Marlo_Stanfield
05-02-2014, 06:05 AM
:applause: :applause:

Hoopz2332
05-02-2014, 06:08 AM
he needed those 15 ft's to pad his way to 36:oldlol:

Warfan
05-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Are people acting like this was some special game? I mean he had a great 1st qtr which helped give OKC a solid lead, an okay 2nd qtr and a not so great 3rd qtr (i think he was 1/5 or 1/6 from the floor), and was something like 9/21 with 26? points and a couple boards by the end of the 3rd. Then he padded his points and rebounds when the team was up by 20 in the 4th. Good game, nothing great.

russwest0
05-02-2014, 06:36 AM
he needed those 15 ft's to pad his way to 36:oldlol:

Like I told someone else, 6 of those FT's were off of the Grizzlies intentionally fouling him to prevent an easy transition basket. Another was a technical FT shot. So he was essentially given just 8 FT's.

Watching the game can do wonders for people.

And not that you necessarily said he was gifted those FT's but I'm sure someone would have implied or said it anyways.

Hoopz2332
Are people acting like this was some special game? I mean he had a great 1st qtr which helped give OKC a solid lead, an okay 2nd qtr and a not so great 3rd qtr (i think he was 1/5 or 1/6 from the floor), and was something like 9/21 with 26? points and a couple boards by the end of the 3rd. Then he padded his points and rebounds when the team was up by 20 in the 4th. Good game, nothing great.

Agreed but many people are trying to put this into the 'great clutch playoff moments':oldlol:

Trollsmasher
He statpadded extremly hard imho

russwest0
05-02-2014, 06:40 AM

I don't watch ESPN so I don't know what they said but I haven't seen anyone on here calling it a special game.

Like you said it was a good, not great game. For Durant performances like these are to be expected in the playoffs it's just this series Tony Allen and the refs allowing overly physical play made him look human the last two games.

But if anyone called this performance special thats about as dumb as the people who said he was getting "shut down" in games 1-3.

NZStreetBaller
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
He statpadded extremly hard imho

You dont stat pad in an elimination game...

JebronLames
05-02-2014, 07:23 AM
He's been getting three point shooting lessons from MJ.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2014, 08:10 AM
:lol

fiddy
05-02-2014, 08:19 AM
branities what do you expect

NumberSix
05-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Played well enough to get the W. What's the problem?

ScarSymmetry
05-02-2014, 08:43 AM

The problem is the Durant haters are upset that OKC now have the momentum going into game 7 and will likely advance to the next round haha

:roll:

dabigbaws
05-02-2014, 08:44 AM

wait did you just comment about OKC and not mention FTs or refs

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

chazzy
05-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Hoopz = Lebron propaganda

Jlamb47
05-02-2014, 08:50 AM
36 points isnt impressive because we have about 50 players in the NBA that can do it
dude your just a KD hater. only player to even average 30+ points this year
stop hating give the man credit
if its your favorite player youd be talking about how he forced game 7
what a ****

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2014, 11:51 AM

Right, up TWENTY in the 4th = not stat padding....

:oldlol:

By that same logic I might as well say you dont stat padd in the finals, heck playoffs...

It depends on the game being a blowout or not, you dummies.

TMT
05-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Why are Durant haters/Lebron lovers so butt-hurt right now? Using the free throw excuses once again? :lol I watched the whole game and I don't think I saw a foul call against Durant that was questionably called. You guys are grasping at straws trying to undermine the MVP. Weak shit.

SilkkTheShocker
05-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Why are Durant haters/Lebron lovers so butt-hurt right now? Using the free throw excuses once again? :lol I watched the whole game and I don't think I saw a foul call against Durant that was questionably called. You guys are grasping at straws trying to undermine the MVP. Weak shit.

