PDA

View Full Version : Harden historically bad playoff shooting

UK2K
05-01-2014, 01:52 AM
From shortfuse3 on CF:

Out of the players who have averaged over 25 shots a game, Harden is currently shooting 35%, which makes him on the top 5 list for the worst shooting performance in playoff history. Funnily enough, Westbrook is also having a historically bad playoff series, currently shooting 34% which ranks him as no. 4 on this list.

navy
05-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Presti picks are a bunch of chuckers.

Jameerthefear
05-01-2014, 01:53 AM
Wow. Houston just needs him to play average and they win likely every game.

Big#50
05-01-2014, 01:54 AM
I remember when he was hitting threes with Leonard and Manu hiding in his beard.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-01-2014, 02:27 AM
if Houston somehow wins this series and harden wakes up and stops chucking they will likely OWN the Spurs and maybe even go to the finals.
but i guess its to late

UK2K
05-01-2014, 02:52 AM
I was saying theyre a finals team from the beginning, and I still think they are.

They will win game 6 with the momentum they have, win game 7 at home, then beat the Spurs in 6.

If Harden decides they do... its all on him. Everyone else has done their part.

Milbuck
05-01-2014, 02:55 AM
I climaxed reading this.

Sarcastic
05-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Turns out Harden without the bailout free throws, is not that good of a player. Shocking.

UK2K
05-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Turns out Harden without the bailout free throws, is not that good of a player. Shocking.
What's that make GOATbrook

CelticBaller
05-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Better than Paul Pierce yo

Trollsmasher
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
OKC school of choking:applause:

YouGotServed
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I was saying theyre a finals team from the beginning, and I still think they are.

They will win game 6 with the momentum they have, win game 7 at home, then beat the Spurs in 6.

If Harden decides they do... its all on him. Everyone else has done their part.

:milton

Jailblazers7
05-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Honestly, watching Harden try to play D against the Spurs would be pretty comical.

Element
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Turns out GOATbrook chucking up even more contested jumpshots (ESPECIALLY THREES) is a bad idea

shocking

Element
05-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Honestly, watching Harden try to play D against the Spurs would be pretty comical.

That series would be a highlight reel of all his matchups doing backdoor cuts and getting open threes with Duncan grinning somewhere in the background

dontgetchoked
05-01-2014, 10:54 AM
if you notice, certian posters call westbrook the best pg in the league, but when he plays like this, they're gone. chris paul gets called out on his playoff performances, but damn son, This shit is crazy. people will make excuses for players they like, and say nothing about players that they dont like. westbrook is actually shooting worse than harden, but harden and durant are getting all the backlash. this is because people dont like hardens flopping and his bad defense, and the lebron stans (and soon kobe stans as well) dont like that durant is good enough to possibly give their idol a run in the top player all time list. it must really suck to be a stan, it makes it impossible to enjoy some of the best players in the league.

SCdac
05-01-2014, 12:37 PM
To be fair to Westbrook and KD, Grizzlies are one hell of a defensive team. So scrappy. Don't take a single play off on that end.

Harden seems cut from a different cloth and despite his crafty moves (eurostep, etc) he strikes me as lazy, unmotivated, and in it for himself.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Honestly he just needs to stop shooting so much and Houston could win this series. He's been a net negative.

Le Shaqtus
05-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Wow. Houston just needs him to play average and they win likely every game.

Too bad this is the post season, Harden's gonna shit the bed every game until they're eliminated.

UK2K
05-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Honestly he just needs to stop shooting so much and Houston could win this series. He's been a net negative.
I agree but, but not because hes taking bad shots, hes just missing them. Not to say he hasnt taken bad shots, but most of the shots he has been taking have been shots he hit all season.

I noticed nearly all his 3's in the first few games came up short (didnt really pay attention in game 5), but I heard on the local radio he was seen at hookah bars in Portland the days before the games, which may or may not mean he was staying up late partying.

I think theres a mental edge thats lacking. Its like he doesnt realize that if they lose another game, hes gonna be chillin until Oct. Maybe he just doesnt care? Its like theres no sense of urgency in his game....

Really odd.

Graviton
05-01-2014, 12:50 PM
What's that make GOATbrookDifference is one is playing vs elite defenders like Conley/Allen/Gasol and his MVP teammate is playing even worse. The other somehow finds a way to choke vs average defenders when his Allstar center is dominating.

K Xerxes
05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Awful chucking from both, though at least WB is averaging 10rpg and 7apg a game while playing some defense. Harden is a huge detriment to the team if he's inefficient.

Kidbasketball20
05-01-2014, 01:00 PM
At least Westbrook plays hard all game

Harden will take quarters off when his shot isn't falling, and plays the WORST defense of any "All star" player in the playoffs right now.