toss up.
Clippers have an offense that runs efficiently. It's not just pure ISO ball like the Thunder. It'd be a good series but I see Clippers coming out on top if Grizz play like they have this series. If Durant was shooting his normal FT%, this series would probably be over.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Honestly, if Memphis faces Miami in the finals it would be a pretty good series.

That being said, Lebron James would make quick work of Tony Allen. If you watched the recent matchup between Memphis and Miami you can see that. Allen offered very little resistance to James in the paint to the point where they had to call a switch because of the mismatch. Durant may not be physically gifted enough to manhandle TA but Lebron doesn't have that problem.

Heat would probably win in 6.
Allen doesn't really cover LeBron when the Grizzlies play the heat.

Lebron23
04-30-2014, 03:47 AM
Allen doesn't really cover LeBron when the Grizzlies play the heat.

http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2014/04/09/0410_masp_griz_thu08_t607.jpg

http://binaryapi.ap.org/3fcbfa76cc784acc88866f758f8ee12a/940x.jpg

comerb
04-30-2014, 05:05 AM
I don't see them beating the Clippers or the Spurs. They could probably, but I don't see it.

MMM
04-30-2014, 05:25 AM
can the mods rename this thread to

Memphis Championship Express

???????

fragokota
04-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Any chance we're seeing Detroit 04 allover again if mem manage to beat okc? In a matchup against 2 time defending champs mia? There are some resemblances.

brownmamba00
04-30-2014, 07:00 AM
I'm rooting for them...gritty defensive teams like Memphis are bound to make noise in the playoffs their benchplayers need to keep up their performance tho, that will be make or break for the grizz in the later rounds. Marc is still getting back in form too.

this team is better than last year's team no doubt

TimmyDuncan
04-30-2014, 07:13 AM

Spurs fan here and I think Memphis would win vs the spurs

Last year the Spurs swept them because they double teamed Zbo and Gasol all series long while letting wide open Prince and Allen and daring them to shoot

With Mike Miller and Courtney Lee that's no longer an option and the spurs would have a hard time with Zbo and Gasol

TheReturn
04-30-2014, 08:03 AM
I can see the Clippers blowing the Grizzlies out this year. They're too good offensively.

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2014, 08:39 AM
There's always the chance of them doing something, but with a dead offense like that, that can go into huge droughts, they're not winning shit... I dont think they will beat the Clippers, perhaps the Warriors.... Mavs would beat them, and the Heat definitely.

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2014, 09:15 AM

YES! GO SAY MORE STUFF LIKE THIS! The WOAT at Prediction making :applause:

Blazers will surely beat them now... LMA and Lillard will light them up good :oldlol:

If not, then the Rockets..

dude77
04-30-2014, 09:42 AM
lol@this .. all these games are just a formality .. gotta have a playoffs .. heat will 3peat