PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest myth by casual fans

rlsmooth775
05-03-2014, 01:22 PM
For example the spurs are a boring team. Kobe is this clutch killer all Blake griffin does is dunk. Give opinions

Rik Smits' Hair
05-03-2014, 01:24 PM
That Wilt is over rated

KobesFinger
05-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Jordan was the best at everything to do with basketball. You name it, he was the best.

Kobe is the clutchest player ever, never misses in late game situations

Spurs and Hawks are boring, no creativity on the court

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Wilt is overrated
Jordan >LeBron

SilkkTheShocker
05-03-2014, 01:28 PM
For example the spurs are a boring team. Kobe is this clutch killer all Blake griffin does is dunk. Give opinions

The Spurs are extremely boring

Budadiiii
05-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Kobe and Iverson.

Household names who get praised because of their airtime on television.

Casual fans don't really care to analyze any further. A lot of casuals have Kobe right behind Jordan. They just don't know.

Real14
05-03-2014, 01:34 PM
That tha knicks wont win a championship again.

Lebronxrings
people thinking lebron disappears in the 4th quarter and isn't clutch

CavaliersFTW
That Wilt is over rated
/thread

rknine15
05-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Vince Carter can only dunk and that he quit on the Raptors

Deuce Bigalow
05-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Kobe being clutch definitely.

TylerOO
05-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Kobe being clutch is a huge myth.

Spurs are really ****ing boring though.

AirFederer
05-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Kobe and Iverson.

Casual fans don't really care to analyze any further. A lot of casuals have Kobe right behind Jordan. They just don't know.
This

Cold soul
05-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Kobe and Iverson.

Kobe is right behind MJ as far as SG go. :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
05-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Bill Russell is one of the greatest players of all time.

CavaliersFTW
05-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Bill Russell is one of the greatest players of all time.
Said no casual fan ever, GTFOH. They say he's overrated, and THAT is the myth.

Flush
05-03-2014, 02:28 PM
By haters: D Wade is done.

ImKobe
05-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Lebron is a superstar

Real14
05-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Lebron is a superstar
End thread:applause:

secund2nun
05-03-2014, 02:49 PM
The biggest myths are:

*Kobe is one of the GOATs
*Kobe is clutch
*Guards win you titles
*Big men are irrelevant
*Melo is an elite scorer
*Rose is a superstar
*"insert overrated guard" carried "X team" to a win or title
*Lebron is not clutch
*Spo is a great coach
*Irving is a star
*Russell is a GOAT
*Miami is stacked
*Jordan is better than Lebron

BlkMambaGOAT
05-03-2014, 02:55 PM
The biggest myths are:

*Kobe is clutch
*Guards win you titles
*Big men are irrelevant
*Melo is an elite scorer
*Rose is a superstar
*Lebron is not clutch
*Spo is a great coach
*Irving is a star
*Russell is a GOAT
*Miami is staked

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/02/ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

Nice try troll.:applause:

steve
05-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Eh, most of the stuff said here, I hear more from people who follow the NBA a good bit rather than what I think of a casual fan.

Most of the stuff that annoys me from casual fans (like say, someone who tries to strike up a conversation with me when I'm watching a game in a bar) are usually basic things. NBA players can't shoot, don't play defense, it's all one on one ball, they only care about being paid and never up full effort. Most of the time this is said by someone as I'm trying to ignore them so I can watch the game. Just things that you know they only follow sort sports radio/talking head narratives and don't really know what they're watching when a game does comes on.

secund2nun
05-03-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/02/ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

Nice try troll.:applause:

Says the Kobe troll.

6/24= finals MVP.....= a summary of Kobe's career.

DMAVS41
05-03-2014, 02:59 PM
-Kobe is a great game winning shot maker...that is a myth.

People saying Kobe isn't clutch...LOL...completely untrue...Kobe is one of the most clutch players ever. He just isn't nearly as good as his rep on game winners. Big distinction there as overall clutch play is far more important.

-Lebron's Cavs in 09 and 10 were legit title contenders...that is a myth.

-Mavs underachieved in the playoffs a lot...that is a myth.

-Depth means a lot in the playoffs...that is a myth.

-Coaching doesn't matter all that much (players league stuff)...that is a myth.

-Bird was a god in the playoffs...that is a myth.

-Not sure what the myth is about Duncan, but I just know casual fans under-rate the shit out of him.

-It doesn't matter that the East is a joke because the winner still has to beat the West in the finals...that is a myth.

-That you don't need to see the playoffs to get accurate reads on how good players actually are...probably the biggest myth going right now.

-The Thunder have a flawed team and Durant doesn't have enough help...another huge myth right now.

ThePhantomCreep
05-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobe and Iverson.

Kobe has been heaped countless praise by ATG players and coaches throughout his career. Hardly what you'd call casual fans.

