PDA

View Full Version : Lebron deserves a ton of credit

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Throughout the years, lebron has deserved alot of bs criticism and hate for having bad games. Now that we see durant having a bad series, people are starting to understand what lebron went through. Hes done it all, i mean he came back after his mediocre 2011 performance, winning twice in a row. Its time we gave a huge amount of credit to lebron for overcoming the obstacles and the refs. Hes gotta be at least top 5 player of all time, with games against good teams like the celtics, bulls, spurs, thunder etc.

russwest0
04-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Its time we gave a huge amount of credit to lebron for overcoming the obstacles and the refs.

:biggums:

TheMarkMadsen
04-30-2014, 05:20 PM

RagaZ
04-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Yep, great achievement getting swept in the finals and scoring 8p in a Finals game. Massive respect.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:21 PM
:biggums:
come on bro, he gets hacked numerous times and no calls. It gets so bad these days, his coach needs to call out the refs even when they win.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Yep, great achievement getting swept in the finals and scoring 8p in a Finals game. Massive respect.
like i said, people have terrible games. Durant had a 15pt game this series and isn't getting the amount of hate lebron gets.

Black and White
04-30-2014, 05:23 PM
come on bro, he gets hacked numerous times and no calls. It gets so bad these days, his coach needs to call out the refs even when they win.

You acting like LeBron hasn't had a ton of ref help over the years??? This nikka is a top 3 flopper in the game.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:25 PM
You acting like LeBron hasn't had a ton of ref help over the years??? This nikka is a top 3 flopper in the game.
He flops at most once every 5 games or so. This is due to the fact he barely gets calls when he drives in and gets destroyed by other dudes. If he had alot of "ref help" and he "flops" why does he still average LESS fts then a kevin durant.

plowking
04-30-2014, 05:26 PM

You're a Celtics fan... Your idol Paul Pierce invented the "jerk the head back" move on every drive.

Shut up.

Combat Wombat
04-30-2014, 05:26 PM
You're one dumb fcker.

Tell me: Did your mother know that you had down-syndrome before or after you were born?

MoMoney
04-30-2014, 05:27 PM
He flops at most once every 5 games or so. This is due to the fact he barely gets calls when he drives in and gets destroyed by other dudes. If he had alot of "ref help" and he "flops" why does he still average LESS fts then a kevin durant.

A user with lebron in his name making a thread about how good lebron is?

original.

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:27 PM
:coleman:

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
You're a Celtics fan... Your idol Paul Pierce invented the "jerk the head back" move on every drive.

Shut up.
you hate LeBron really? or naw?

Black and White

How long have you been watching? Because you are using a one season sample, LeBron over the least 4 years or so has gotten the calls that Durant has, flopping to get calls is stupid btw :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
Difference is Durant gets almost no criticism. LeBron gets blamed for everything :oldlol:

Black and White
04-30-2014, 05:29 PM

Shut up.

So? That doesn't mean that LeBron doesn't flop, there is nothing you can say that will take that away, because it happens.

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Difference is Durant gets almost no criticism. LeBron gets blamed for everything :oldlol:
Look at Lebron's "all star" team tho?:roll:

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:30 PM
So? That doesn't mean that LeBron doesn't flop, there is nothing you can say that will take that away, because it happens.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Relinquish

Kobe, Magic and Bird all scored 8 points in a finals game but you guys don't mention those performances. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Lebronxrings
A user with lebron in his name making a thread about how good lebron is?

original.
what? Im basically saying we should appreciate lebron more. People get on him for the simplest bs ever.

Bandito
04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Op lost me at refs. I was with tou until then.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
How long have you been watching? Because you are using a one season sample, LeBron over the least 4 years or so has gotten the calls that Durant has, flopping to get calls is stupid btw :facepalm
Lebron has never gotten the same ticky fouls durant has gotten. Kevin durant is so highly protected by the refs its crazy.

Black and White
04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Lebron has never gotten the same ticky fouls Harden has gotten. James Harden is so highly protected by the refs its crazy.

Fixed

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Lebron has never gotten the same ticky fouls durant has gotten. Kevin durant is so highly protected by the refs its crazy.
what happen in 2012 then?:coleman:

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Op lost me at refs. I was with tou until then.
alright i admit, there were times back where the refs would give lebron is deserved calls. Point is, lebron gets hacked and destroyed these days by defenders and STILL gives an mvp performance. Seriously, all the calls he hasn't gotten could be equivalent to the calls durants deserved.

