PDA

View Full Version : These tough series could be an advantage for Spurs

RagaZ
04-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Look at Bayern. Coasted in a sh*t league, but as soon as they met a good team in the CL they lost.

Orlando Magic the same in 2010. Swept the first 2 rounds, but then they lost to Celtics in the ECF.

Could be the same for Miami.

I think you need that intensity from the start. It's tough to coast and then just find that level in the Finals.

It's a great thing for Spurs to play these tough series. It's great practice before the finals.

The sh*tty Eastern Conference could come back and bite Miami in the arse. :banana:

alenleomessi
04-30-2014, 09:20 AM
yeah i can already imagine an exhausted timmy missing another blunder like last season :applause:

livinglegend
04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Yeah, but they are not making the finals.
Clippers will become league s favorites if OKC leaves. The league will try to bring as much as money and ratings with Sterling s story. They will favor the Clippers and get them to the finals.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 09:28 AM
The Spurs had everything go right for them in 2013 and they still lost the Finals, dude. Let it go. They're not going to win another title.

VIntageNOvel
04-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah, but they are not making the finals.
Clippers will become league s favorites if OKC leaves. The league will try to bring as much as money and ratings with Sterling s story. They will favor the Clippers and get them to the finals.

livingfakkit is a bitch,
but totally agree :applause:
i think clippers is the only team in the west that stand a real chance against the heat

memphis and portland will give em a good series though

dude77
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Look at Bayern. Coasted in a sh*t league, but as soon as they met a good team in the CL they lost.

Orlando Magic the same in 2010. Swept the first 2 rounds, but then they lost to Celtics in the ECF.

Could be the same for Miami.

I think you need that intensity from the start. It's tough to coast and then just find that level in the Finals.

It's a great thing for Spurs to play these tough series. It's great practice before the finals.

The sh*tty Eastern Conference could come back and bite Miami in the arse. :banana:

anything to distract you from the reality that miami is going to win their 3rd consecutive title .. some of you are absolutely terrified :oldlol:

-Lebron23-
04-30-2014, 10:15 AM
This sounds like when someone talks about moral victories after getting his ass beaten.

TMT
04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
If OKC loses to Memphis and we finish this series off like were supposed to, there's no doubt we are heavy favorites for the Weatern Conference throne. I have a feeling Portland would be a much better matchup.

DMAVS41
04-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Why are people laughing at the Spurs?

They are tied 2-2 with a very good Dallas team that is playing hard as **** right now.

They lost one of those games on a game winner 3 with less than 2 seconds to go.

They are huge favorites to come out of this series at -450...and their main competition, the team that gives them the most problems, is on the verge of being eliminated in round 1.

LOL...the most likely thing now is that the Spurs beat the Mavs in 6...and might not have to play the Thunder. Because even if they get past the Grizzlies, they still have to beat the Clippers to meet the Spurs.

This series, assuming the Spurs win (hope they don't obviously), will only serve is a good wake up call to them.

Yea it might wear them down a little, but they'll get enough rest as the playoffs progress with all the breaks in between games.

MoMoney
04-30-2014, 11:01 AM
If OKC loses to Memphis and we finish this series off like were supposed to, there's no doubt we are heavy favorites for the Weatern Conference throne. I have a feeling Portland would be a much better matchup.

Agreed. SA is the only team I'm truly scared of in the west if OKC gets eliminated. The experience disparity between the Blazers and Spurs concerns me...

but it would be one hell of a series considering how well we generally play against you guys

Spurs5Rings2014
04-30-2014, 11:02 AM

They are tied 2-2 with a very good Dallas team that is playing hard as **** right now.

They are huge favorites to come out of this series at -450...and their main competition, the team that gives them the most problems, is on the verge of being eliminated in round 1.

LOL...the most likely thing now is that the Spurs beat the Mavs in 6...and might not have to play the Thunder. Because even if they get past the Grizzlies, they still have to beat the Clippers to meet the Spurs.

