PDA

View Full Version : Miami has played in more games than anyone over the past 4 years, so stfu

tmacattack33
05-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Just shut up about how easy Miami has it in the East.

If you want to talk about context, how about the fact that Miami has went to the Finals 3 straight years and have played up until June 25th each year, while the average team starts their vacation in the beginning of May?

Miami has played an average of 23 grueling playoff games the past 3 years. Meanwhile, the average team plays in 4 grueling playoff games per year and then gets to go chill in their mansions and watch Miami go at it against OKC/SAS/Indiana/Chicago on TV.

So really, just shut up with your excuses.

Miami fans unite. Fukk the haters. None of them even thinks about things like this. And if you are arguing with someone who doesn't even consider the other side, they are obviously not arguing with.

I'll see you all in June, when I'll be watching Miami on TV from my couch just like the rest of the players from your favorite team :oldlol:

Fudge
05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
OP's getting sensitive.

Relax, an easy road to the Finals isn't even a bad thing.

Trollsmasher
05-01-2014, 11:50 AM
They played more playoff games than OKC and Spurs in 2012 and 2013 respectively and they played the same amount of games as Dallas in 2011:cheers:

rhowen4
05-01-2014, 11:52 AM
lebron is a cerebral player

SpecialQue
05-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Oh boo hoo, the favorites to win it all have played more games because they've had three trips to the finals and won two championships. Yeah, I feel really bad for them.

tmacattack33
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Oh boo hoo, the favorites to win it all have played more games because they've had three trips to the finals and won two championships. Yeah, I feel really bad for them.

No one said to feel bad for them lol.

I said if you're going to talk about context, at least consider the other side of it.

Hoopz2332
05-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Saw this on another board

I love how these threads start off as a "serious" inquiry, only to slowly evolve into another agenda thread.

In Miami's past three Finals trips, below are the number of games each team played prior to the Finals.

Miami: 15 games - 5 game conference finals
Dallas: 15 games - 5 game conference finals

Miami: 18 games - 7 game conference finals
Oklahoma City: 15 games - 6 game conference finals

Miami: 16 games - 7 game conference finals
San Antonio: 14 games - 4 game conference finals

I'm trying to find the logic behind anyone trying to diminish Miami's titles. Each year, they've played the BEST team in the western conference (you know, the teams that basically destroyed all those other western conference powerhouses). In none of those years did they play more games than their opponent. What advantage did Miami have in winning their championships? There is literally nothing that can be said.

...oh, but the one year it's looking like Miami might make the Finals with less games played than their opponent, NOW it becomes an issue?

Young X
05-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Why does everything have to be "hate" nowadays?

Miami is playing in a historically weak conference and they have it extremely easy compared to the teams in the west playing teams just as tough as they are every round. It's not fair that Miami can face 38-45 win type teams, while OKC or Houston have to face 55+ win type teams just to pass the 1st round.

If they played in that bloodbath out west they'd have it MUCH harder and possibly might not even make the finals. Just the truth.

Heavincent
05-01-2014, 12:15 PM
First of all, the OP is just another Lebron dick rider, so I don't know why he's going on with all of this "Miami fans unite!" stuff. When Lebron leaves, you won't give the slightest **** about the Heat. Spare me the team cheerleader act.

Secondly, nobody's blaming the Heat for having a ridiculously easy road to the Finals, but it's just not fun for basketball fans. There will be no compelling series in the East. The West is just much more exciting and competitive with better teams top to bottom. What annoys people is that some Heat "fans" try to deny it. "No dude, the East is just as good! The defense is so stifling!" :facepalm Hell, I saw people in another thread claiming the Wizards would beat any western team :roll: They wouldn't have even come close to making the playoffs if they were in the west.

Just look at the ****ing standings. There is no other side. Heat have a much easier road and will face far inferior competition. It's just a fact. Hell, the Mavs and Grizzlies are much better than anyone the Heat will face.

Droid101
05-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Woah woah, hold the phone.

Are you telling me, that the further a team goes in the playoffs, the more games it tends to play?

I... I don't know what to do with this news. Truly I'm flabbergasted.

oh the horror
05-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Why does everything have to be "hate" nowadays?

Miami is playing in a historically weak conference and they have it extremely easy compared to the teams in the west playing teams just as tough as they are every round. It's not fair that Miami can face 38-45 win type teams, while OKC or Houston have to face 55+ win type teams just to pass the 1st round.

