PDA

View Full Version : NBA to rescind technical on Dwight

UK2K
04-30-2014, 01:50 PM
NBA told Rockets Howard's Game 4 technical for being near Freeland was rescinded, per source. Second correction involving Howard in series.

In a series with 3 OT games, having the NBA come out and say that, yet again, the officiating was wrong, is pathetic.

Moral victories for the NBA. Joke of a league. Good thing that free throw wasn't a game changer in a game that went to overtime.

Clyde
04-30-2014, 02:09 PM
NBA told Rockets Howard's Game 4 technical for being near Freeland was rescinded, per source. Second correction involving Howard in series.

In a series with 3 OT games, having the NBA come out and say that, yet again, the officiating was wrong, is pathetic.

Moral victories for the NBA. Joke of a league. Good thing that free throw wasn't a game changer in a game that went to overtime.

then why do you watch?

ref are going to make mistakes, big deal.......especially over something that happened 36odd minutes before the game ended.

I applaud you for not claiming the game was rigged though. +1 for that
:rolleyes:

el_locoteee
04-30-2014, 02:16 PM
then why do you watch?

ref are going to make mistakes, big deal.......especially over something that happened 36odd minutes before the game ended.

I applaud you for not claiming the game was rigged though. +1 for that

Especially when they get a crucial out of bound play in OT that they can review but refuse to.

UK2K
04-30-2014, 02:16 PM
then why do you watch?

So because I think our president is a joke I should move to Canada?
Because I think my city's elected officials are a joke (SJL, the one who claims to be a slave and that Neil Armstrong landed on Mars) I should move cities?
Because I think ESPN is slanted and biased towards superstars I should not watch the channel?
Because I think my boss is a joke I should quit?

Good rationale.

Two blatantly obvious incorrect calls, but I should just live with it? Maybe CP3 and Doc should just deal with playing for a racist owner?

The fact is the officiating is sub par and can be improved, but why should they bother? They can apologize and pretend like it never happened. From a fans perspective, it'll never be improved unless we as fans demand it. Similar to the intern refs the NFL used, fan dissention got so bad they HAD to bring back the real officials.

Clyde
04-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Because I think my city's elected officials are a joke (SJL, the one who claims to be a slave and that Neil Armstrong landed on Mars) I should move cities?
Because I think ESPN is slanted and biased towards superstars I should not watch the channel?

Good rationale.

Two blatantly obvious incorrect calls, but I should just live with it? Maybe CP3 and Doc should just deal with playing for a racist owner?

The fact is the officiating is sub par and can be improved, but why should they bother? They can apologize and pretend like it never happened. From a fans perspective, it'll never be improved unless we as fans demand it. Similar to the intern refs the NFL used, fan dissention got so bad they HAD to bring back the real officials.

And how would you improve officiating?

Expand the replay to every possession of the game? People like you will always complain unless it's 100% correct, so lets hear it.

How do you fix the NBA officiating??

SpecialQue
04-30-2014, 02:30 PM
So much rigging. Shit makes me hate the game.

Clyde
04-30-2014, 02:30 PM

Good rationale.

those examples are a bit more extreme than choosing to watch a game that you are obviously enjoying.

Clyde
04-30-2014, 02:33 PM
So much rigging. Shit makes me hate the game.

:lol

yes...rigging.

did you know the entire season is actually fully scripted, down to every single play??

...tin foil hats ladies and gentlemen.

SpecialQue
04-30-2014, 02:36 PM

yes...rigging.

did you know the entire season is actually fully scripted, down to every single play??

...tin foil hats ladies and gentlemen.

Seriously? Ah fvck. Someone better leak the script while Sterling keeps Silver distracted.

Clyde
04-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Seriously? Ah fvck. Someone better leak the script while Sterling keeps Silver distracted.

Threethrows
04-30-2014, 04:00 PM
At least they've apologized to the Rockets. All of the godawful calls that there is video evidence of against the Blazers haven't gotten any apologies. But let's pretend the league is rigging games for the smaller market team with lesser known players and not the hugely hyped manufactured super star's team who's ass they are kissing.