This series, assuming the Spurs win (hope they don't obviously), will only serve is a good wake up call to them.

Yea it might wear them down a little, but they'll get enough rest as the playoffs progress with all the breaks in between games.

:applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-30-2014, 11:13 AM

if dirk pulls his head out of his ass its freaking over for the Spurs:applause:

turboranger306
04-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Dirk is awake just so you know, he and duncan are not going to carry their teams like they use to. Fact

RagaZ
04-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Rest are the one of the most overrated things in pro sports anyway.

Blue&Orange
04-30-2014, 11:49 AM
spurs not going past memphis this year.

Finals are going to be Grizzlies Vs Hawks, Silver wet dream.

DMAVS41
04-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Dirk is awake just so you know, he and duncan are not going to carry their teams like they use to. Fact

Yea, but Dirk has to be better.

Games 1 and 4 were right there for the taking and he couldn't get us over the hump.

Doesn't matter how old he is...he's missed some huge shots in this series and he deserves a good deal of blame for us not being up 3-1 right now.

He did nothing to stop the game 1 collapse and in game 4 he missed yet another bunny and a wide open 15 footer that would have put us up 3.

I totally agree that we shouldn't count on Dirk averaging 27 a game like he did in his prime, but he has to play better than this if we want to beat the Spurs.

Outside of game 1 I think he's played well, but the problem is that this series is so close. It's going to be a shot or a play or a 2 minute sequence that decides it...and unfortunately, that sequence might have already happened in game 1.

There have been 3 games in this series that could have gone either way in crunch time...and the Mavs only won one of those. It's very hard to upset someone if you can't win the 50/50 games.

He has at least 2 games left to get it going, but so far this is not good enough to win. Out of him or Ellis...I'm not fully blaming Dirk...Ellis has to play a lot better. The Spurs are giving him lanes and wide open shots and he's still shooting sub 40% and he's not creating shots for anyone because of how he's being defended...only 2 assists per game iirc for the series.

Leroy Jetson
04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
spurs not going past memphis this year.

Finals are going to be Grizzlies Vs Hawks, Silver wet dream.

The same Spurs who swept the Grizzlies in the playoffs last year and the regular season this year? Good luck with that.

turboranger306
04-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Yea, but Dirk has to be better.

Games 1 and 4 were right there for the taking and he couldn't get us over the hump.

Doesn't matter how old he is...he's missed some huge shots in this series and he deserves a good deal of blame for us not being up 3-1 right now.

He did nothing to stop the game 1 collapse and in game 4 he missed yet another bunny and a wide open 15 footer that would have put us up 3.

I totally agree that we shouldn't count on Dirk averaging 27 a game like he did in his prime, but he has to play better than this if we want to beat the Spurs.

Outside of game 1 I think he's played well, but the problem is that this series is so close. It's going to be a shot or a play or a 2 minute sequence that decides it...and unfortunately, that sequence might have already happened in game 1.

There have been 3 games in this series that could have gone either way in crunch time...and the Mavs only won one of those. It's very hard to upset someone if you can't win the 50/50 games.

He has at least 2 games left to get it going, but so far this is not good enough to win. Out of him or Ellis...I'm not fully blaming Dirk...Ellis has to play a lot better. The Spurs are giving him lanes and wide open shots and he's still shooting sub 40% and he's not creating shots for anyone because of how he's being defended...only 2 assists per game iirc for the series. I agree with that, tonight he played well, but the role players minus carter stunk it up

IncarceratedBob
04-30-2014, 10:24 PM
what the fvck is a "bayern"?

RagaZ
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM
what the fvck is a "bayern"?
:lol

RagaZ
06-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Nailed it :rockon:

robert_shaww
06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
The Spurs had everything go right for them in 2013 and they still lost the Finals, dude. Let it go. They're not going to win another title.
:rolleyes:

Uncle Drew
06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Another gem. :roll: We'll never see his face on ISH again, that's for sure.