If they played in that bloodbath out west they'd have it MUCH harder and possibly might not even make the finals. Just the truth.

Because people simply don't want to accept it.

It's not a bad thing. It just is what it is. But to be in denial about it, especially this year where the east is the weakest I've seen in a long time well, again it is what it is.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Because people simply don't want to accept it.

It's not a bad thing. It just is what it is. But to be in denial about it, especially this year where the east is the weakest I've seen in a long time well, again it is what it is.
It's hilarious, actually. To me anyways. :oldlol:

Let's just sit back and watch these fools try and go deeper and deeper about how difficult it is playing in the East.

RagaZ
05-01-2014, 12:27 PM
OP = Gloryhunter.

KirbyPls
05-01-2014, 12:28 PM
So did the Showtime Lakers, but no one ever talks about how east their 80s Western Conference was.

TMT
05-01-2014, 12:29 PM

Are you telling me, that the further a team goes in the playoffs, the more games it tends to play?

:roll:

and apparently they are deserving of the dead awful conference they play in because of it.

tmacattack33
05-01-2014, 12:30 PM

As was I when i saw so many people talking about the easy East without one of them mentioning this fact.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-01-2014, 12:31 PM
OP's getting sensitive.

Relax, an easy road to the Finals isn't even a bad thing.
certainly better than getting decked in the first round
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Solefade
05-01-2014, 12:31 PM
:roll:

and apparently they are deserving of the dead awful conference they play in because of it.

look at this spurs fan talking about a weak conference when the west was a joke last year

TMT
05-01-2014, 12:34 PM
look at this spurs fan talking about a weak conference when the west was a joke last year

Coming from someone who watched zero of said games.
You're telling me that Bobcats, Raptors, Wizards/Hawks is a tougher road? :lol

Heat fans need to stop deflecting and just realize and accept that you were dealt an amazing hand in terms of this three-round bye you are facing this year.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
:roll: :roll:

LeBron stans are somefin else.

Solefade
05-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Coming from someone who watched zero of said games.
You're telling me that Bobcats, Raptors, Wizards/Hawks is a tougher road? :lol

Heat fans need to stop deflecting and just realize and accept that you were dealt an amazing hand in terms of this three-round bye you are facing this year.

:biggums:

you know you lost an argument when you start mentioning how others don't watch any games and i'm not talking about this year, i'm talking about last year.

try to stay on topic kid

2 sweeps and one 6 game series to get to the finals but okay :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TMT
05-01-2014, 12:39 PM

you know you lost an argument when you start mentioning how others don't watch any games.

2 sweeps and one 6 game series to get to the finals but okay :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We both know you didn't watch the Spurs up until the Finals, so why are you acting like you did? :lol

The sweeps were more showing our dominance rather than poor competition (specifically the Grizzlies series, anyone could have swept the Lakers but that's what you get when you're a 1 seed). The Warriors posed as much, possibly even more of a threat than the Mavs how showed us this year. Anyone who watched knows they could have taken the series. Stop looking at the raw numbers and look at the substance. Your basketball knowledge is looking shallow as hell right now.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 12:41 PM
We both know you didn't watch the Spurs up until the Finals, so why are you acting like you did? :lol
Dude, they don't watch teams in the playoffs unless it's the Thunder or Heat. We all know this.

TMT
05-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Dude, they don't watch teams in the playoffs unless it's the Thunder or Heat. We all know this.

Which is why I'm stunned he's acting like an avid analyzer of last year's Spurs postseason run. :lol Didn't watch any games, b-b-b-but 4-6-4! It was easy!

:oldlol:

imdaman99
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Here is what you 'Heat fans' / branstans don't understand.

Yes the Heat have played the most games. But that is because they btch around and can afford to btch around playing far inferior teams. Even if they lose the first game of a series, are they ever in danger of losing? Maybe Chicago of 2011 was the last time any Heat fan was worried. Even down 3-2 to the Celtics in 2012, they were down to a FAR inferior team. Did they need to struggle against far inferior teams? No, but they could get away with it because all they had to do was turn it on and they would win.

That's the difference with the East and West. The Spurs can't afford to dick around and throw away a few games a series and still turn it on and win. They lost to OKC in 2012. OKC couldn't afford to blow a couple games, hell not even in the 1st round this year. The West teams are that good, Memphis would have 'upset' a few teams with better records in the playoffs.

The Heat have the easiest road to the Finals. Deal with it. Leave the agenda for Bran vs Durant threads.

Solefade
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM

The sweeps were more showing our dominance rather than poor competition (specifically the Grizzlies series, anyone could have swept the Lakers but that's what you get when you're a 1 seed). The Warriors posed as much, possibly even more of a threat than the Mavs how showed us this year. Anyone who watched knows they could have taken the series. Stop looking at the raw numbers and look at the substance. Your basketball knowledge is looking shallow as hell right now.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

so packing the paint and forcing jarryd bayless and tony allen to shoot 3's is total dominance right? go ahead and keep downplaying your weak ass road to the finals you hypocrite :oldlol: :oldlol: the only reason why memphis was there was because they mopped on westbrookless thunder team and obviously KD just can't handle the physicality of the grizzlies. Heat would sweep the grizzlies or win in 5 also quit being so dense

you defending the road to the west and then having the nerve to call out Heat's road to the finals makes you look SO dumb

TMT
05-01-2014, 12:54 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

so packing the paint and forcing jarryd bayless and tony allen to shoot 3's is total dominance right? go ahead and keep downplaying your weak ass road to the finals you hypocrite :oldlol: :oldlol: the only reason why memphis was there was because they mopped on westbrookless thunder team and obviously KD just can't handle the physicality of the grizzlies. Heat would sweep the grizzlies or win in 5 also quit being so dense

you defending the road to the west and then having the nerve to call out Heat's road to the finals makes you look SO dumb

You are making yourself look like a fool. Once again you didn't watch any of these series and you are pulling random scenarios out of your ass. Of course you believe your team with zero frontcourt would sweep the Grizz; further showing you know nothing about the game of basketball. Every game of that Grizzlies series was close, and a couple went to overtime. Stfu.

You want to talk about injuries helping opposing teams advance in the playoffs? :oldlol: Heat have had so much more of that than any team I've ever witnessed it's incredible. Don't even get me started.

Solefade
05-01-2014, 01:01 PM
You are making yourself look like a fool. Once again you didn't watch any of these series and you are pulling random scenarios out of your ass. Of course you believe your team with zero frontcourt would sweep the Grizz; further showing you know nothing about the game of basketball. Every game of that Grizzlies series was close, and a couple went to overtime. Stfu.

You want to talk about injuries helping opposing teams advance in the playoffs? :oldlol: Heat have had so much more of that than any team I've ever witnessed it's incredible. Don't even get me started.

:biggums: if you honestly believe last year's memphis team was better than 2013 indiana pacers then why are we even arguing? you're insinuating that memphis would have beaten the heat or something. yes heat struggle with bigs inside but the teams that really get us are the teams that have bigs inside along with perimeter scoring as well and clearly memphis does not.

what injuries in the east are you talking about besides d.wade and d. rose? you gonna act like the heat are really scared of the bulls? :oldlol:

DaSeba5
05-01-2014, 01:03 PM
As a Heat fan I know the competition is weak this year, but it's not my "denial" that's the problem, it's the 1000 threads a day about it. We get it, Miami plays in a weak conference. Why do I have to keep reading about it?

sportjames23
05-01-2014, 01:09 PM
OP = Gloryholer.

:pimp:

Fudge
05-01-2014, 01:14 PM
As a Heat fan I know the competition is weak this year, but it's not my "denial" that's the problem, it's the 1000 threads a day about it. We get it, Miami plays in a weak conference. Why do I have to keep reading about it?
Because the rest of your cult is in denial.

AnaheimLakers24
05-01-2014, 01:22 PM
:lol what ahomo

cheat fnabase right now - :lebroncry: "take us serious"

PJR
05-01-2014, 01:23 PM
When you hate something so much, you will use any and every thing to help confirm your bias that the thing you hate is the worst thing ever. Logic, reason, and perspective will go out the window.

A certain contingent fans hate seeing LeBron and the Heat win, so they will use anything to downgrade or belittle their success.

None of these dudes truly care that the Eastern Conference is 'weak'. They just care because they don't want Miami to win. Did anybody care about how 'weak' the East was when the Pistons ran thru the East in 2003-04? Nah. Because they weren't a polarizing team on the verge of a dynasty.

It's one thing after another with Heat haters. Eventually though, they will hit the acceptance stage.