Solefade
04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
lebron doesn't get babied nor does he get screwed by the refs though

but OP is right- lebron does deserve a lot of credit, most hyped and scrutinized athlete ever that lived up to the hype and survived the scrutiny

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
what happen in 2012 then?:coleman:
2011-2012 averaged 8.1 fts. 2012-2013 averaged 7 fts.:confusedshrug:

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:39 PM
2011-2012 averaged 8.1 fts. 2012-2013 averaged 7 fts.:confusedshrug:
finals I mean, refs kissed LeBron's ass:coleman:

Keno
04-30-2014, 05:40 PM
on top of that, durant doesn't have close to the amount of pressure lebron had when he was ringless. and he still overcame it all and won rings.

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:40 PM
lebron doesn't get babied nor does he get screwed by the refs though

but OP is right- lebron does deserve a lot of credit, most hyped and scrutinized athlete ever that lived up to the hype and survived the scrutiny
and cheated his way to glory.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:41 PM
alright, alright enough about the ref talk. We can talk about that another time. Point is, we should all appreciate lebrons greatness more and be grateful to witness this. Guys like lebron will have bad games, bad series, etc. Give me the dude who always had perfect seasons where he would always deliver; you won't find any.

Real14
on top of that, durant doesn't have close to the amount of pressure lebron had when he was ringless.
and who's fault was dat??:biggums:

russwest0

Difference is Durant didn't promise to bring a chip to OKC, and then ditch them on live TV, go dancing and celebrating with his new team in front of new fans the next day, and then declare winning the chip to be "easy."

I am seriously :facepalm that LeBron stans still don't understand why classy guys like Dirk (lost in the first round the year he won MVP) and Durant don't get as much criticism for their shortcomings as attention whores like LeBron do.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:42 PM
finals I mean, refs kissed LeBron's ass:coleman:
please elaborate.

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:43 PM
please elaborate.
go watch that finals again, they even have a couple of videos on youtube including 2012 east finals.

no pun intended
04-30-2014, 05:44 PM
To be fair, much of the criticism stems from LeBron's self-proclaimation as king and permamently marking himself as the "Chosen One" with a tattoo.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Difference is Durant didn't promise to bring a chip to OKC, and then ditch them on live TV, go dancing and celebrating with his new team in front of new fans the next day, and then declare winning the chip to be "easy."

I am seriously :facepalm that LeBron stans still don't understand why classy guys like Dirk (lost in the first round the year he won MVP) and Durant don't get as much criticism for their shortcomings as attention whores like LeBron do.
I seriously doubt he said winning a ring was easy. Whenever i hear him, he says how tough it is and what it takes to win one. As for lebron dancing and celebrating with his fans- whats wrong with that? Hes merely introducing himself to the fans, generating his fame and love towards us die hard fans. You think he wants the media in his throats and talking trash for missing a free throw or a 17 footer? Its guys like YOU who put this bs on him. Don't believe me, go look at heat threads where people like you will say bs about him for one bad play. Us true fans rarely talk about him, yet people like you go on and on about him and how durant has surpassed him. Well look at how that turned out?

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:49 PM
To be fair, much of the criticism stems from LeBron's self-proclaimation as king and permamently marking himself as the "Chosen One" with a tattoo.
wow. So a simple tatoo which doesn't even get exposed during games, is the reason people hate on him? You haters are too much:roll:

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:49 PM
I seriously doubt he said winning a ring was easy.
where was you in jul 2010?:biggums:

plowking
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM

As he should. He gets hacked more than any player in the league, and doesn't nearly get the calls he should. He deserves all the freebies he gets.
Clocked in the nose, broken, and no call.
Elbowed in the damn throat, and somehow a regular foul.

Bron deserves a lot more than he gets.

AnaheimLakers24
04-30-2014, 05:51 PM
steroids and collusion. nba legends and real nba fans will never respect him. thats a fact. prove me wrong. you cant and wont

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:52 PM
where was you in jul 2010?:biggums:
I hope you're not considering the one where he spoke to heat fans serious. That was to hype them up and the team up in order to win.

Lebronxrings
steroids and collusion. nba legends and real nba fans will never respect him. thats a fact. prove me wrong. you cant and wont
stupid post is stupid.

AnaheimLakers24
also op is a loser fgt whos pretending to be this homos fan

k0kakw0rld
04-30-2014, 05:53 PM
You are an idiot. People called him out for being mentally weak. What happens right after? He wins two titles in a row. back2back MVP FMVP :bowdown: :applause: :pimp: :cheers: That's what I call silencing the critics.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
also op is a loser fgt whos pretending to be this homos fan
thanks for contributing to the thread. Your post was very insightful and spoke volumes.