MUGEN
04-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Still waiting for an apology for any of the god knows how many calls that went against the Blazers lol

el_locoteee
04-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Still waiting for an apology for any of the god knows how many calls that went against the Blazers lol

Like?

MUGEN
04-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Like?

:coleman:

MoMoney
04-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Like?

Invisible Tech on Roblin Lopez.
Invisible 6th foul on Robin Lopez.
The 350 moving screens Asik sets per game...

The MODA center was chanting these refs suck and literally boo'd the refs off of the court after the first half on sunday. I'm not saying this is classy or right and I can't think of any specific ones after being there from the top of my head but it was more cumulative. Oh I forgot the biggest ones. . . .

JOEY CRAWFORD
BENNETT SALVATORE.

95% rockets 100% BULLSH

Myth
04-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Why doesn't the NBA replace the technical with one for hitting Lopez in the stomach with a backhand? Or maybe with a flagrant for one of his once per game elbows to the head of Lopez or Freeland that somehow went as non-calls?

MoMoney
04-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Why doesn't the NBA replace the technical with one for hitting Lopez in the stomach with a backhand? Or maybe with a flagrant for one of his once per game elbows to the head of Lopez or Freeland that somehow went as non-calls?

Or those two TJones elbows at Mo last game?

LOL.

SCdac
04-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Dwight gets away with goaltends almost every game anyways. It all balances out.

Jameerthefear
04-30-2014, 05:10 PM
The refs have straight up raped the Rockets as far as calls. Dwight gets hit on almost every possession with no call, LMA is for some reason getting the same calls that say Harden usually gets, multiple possessions where players were obviously out of bounds etc.

MoMoney
04-30-2014, 05:15 PM
The refs have straight up raped the Rockets as far as calls. Dwight gets hit on almost every possession with no call, LMA is for some reason getting the same calls that say Harden usually gets, multiple possessions where players were obviously out of bounds etc.

Id be interested to see someone who isn't a stan of either team but has watched the games weigh in. I don't see how anyone could say that.

Anyone without bias?

Black and White
04-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Dude, its been going both ways, point is, the Rockets have played like dogshit and haven't helped their cause, can't point the finger at the refs until they play better.

brantonli
04-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Id be interested to see someone who isn't a stan of either team but has watched the games weigh in. I don't see how anyone could say that.

Anyone without bias?

Even though I'm a Rockets fan, I would say the officiating isn't 'bad' bad, but the problem is the marginal mistakes come at incredibly crucial times during the game. Hence, the officiating mistakes are magnified 100x.

Like Lopex and Howard's 6th fouls, neither of which should've occured in one of the games. What's worse is when technical fouls definitively impact the games score (like the tech on Dwight in an OT game, which definitely altered the result), that's the mistakes that any fan can't bear.

JellyBean
04-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Still does not explain the crappy play of the Rockets.

el_locoteee
04-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Still does not explain the crappy play of the Rockets.

That's why we want the player to decide the game not the refs.

I'm not talking about a bad call here and there but crucial calls where the refs can go review but doesn't.

When you call a technical for hitting someone head you can easily go a review to make sure is the right call, and they are allow that.

That blatant out of bound call in O.T. is review-able yet nothing happen.

When you are at home and Freeland get a call on a loose ball on a superstar in Howard (that was a bad call and cost free throws) you know the refs are taking a big part on the game.

Historically Refs swallow their whistle at the end of games unless an clear call, you let the players decide. Like when Daniels hit the 3 it was a foul on Harden but they let the play go because it was in a loose ball, no tic tac fouls call. When dummy Lin didn't call Time out he was fouled by Lillard before getting the ball strip by Williams, you let the Tic Tac call go and let the player decide.

You get 17 foul call in a team at the Half and no Fouls on the other team, then call like 60+ fouls the rest of the game, WTF. but this is not new the problem is when all the games have gone to the wire all these bad call that usually get hide under the rug now determine games. We need a better way to make this refs accountable. There is a number of them that should not be allow to officiate in the playoff, but with no system to get them out history will repeat over and over.

Duggrr
04-30-2014, 08:07 PM
movin' picks.