No one it butt hurt. The Thunder are going 7 games against the 7th seed, with 3 more rounds of playoffs still if they want to win it all. It's a win/win. The joy out of all of this is watching these west teams beat the utter living shit out of each other. The west winning team is going to be on life support by the time they get to the Finals :oldlol:

dude77
05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
has nothing on lebron's do or die game 6 at boston

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Why is the number one Spurs fan always defending Durant and rooting for the Thunder, even over his own team?

TMT
05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
No one it butt hurt. The Thunder are going 7 games against the 7th seed, with 3 more rounds of playoffs still if they want to win it all. It's a win/win. The joy out of all of this is watching these west teams beat the utter living shit out of each other. The west winning team is going to be on life support by the time they get to the Finals :oldlol:

No shit, because we're the big boy conference. While the Heat are having their hand held through the first three rounds with essentially a three round bye. The fact that you're happy about that shows your lack of competitive spirit. I'd rather get to the Finals beating the best teams possible rather than being given a free ticket there right as the playoffs begin. Such a joke of a situation the Heat are in.

TheCorporation
He's been getting three point shooting lessons from MJ.

:lol :lol

DuMa
http://giant.gfycat.com/ThoughtfulMessyHarvestmen.gif

TMT
05-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Why is the number one Spurs fan always defending Durant and rooting for the Thunder, even over his own team?

Humble superstars are more admirable than cocky ones who talk too much in my book. :confusedshrug:

KirbyPls
05-02-2014, 12:15 PM

He's not a Spurs fan, merely a Lebron hater. Rooting for the team that ended "his team's" 20-game win streak and subsequently denying them a Finals berth is pathetic.

SilkkTheShocker
05-02-2014, 12:17 PM
No shit, because we're the big boy conference. While the Heat are having their hand held through the first three rounds with essentially a three round bye. The fact that you're happy about that shows your lack of competitive spirit. I'd rather get to the Finals beating the best teams possible rather than being given a free ticket there right as the playoffs begin. Such a joke of a situation the Heat are in.

Yea, I don't really give a shit. I hope you buys bash each others skulls. But you can always hold on to the competitive spirit card after you lose.

2014 Moral Victory Champions :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Humble superstars are more admirable than cocky ones who talk too much in my book. :confusedshrug:

Who said anything about Lebron :biggums:

I've seen posts from you where you say the Spurs stand no chance against the Thunder. And you're always defending Durant over every little thing. It's a little weird for the "#1 Sours fan" to be rooting for his main rival, especially considering the fact that the Thunder are the team that are stopping the Spurs from getting to the Finals.

TMT
05-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Yea, I don't really give a shit. I hope you buys bash each others skulls. But you can always hold on to the competitive spirit card after you lose.

2014 Moral Victory Champions :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Weak shit from a weak fan whose team plays in a weak conference. Why am I not surprised?

When the playoff format is changed so you have to play actual talented teams in the playoffs, you Lebron stans will be bitching to no end. :oldlol:

Fudge
05-02-2014, 12:23 PM

I've seen posts from you where you say the Spurs stand no chance against the Thunder. And you're always defending Durant over every little thing. It's a little weird for the "#1 Sours fan" to be rooting for his main rival, especially considering the fact that the Thunder are the team that are stopping the Spurs from getting to the Finals.
Because in reality, no offense to TMT, they kind of don't. :confusedshrug:

edrick
05-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Like I told someone else, 6 of those FT's were off of the Grizzlies intentionally fouling him to prevent an easy transition basket. Another was a technical FT shot. So he was essentially given just 8 FT's.

And not that you necessarily said he was gifted those FT's but I'm sure someone would have implied or said it anyways.

Coming from someone that complained about Lebron's FTAs. ironic.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Exactly:applause: No Spurs fan on Spurstalk is rooting for Durant and the Thunder. Most are scared to play Thunder..This TMT guy is a fraud:lol

TMT
05-02-2014, 12:26 PM

I've seen posts from you where you say the Spurs stand no chance against the Thunder. And you're always defending Durant over every little thing. It's a little weird for the "#1 Sours fan", especially considering the Thunder are the main team stopping the Spurs from getting to the Finals.

