PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook thinks he's a 90% shooter from 15 feet

navy
04-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Westbrook: "If they give me a 15-footer, I'm gonna make that nine times out of 10, so I'm gonna shoot it."

:roll:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung

Obvious exaggeration. But still.:facepalm

inclinerator
04-30-2014, 01:48 AM
he is

in practice

freethroews

Thunderfan86
04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
This dudes confidence is through the roof. He just don't give a f*ck....at all.

russwest0
04-30-2014, 04:59 PM
He's barely shooting like 30% on mid range shots this series and his 3pt shooting has been even worse. In all four overtimes so far he has shot 0-14 and only scored 1 point.

Ibaka is manning the fvck up though. Posting 14/10/3 on 58/40/90, but these niqqas are playing hero ball and wont pass him the ball

mr beast
his mid range game is pretty decent and he kind of need that mid range pull up shot, it's too predictable if he just drives the lane every single time.

MUGEN
It's just odd...one guy is overconfident while his teammate is lacking it

Levity
04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
i do feel he has one of the best free throw jumper pull ups in the league. back in the laker/thunder playoff matchups, it use to KILL me how easily westbrook would drive into the lane and pull up at 15 feet for an easy basket. of course, it was fisher he was guarding him though :lol

russwest0
04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
his mid range game is pretty decent and he kind of need that mid range pull up shot, it's too predictable if he just drives the lane every single time.

The problem is it's like he makes up his mind that he's gonna shoot it before he actually does, and goes through on it regardless of if it's a good shot or a bad shot. If it's a bad shot often he'll just try to get the call but that hasn't worked well this series and typically doesn't work well anyways.

After Brooks, KD and Westbrook have been the biggest problem this series. Though the bulk of the blame still has to fall on Brooks. Lamb and Adams getting no minutes, not going small enough, and basically admitting that he just calls for hero ball late games instead of running plays.

imdaman99
04-30-2014, 05:04 PM
The problem is it's like he makes up his mind that he's gonna shoot it before he actually does, and goes through on it regardless of if it's a good shot or a bad shot. If it's a bad shot often he'll just try to get the call but that hasn't worked well this series and typically doesn't work well anyways.

After Brooks, KD and Westbrook have been the biggest problem this series. Though the bulk of the blame still has to fall on Brooks. Lamb and Adams getting no minutes, not going small enough, and basically admitting that he just calls for hero ball late games instead of running plays.
I think Brooks should have informed his front office that he was absolutely NOT going to play Lamb in the playoffs so that they could have traded him to get another scorer. This fgt Brooks does not deserve to have a job. A monkey could coach Durant and Westbrook to a #2 seed.

russwest0
04-30-2014, 05:11 PM
I think Brooks should have informed his front office that he was absolutely NOT going to play Lamb in the playoffs so that they could have traded him to get another scorer. This fgt Brooks does not deserve to have a job. A monkey could coach Durant and Westbrook to a #2 seed.

I lost my shit with laughter when they cut to Brooks in the huddle and the first shit he said was "we need stops and scores!"

His timeouts are useless as fvck.

And I know they don't show the plays or any shit like that in the huddle but I've been following OKC since they've been here and haven't once seen Brooks ever make an intelligent basketball comment like I've seen the Grizzlies coach do in the post game interviews when breaking down schemes and the reason for his decisions (like bringing Tony Allen off the bench) and shit.

Rocketswin2013
04-30-2014, 05:14 PM
:lol

KD's talent is this high:
http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com/2007/11November/burj_dubai-skyscraper1122.jpg

Yet his confidence is this low:

http://www.allsteel-buildings.com/images/brochureimages/small_building.jpg

And Westbrook's the exact opposite except his talent is pretty solid and isn't THAT low at all.

Blue&Orange
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
JR Smith might be smarter than westbrook.

Blue&Orange
04-30-2014, 05:24 PM
I lost my shit with laughter when they cut to Brooks in the huddle and the first shit he said was "we need stops and scores!"

And I know they don't show the plays or any shit like that in the huddle but I've been following OKC since they've been here and haven't once seen Brooks ever make an intelligent basketball comment like I've seen the Grizzlies coach do in the post game interviews when breaking down schemes and the reason for his decisions (like bringing Tony Allen off the bench) and shit.
wastes timeouts with two minutes to go, game on the line. did the exact same thing last year.

Dude might be worse than D'Antoni. Lets face it, the only reason Fisher in on that team is to teach Brook how to coach.

navy
04-30-2014, 05:24 PM
i do feel he has one of the best free throw jumper pull ups in the league. back in the laker/thunder playoff matchups, it use to KILL me how easily westbrook would drive into the lane and pull up at 15 feet for an easy basket. of course, it was fisher he was guarding him though :lol
Westbrook isnt good at pull up jumpers by any statistic ive seen.

k0kakw0rld
04-30-2014, 05:26 PM
This dudes confidence is through the roof. He just don't give a f*ck....at all.
Alpha male :rockon: He is carrying Durant's scrub ass :D

sd3035
04-30-2014, 05:27 PM

Imagine if they merged, J-Russ Smithbrook, the ultimate chucker

sketchy
04-30-2014, 05:29 PM
He's barely shooting like 30% on mid range shots this series and his 3pt shooting has been even worse. In all four overtimes so far he has shot 0-14 and only scored 1 point.

Ibaka is manning the fvck up though. Posting 14/10/3 on 58/40/90, but these niqqas are playing hero ball and wont pass him the ball

Wow, for some reason I always thought you were a Westbrick stan (totally cool if you still like him), but now you're dropping all this knowledge. Props bro. I agree with everything you just said, especially about Brooks really blowing this series. There's seriously no coaching happening there.

russwest0
04-30-2014, 05:29 PM

His pull up jumper was money in 2012, especially in the playoffs. Since then it seems that it has gotten a little worse. But his 3pt shot has gotten better.

navy
04-30-2014, 05:31 PM
His pull up jumper was money in 2012, especially in the playoffs. Since then it seems that it has gotten a little worse. But his 3pt shot has gotten better.

His 3 point shooting is deplorable. :coleman:

smoovegittar
04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Stick a fork in'em. No heart - Memphis has the guts and grit to get past these paper tigers. More tears...

russwest0
04-30-2014, 05:34 PM
His 3 point shooting is deplorable. :coleman:

It's not nearly as bad as the percentages suggest. Seriously. I don't have a single doubt that he could be shooting just short of 40% from 3 right now if not for basically half of his 3pt attempts being late shot clock heaves or end of quarter shots.

kentatm
04-30-2014, 05:35 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/vqkw45.png

link (http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/1110-Russell-Westbrook/season/2013-2014-REG)

:coleman:

navy
04-30-2014, 05:35 PM
It's not nearly as bad as the percentages suggest. Seriously. I don't have a single doubt that he could be shooting just short of 40% from 3 right now if not for basically half of his 3pt attempts being late shot clock heaves being fired up or end of quarter shots.
18.4% :biggums:

Levity
04-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Thats because hes a chucker and shoots ill advised shots. but his mechanics from a pull up jumper are on point and if the a closing play was called for him to do a pull up free throw jumper, id have trust.

russwest0
04-30-2014, 05:37 PM
18.4% :biggums:

he's definitely been missing more than usual but those late shot clock and final quarter possession attempts that I'm talking about he's been taking even more 3s in those situations and his percentages have dipped as a result.

AirFederer
04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
He is. 90% miss.

eSOL
04-30-2014, 06:03 PM

hahaa :applause:

Kvnzhangyay
04-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Well obviously, I mean what do you expect him to say? " I am a 36.48408% shooter from 15 feet)