PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte reportedly interested in Afflalo and Jameer

Jameerthefear
05-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Coming off their second playoff sweep in as many appearances in their history, the Charlotte Bobcats will certainly look to upgrade their roster as they rebrand themselves as the Hornets for the 2014/15 campaign. And as Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports, two current Orlando Magic players stand "among the Bobcats' trade targets."

Arron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson, the team's usual starting backcourt, could figure into Charlotte's offseason plans because it needs help, Stein says, on the wings and at backup point guard behind Kemba Walker. Bobcats coach Steve Clifford worked with Nelson in Clifford's five seasons on Stan Van Gundy's staff in Orlando.

Afflalo led the Magic with a career-best 18.2 points per game in the 2013/14 season as he became a more versatile offensive player, particularly off the dribble. He finished the season ranked eighth among qualified players in three-point shooting, converting 42.7 percent of his triple tries, and from that standpoint it's easy to understand the Bobcats' reported interest: as a team, Charlotte, shot only 35.1 percent from three-point distance, and only three teams attempted fewer total threes. Charlotte was reportedly interested in acquiring Afflalo at the NBA trade deadline.

Over his last eight seasons, Nelson has started 502 times in 510 appearances, but at 32, it's not difficult to envision him moving to a reserve role, either with Orlando or with a new team like Charlotte. In his most recent campaign, Nelson shot just 39.4 percent from the floor, but did average seven assists per game, leading the Magic and ranking ninth in the league overall.

Orlando can retain Nelson for the 2014/15 season for $8 million or let him become a free agent and owe him only $2 million. A recent report suggested that the Magic are "leaning towards" keeping their all-time assists leader.
http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2014/4/29/5665086/nba-trade-rumors-charlotte-bobcats-arron-afflalo-jameer-nelson-orlando-magic-hornets

Interesting. I don't see what they can give us though. I'd rather keep them then just have, like, one first and bismack biyombo or some shit.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Biyombo > Vucevic

Kakapopo
05-01-2014, 01:59 AM
There's a Magic TEAM thread for a reason anime boy

Jameerthefear
05-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Who the **** are you? Next time watch your tongue before you speak up to one of the legends boy.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 02:02 AM
:roll:

Milbuck
05-01-2014, 02:06 AM
:oldlol: No one wants that washed up, worthless loser Jameer. They want Afflalo.

AnaheimLakers24
05-01-2014, 02:12 AM
:oldlol:

Jameerthefear
05-01-2014, 02:18 AM
:oldlol: No one wants that washed up, worthless loser Jameer. They want Afflalo.
u mad

bluechox2
05-01-2014, 02:22 AM
finally they are on the same page as the rest of the league

el gringos
05-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Who the **** are you? Next time watch your tongue before you speak up to one of the legends boy.
Sad. Self proclaimed legend. Are you and GOBB roommates? How long is your mom going to let you boys stay?

BlazerRed
05-01-2014, 05:34 AM
:lol :applause:

-Lebron23-
05-01-2014, 05:35 AM
You know your team sucks when Charlotte takes your best players :oldlol:

Jameer is terrible but his contract is partially guaranteed though so Charlotte can release him before he even tries to throw up his first brick for them.

I am sure if Kevin Ollie made a comeback he would be more coveted than that fat midget.

HylianNightmare
05-01-2014, 08:39 AM
take afflalo, keep jameer

swagga
05-01-2014, 08:42 AM
jordan mentality: hoard role players past their expiration date when the team needs a STAR player badly.

All Net
05-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Most would want Arron Afflalo

Verticality
05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2014/4/29/5665086/nba-trade-rumors-charlotte-bobcats-arron-afflalo-jameer-nelson-orlando-magic-hornets

Interesting. I don't see what they can give us though. I'd rather keep them then just have, like, one first and bismack biyombo or some shit.

I'm confused. I thought you were a Rockets fan.

rufuspaul
05-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Most would want Arron Afflalo

This. He would work well in Clifford's system.

The Hornets have about $20 million in cap space. Their strategy this summer is to get one Big Al type signing either through FA or trade. The rest will be smaller moves to upgrade positions and add depth. Keep in mind they gotta work out a long term deal with Kemba next year.

DMAVS41
05-01-2014, 09:42 AM
This. He would work well in Clifford's system.

The Hornets have about $20 million in cap space. Their strategy this summer is to get one Big Al type signing either through FA or trade. The rest will be smaller moves to upgrade positions and add depth. Keep in mind they gotta work out a long term deal with Kemba next year.

Afflalo only makes 7.5 a year. If they could somehow get him via trade and didn't take a hit much on the cap...they'd have enough left over to go out and get another really good player.

If this team added Afflalo and a 10 million dollar a year player and filling out the roster a bit...they could be really really freaking good.

rufuspaul
05-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Afflalo only makes 7.5 a year. If they could somehow get him via trade and didn't take a hit much on the cap...they'd have enough left over to go out and get another really good player.

If this team added Afflalo and a 10 million dollar a year player and filling out the roster a bit...they could be really really freaking good.

I'm kinda hoping they sign Chandler Parsons to an offer sheet that Houston will be too strapped to match.

pegasus
05-01-2014, 10:31 AM
You know your team sucks when Charlotte takes your best players :oldlol:

Jameer is terrible but his contract is partially guaranteed though so Charlotte can release him before he even tries to throw up his first brick for them.

I am sure if Kevin Ollie made a comeback he would be more coveted than that fat midget.

Jameer would be better than Ridnour - that's for sure.