When did you start watching the league? Because clearly you have no recollection of them being possibly our worst matchup in the last decade. :oldlol: Trust me, I was rooting hard for the Grizzlies last night. I don't want the Thunder to exceed, but I expect them to. It's a league of matchups, and they would have the upper hand on the Spurs in the WCF if both teams got there. That's just me being honest. I have a deep respect for them, and Kevin Durant despite his team is one of my favorite players. As a huge Tim Duncan fan I love the fact that we still have humble and loyal superstars in the league, which isn't a vibe that is given off by that team down in South Beach.

:confusedshrug:

Go ahead and chastise me if you wish, but I got my reasoning. Don't need anyone to accept it either.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Because in reality, no offense to TMT, they kind of don't. :confusedshrug:

Thunder are getting fvcking owned by the Grizzlies. I'm pretty sure the Spurs have a pretty good chance against them. And again, the "#1 Spurs fan" should shown some faith in his team. At the very least, he shouldn't be rooting for his main rival.

imdaman99
05-02-2014, 12:28 PM
These branstans live through bran. So they are really upset that Durant has the audacity to take an MVP award from their false god. Do you realize how they are still pissed that Rose won an MVP sandwiched in between brans other MVPs? :roll:

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:29 PM
And here comes ISH's favorite retard, right on cue with his cringe-worthy posts.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Exactly:applause: No Spurs fan on Spurstalk is rooting for Durant and the Thunder. Most are scared to play Thunder..This TMT guy is a fraud:lol

Number one Spurs fan doe :lol

TMT
05-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Thunder are getting fvcking owned by the Grizzlies. I'm pretty sure the Spurs have a pretty good chance against them. And again, the "#1 Spurs fan" should shown some faith in his team. At the very least, he shouldn't be rooting for his main rival.

See that's the common perception by the casual NBA viewer.

"Team A is doing bad against Team C, so Team B must have a great shot at beating them!"

It's a league of matchups, it has been for a while. I've know my Spurs much better than anyone on this board, and I know what we are capable of as well as what our downfall can possibly be. Don't be one of those naive fans. Be a realist.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2014, 12:35 PM
These branstans live through bran. So they are really upset that Durant has the audacity to take an MVP award from their false god. Do you realize how they are still pissed that Rose won an MVP sandwiched in between brans other MVPs? :roll:

Knicks/melo fan should be ignored:lol

http://i.imgur.com/CfAjWwG.jpg

Fudge
05-02-2014, 12:36 PM
We are?

So what, they're struggling against the Mavs. Goes either way.

And OKC's always been a bad matchup against SAS. You either have some "faith", or you man up and accept reality. We've beaten them in the RS and in the playoffs a few years back.

I've known this for a while now that Miami is our worse matchup in the league. I don't like our chances at all. And I accept that.

imdaman99
05-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Not a Melo fan dumbass. You know you branstans won't understand, but the Knicks owned the Heat in the 90s, yeah I realize you weren't born yet but just saying. I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. It's gonna blow you branstan's minds though, since you kids hate on Wade and Bosh, 2 instrumental parts to getting bran his rings.

Fudge
05-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Not a Melo fan dumbass. You know you branstans won't understand, but the Knicks owned the Heat in the 90s, yeah I realize you weren't born yet but just saying. I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. It's gonna blow you branstan's minds though, since you kids hate on Wade and Bosh, 2 instrumental parts to getting bran his rings.
Yep, they're 2000's babies. Nothing wrong with that.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2014, 12:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FgatOM9.jpg

TylerOO
05-02-2014, 12:41 PM
No one is gonna remember this game by next week lol. Are people actually talking about this game like it was something special?

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:42 PM
We are?

So what, they're struggling against the Mavs. Goes either way.

And OKC's always been a bad matchup against SAS. You either have some "faith", or you man up and accept reality. We've beaten them in the RS and in the playoffs a few years back.