Black and White
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
As he should. He gets hacked more than any player in the league, and doesn't nearly get the calls he should. He deserves all the freebies he gets.
Clocked in the nose, broken, and no call.
Elbowed in the damn throat, and somehow a regular foul.

No player SHOULD flop, flopping is what ruins the NBA, but I feel like he brought it on himself by flopping etc in the last few years that the refs have become a bit hesitant on giving him the calls.

Real14
04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/michael-jordan-lol.gif

AnaheimLakers24
04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
No player SHOULD flop, flopping is what ruins the NBA, but I feel like he brought it on himself by flopping etc in the last few years that the refs have become a bit hesitant on giving him the calls.
great point! that bitch is a flopper too. yup no one will ever respect this boring ass player

AnaheimLakers24
04-30-2014, 05:56 PM
his wife also looks like my cats shit from last night

Lebronxrings
http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/michael-jordan-lol.gif
see this is what i mean. Most of you laugh at the man and never give him credit for anything. Its always: Refs, stacked team, weak competitions, etc.

Real14
I hope you're not considering the one where he spoke to heat fans serious. That was to hype them up and the team up in order to win.
cut tha bullshit man:lol

Relinquish
04-30-2014, 05:57 PM
thanks for contributing to the thread. Your post was very insightful and spoke volumes.

I've never once seen him make a post of any value. Don't take him too seriously. :lol

Real14
04-30-2014, 06:00 PM
see this is what i mean. Most of you laugh at the man and never give him credit for anything. Its always: Refs, stacked team, weak competitions, etc.
LeBron done it to himself. whats lebronxrings stand for tho? LeBron deserves x rings?:roll:

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 06:06 PM
LeBron done it to himself. whats lebronxrings stand for tho? LeBron deserves x rings?:roll:
What exactly has he done to deserve this? He respects his teamates, fellow nba players, follows the law, etc. If this goes back to cleveland, he tried to give that city everything, but they didn't give their end of the bargain. Someone that big time and talented can not be with players like that.
My name in a way symbolizes many different things. For one, i feel the x is a journey for him towards the championships he tries to achieve. He is a winner, and is trying to obviously like evryone else; get all the gold he can get. Also, the x stands for a variable in which, we never know what he can do. 2 ,3 ,4, 5 championships are all possible outcomes. Its up to him to solve this and i would be excited to see.

Real14
04-30-2014, 06:10 PM
What exactly has he done to deserve this? He respects his teamates, fellow nba players, follows the law, etc. If this goes back to cleveland, he tried to give that city everything, but they didn't give their end of the bargain. Someone that big time and talented can not be with players like that.
My name in a way symbolizes many different things. For one, i feel the x is a journey for him towards the championships he tries to achieve. He is a winner, and is trying to obviously like evryone else; get all the gold he can get. Also, the x stands for a variable in which, we never know what he can do. 2 ,3 ,4, 5 championships are all possible outcomes. Its up to him to solve this and i would be excited to see.
he promise a title to Cleveland tho:lol

K Xerxes
04-30-2014, 06:14 PM
A lot more people will appreciate him after he retires. Always happens - history looks back favorably on greatness. He does deserve a lot of credit though. Even though he has made some big mistakes both on and off the court, not often does a once in a generation talent actually live up to his potential. He has, and his place amongst the all time greats has already been cemented.

Real14
04-30-2014, 06:17 PM
A lot more people will appreciate him after he retires. Always happens - history looks back favorably on greatness. He does deserve a lot of credit though. Even though he has made some big mistakes both on and off the court, not often does a once in a generation talent actually live up to his potential. He has, and his place amongst the all time greats has already been cemented.
he will always be remembered as tha bitch who cheated to get his rings. his legacy will be forever tainted.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 06:19 PM
he will always be remembered as tha bitch who cheated to get his rings. his legacy will be forever tainted.
cheated? Its no his fault he didn't have a good team and wanted to win.

tjgoHAM
04-30-2014, 06:19 PM
it seems a large number of lebron haters here are kobe/laker fans. You can bet they'd be singing an entirely different tune if lebron ever came to the lakers.

Combat Wombat
04-30-2014, 06:20 PM

OK, it's clear now that you haven't been watching for long. He promised them a championship, not the other way around, you stupid son of a b!tch.

Then he dumped them in the worst way you could; on national tv on a espn special called "THE DECISION". Do you remember that or were you still sucking on your mothers tit at the time?

He's averaged between 8-10 FT a season for most of his career so fck of with your garbage about refs not giving him calls.

Combat Wombat
04-30-2014, 06:21 PM
it seems a large number of lebron haters here are kobe/laker fans. You can bet they'd be singing an entirely different tune if lebron ever came to the lakers.

