05-01-2014, 09:56 AM
The Thunder have two glaring holes.

1. They need a 3 and D shooting guard
2. They need a center
3. Another young piece with upside
4. Bring back Butler. Stabilizing presence for 2nd unit
5. Find an undrafted rookie for 3rd string point guard

Solutions:
1. Trade the Mavs pick #21, Jeremy Lamb, Reggie Williams and Thabo Sefolosha to the Magic for Aaron Afflalo and Doron Lamb

2.a. Sign Anderson Varejao to the MLE if the Cavs don't pick up his $9.75 million option.
2.b.If the Cavs do pick up his option - it's time to trade Westbrook. Trade him to the Wolves with Perkins for Pekovic, Martin and Rubio.

3. Draft Jordan Adams. Move up a few places if need be.

4. Re-sign Caron Butler

5. Sign best undrafted rookie pg. Probably Aaron Craft

Option A:
CT: Varejao/ S. Adams/ Thabeet
PF: Ibaka/ Collison/ Jerrett
SF: Durant/ Butler/ Jones
SG: Afflalo/ J. Adams/ Roberson
PG: Westbrook/ Jackson/ Craft

Option B (don't resign Butler):
CT: Pekovic/ S. Adams/ Thabeet
PF: Ibaka/ Collison/ Jerrett
SF: Durant/ Jones/ Roberson
SG: Afflalo/ Martin/ J. Adams
PG: Rubio/ Jackson/ Craft

DMAVS41
05-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Well, Thabo is a free agent...so you can't trade him.

And the 21st pick and Lamb is too much for Afflalo for 1 year before he can opt out and hit the open market.

The truth is that the Thunder should have moved the Dallas pick, Perry Jones, and Thabo for Afflalo at the trade deadline. That was the move to make and Presti sat on that pick.

No way can he trade that pick and Lamb now...that would be a complete panic move and not a good one.

The Thunder need Lamb and Reggie Jackson for next year. Because they don't have much money to work with.

This team doesn't need many changes on the player side. Thabo and Fisher will be gone for next year....while Lamb and Adams will play a lot more.

I'd like to see them get a veteran sg in somehow, but that is really all they can do at this point unless they find a team willing to take on Perkins as he's finally expiring. Which is possible. The Wizards got back Gortat via a salary dump to start the year and that has been huge...so if they can find a team for Perkins...then they can get a lot better. Maybe the Bucks get frustrated with Larry Sanders and want to get rid of him and would be willing to dump him for the 21st pick and Perkins? Maybe something like Jones, Roberson, Perkins, and the 21st pick for Knight/Sanders...not bad.

The big change for this team needs to come at the coaching spot.

WB/Jackson
Lamb/
Durant/
Ibaka/Collison
Adams/Perk

Meh...go out and get another guard and re-sign Butler cheap or something and get the right coach and they have as good a team as anyone in the league.

KDthunderup
05-01-2014, 10:56 AM
This team has weaknesses personnel wise but so does every team. This team has enough talent to win a championship as it stands. The improvements need to be made tactically and that starts with the coach.

Presti could look to stack the team even more and that may be enough to overcome OKC's poor offensive structure. But if he can't really improve this team personnel wise due to the salary cap then he simply needs to replace Brooks.

ZenMaster
05-01-2014, 11:15 AM
As long as Westbrook is playing point guard the way he is now they'll have trouble in the playoffs against good defensive teams who can also slow the game down.

SHABBA
05-01-2014, 11:19 AM
They really don't need to do much with the roster in terms of trading players. They just need to harness the talent they have with a better coach.

scm5
05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Trade Westbrook+Perkins for Al Jefferson + Kemba

Trade Lamb + 1st round pick for Afflalo because the Thunder want to win now

Resign Thabo to back up Afflalo and Durant

Kemba/Jackson
Afflalo/Thabo
Durant/Thabo
Ibaka/Collison
Jefferson/Adams

D-FENS
05-01-2014, 11:33 AM
^LOL - where's the D?

VengefulAngel
05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
They needed to pick up Mike Miller, but they couldn't give him guaranteed minutes and Memphis could .

Demitri98
05-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Trade Westbrook+Perkins for Al Jefferson + Kemba

Trade Lamb + 1st round pick for Afflalo because the Thunder want to win now

Resign Thabo to back up Afflalo and Durant

Kemba/Jackson
Afflalo/Thabo
Durant/Thabo
Ibaka/Collison
Jefferson/Adams
FFS, why would Charlotte do this? That's their future franchise players for a chucker and a scrub :facepalm

D-FENS
05-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Getting their hands on Rondo and Afflalo would be nice, too.

Monster 3-way:

BOS gets:
-Jeremy Lamb
-Mo Harkless
-ORL 1st round pick 2014

ORL gets:
-Russell Westbrook

OKC gets:
-Rajon Rondo
-Aaron Afflalo

Line-up for ORL
Vucevic, Harris, Harkless, Oladipo, Westbrook

Line-up for OKC:
Perk, Ibaka, Durant, Afflalo, Rondo

wally_world
05-01-2014, 02:08 PM
What are you talkin about, we winnin' the chip, we don't need no fixin'

scm5
05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
FFS, why would Charlotte do this? That's their future franchise players for a chucker and a scrub :facepalm

Westbrook is a legit superstar.

