PDA

View Full Version : How do the wizards and pacers match up?

Cocaine80s
05-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Assuming pacers get past the hawks. Will hibbert wake up? Or will he get brutally raped by nene?

This might be the first eastern conference series worth watching

NauruDude
05-02-2014, 12:33 AM
If Hibbert plays like a dinner plate Indy will lose 4-3 if Hibbert plays like his All-Star self, Indy will win 4-1.

Biggest Jekyll an Hyde of NBA

Milbuck
05-02-2014, 12:34 AM
With Indiana's current form, Washington will take a steaming shit on them.

I watched the whole Bulls-Wizards series...if Hibbert doesn't get it together, Nene and Gortat are going to embarrass him like no other. Same goes for George Hill with John Wall.

NauruDude
05-02-2014, 02:24 AM

I watched the whole Bulls-Wizards series...if Hibbert doesn't get it together, Nene and Gortat are going to embarrass him like no other. Same goes for George Hill with John Wall.

shut the **** up you dont know what the **** you talking about you ****ing ***** ass shit. you suppert a ****ing awful basketball ****ing idiot indian will run this shit

Relinquish
05-02-2014, 02:37 AM
shut the **** up you dont know what the **** you talking about you ****ing ***** ass shit. you suppert a ****ing awful basketball ****ing idiot indian will run this shit

He was just stating his opinion. Since when could opinions be ridiculed with insults such as "you don't know what you're fvcking talking about fakkit." There's a reason that it is HIS opinion. :confusedshrug:

NauruDude
05-02-2014, 02:40 AM
He was just stating his opinion. Since when could opinions be ridiculed with insults such as "you don't know what you're fvcking talking about fakkit." There's a reason that it is HIS opinion. :confusedshrug:

shit man jeff needs to ban these morons **** you pacers will blow the wizards out 4-0 and make wall look like the thug moron ****ing he is.

Cocaine80s
05-02-2014, 02:40 AM
:roll:

Brokenbeat
05-02-2014, 03:30 AM

:rant :oldlol:

icewill36
05-02-2014, 03:39 AM
depends on the shooting of ariza and beal. wall MUST take advantage of george hill.

im not sure indy will even win game 7 though.... they straight up give the hawks tons of wide open looks from 3 and are basically just hoping they miss. since they are a 38 win team, they do miss a lot, but if they have one of those nights it wont be surprised if they win.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Wiz are somewhat like the Hawks but their big men (Nene and Gortat) don't shoot 3 pointers like ATL's do which will allow Hibbert to stay on the floor more.

-Lebron23-
05-02-2014, 07:28 AM

I watched the series too and I have to say I disagree with you.

Some of the advantages of the Wizards in those series are easily negated by Indiana just because of who they are and how they play. Of course they would then need to step up their game but we are most likely looking at a 7-game series.

Wizards used their size at the wings to bother the only reliable shot creator that Chicago had, 6'1 DJ Augustine, putting a bigger defender on him all the time and punishing him on defense with Wall, Beal and Andre Miller going at him all the time and forcing Noah to help.

Noah seemd to float around quite a lot on that Bulls offense although I am not sure how much of this is planned and how much of it is just Noah's personality, wanting to be everywhere. This works great when he is not matched up with a reliable offensive threat but when he is, you better hope that dude is not feeling it.

Nene took advantage of the above by hitting his jumpers at a career high rate and ended up looking like Karl Malone out there. Once he was hitting everything he kept Noah tied to him, thus negating his usual all-around defensive impact. He also made things very difficult for him on offense, along with Gortat, although Noah ended up close to his regular season averages.

Vs Pacers Nene would be guarded by West most likely, who is not as important defensively for Indiana and should be able to not only take away his jumper but also force him towards Hibbert if he wants to take it to the rim, which would be much harder to him than the previous scenario obviously.

Pacers having a tall, athletic PG in George Hill would also be important in the series. Hill can guard both Wall and Andre Miller 1 on 1 (Miller posted up DJ Augustine till he forced Chicago to put Butler or Snell on him) and make them stay honest on defense.

To me the key to the series would be:

-Indy's usual turnovers due to sloppy guard play leading to Wizards quick offense.

-Wall creating layups for himself and open shots for his shooters and what the Pacers can do about that.

-The fierce battle for the rebounding and 2nd chance points.

-Both benches are suspect (Indy's wasn't on paper but has been lately, especially now that Vogel has decided to sit Scola and Turner out for their horrific defense) so let's see how many quality minutes each can get from their backups.