AnaheimLakers24
05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
^ lol fgt

TMT
05-01-2014, 01:26 PM
:biggums: if you honestly believe last year's memphis team was better than 2013 indiana pacers then why are we even arguing? you're insinuating that memphis would have beaten the heat or something. yes heat struggle with bigs inside but the teams that really get us are the teams that have bigs inside along with perimeter scoring as well and clearly memphis does not.

what injuries in the east are you talking about besides d.wade and d. rose? you gonna act like the heat are really scared of the bulls? :oldlol:

:facepalm Who the hell said 14 Grizzlies > 13 Pacers?
Your acting like Memphis is garbage yet with the sole inclusion of Mike Miller and a Bayless/Lee swap they are about to knock off the Thunder, who actually have bigs to counter their bigs defensively. :confusedshrug: Saying Miami would have zero problems with them is an absolute joke.

There you go with the deflections. Typical Heat stan. Easy to talk shit and say none of them posed a threat to the Heat when those series never even had the opportunity to happen because of these fortunate injuries for the Heat.

Deflect our weak schedule, deflect our lack of competition, deflect serious injuries that made things easier for us. You are pathetic.

AnaheimLakers24
05-01-2014, 01:27 PM
:lebroncry:

Solefade
05-01-2014, 01:32 PM
:facepalm Who the hell said 14 Grizzlies > 13 Pacers?
Your acting like Memphis is garbage yet with the sole inclusion of Mike Miller and a Bayless/Lee swap they are about to knock off the Thunder, who actually have bigs to counter their bigs defensively. :confusedshrug: Saying Miami would have zero problems with them is an absolute joke.

There you go with the deflections. Typical Heat stan. Easy to talk shit and say none of them posed a threat to the Heat when those series never even had the opportunity to happen because of these fortunate injuries for the Heat.

Deflect our weak schedule, deflect our lack of competition, deflect serious injuries that made things easier for us. You are pathetic.

what are you talking about? who hell mentioned anything abotu 14 grizzlies in any post? i'm comparing 13 grizzlies to 13 pacers and you go on and sidetrack :biggums:

as many have pointed out in the other thread i'm just wasting my time arguing with you and your retarded logic

PJR
^ lol fgt

What time does your shift at In N Out start? Floors need mopped.

chazzy
Miami fans unite.
Lmao shutup

TMT
05-01-2014, 01:40 PM
what are you talking about? who hell mentioned anything abotu 14 grizzlies in any post? i'm comparing 13 grizzlies to 13 pacers and you go on and sidetrack :biggums:

as many have pointed out in the other thread i'm just wasting my time arguing with you and your retarded logic

Why are you comparing two teams from last year? At no point in this argument did this become Heats 13 path vs. Spurs 13 path, I'm talking about the three round bye your team has and for no apparent reason you dragged in the Spurs much more challenging path last year. You're the one who is bouncing around and can't stick to the subject. :oldlol:

"Waste of my time" he says after being in this conversation for an hour. :oldlol: You're pathetic and predictable.

ImKobe
05-01-2014, 01:41 PM
No.

Solefade
05-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Why are you comparing two teams from last year? At no point in this argument did this become Heats 13 path vs. Spurs 13 path, I'm talking about the three round bye your team has and for no apparent reason you dragged in the Spurs much more challenging path last year. You're the one who is bouncing around and can't stick to the subject. :oldlol:

"Waste of my time" he says after being in this conversation for an hour. :oldlol: You're pathetic and predictable.

go back and read the convo :facepalm you partook in the argument and then changed it up as soon as you got owned :oldlol: :oldlol:

DaSeba5
05-01-2014, 01:46 PM
When you hate something so much, you will use any and every thing to help confirm your bias that the thing you hate is the worst thing ever. Logic, reason, and perspective will go out the window.

A certain contingent fans hate seeing the LeBron and Heat win, so they will use anything to downgrade or belittle their success.

None of these dudes truly care that the Eastern Conference is 'weak'. They just care because they don't want Miami to win. Did anybody care about how 'weak' the East was when the Pistons ran thru the East in 2003-04? Nah. Because they weren't a polarizing team on the verge of a dynasty.

It's one thing after another with Heat haters. Eventually though, they will hit the acceptance stage.

This

Relinquish
05-01-2014, 01:47 PM
First of all, the OP is just another Lebron dick rider, so I don't know why he's going on with all of this "Miami fans unite!" stuff. When Lebron leaves, you won't give the slightest **** about the Heat. Spare me the team cheerleader act.

Secondly, nobody's blaming the Heat for having a ridiculously easy road to the Finals, but it's just not fun for basketball fans. There will be no compelling series in the East. The West is just much more exciting and competitive with better teams top to bottom. What annoys people is that some Heat "fans" try to deny it. "No dude, the East is just as good! The defense is so stifling!" :facepalm Hell, I saw people in another thread claiming the Wizards would beat any western team :roll: They wouldn't have even come close to making the playoffs if they were in the west.

Just look at the ****ing standings. There is no other side. Heat have a much easier road and will face far inferior competition. It's just a fact. Hell, the Mavs and Grizzlies are much better than anyone the Heat will face.

The Warriors and Nets still suck though. Is that why you are so salty? :lol

Just2McFly
05-01-2014, 01:49 PM
TMT, I've been too harsh...like I dont even know what team heavenicent or whatever that lame ass jet fan's name is roots for. I swear the guy is just Anti-Lebron.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
go back and read the convo :facepalm you partook in the argument and then changed it up as soon as you got owned :oldlol: :oldlol:
I wish I got owned in an argument.

Just2McFly
05-01-2014, 01:51 PM
surpised fudge is still posting.... if okc loses and then the heat win the chip dude is gonna be mia:oldlol:

Pointguard
05-01-2014, 02:02 PM
There is always an angle for haters. The Heat haven't had much time off and were really off their game as the season ended - unlike the 27 game win streak last year. What I find amazing about Miami is that they played kind of different each playoff year. To me it wasn't the same continuity of the other three-peat teams. They adjust more than other teams and have a different set of strengths/weaknesses every year - sometimes series to series. Their third and fourth best players are unknowns from series to series. Even Wade's play is unpredictable. They are in an amazing run.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 02:02 PM
surpised fudge is still posting.... if okc loses and then the heat win the chip dude is gonna be mia:oldlol:
I've been calling out Durant and OKC for a minute now. :oldlol: I ain't going anywhere, buddy.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-01-2014, 02:04 PM
There is always an angle for haters. The Heat haven't had much time off and were really off their game as the season ended - unlike the 27 game win streak last year. What I find amazing about Miami is that they played kind of different each playoff year. To me it wasn't the same continuity of the other three-peat teams. They adjust more than other teams and have a different set of strengths/weaknesses every year - sometimes series to series. Their third and fourth best players are unknowns from series to series. Even Wade's play is unpredictable. They are in an amazing run.

True. But is it NOT a fact, the West, top-to-bottom, is superior?

20Four
05-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Wassup with errrbody having silks avy? Are yall Ph^ggots yall have to follow him? That's kind of fruity if you ask me... :roll: :roll:

r15mohd
05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Wassup with errrbody having silks avy? Are yall Ph^ggots yall have to follow him? That's kind of fruity if you ask me... :roll: :roll:

to label it as fruity only means you have questions regarding your own sexuality...do you? :coleman:

Fudge
05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
to label it as fruity only means you have questions regarding your own sexuality...do you? :coleman:
You beta like them too, bro?

TMT
05-01-2014, 02:18 PM

:whatever:

Got owned? That's cute. But you bounce around in an argument more than a tennis ball at Wimbledon. Still you've proved nothing at all, and my original statement still prevails over whatever flip flop point you were trying to make.

Heat's path to the Finals this year is going to easily be the easiest for a contender since the current playoff format was set. For some reason you brought in my team, and decided to mention the 13 Pacers. :confusedshrug: But you go ahead and continue going in circles, and let the big boys who know what they are talking about stick with the basketball discussion.

imdaman99
05-01-2014, 02:23 PM
SO let me get this straight. The Heat will beat 1 really good team if they win it all, and that will be in the Finals?

While the West winner will have to win 3, possibly 4 depending on the first round matchup?

Heat fans/ branstans :biggums:

tmacattack33
05-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Here is what you 'Heat fans' / branstans don't understand.

Yes the Heat have played the most games. But that is because they btch around and can afford to btch around playing far inferior teams. Even if they lose the first game of a series, are they ever in danger of losing? Maybe Chicago of 2011 was the last time any Heat fan was worried. Even down 3-2 to the Celtics in 2012, they were down to a FAR inferior team. Did they need to struggle against far inferior teams? No, but they could get away with it because all they had to do was turn it on and they would win.

That's the difference with the East and West. The Spurs can't afford to dick around and throw away a few games a series and still turn it on and win. They lost to OKC in 2012. OKC couldn't afford to blow a couple games, hell not even in the 1st round this year. The West teams are that good, Memphis would have 'upset' a few teams with better records in the playoffs.