Kemba is gonna be good, but not Westbrook good. Big Al is pushing 30, by the time Kemba develops he's gonna be retiring.

It makes sense to use Big Al to upgrade from Kemba to Westbrook and start building around that.

Lakers Legend#32
05-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Indoor plumbing at the arena.

KirbyPls
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Indoor plumbing at the arena.

:lol

imdaman99
05-01-2014, 03:44 PM
They need more 3 and D guys. Butler plays shitty defense to be considered one of those. Sefolosha hasn't hit a shot in 2 years.

Akrazotile
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM
The Thunder have two glaring holes.

1. They need a 3 and D shooting guard
2. They need a center
3. Another young piece with upside
4. Bring back Butler. Stabilizing presence for 2nd unit
5. Find an undrafted rookie for 3rd string point guard

gts
05-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Yeah he is.. Problem is he's not the biggest star on the team and until he fills/embraces the role as the Thunder's second best they'll find it hard getting back to the finals...

R.I.P.
05-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Fire the coach.

D-FENS
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Eye made it four ewe. It was a test fore Autism. Sorry too bee the bearer off bad knews.

DMAVS41
05-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Getting their hands on Rondo and Afflalo would be nice, too.

Monster 3-way:

Line-up for ORL
Vucevic, Harris, Harkless, Oladipo, Westbrook

Line-up for OKC:
Perk, Ibaka, Durant, Afflalo, Rondo

I love that trade, but wouldn't you just rather get Afflalo and not have to give up Westbrook to do it?

I mean Afflalo is nice, but he's going to opt out of his contract after next year and get paid. Do the Thunder want to give up WB for Rondo straight up? Because that is what could happen if Afflalo fetches a high price...and Rondo expires as well in 2015. And so does Reggie Jackson I believe.

I still think Presti ****ed up by not getting Afflalo this season with that dallas pick and some young assets.

Would the Magic have really said no to the 21st pick, Thabo's expiring contract, Roberson, and Perry Jones? I just can't imagine they would have.

In my opinion, if you are going to trade WB...you do this;

WB/Perkins

Afflalo/Vucevic/Nelson (have the Magic pick up his option)

I'd do that deal. They already have RJ to fill in nicely. Jameer is still very solid. And they just solved their center problem...now with Adams/Vucevic they are loaded. And Afflalo is the perfect fit...

And they still have solid players like Lamb, Jones, and Roberson to fill out the roster.

And they'd have the 21st pick to either keep or move.

I'm pretty sure the numbers work on that deal...and I don't know how the Magic could turn down a superstar and an large expiring contract for two guys they aren't keeping long term in Afflalo and Nelson anyway....and Vucevic. It literally works out to Vucevic for WB because Afflalo is opting out and the Magic likely aren't paying him after next year anyway...and Nelson is irrelevant.

Next year the Thunder look like;

RJ/Nelson
Afflalo/Lamb
Durant/Jones
Ibaka/Collison
Vucevic/Adams

And they'd still have some room I think to add a couple pieces with Thabo and Fish being gone...and the 21st pick and young assets to make another move if need be.

Yea, I'd make that trade over the Rondo/Afflalo one.

salwan
05-01-2014, 04:03 PM
durant needs to improve his post game in the summer and create a legit arsenal out of it.

westbrook could work on his off-ball game.

brooks needs to implement an offensive plan or gtfo..

Demitri98
05-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Kemba is gonna be good, but not Westbrook good. Big Al is pushing 30, by the time Kemba develops he's gonna be retiring.

It makes sense to use Big Al to upgrade from Kemba to Westbrook and start building around that.
And by the time this trade would go down, he gets comfortable in Charlotte, and they actually get some pieces around him, he'll be pushing 30. His game is so much about his athleticism, it just won't work. This isn't 2012 playoffs 23yo WB, this is 25yo WB in the very beginning of his 'prime'.

LONGTIME
05-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Fire the coach.

They should have fired him after they lost in the Finals. That series exposed him.

knicksman
05-01-2014, 09:25 PM
all they need is addition by subtraction.. Just remove the cancer and theyll be back to being number 1 just like when the cancer was injured

knicksman
05-01-2014, 09:27 PM
saying westbrook is a superstar is like saying iverson, marbury, arenas or robertson are when theyre impacts are negative..

DMAVS41
05-01-2014, 09:29 PM
So...anyway....they don't need fixing.

I better coach would help, but like I and others have been saying...they have everything you need.

It's a team built around a superstar in Durant....and if Durant plays well...the Thunder are as good as anyone.

tpols
05-01-2014, 10:12 PM
So...anyway....they don't need fixing.

I better coach would help, but like I and others have been saying...they have everything you need.