It works the other way too, mate. A lot of kobe haters are just lebron stans. That's the simple story of this place.

Real14
04-30-2014, 06:26 PM
cheated? Its no his fault he didn't have a good team and wanted to win.
tha LeBron cavs had 60 damn wins his last year man:facepalm

Brokenbeat
04-30-2014, 06:33 PM
LeBron James ✔ @KingJames
Follow

Commissioner Silver thank you for protecting our beautiful and powerful league!! Great leader!!

#BiggerThanBasketball #StriveForGreatness

LeBron thinks the NBA is in North Korea. He's probably a communist too.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 06:34 PM
OK, it's clear now that you haven't been watching for long. He promised them a championship, not the other way around, you stupid son of a b!tch.

Then he dumped them in the worst way you could; on national tv on a espn special called "THE DECISION". Do you remember that or were you still sucking on your mothers tit at the time?

He's averaged between 8-10 FT a season for most of his career so fck of with your garbage about refs not giving him calls.
You're right he did promise a championship for them. However, how could the management buy into his words. Seriously, did people expect him to bring a ring to a sorry ass team whos second best player was mo williams? Sure you can ask why he promised, but with all the hype he had and the state cleveland was in, he had to say something to cheer the city on and let people look at something. The decision came into play to announce where he was going. He didn't embarass the cavs, he simply said he was joining the heat, straight up. You can hate him for this, but he generated money for charities. Hes a good person and great player, why do you guys try to dispute this?

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 06:35 PM
tha LeBron cavs had 60 damn wins his last year man:facepalm
and how many wins did they have after he left?

lakerspng
04-30-2014, 06:36 PM
While I still think LeBron has some shortcomings that keep him out of my top 10, he has most certainly taken his place among the greats.

He's not the first player to come into the league with a ton of hype, but he may be the first who got it on a national scale to the level he did while still in high school. Obviously that can be attributed to the growth of the internet and over coverage of cable networks: a creature of the times. Had Kareem grown up in today's world, the way he dominated high school, then college, the hype around him coming into the league would shame Lebron's, but it is what it is. Lebron has had a ton of pressure on him for a long time and he has found a way to deliver.

At this stage he even seems to have matured into a strong leader and face of the league. Good for him. But please don't act like he's had to fight against the world, he's had it on a silver platter. He's done a great job of not turning it over.

No room for hate when you can enjoy watching great players.

lakerspng
04-30-2014, 06:39 PM
and how many wins did they have after he left?

that's not a valid argument. that team was initially built around having him as its centerpiece. any team built that way crumbles after that piece is removed. And that team was gutted.

catquickspider
04-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Lebron was looking worse than Durant the last 3 minutes of game 7. If it was not for Allen...:biggums:

Imagine if Durant was surrounded by a bunch of pure clutch 3 point shooters and decent big men :applause:

dontgetchoked
04-30-2014, 06:41 PM
when lebron has a bad game, kobe stans and durant stans go in. When Kd has a bad game, lebron stans go in. Lebron stans have no friends outside of other lebron stans because lebron stans hate anyone not named lebron. whereas kobe stans hate anyone who could potentially overtake kobes place all time, so look out durant stans, your backup wont be there in a few years. how is this hard to understand?

Human Error
04-30-2014, 06:52 PM
This. It is not Lebron's fault that he is built strong that it is not easy for him to get recognozed when he gets hacked. Shaq also got the same unfair treatment from the refs for the same reason. Guys like Durant gets calls when he gets touched on the fingertips and it is not Durant's fault either. Refs should study more on that department.

Lebronxrings
04-30-2014, 07:00 PM
that's not a valid argument. that team was initially built around having him as its centerpiece. any team built that way crumbles after that piece is removed. And that team was gutted.
but thats the point, the team was built AROUND him. Who brought the ball up? Lebron. Playemaker?, scorer?, leader?, last second shooter? They were all lebron. He had 0 help from his team. I haven't heard of a dude who can single highhandedly win a ring without other legit players.

Real14
04-30-2014, 07:01 PM
but thats the point, the team was built AROUND him. Who brought the ball up? Lebron. Playemaker?, scorer?, leader?, last second shooter? They were all lebron. He had 0 help from his team.
o really?:lol

Brokenbeat
04-30-2014, 07:02 PM
when lebron has a bad game, kobe stans and durant stans go in. When Kd has a bad game, lebron stans go in. Lebron stans have no friends outside of other lebron stans because lebron stans hate anyone not named lebron. whereas kobe stans hate anyone who could potentially overtake kobes place all time, so look out durant stans, your backup wont be there in a few years. how is this hard to understand?