The Heat have the easiest road to the Finals. Deal with it. Leave the agenda for Bran vs Durant threads.

No, it is because they have gotten further in the playoffs than any one else in the past three years.

imdaman99
05-01-2014, 02:31 PM

No, it is because they have gotten further in the playoffs than any one else in the past three years.
Well yeah, that part is obvious :biggums:
Do you need me to repeat what 35 other ppl have posted in this thread already? :hammerhead:

They go further, they dick around with inferior teams (Celtics/Pacers). What other reasoning do you need?

Solefade
05-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Do you need me to repeat what 35 other ppl have posted in this thread already? :hammerhead:

They go further, they dick around with inferior teams (Celtics/Pacers). What other reasoning do you need?

don't people argue that the west is tougher and teams are better so they play more games so they get more tired by the time when they get to the finals?

with that logic, the heat are playing more 6-7 game series than any team in the past 2 years meaning they've had the tougher roads :confusedshrug:

tmacattack33
05-01-2014, 02:45 PM

No, the reason that Miami has played 20 plus playoff games per year and don't go back to their mansions before any one else is solely due to them getting further in the playoffs than every one else.

The extra one or two games each year that you are talking about that are due to them "fukkin around" has nothing to do with that.

Pointguard
05-01-2014, 03:31 PM
True. But is it NOT a fact, the West, top-to-bottom, is superior?
But that wasn't really a factor in how the playoffs played out at all. Both WC champions didn't have a hard time getting out of the West at all. OKC and SA coasted out of their conference. We can only say that they (OKC and SA), were much better than their comp in the playoffs until they met Miami. Everything else is guess work.

Their road to the finals was in fact easier as their comp, in the playoffs, was never competitive with them. The playoffs is a slightly different game where you don't get as many easy baskets. I will readily say in the regular season the WC teams were superior to the EC teams. But in the playoffs its harder to gauge. The EC plays a grind all year and might be more playoff ready than the WC. Miami could possibly have swept out West.

But last year the Heat played Indiana and Chicago. The best and 6th best defensive teams in the league. Miami got beat up and were not ready for the high offense of SA. Lost 4 games before beating SA and faced elimination once. The Heat had a harder time.

SA played Memphis and Golden State. Memphis was the 2nd best defense but were destroyed by SA. Golden State had no experience. Won a couple of games but wasn't a threat. Only lost 2 games before they played Miami. And Miami looked far worse than they did in any series in their two year run in that series.

Heat played Boston and Indiana.
Lost six games before beating OKC.

OKC played Dallas, Lakers, SA. And only lost three games before losing to Miami.

Its not discussed much here but Miami was running on two or three cylinders in their five cylinder engine when they beat SA. And it wasn't SA's defense, more than likely the it was the EC beat down. Miami was barely doing anything right or at a high level in that series. Not one player was on their game. Their sets were horrible. Unforced turnovers galore. Height disadvantage exploited.

SA had guys breaking three point records, Gary Neal, Kawhil, and Danny Green were having the shooting series of their careers. Duncan had his best series in that run. And Miami still beats them. So superior competition didn't really come into play the last two years.

imdaman99
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
don't people argue that the west is tougher and teams are better so they play more games so they get more tired by the time when they get to the finals?

with that logic, the heat are playing more 6-7 game series than any team in the past 2 years meaning they've had the tougher roads :confusedshrug:
Like I said, just because you goof around for 5-6 games and not beating inferior teams DOES NOT mean it is a harder road.

It's the equivalent of me playing 1 on 1 with my younger bro who I am clearly better than, make a game of the 1 on 1s because I am not taking the game seriously. And then when he takes the lead at 19-16, I turn it on and score the last 5 points of the game to win it. The game was never really in doubt. Is that the tougher road than me beating a guy who has the same talent as me, plays just as hard as me who I competed hard against the whole game? Are you getting what I'm saying? What was more grueling? Playing hard on the last 5 points of my game against a scrub, or giving maximum effort to defeat someone who is just as good as me by the score of 21-16?

20Four
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM

Fvcking idiot.....just sign off and die...

WTF is up with errbody putting SILKS avy? Yalll fvcking ph^ggots?

SsKSpurs21
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Its not Miami's fault that the east is weak. Charlotte, then Toronto, then maybe wizards lol.

Their championship is not going to be worth any less because they played weak teams.

I would take it every year. who cares if they had an easy road as long as they get there.

I wish the Spurs were fortunate enough to have this route.