Shaq having a GOAT peak and being the most dominant player ever is the biggest myth. He was awesome no doubt, but he wasn't better than peak Jordan or Kareem, guys who had no flaws in their games. Shaq's peak wasn't really better than Hakeem's '92-'95 peak and everyone acts like Shaq blows him out of the water. Shaq still had bad pick-n-roll defense, was still a horrible FT shooter, and still had questionable conditioning outside of 2000. Having him on your team was never an automatic title the way it was with Jordan. In fact, he was very fortunate not to blow a 3-1 series lead in his dream season.

ThePhantomCreep
05-03-2014, 03:03 PM
-Kobe is a great game winning shot maker...that is a myth.

People saying Kobe isn't clutch...LOL...completely untrue...Kobe is one of the most clutch players ever. He just isn't nearly as good as his rep on game winners. Big distinction there as overall clutch play is far more important.

-Lebron's Cavs in 09 and 10 were legit title contenders...that is a myth.

-Mavs underachieved in the playoffs a lot...that is a myth.

-Depth means a lot in the playoffs...that is a myth.

-Coaching doesn't matter all that much (players league stuff)...that is a myth.

-Bird was a god in the playoffs...that is a myth.

-Not sure what the myth is about Duncan, but I just know casual fans under-rate the shit out of him.

-It doesn't matter that the East is a joke because the winner still has to beat the West in the finals...that is a myth.

-That you don't need to see the playoffs to get accurate reads on how good players actually are...probably the biggest myth going right now.

-The Thunder have a flawed team and Durant doesn't have enough help...another huge myth right now.Meh, he's the most Teflon superstar of the 2000's. He's on the verge of possibly dropping a second series to an 8th seed and I haven't heard an ounce of criticism thrown his way. Apologists will just say he's old and fap to his 2003 season.

Deuce Bigalow
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
The biggest myths are:

*Kobe is clutch
*Guards win you titles
*Big men are irrelevant
*Melo is an elite scorer
*Rose is a superstar
*Lebron is not clutch
*Spo is a great coach
*Irving is a star
*Russell is a GOAT
*Miami is stacked
http://loldamn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/funny-gif-mother-of-God-glasses.gif

How retarded are you?

DMAVS41
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Meh, he's the most Teflon superstar of the 2000's. He's on the verge of possibly dropping a second series to an 8th seed and I haven't heard an ounce of criticism thrown his way. Apologists will just say he's old and fap to his 2003 season.

Well, he's playing well and he is old. I mean...he's in year 17 and still borderline all nba caliber.

He was a beast from 98 through 09...that is a solid 12 year prime with a great peak. And he has stayed at a borderline all nba type level over the last 5 years outside of 11...

He doesn't get much criticism because he hardly ever plays poorly.

JT123
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Kobe has been heaped countless praise by ATG players and coaches throughout his career. Hardly what you'd call casual fans.

Shaq having a GOAT peak and being the most dominant player ever is the biggest myth. He was awesome no doubt, but he wasn't better than peak Jordan or Kareem, guys who had no flaws in their games. Shaq's peak wasn't really better than Hakeem's '92-'95 peak and everyone acts like Shaq blows him out of the water. Shaq still had bad pick-n-roll defense, was still a horrible FT shooter, and still had questionable conditioning outside of 2000. Having him on your team was never an automatic title the way it was with Jordan. In fact, he was very fortunate not to blow a 3-1 series lead in his dream season.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm The things Kobetards say.

secund2nun
05-03-2014, 03:10 PM
http://loldamn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/funny-gif-mother-of-God-glasses.gif

How retarded are you?

Casual fan or incorrect junkie fan alert. You must only understand empty incorrect phrases like "Melo SUPERSTAR BEST SCORER".

ThePhantomCreep
05-03-2014, 03:13 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm The things Kobetards say.

Nice reply, f**kstick.

navy
05-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Kobe being clutch is the biggest one I can think of.

elementally morale
05-03-2014, 03:17 PM
European players are soft. It's players who win games, not teams. Winning rings is the only thing that validates a player's greatness. Being 'alpha''. This era compared to that one is.... blahblahblah.

Keno
05-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Lebron is a superstar

yea he's not a superstar. he's a legend, hall of famer.

TheMagicMan
05-03-2014, 04:38 PM
LeBron earned all of his rings.

Deuce Bigalow
05-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Casual fan or incorrect junkie fan alert. You must only understand empty incorrect phrases like "Melo SUPERSTAR BEST SCORER".
I never thought Melo was the best scorer.

Im so nba'd out
05-03-2014, 05:00 PM
this misconception that kobe/lebron are great defenders.

Real14
05-03-2014, 05:01 PM
LeBron earned all of his rings.
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/738/186/1186738.gif

Dr Hawk
05-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Kobe is better scorer than Jordan

Kobe is the second best of all time because he is the closest to Jordan

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Kobe and Clutch

I also heard some retards say Kobe wasn't shook in the 2010 Finals Game 7 :oldlol: