PDA

View Full Version : Magic on D'Antoni resigning: "I couldn't be happier"

Aidz
05-01-2014, 12:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/magic-johnson-on-mike-d-antoni-resigning-as-head-coach-of-the-lakers---i-couldn-t-be-happier-030347022.html

From Magic's Twitter: "Happy days are here again! Mike D'Antoni resigns as the Lakers coach. I couldn't be happier!"

So this is the guy sitting on his high horse acting like he's morally superior to everyone.
At least Donald Sterling had the decency to keep his comments to himself -- some b.tch had to leak them.
Magic just comes straight out kicking a guy who's down.

No class.
But what can you expect from a man who pays gold-diggers to record secret tapes so he can buy someone else's business?

inclinerator
05-01-2014, 12:14 AM
racist

Spaulding
05-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Disrespectful of Magic.

alanLA92
05-01-2014, 12:23 AM
That's pretty f***ed up.

Im Still Ballin
05-01-2014, 12:25 AM
racist.

ban him for life.

coin24
05-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Magic should really shut the fu*k up and stick to what hes good at, sucking guys d.icks.. And I hate Dantoni...

dude77
05-01-2014, 12:26 AM
happy days magic ? dude just lost his job .. not cool

russwest0
05-01-2014, 12:27 AM
disrespectful as **** and he wants to be an owner?

dude77
05-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Magic should really shut the fu*k up and stick to what hes good at, sucking guys d.icks.. And I hate Dantoni...

:oldlol:

Heavincent
05-01-2014, 12:33 AM
At least D'Antoni doesn't have AIDS.

PickernRoller
05-01-2014, 12:33 AM

DuMa
05-01-2014, 12:34 AM
how long until magic is investigated by MLB?

Droid101
05-01-2014, 12:35 AM
"Lost his job." lol

Dude will be coaching somewhere next year or the year after, for millions of dollars. Plus the Lakers paid him 2 million for next year to kick rocks.

I weep for him.

Heavincent
05-01-2014, 12:36 AM
OP's username is fitting for this thread.

Akrazotile
05-01-2014, 12:37 AM
What do you expect? Magic is notoriously positive.

Kakapopo
05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Magic is a fake nice guy kinda like Lebron.

poido123
05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Why you guys so against Magic's comments?

He pretty much reflects the thoughts of nearly every Laker fan of D'Antoni's firing.

dude77
05-01-2014, 12:40 AM
"Lost his job." lol

Dude will be coaching somewhere next year or the year after, for millions of dollars. Plus the Lakers paid him 2 million for next year to kick rocks.

I weep for him.

true .. forgot these fkers are paid very well .. very unprofessional and trashy by magic nonetheless

JUDGE WITNESS
05-01-2014, 12:41 AM
magic is a true laker fan

gts
05-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Why you guys so against Magic's comments?

He pretty much reflects the thoughts of nearly every Laker fan of D'Antoni's firing.

Long time Laker fan here, never a fan of D'Antonis and I love Magic..

It was classless, c'mom Magic, you're better than that

BlackVVaves
05-01-2014, 12:45 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/magic-johnson-on-mike-d-antoni-resigning-as-head-coach-of-the-lakers---i-couldn-t-be-happier-030347022.html

From Magic's Twitter: "Happy days are here again! Mike D'Antoni resigns as the Lakers coach. I couldn't be happier!"

So this is the guy sitting on his high horse acting like he's morally superior to everyone.
At least Donald Sterling had the decency to keep his comments to himself -- some b.tch had to leak them.
Magic just comes straight out kicking a guy who's down.

No class.
But what can you expect from a man who pays gold-diggers to record secret tapes so he can buy someone else's business?

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111125162907/glee/images/e/e4/Smh2.gif

Draz
05-01-2014, 12:46 AM
"Lost his job." lol

I weep for him.
He will.

Adding that this was unprofessional of mj

poido123
05-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Long time Laker fan here, never a fan of D'Antonis and I love Magic..

It was classless, c'mom Magic, you're better than that

Call me classless, but I'd say/do what I felt was on my mind too if I were Magic regarding D'Antoni. He was a Laker legend and has the credentials and career to say pretty much what he likes when it comes to the Lakers.

D'Antoni really fcked around with rotations, minutes and even players careers, without an ounce of sympathy shown towards them.

However, Sterling's comments I will not support. I see that as classless and just another small-minded racist.

dontgetchoked
05-01-2014, 01:10 AM
who cares this is a rich ass dude who RESIGNED from his job. Didnt get fired, just resigned. he can coach somewhere else next year, or he can take time off and count his money. whats the big deal? oh hes black so youre going to try to make him seem... what? that wasnt racist, just rude. so what, laker fans dont want dantoni there either. this sterling thing really got a lot of people upset. Relax, dude didnt even like white people.

zizozain
05-01-2014, 01:32 AM
he's a Lakar fan

and it's a happy day for Laker fans

moe94
05-01-2014, 01:36 AM
OP's name is Aidz and he hates Magic. Magic raped dude. It's clear as day.

chosen_one6
05-01-2014, 01:37 AM
Dude quit and Magic is happy about it.

The f*ck y'all gettin sand in your vag*nas for? Nobody that was a Laker fan wanted him around, and everyone that rooted against the Lakers hoped that he stayed longer.

moe94
05-01-2014, 01:40 AM

The f*ck y'all gettin sand in your vag*nas for? Nobody that was a Laker fan wanted him around, and everyone that rooted against the Lakers hoped that he stayed longer.

The irony is a lot of the people that are upset are the same ones that kept saying "why are black people so sensitive?" :roll:

stalkerforlife
05-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Magic is an idiot.

BlazerRed
05-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Agreed.

bluechox2
05-01-2014, 02:21 AM
racist shots fired...not one f uck is given though

Lakers Legend#32
05-01-2014, 02:31 AM
Magic is God. His word is the law.

Black Mamba's B
05-01-2014, 02:38 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Laker4Lyfe
05-01-2014, 02:51 AM

:applause::applause:

BrainDead
05-01-2014, 03:10 AM
This racist has been getting everything he wants lately. He's so happy to stick it to the white man. Fvcking phagg0t :facepalm

GimmeThat
05-01-2014, 03:48 AM
what did D'Antoni did to Magic?

I am perfectly fine if Magic has accepted his role in relation to the Lakers organization.

Nothing more than a fan from now on.

It's an embarrassment to the Lakers organization for the class in which we hold ourselves to.

oarabbus
05-01-2014, 03:50 AM
D'Antoni resigned, it's not like got fired, but serious lack of class on Magic's part to say that.

Verticality
05-01-2014, 03:56 AM

Neither does Magic :confusedshrug:

Mr Feeny
05-01-2014, 05:06 AM

Legit laughed out loud there

The-Legend-24
05-01-2014, 05:09 AM
:oldlol: :applause:

Magic's right, nobody wanted this fvck as coach.

NumberSix
05-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Pretty sure everybody wanted D'Antoni gone. Surprised Magic would come out swinging like that, but I'm pretty sure his sentiments are in line with how most people feel.

Mr. Jabbar
05-01-2014, 05:20 AM
dantoni being a shitty coach doesnt deserve that from magic wtf :no:

-Lebron23-
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Sh

05-01-2014, 06:26 AM
This is the 3rd nba team he's resigned from.

His style is not suited for winning titles in the NBA

how is he able to get job after job? He must related to some of those GMs or something.

Sharmer
05-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Behind all the smiles and banter, magic is showing his true colours. He's a mental midget compared to Kareem.

HomieWeMajor
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
That's a lie
He's happier when Arsenio Hall keeps on sucking his dick after he already buss a nut

3peated
05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
he's a laker fan, he isn't a part of the FO anymore (i don't think). he can share his opinion just like any of us can, lol.

