PDA

View Full Version : Lakers approach Bulls to interview Thibs

BlackWhiteGreen
05-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Dave McMenaminVerified account
‏@mcten
The Lakers plan to reach out to the Chicago Bulls for permission to interview Tom Thibodeau, a league source tells http://ESPNLosAngeles.com

Rubio2Gasol
05-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Damn.

RagaZ
05-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Judas.

Levity
05-01-2014, 02:52 PM
bulls say no?

however, it would be interesting to see what thibs can do for wes johnson or bazemore defensively. but hed puke at the thought of the rest of the lakers roster.

Fudge
05-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Oh shit.

Nah, Thibs ain't leaving the Bulls. They'll be contenders next season while L.A is...rebuilding?

16X
05-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Sweet.

IncarceratedBob
05-01-2014, 02:59 PM
It's sad how much the Lakers have fallen. They're begging for permission to interview another teams coach..how sad.

dazzer87
05-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Why would he leave a playoff team to join an lottery team??? :facepalm

Rubio2Gasol
05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
It's sad how much the Lakers have fallen. They're begging for permission to interview another teams coach..how sad.

Isn't that a legal requirement :coleman:

lakerspng
05-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Thibs would be my first choice. I love his old school, hard nosed, no bs, passion for the game. could not imagine Pau at this stage in his career and defensive weakness working out well with him. We got the wrong Gasol for that coach.

russwest0
05-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Kobe's knees would be ****ed with Thibs running shit

Cold soul
Thibs would be terrific pickup but I highly doubt he leaves Chicago for the Lakers.

DukeDelonte13
Extreme emphasis on D with Brown.... followed by his antithesis in D'Antoni, Followed by another defense first coach in Thibs. :oldlol:

D-Rose
05-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Would be the 100% absolute grand slam hire. Doubt it happens though.

Thibs could get Melo to follow...

gts
05-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Could be smoke and mirrors from El Segundo...

Could be a way of making Melo rethinking a possible move to Chicago...

The only answer for the Bulls is no...

-Lebron23-
05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Delusional Lakers acting like they still run things in basketball :oldlol:

Seriously though, if they are to put together a team with promising young talent they might prefer a coach that puts more emphasis on player development instead of one that will keep his trusted players, most likely veterans, on the court till exhaustion.

I am sure Kobe is pushing for this as he has a lot of respect for Thibs but doubt Kupchak has given it serious thought.

DuMa
05-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Thibs declines because he needs everyone to play defense... not just to cover up Kobe's defense

Heavincent
05-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Thibs declines because he needs everyone to play defense... not just to cover up Kobe's defense

lol duma you're such a ****ing retard. You know Thibs had Carlos Boozer on his team, right? You know, a much worse defender than Kobe. Rose wasn't that good either.

oh the horror
05-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Isn't this coach a bit suspect with the minutes he plays players?

Do lakers fans wanna do that?

Trollsmasher
05-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Inb4 Kobe plays 44 mpg

uber
05-01-2014, 03:22 PM
lol duma you're such a ****ing retard. You know Thibs had Carlos Boozer on his team, right? You know, a much worse defender than Kobe. Rose wasn't that good either.

But Boozer is the ONLY one who he has to cover up at defense. Tell me what good defenders does the Lakers have right now?

Solefade
05-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Kobe's knees would be ****ed with Thibs running shit

time to start thinking about the future buddy kobe's ego has no place on a championship team any more

gts
05-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Isn't this coach a bit suspect with the minutes he plays players?

Do lakers fans wanna do that?

Not really... But then I don't think the Lakers are either... I think this is a bit of gamesmanship out of LA...

I think there's going to be some surprises in the coaching ranks this summer.. Last summer was crazy, some solid coaches released, what was it 14 teams hired new coaches? there's going to be some realignment as teams that were afraid to make move last summer with all the craziness will make it this summer

GimmeThat
05-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I'd be curious to see about his whole staff.

Not just Thibs, but also what other coaches he intends to bring on board.
not familiar with his current coaching roster, and not sure if he would even be able to convince all of them to move ship.

dontgetchoked
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
But Boozer is the ONLY one who he has to cover up at defense. Tell me what good defenders does the Lakers have right now?
we have dunleavy and dj augustine. also nate last year.

Sarcastic
05-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Lakers willing to give up their top 6 pick for him? Probably what the Bulls would ask for to let him out of the contract.