I've known this for a while now that Miami is our worse matchup in the league. I don't like our chances at all. And I accept that.

That's such bs. OKC won 4-2 in the playoff series, and they were all close games. Not to mention the rigged game 6 that was very winnable by the Spurs. Bulls always beat the Heat in the RS. You won't see me going around saying the Heat don't stand a chance.

You don't know what happens in the series. Maybe the refs let Kawhi play Durant physically like they're letting Tony Allen in this series. Little things like that make a huge difference. To not show any faith in your own team, who got the 1 seed and has been looking pretty dominant recently, and instead root for the main rival is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Fudge
05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
That's such bs. OKC won 4-2 in the playoff series, and they were all close games. Not to mention the rigged game 6 that was very winnable by the Spurs. Bulls always beat the Heat in the RS. You won't see me going around saying the Heat don't stand a chance.

Rigged. That's your fcuking go-to excuse for literally everything. Such a narrow mind you have.

It's a known FACT that the Spurs struggle with athletic teams. That's a fact. They just couldn't keep up in the series. Simple as that. Same is gonna happen again if they were to meet again.

You don't know what happens in the series. Maybe the refs let Kawhi play Durant physically like they're letting Tony Allen in this series. Little things like that make a huge difference. To not show any faith in your own team, who got the 1 seed and has been looking pretty dominant recently, and instead root for the main rival is pretty pathetic in my opinion.
Except, Kawhi isn't as physical as Allen. I dont even know if he's physical at all. Dude's just a great defender, but you NEED to be physical with Durant in order to get him off his game. Allen's always been pesky, it's in his blood. Kawhi.

They looked pretty dominant a few years ago leading into our series as well. Pretty sure they were undefeated until they faced us in the WCF.

They're just a terrible matchup. Even he admits it.

I don't even see him "rooting" for us, anyways. Quit being dumb.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Rigged. That's your fcuking go-to excuse for literally everything. Such a narrow mind you have.

It's a known FACT that the Spurs struggle with athletic teams. That's a fact. They just couldn't keep up in the series. Simple as that. Same is gonna happen again if they were to meet again.

Except, Kawhi isn't as physical as Allen. I dont even know if he's physical at all. Dude's just a great defender, but you NEED to be physical with Durant in order to get him off his game. Allen's always been pesky, it's in his blood. Kawhi.

They looked pretty dominant a few years ago leading into our series as well. Pretty sure they were undefeated until they faced us in the WCF.

They're just a terrible matchup. Even he admits it.

I don't even see him "rooting" for us, anyways. Quit being dumb.

Since when does terrible matchup mean they stand no chance. Spurs were a terrible matchup for the Mavs. I don't even know how many games they lost in a row to the Spurs. Yet, they were able to go up 2-1 in the series. It's stupid to write off your own team because of a few regular season games, and a very close series two years ago. (And yes, game 6 was rigged)

Wally450
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Damn, this shows people don't watch the games. Yea lets stat pad in an elimination game. :facepalm

Fudge
05-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Since when does terrible matchup mean they stand no chance.
Uh, because they have literally nothing going their way against us? Like, literally nothing. It's just something that you should know.

Spurs were a terrible matchup for the Mavs. I don't even know how many games they lost in a row to the Spurs. Yet, they were able to go up 2-1 in the series. It's stupid to write off your own team because of a few regular season games, and a very close series two years ago. (And yes, game 6 was rigged)
It wasn't close at all. Thunder backdoor swept them after they took the first two.

It should've been over from the very beginning.

Fudge
05-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Damn, this shows people don't watch the games. Yea lets stat pad in an elimination game. :facepalm
LeBron stans know all about statpadding. :oldlol: That's why.

tmacattack33
05-02-2014, 01:07 PM

And 4 of them were complete BS.

One FT trip was after he popped Tony Allen in the eye, and Tony Allen couldn't even see anymore so he fouled Durant on the floor (with Memphis in the penalty).