What's funnier is hearing LeBron stans using the same arguments against Durant, that the Kobe stans used to use against LeBron. The next heir apparent will have to deal with it too. This has been going on for as long as the league has been in existence, but LeStans act like LeBron is the only one that's ever had to deal with it, lol. :confusedshrug:

lakerspng
04-30-2014, 07:03 PM
but thats the point, the team was built AROUND him. Who brought the ball up? Lebron. Playemaker?, scorer?, leader?, last second shooter? They were all lebron. He had 0 help from his team.

untrue, everyone on that team filled a role to support a ball-dominant, playmaker and scorer. He had plenty of help and they all played their respective roles well, the team racked up wins in the regular season and had several deep playoff runs. They just hadn't "gotten over the hump" and won a championship. They were a well built team to compliment LeBron's style and talent, just not quite good enough to win it all.

dc_chilling
04-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Lebron was dubbed "The Chosen One" and "The King" by the media when he was still in high school. He became one of the most recognized athletes in the country before he could drive. It is a miracle than he isn't more f***** up than he is to be honest.

You can't compare KD and Dirk to Lebron for that reason. They weren't "The Chosen One", they didn't have anywhere close to the expectations or spotlight that Lebron had. IMHO, what the guy has been able to accomplish despite being the most heavily scrutinized athlete of all time is pretty remarkable. People placed some of the most rediculous expectations on him as a kid and he has surpassed all of them. Comparing KD/Dirk to Lebron is apples and oranges.

dc_chilling
04-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Lebron was looking worse than Durant the last 3 minutes of game 7. If it was not for Allen...:biggums:

Imagine if Durant was surrounded by a bunch of pure clutch 3 point shooters and decent big men :applause:

I think you mean Game 6....

Yea imagine if Durant had a clutch 3 point shooter like Ray Allen (Derrick Fisher) or a decent big man (Serge Ibaka), what would that look like....

Oh wait.

I expect Durant to get a pass for this series because less is expected of him, but let's not make stuff up.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-30-2014, 07:22 PM
stop being a salty punk ass hoe.
the only reason lebron started flopping, and making a fool out of himself because hes so bad at it, was because he never gets remotely the same calls as other nba players.
LeBron flops every 5 games or so at best and nearly never gets the call because he looks like a fool doing it.
calling lebron a flopper is even dumber than being a normal lebron hater

Black and White
04-30-2014, 07:26 PM
stop being a salty punk ass hoe.
the only reason lebron started flopping, and making a fool out of himself because hes so bad at it, was because he never gets remotely the same calls as other nba players.
LeBron flops every 5 games or so at best and nearly never gets the call because he looks like a fool doing it.
calling lebron a flopper is even dumber than being a normal lebron hater

Dude, everybody knows LeBron is a flopper, its common knowledge, it doesn't require being a hater to recognize.

russwest0
04-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Lebron was dubbed "The Chosen One" and "The King" by the media when he was still in high school. He became one of the most recognized athletes in the country before he could drive. It is a miracle than he isn't more f***** up than he is to be honest.

You can't compare KD and Dirk to Lebron for that reason. They weren't "The Chosen One", they didn't have anywhere close to the expectations or spotlight that Lebron had. IMHO, what the guy has been able to accomplish despite being the most heavily scrutinized athlete of all time is pretty remarkable. People placed some of the most rediculous expectations on him as a kid and he has surpassed all of them. Comparing KD/Dirk to Lebron is apples and oranges.

He tattooed "The Chosen One" on his back... that shit has nothing to do with the media.

plowking
04-30-2014, 07:29 PM
While I still think LeBron has some shortcomings that keep him out of my top 10, he has most certainly taken his place among the greats.

He's not the first player to come into the league with a ton of hype, but he may be the first who got it on a national scale to the level he did while still in high school. Obviously that can be attributed to the growth of the internet and over coverage of cable networks: a creature of the times. Had Kareem grown up in today's world, the way he dominated high school, then college, the hype around him coming into the league would shame Lebron's, but it is what it is. Lebron has had a ton of pressure on him for a long time and he has found a way to deliver.

At this stage he even seems to have matured into a strong leader and face of the league. Good for him. But please don't act like he's had to fight against the world, he's had it on a silver platter. He's done a great job of not turning it over.

So much wrong with this post. :facepalm

Black and White
04-30-2014, 07:30 PM
So much wrong with this post. :facepalm

He is giving LeBron credit, whats wrong with that?

Marlo_Stanfield
04-30-2014, 07:58 PM

see, thats why YOU are retarded