Upgrayedd
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
No. Thibs is a Bull. He's not going anywhere. Even though I was disappointed with him in the playoffs for not playing a lot of guys on the bench. He needs to be talked to about that. He can't play these guys so much. He's got to play the bench. But he's easily the best coach the Bulls have had since Phil Jackson. No way do the Bulls let him go.

Edit: If the Lakers have a top 5 pick in the draft and gave it to the Bulls, I'd think about it.

Dengness9
05-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Thibs for Lakers 1st rounder is actually enticing but I can't let my disappointment for Thibs refusal to make adjustments and not use his bench for one playoff run that was going nowhere anyway, to sway me to trading such a great coach.

Dengness9
05-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Lakers can have him, dude burns everyone of his players out in the regular season. I don't like Noah at all, but it's clear playing 40 minutes a game wore his soft ass by preseason time.

Thibs can't see the forrest through the trees, knowing how to slowly gear his players up for the players. It's a process. He only has one gear, which is why they kick ass in the regular season when no one is trying, but fail miserably in the playoffs all the time. Classic overachievers.

If we don't get Melo, what's the point in Thibs staying? We still don't have enough talent to even beat the rising Bullets, or stagnant declining Pacers ... let alone the Heat. Kobe, and LA can have him.

I see where youre coming from. But lets be real.....Thibs has gone 3 post seasons in a row without a franchise player.....I want to give the guy at least one more chance after the Bulls hopefully retool in a MAJOR WAY this summer.

SamuraiSWISH
Lakers can have him, dude burns everyone of his players out in the regular season. I don't like Noah at all, but it's clear playing 40 minutes a game wore his soft ass out by post season time.

A winded Nene was KILLING him.

Thibs can't see the forrest through the trees, knowing how to slowly gear his players up for the players. It's a process. He only has one gear, which is why they kick ass in the regular season when no one is trying, but fail miserably in the playoffs all the time. Classic overachievers.

If we don't get Melo, what's the point in Thibs staying? We still don't have enough talent to even beat the rising Bullets, or stagnant declining Pacers ... let alone the Heat. Kobe, and LA can have him.

Jameerthefear
LOL Will the city of LA embarrass themselves any further? If Thibs goes to LA I will eat my hat.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Why would he leave a playoff team to join an lottery team??? :facepalm

to be fair... its the lakers... and theyre the bulls

jim buss gave himself a 3 year window to turn the team into a contender again. or he loses all decision making with the team.. are you gonna try and tell me he wont give a bit more effort and money towards the rebuilding effort now that his life is basically on the line.

jeanie has his balls on the chopping block

that and the bulls are about to lose boozer for nothing. rose's career is up in the air. theyre penny pinching and giving away guys like deng for nothing. chicago is in reverse.. lakers are atleast trying to get better

Upgrayedd
05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Lakers can have him, dude burns everyone of his players out in the regular season. I don't like Noah at all, but it's clear playing 40 minutes a game wore his soft ass out by post season time.

How can you call yourself a Bulls fan and not like Noah? :facepalm

20Four
05-01-2014, 04:40 PM
LOL Will the city of LA embarrass themselves any further? If Thibs goes to LA I will eat my hat.
Thats the only thing you have to eat....lol

SamuraiSWISH
05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
How can you call yourself a Bulls fan and not like Noah? :facepalm
Because the Bulls existed long before Joakim Noah? Or did you not know that?

Or are we really going to act like true mindless homers and suggest because a player plays on my favorite team ... I have to like them?

Check this out, John Starks played for the Bulls to end his career at one point. Did I have to like him too? Don't be so childish, and naive.

I've hated Noah since college. He's annoying, fake tough guy, pure hustle dork. Ugly game. He's not worth the paycheck he receives, and he's overrated.

COnDEMnED
05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Apparently you will eat anything. Chubby chubs..

coin24
05-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Knew you couldn't resist posting in a lakers thread:oldlol:
Lakers back on top, magic forever suck. Stay upset little bitch:cheers:

Mr. Jabbar
05-01-2014, 06:40 PM
its awesome cause every fkn coach is an improvement :banana: :banana:

pringles :bowdown: :bowdown:

-Lebron23-
05-01-2014, 06:51 PM
its awesome cause every fkn coach is an improvement :banana: :banana:

pringles :bowdown: :bowdown:
Hold back your excitement, you could also end up with Mike Woodson :lol

poido123
05-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Or are we really going to act like true mindless homers and suggest because a player plays on my favorite team ... I have to like them?

Check this out, John Starks played for the Bulls to end his career at one point. Did I have to like him too? Don't be so childish, and naive.