All Net
05-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Pacers on current form? You have to love the wizards chances.

roffie
05-02-2014, 08:23 AM

pacer fan meltdown love it

wizards in 5. book it

Dro
05-02-2014, 08:34 AM

Some of the advantages of the Wizards in those series are easily negated by Indiana just because of who they are and how they play. Of course they would then need to step up their game but we are most likely looking at a 7-game series.

Wizards used their size at the wings to bother the only reliable shot creator that Chicago had, 6'1 DJ Augustine, putting a bigger defender on him all the time and punishing him on defense with Wall, Beal and Andre Miller going at him all the time and forcing Noah to help.

Noah seemd to float around quite a lot on that Bulls offense although I am not sure how much of this is planned and how much of it is just Noah's personality, wanting to be everywhere. This works great when he is not matched up with a reliable offensive threat but when he is, you better hope that dude is not feeling it.

Nene took advantage of the above by hitting his jumpers at a career high rate and ended up looking like Karl Malone out there. Once he was hitting everything he kept Noah tied to him, thus negating his usual all-around defensive impact. He also made things very difficult for him on offense, along with Gortat, although Noah ended up close to his regular season averages.

Vs Pacers Nene would be guarded by West most likely, who is not as important defensively for Indiana and should be able to not only take away his jumper but also force him towards Hibbert if he wants to take it to the rim, which would be much harder to him than the previous scenario obviously.

Pacers having a tall, athletic PG in George Hill would also be important in the series. Hill can guard both Wall and Andre Miller 1 on 1 (Miller posted up DJ Augustine till he forced Chicago to put Butler or Snell on him) and make them stay honest on defense.

-Indy's usual turnovers due to sloppy guard play leading to Wizards quick offense.

-Wall creating layups for himself and open shots for his shooters and what the Pacers can do about that.

-Both benches are suspect (Indy's wasn't on paper but has been lately, especially now that Vogel has decided to sit Scola and Turner out for their horrific defense) so let's see how many quality minutes each can get from their backups.
Wow, an actual analysis instead of the usual trolling most posters do..+rep..:applause:

-Lebron23-
05-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Wow, an actual analysis instead of the usual trolling most posters do..+rep..:applause:
:cheers:

WallIn
05-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Are you a fukin dumbass? Go swim in the sea and clear your head, it will do you good

Fakkit from Nauru

ralph_i_el
05-02-2014, 12:37 PM
you certainly seem to know what you're talking about :facepalm

-Lebron23-
05-12-2014, 05:13 AM

Man, I've been spot on so far except on the duration of the series. Pacers may close this thing out earlier than I thought.

Castor Troy
05-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Man, I've been spot on so far except on the duration of the series. Pacers may close this thing out earlier than I thought.

Great analysis here.
Amidst a lot of the crap that goes on on this forum, things like these are why i keep coming back. :cheers:

Milbuck
05-12-2014, 05:42 AM
Good call, should've seen this coming.

Didn't think PG had it in him to drop a near-40 point bomb, and damn sure didn't think Hibbert had it in him to step up like he did these past few games after that massive collapse.

-Lebron23-
05-12-2014, 05:59 AM
Good call, should've seen this coming.

Didn't think PG had it in him to drop a near-40 point bomb, and damn sure didn't think Hibbert had it in him to step up like he did these past few games after that massive collapse.
Not at all, that's why I was expecting a 7-game series. Let's see though, Wall is due for a good game and that should open things up for the rest.

navy
05-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Not at all, that's why I was expecting a 7-game series. Let's see though, Wall is due for a good game and that should open things up for the rest.
Not really. He isnt that skilled enough at scoring to be due. I expect Beal to show up if they want this to go to seven.

-Lebron23-
05-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Not really. He isnt that skilled enough at scoring to be due. I expect Beal to show up if they want this to go to seven.
Nah, Wall is not their best scorer but is the key for that offense to be clicking.

If Beal gets hot but Wall is sucking Pacers will continue to help off him easily. If however Wall is able to hit a couple of midranje Js along with transition baskets and drive and kicks to break that defense everybody is getting good looks.

Beal is a very good scorer but he has less impact on his team. He is still putting up good numbers, the Wizards just need Wall to get his to be more dangerous.

Props to Indiana though, they were able to win ugly earlier and now Hibbert and George have both come through for them.