Godzuki
05-01-2014, 09:23 AM
i used to stick up for D Antoni before the Lakers hired him but after watching him coach that team i've lost all respect. he is THE worst personnel manager i've ever seen. his rotations/subs are awful oftentimes. I take issue with Kupchak defending him like he did a good job. Maybe if the purpose was to tank he did, but i don't think the Lakers were truly trying to tank in any game i watched.

good riddance.

gts
05-01-2014, 10:08 AM
^^ Lakers didn't have to tank.. Players missed 312 games due to injury, the most ever in NBA history

Element
05-01-2014, 10:09 AM

omg :oldlol: :oldlol:

davehos
05-01-2014, 10:11 AM
That's some high level ether.

rhowen4
05-01-2014, 10:22 AM
n1

tmacattack33
05-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah that was a pretty blunt tweet...after I saw that I just assumed that they had already been beefing publicly. If not though, lol at that...that was uncalled for.

Jailblazers7
05-01-2014, 10:31 AM
PLOT TWIST: That was Kobe posting from Magic's account.

dude77
05-01-2014, 10:37 AM
PLOT TWIST: That was Kobe posting from Magic's account.

SpecialQue
05-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Goddamn. For someone on my ignore list, you're one of the few people making sense in this thread.

And leave it to that idiot OP to make this about Sterling.

Bandito
05-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I couldn't be happier too

the wise man
05-01-2014, 11:47 AM
The irony is a lot of the people that are upset are the same ones that kept saying "why are black people so sensitive?" :roll:

Maybe the people who are upset don't really mind his comment, only that he was an asshole that thinks he have the right to call out other people for being assholes while being an asshole himself? I guess it is okay to be an asshole as long as you are the kind of asshole that people don't mind.

SexSymbol
05-01-2014, 11:50 AM
I can't undersatnd posters that don't agree with Magic.
Happy days are here again, everybody knows D'antoni is one of the worst ever.

the wise man
05-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Call me classless, but I'd say/do what I felt was on my mind too if I were Magic regarding D'Antoni. He was a Laker legend and has the credentials and career to say pretty much what he likes when it comes to the Lakers.

D'Antoni really fcked around with rotations, minutes and even players careers, without an ounce of sympathy shown towards them.

However, Sterling's comments I will not support. I see that as classless and just another small-minded racist.

Do you have evidence that D'antoni acted like an asshole while being the head coach of the Lakers? I think that is the only case where Magic is justified in what he said. Let me guess, if you had a classy co-worker that don't know how to do his job well, you will be an asshole to him, even after he quit? Are you a bully?

longtime lurker
05-01-2014, 12:06 PM
All you clowns need to Stfu. Magic is a bigger Lakers fan than amy Lakers fan on this board. He has no problem calling out anyone from management to players. He voiced what every Lakera fan was thinking.

Just2McFly
05-01-2014, 12:09 PM
How you gonna give Magic shit for saying what every laker fan thought? I think that D'antoni is trash

SilkkTheShocker
05-01-2014, 12:10 PM

This.

FireDavidKahn
05-01-2014, 12:13 PM

:oldlol: Ya, D'Antoni is to blame for the Lakers struggles. Laker's FO gave him a crap roster.

Jailblazers7
05-01-2014, 12:13 PM
All you clowns need to Stfu. Magic is a bigger Lakers fan than amy Lakers fan on this board. He has no problem calling out anyone from management to players. He voiced what every Lakera fan was thinking.

Yeah, I have no problem with high profile fans being public about their thoughts/feelings on the team. Kinda like how Simmons called out Doc last year. Honesty in sports media is refreshing even when it is a bit uncouth.

KobesFinger
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
:oldlol: Ya, D'Antoni is to blame for the Lakers struggles. Laker's FO gave him a crap roster.

Last year we barely made the playoffs. If he had adapted his system to accommodate Dwight + Pau + the lack of shooters, we could've been better. He randomly benched Jamison for about 10 games for apparently no reason. He had Artest at C when Dwight, Pau and Hill were injured. He ran 8 players deep all season so players were exhausted come playoffs. I don't blame him for this season but last season was all him. Glad he's gone.