It's a team built around a superstar in Durant....and if Durant plays well...the Thunder are as good as anyone.

they need some big men that can pass and a coach that can run an offense that goes inside and out with those big men imo

DMAVS41
05-01-2014, 10:38 PM
they need some big men that can pass and a coach that can run an offense that goes inside and out with those big men imo

This team does not need to play inside out. Although a big man that could pass and play a little offense would be nice.

They could play a little more inside out if Durant added a post game, but I don't see why they would want to play inside out with a center...don't really have the team for that.

There is no problem with this team. If they play well they are as good as anyone.

I'm sure everyone will see this game and shut up for awhile. I'd love to hear from all the people saying the Thunder are fatally flawed after a game like this.

And honestly a series like this. Play like complete shit as a team for 4 straight games and get to OT in each one of them. Then play a quality game and blow out a really good team at home in an elimination game.

This Thunder team is loaded and has everything needed to win titles...

knicksman
05-02-2014, 12:38 AM
This team does not need to play inside out. Although a big man that could pass and play a little offense would be nice.

They could play a little more inside out if Durant added a post game, but I don't see why they would want to play inside out with a center...don't really have the team for that.

There is no problem with this team. If they play well they are as good as anyone.

I'm sure everyone will see this game and shut up for awhile. I'd love to hear from all the people saying the Thunder are fatally flawed after a game like this.

And honestly a series like this. Play like complete shit as a team for 4 straight games and get to OT in each one of them. Then play a quality game and blow out a really good team at home in an elimination game.

This Thunder team is loaded and has everything needed to win titles...

You should have at least 1 pg and a defensive anchor to win. And OKC has none of those.. What they have is the dumbest pg and lots of capable 2nd options which dirk proved to be not important.

nba_55
05-02-2014, 12:39 AM
fixing the games with the help of the refs

DMAVS41
05-02-2014, 12:48 AM
You should have at least 1 pg and a defensive anchor to win. And OKC has none of those.. What they have is the dumbest pg and lots of capable 2nd options which dirk proved to be not important.

I don't know what this has to do with Dirk, but the Thunder are way better than any Dirk team outside of the 03 and 11 rosters...

Ibaka/Collison/Perkins/Adams is hardly a poor defensive front line....and the Thunder already play top 5 or so defense since Harden left.

It's funny how everyone talks about defense and rails against WB...he's probably the best defensive and rebounding guard in the league currently.

I think a better defensive big would certainly help...as would a better player at sg other than Thabo. Those are minor alterations though...this team is just not in need of a big fix.

Until I see them get murked or something by someone...I'll just continue to think this team is as good as anyone really. They lost a tight series to the Mavs in 11, lost in the finals in 12, improved on both ends of the court in 13 until WB got hurt, and have been great again this year...

In fact, we just watched them play like ass as a team for 4 straight games and they still managed to get to OT in all of them against a Grizzlies team about as good as anyone in the league not named the Spurs or heat.

And not only that, Lamb and Adams are two players that address these issues. I'd imagine next year both of those guys will be 25 minutes or more a night players and that will be a noticeable upgrade by the time the playoffs come around.

This team is in need of tweaking...not fixing.

knicksman
05-02-2014, 01:08 AM
I don't know what this has to do with Dirk, but the Thunder are way better than any Dirk team outside of the 03 and 11 rosters...

Ibaka/Collison/Perkins/Adams is hardly a poor defensive front line....and the Thunder already play top 5 or so defense since Harden left.

It's funny how everyone talks about defense and rails against WB...he's probably the best defensive and rebounding guard in the league currently.

I think a better defensive big would certainly help...as would a better player at sg other than Thabo. Those are minor alterations though...this team is just not in need of a big fix.

Until I see them get murked or something by someone...I'll just continue to think this team is as good as anyone really. They lost a tight series to the Mavs in 11, lost in the finals in 12, improved on both ends of the court in 13 until WB got hurt, and have been great again this year...

In fact, we just watched them play like ass as a team for 4 straight games and they still managed to get to OT in all of them against a Grizzlies team about as good as anyone in the league not named the Spurs or heat.

And not only that, Lamb and Adams are two players that address these issues. I'd imagine next year both of those guys will be 25 minutes or more a night players and that will be a noticeable upgrade by the time the playoffs come around.

This team is in need of tweaking...not fixing.

westbrook though is a guard and guards doesnt have much impact on that end while their frontcourt is not on par with other championship teams. And westbrook is just not a bad pg, hes a cancer. A cancer drags your team down. OKC is so much better with him out in the lineup. all they need is to let adams and jackson grow and despite of their age, OKC still looks like the best team

DMAVS41
05-02-2014, 01:19 AM
westbrook though is a guard and guards doesnt have much impact on that end while their frontcourt is not on par with other championship teams. And westbrook is just not a bad pg, hes a cancer. A cancer drags your team down. OKC is so much better with him out in the lineup. all they need is to let adams and jackson grow and despite of their age, OKC still looks like the best team

Agree to disagree.