I've hated Noah since college. He's annoying, fake tough guy, pure hustle dork. Ugly game. He's not worth the paycheck he receives, and he's overrated.

I get that you don't have to like certain players on your team, but saying Noah is purely a hustle dork and not worth his paycheck is going a bit far swish.

Noah is a top 3 centre in the league, just won defensive player of the year, but your saying his game is ugly and not worth the paycheck? Hmm.

imnew09
05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I want Lionel or SVG. Fk the rest...

longtime lurker
05-01-2014, 07:31 PM

:rolleyes: we all know how good you are when it comes to honoring bets.....

Anyways Bulls would be crazy to let Thibs go. But he is exactly the kind of coach that the Lakers need. Sign Thibs and trade for Asik would be an amazing start to the offseason.

Phantom_Blue
05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Listening to Thibs in interviews, it would be totally out of character for him to leave the Bulls.

He built a culture there, molded several of their key players, I would think he'd want at least one more run with Derrick Rose and the growth of Noah, Gibson and Butler. Not to mention he won't be forced to play Boozer anymore.

He demands a lot from his players, he would not leave them high and dry if the core is still intact. They would pretty much have to force him out.

SamuraiSWISH
05-01-2014, 07:41 PM
I get that you don't have to like certain players on your team, but saying Noah is purely a hustle dork and not worth his paycheck is going a bit far swish.
I truly feel he is overrated.

Noah is a top 3 centre in the league, just won defensive player of the year, but your saying his game is ugly and not worth the paycheck? Hmm.
Yes, congrats on winning DPOY. Yes, his game is sloppy and ugly as hell.

He's a top three center in the league due to context. If I were to go participate in the special olympics, I'd be a gold medalist more than Phelps.

See?

Noah got his fudge pushed in by Nene in the playoffs where it mattered, now didn't he? We had a comparable version of him in Tyson Chandler we gave away for free, when we could've traded one of those guys for critical talent.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
tell me what players the lakers even have right now.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Thibs for Lakers 1st rounder is actually enticing but I can't let my disappointment for Thibs refusal to make adjustments and not use his bench for one playoff run that was going nowhere anyway, to sway me to trading such a great coach.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

He's a top three center in the league due to context. If I were to go participate in the special olympics, I'd be a gold medalist more than Phelps.

See?

Noah got his fudge pushed in by Nene in the playoffs where it mattered, now didn't he? We had a comparable version of him in Tyson Chandler we gave away for free, when we could've traded one of those guys for critical talent.
:lol

TheMan
05-01-2014, 10:53 PM

:biggums:

we'll agree to disagree

97 bulls
05-02-2014, 12:01 AM

Wow. The man gives 110% evry night and you call him a "hustle dork"?

And how is he a fake tough guy? He's not a thug or an enforcer or is the type of player thats gonna commit a dirty play. He just plays hard. He hustles, rebounds, plays defense. Hes the heart and soul of the Bulls.

Scoring isnt the only way to assess a players impact on a game.

TheMarkMadsen
05-02-2014, 12:08 AM
I've never met a bulls fan who didnt like Noah.

I mean how can you not love this dude if he's on your team?

I've never not liked a good player on my team.

Would love Noah as a Laker

97 bulls
05-02-2014, 12:23 AM
I've never met a bulls fan who didnt like Noah.

I mean how can you not love this dude if he's on your team?

I've never not liked a good player on my team.

Would love Noah as a Laker
Consider the source.

Milbuck
05-02-2014, 12:26 AM

See?

Swish, I respect you...but come on now. You know that Noah was dealing with nagging knee problems for months before the playoffs right? It's easy to get past that in the regular season, but when all the fatigue, exhaustion, and wear and tear piles on you in the playoffs, it's tough. Even moreso when you're playing a focused, hungry, in-form Nene, who is just monstrous and an all-star caliber player whenever he wants to be. And even knee issues aside, it was 1 series. Against a deceptively talented Wizards squad. Even then, he put up 10/13/5/1/1 on 51% shooting. Those aren't incredible numbers, but it's not like he just flat out disappeared.

Also, how can you criticize his game for being sloppy and ugly when he put up 14/11/7/2/2 on 49/--/77 shooting after the all-star break? He's a center averaging 7 assists per game over 30 games...that is just absurd.

B4llin
05-02-2014, 12:44 AM
TBH people are underestimating how badly the Bulls have been trying to suck.

They will probably consider this if you consider how stupid they have been the last few years trying to make their team a lottery team.