Glide2keva
05-01-2014, 12:44 PM
He didn't lose his job. He quit.

Riley Martin
05-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Wait, what did D'Antoni do? Tweet something in support of Sterling? Be white? I haven't been keeping up with NBA drama.

qrich
05-01-2014, 01:02 PM
And people really think Clipper fans should be happy about this dude being a possible owner?

Really?

sbw19
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Worst-kept secret. Magic never hid his disapproval of MDA's hiring, but he shouldn't have said what he said; it doesn't make him look good and the Lakers roster needs a lot of fixing. Also, Jim Buss.

ImKobe
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Last year we barely made the playoffs. If he had adapted his system to accommodate Dwight + Pau + the lack of shooters, we could've been better. He randomly benched Jamison for about 10 games for apparently no reason. He had Artest at C when Dwight, Pau and Hill were injured. He ran 8 players deep all season so players were exhausted come playoffs. I don't blame him for this season but last season was all him. Glad he's gone.

Last season was all him? Jamison was DONE and got the treatment that he deserved, look at him this year :facepalm

Blake, Nash & Pau all missed 30 or more games, Dwight wasn't 100% and he missed so many crucial FTs in the 4th quarters, that's how we lost the majority of our games early in the season and he finished out strong(once we got healthy enough) with 28-12 in the last 40 games, though he did play Kobe too much, but we had no one else to put on the floor, because all our point guards were injured and we only had Meeks to play at SG, a very thin active roster.

Outside of Kobe & Dwight, Lakers were ass last season. This season, Kobe barely played, Pau was injured, Nash was out, Blake was out & got traded, our starting line-ups consisted of D-leaguers, and Young was the best active player on the roster (one of the worst chuckers in the NBA).

D'Antoni certainly has his flaws with the way he conducts himself in front of the media, throwing his players under the bus, not focusing on improving our defense & only trying to get the pace up..

Last season, we would have won 50-55 games if Nash & Blake had been healthy, which is really good for a coach that came in without a training camp.

That being said, I am happy he's gone, we weren't going to be contenders with him due to lack of discipline on the defensive end, though his late-game play-calling was actually pretty good. He's a smart man, but he isn't HC material to me.

gts
05-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Last season was all him? Jamison was DONE and got the treatment that he deserved, look at him this year :facepalm

Blake, Nash & Pau all missed 30 or more games, Dwight wasn't 100% and he missed so many crucial FTs in the 4th quarters, that's how we lost the majority of our games early in the season and he finished out strong(once we got healthy enough) with 28-12 in the last 40 games, though he did play Kobe too much, but we had no one else to put on the floor, because all our point guards were injured and we only had Meeks to play at SG, a very thin active roster.

Outside of Kobe & Dwight, Lakers were ass last season. This season, Kobe barely played, Pau was injured, Nash was out, Blake was out & got traded, our starting line-ups consisted of D-leaguers, and Young was the best active player on the roster (one of the worst chuckers in the NBA).

D'Antoni certainly has his flaws with the way he conducts himself in front of the media, throwing his players under the bus, not focusing on improving our defense & only trying to get the pace up..

Last season, we would have won 50-55 games if Nash & Blake would have been healthy, which is really good for a coach that came in without a training camp.

That being said, I am happy he's gone, we weren't going to be contenders with him due to lack of discipline on the defensive end, though his late-game play-calling was actually pretty good. He's a smart man, but he isn't HC material to me.

Sounds about right.. nice post

sd3035
05-01-2014, 01:11 PM
resigning > aids

FPJ
05-01-2014, 02:18 PM
D'Antoni will go to the Clippers next season. After Sterling wins his lawsuit and owns the NBA, Magic's name will be erased from every NBA document faster than Aids left him.

And if Russwest0 has access to his button...shit.

MavsSuperFan
05-01-2014, 02:20 PM
surprisingly classless of magic.