Another was the rip through move on Tayshaun Prince, which the league was supposed to stop giving to the offensive player.

Fudge
05-02-2014, 01:11 PM
And 4 of them were complete BS.

One FT trip was after he popped Tony Allen in the eye, and Tony Allen couldn't even see anymore so he fouled Durant on the floor (with Memphis in the penalty).

Allen fouled him because KD unintentionally poked him in the eye. How is that BS?

That's all on Allen.

Quit being stupid.

Another was the rip through move on Tayshaun Prince, which the league was supposed to stop giving to the offensive player.
No. They'd stop giving them free throws for the move, but since Memphis was over the limit, he ended up getting free throws for it.

Again, quit being stupid.

tmacattack33
05-02-2014, 01:16 PM

Allen fouled him because KD unintentionally poked him in the eye. How is that BS?

That's all on Allen.

Quit being stupid.

No. They'd stop giving them free throws for the move, but since Memphis was over the limit, he ended up getting free throws for it.

Again, quit being stupid.

It was not BS in the sense that it was a bad call...it was definititely an obvious foul and the right call by the ref.

It was BS in terms of it not being impressive (which is the topic of this thread).

There is nothing impressive about poking someone's eye out and then having them foul you on purpose because they can't see.

There is also nothing impressive about doing the rip through move.

Fudge
05-02-2014, 01:18 PM
It was not BS in the sense that it was a bad call, it was an obvious foul.

But it was BS in terms of it not being impressive (which is the topic of this thread).

There is nothing impressive about poking someone's eye out and then having them foul you on purpose because they can't see.

There is also nothing impressive about doing the rip through move.
Didnt I tell you to quit being stupid?

Eat Like A Bosh
05-02-2014, 01:20 PM
When did you start watching the league? Because clearly you have no recollection of them being possibly our worst matchup in the last decade. :oldlol: Trust me, I was rooting hard for the Grizzlies last night. I don't want the Thunder to exceed, but I expect them to. It's a league of matchups, and they would have the upper hand on the Spurs in the WCF if both teams got there. That's just me being honest. I have a deep respect for them, and Kevin Durant despite his team is one of my favorite players. As a huge Tim Duncan fan I love the fact that we still have humble and loyal superstars in the league, which isn't a vibe that is given off by that team down in South Beach.

:confusedshrug:

Go ahead and chastise me if you wish, but I got my reasoning. Don't need anyone to accept it either.
Really? Wouldn't the Grizzlies be an equally awful matchup for the Spurs? I think they're pretty much the same team from 2011 when they knocked out the Spurs as an 8 seed. Minus Rudy Gay.

tmacattack33
05-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Didnt I tell you to quit being stupid?

:facepalm

OKC fans.

Relinquish
has nothing on lebron's do or die game 6 at boston

Then again, nothing does. :confusedshrug:

Fudge
Really? Wouldn't the Grizzlies be an equally awful matchup for the Spurs? I think they're pretty much the same team from 2011 when they knocked out the Spurs as an 8 seed. Minus Rudy Gay.
But they swept them last year...

Marlo_Stanfield
05-02-2014, 01:58 PM
lol@fudge running his mouth again when the thunder are hanging on for their lives against a 7th seed without any offense:oldlol: :oldlol:

Fudge
05-02-2014, 02:03 PM
lol@fudge running his mouth again when the thunder are hanging on for their lives against a 7th seed without any offense:oldlol: :oldlol:
You can't stop thinking about me. :oldlol:

I'm flattered, bro.

BlackVVaves
05-02-2014, 02:07 PM

Sensible, non bias post regarding KD from NumberSix?????? :biggums:

BlackVVaves
05-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Bro, do you understand the concept behind playoff match-ups, and it has pertained to recent history between these two teams????

This basic isn't math. 1 + 1 =/= 2 here. Just because OKC is struggling against the Grizzlies doesn't mean the Spurs would beat OKC just because they swept the Grizzlies last year.