What ever D'Antoni's failures, he is already leaving. He has never been rude or disrespectful to the lakers or magic.

its not d'antoni's fault he was hired instead of phil

FPJ
05-01-2014, 02:24 PM
I think everyone forgets Kobe chose D'antoni...

hawksdogsbraves
05-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Super classless move, I didn't expect this from Magic...

215Philly
05-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I really don't like Magic anymore :facepalm

pegasus
05-01-2014, 02:30 PM
No wonder Sterling didn't want him at his games.

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Magic has no class lmao, this is all he can say? Anyway I bet Kendall Marshall is feeling really sad for D'Antoni's departure, no one understands and utilizes him better than MDA.
:biggums:

red1
05-01-2014, 02:32 PM
I dont feel any sympathy for dantoni since the guy has it f*cking made but I know if I was in his shoes I would want to strangle magic for this. Disrespect. The guy is on his way out and already takes a lot of shit for things that are out of his control.

Trollsmasher
05-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Magic should just die already. How does one live for so long with HIV anyway?

dude77
05-01-2014, 02:50 PM
He didn't lose his job. He quit.

lets be real .. he was ousted .. whether directly or indirectly .. he was gonna be a lame duck coach with no backing if he came back

20Four
05-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Magic should just die already. How does one live for so long with HIV anyway?
Your an idiot....hope you die along with you piece of $hit mom and dad..both probably crack whores eh? Now go do us all a favor and hang yourself...nobody will miss you or even know your gone....

senelcoolidge
05-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I agree with Barkley, Magic is better than that. This makes Magic look like a bitch. Don't say things like that. Did D' Antoni do or say something to Magic personally to offend him..I don't think so. What could D' Antoni do with that shit roster.

MavsSuperFan
05-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree with Barkley, Magic is better than that. This makes Magic look like a bitch. Don't say things like that. Did D' Antoni do or say something to Magic personally to offend him..I don't think so. What could D' Antoni do with that shit roster.
just from the outside, it looks like magic hated d'antoni from day 1, because he felt the job should have went to phil.

Rather than start something with jim buss he took it out on d'antoni.

Eg. a kid who hates his stepmom because it is preventing his parents from getting back together.

gts
05-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Your an idiot....hope you die along with you piece of $hit mom and dad..both probably crack whores eh? Now go do us all a favor and hang yourself...nobody will miss you or even know your gone....:lol

dude77
05-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Your an idiot....hope you die along with you piece of $hit mom and dad..both probably crack whores eh? Now go do us all a favor and hang yourself...nobody will miss you or even know your gone....

:oldlol: is magic your dad or something ? you realize magic doesn't know who you are either and probably views you as some peasant if you ever came across him .. some of you are fkn stupid with your homoerotic praise of these male celebrities

gts
05-01-2014, 03:10 PM
So D'Antoni to Minnesota?

CelticBaller
05-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Magic is a fgt anyways, showing that he's a classless fgt reassures the perception everybody had of the lakers

D-Rose
05-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Honestly, pretty unclassy from Magic. He's not just a fan of the team, he's a public figure. Chuck said it right on TNT.

GimmeThat
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
now that I have time to digest the news

he probably expressed the views that many Lakers fans share

and perhaps his statue greater than his persona.

White Mamba
05-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Honestly, pretty unclassy from Magic. He's not just a fan of the team, he's a public figure. Chuck said it right on TNT.

'So funny that chuck of all ppl said it. he is been talking crap like this tweet with magic on tnt for years.

Trollsmasher
05-01-2014, 04:19 PM
man boobs is mad:lol

20Four
05-01-2014, 04:22 PM
man boobs is mad:lol
LOl thats what you have son....as I said before you hating because I take care of myself...while you spend all your time of ISH 24/7 lmao maybe if you work out you would know

Haymaker
05-01-2014, 04:47 PM
I think it was the fan in him that spoke those words.

OG LeeTSkeeT
05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
all coulda been avoided but jim buss is a dumbass