PDA

View Full Version : After 2.5 full seasons, what is the potential of Jeremy Lin?

Kidbasketball20
05-03-2014, 02:01 PM
The Rockets have been a terrible fit for him having to deal with a disastrous coach, ball hogging teammates, and a backup C with butter fingers.

I believe if Lin is allowed to be the starting point guard on a team, he could easily become a top 10 PG statistically. His defense is highly underrated and one of his main strengths is playmaking to make others better around him. He has not even come close to reaching his full potential, and every off season has improved on his weaknesses tremendously (remember when he "couldn't go to his left?").

When Lin was allowed to get in rhythm and handle the ball, he's shown flashes of brilliance.

Laugh now, but Lin is a superstar in the making.

Milbuck
05-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I think he is a good starting point guard in this league in a better situation. Not quite all-star, and obviously not a superstar, but a good point guard on or just below the level of someone like Jeff Teague. People don't realize that often when Harden is out and/or he's given the reigns to the offense, he shows up big time. I think with a strong coach and a system that allows him to be more comfortable, he could be a very good point guard. Something like 17/7 on ~45% shooting.

AirFederer
05-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I like him, but he's no superstar. A little too sloppy handling. Fantastic effort, attitude and D :bowdown:

Le Shaqtus
05-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Depends if a team is willing to take a chance on him, most teams right now are either set on their starting point guard or trying to tank.

DMV2
05-03-2014, 02:13 PM
- A superstar for two weeks max. Linsanity

- An All-Star for a month stretch. Player of the Month Feb 2012

- A starter for half a season. Last year and this year.

- 6th Man talent for full season. This year.

- A career role player. His career.

chocolatethunder
05-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Handle is garbage, streaky shooter, decent D with max effort. Good bench scorer def not a point guard. Average passer. Not a bad player not a great one.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 02:17 PM
hell be superstar in 2 years.
he just needas a true PnR PG role thats all.
hes already undoubtly one of the clutchest players in the NBa. hes a top 5-10 passer. his inside passes to big men are borderline the best in the league. hes the fastest guard in the NBA with Wall, even faster than GOATbrook. hes filthy from midrange and 36% from 3( including a shit ton of last second bailouts after harden isos included). hes on the edge of becoming a 90% FT shooter too. defensively hes easily top 5( never seen someone own lillard on defense like lin yesterday).
hes also a proven winner. whenever he was allowed to take over rockets won in the series, except game 1 where harden found a way to choke away lins 7 overtime points:facepalm :facepalm no to his flaws. sometimes gets out of controll but not very often anymore and not half as much as guys like Wall or GOATbrook.
his three pointer has huge potential because he has very deep range and when he makes them they look sweet. but he definitely ha to improve here. i can see him becoming a 40% 3ptshooter in the next two years easily( improved from 32 since Linsanity to 36% this season)
his biggest weakness are his handles( improved alot tho, were much weaker last season) and that he only has one speed.
if he works very hard on his three point shot, handle and gets some crafty moves and perfects his floater he will be unstoppable.
i can see him become a top 20, maybe even top 10 player in this league if everything works out and he plays for a coach who is willing to play him huge minutes and develop him.
even in his current form i can see him put up 20/8 while leading a team to the playoffs easily if hes allowed to play lead guard.
dude is talented as fck and a competetive beast with crazy work ethic. he wont settle before he reaches greatness.
i so hope the Lakers get him and KLove in the offseason:applause: :applause: :applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Handle is garbage, streaky shooter, decent D with max effort. Good bench scorer def not a point guard. Average passer. Not a bad player not a great one.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

aj1987
hell be superstar in 2 years.
:oldlol:

Real14
His potential sucks unless he go back to tha knicks, that's tha only way he can thrive, return of tha real linsanity.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM
His potential sucks unless he go back to tha knicks, that's tha only way he can thrive, return of tha real linsanity.
he may come to yall nikkols with chandler and asik and picks for melo.
pray for it.
but he wont thrive there because kerr is a known lin basher:facepalm

Kidbasketball20
05-03-2014, 02:29 PM
- A superstar for two weeks max. Linsanity

- An All-Star for a month stretch. Player of the Month Feb 2012

- A starter for half a season. Last year and this year.

- 6th Man talent for full season. This year.

- A career role player. His career.

you're acting like he's 29 or 30 with 6-7 seasons under his belt. He has only played 2.5 seasons, 2 seasons with a system not great for his style of play and the WOAT coach.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 02:31 PM
you're acting like he's 29 or 30 with 6-7 seasons under his belt. He has only played 2.5 seasons, 2 seasons with a system not great for his style of play and the WOAT coach.
haters gonna hate.
Lin will be a superstar dont even worry

DMV2
05-03-2014, 02:44 PM
He's gonna be 26 this summer. 26 is old for a potential guard. His window of being full-time starter is already slowly closing. He lost his starting job to a one dimensional player. Guards don't get as many chances as big's do.

Of course, a change in scenery could rejuvenated his potential but it's not looking good at all right now.

I'm just keeping it real.

DMV2
05-03-2014, 02:45 PM
haters gonna hate.
Lin will be a superstar dont even worry
Nah, just google my username, Lin and insidehoops and you'll see I'm a fan. Still am, but I'm just being real.

KungFuJoe
05-03-2014, 02:48 PM
He HAS to improve his handles to be a legit top 15 pg. The league is ****ing stacked.

I hope he works on that left hand nonstop in the off season.

He has elite quickness and probably the best first step of anyone in the league.

Rocketswin2013
05-03-2014, 02:50 PM
He still has the same problems he had while in the D-league. Ceiling is not that high.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 02:52 PM
He still has the same problems he had while in the D-league. Ceiling is not that high.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
as long as the ceiling of that fegget in your avy is sky high its all good he??

Kidbasketball20
05-03-2014, 02:53 PM

Talking about the ceiling of a player with T-Jones as your avatar. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rocketswin2013
05-03-2014, 02:54 PM
as long as the ceiling of that fegget in your avy is sky high its all good he??
:roll:

mr.big35
05-03-2014, 02:55 PM
he can become a legit starter thats his ceiling

mr.big35
05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Talking about the ceiling of a player with T-Jones as your avatar. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and having username rocketswin2013 join date jan 2014

Rocketswin2013
05-03-2014, 02:59 PM
:lol It's just no excuse to be that dumb.

You have the internet and a keyboard of some sort, and yet you fail to type a coherent sentence after 5.6 K tries.

I genuinely feel bad for him.

EDIT: Correction, 6.1K

DMV2
05-03-2014, 02:59 PM
T-Jones has a better chance of staying in the league past age 30 than Lin does. Not because he's better but because he's taller.

It's just the way it is.

Lin right now can be on the path of an Andre Miller-like career or a Flip Murray-like career. He can be a part-time starter/back-up PG for his career or out of the league before age 30.

Right now, he's not a coveted. It's not looking good.

EDIT: An Andre Miller-like career is actually reaching it.

KungFuJoe
05-03-2014, 03:00 PM

You mean to tell me you followed Lin throughout his D League stint?

You are a true fan, my friend. :applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 03:02 PM
T-Jones has a better chance of staying in the league past age 30 than Lin does. Not because he's better but because he's taller.

It's just the way it is.

Lin right now can be on the path of an Andre Miller-like career or a Flip Murray-like career. He can be a part-time starter/back-up PG for his career or out of the league before age 30.

Right now, he's not a coveted. It's not looking good.
shut the fuq up
he will go down as steve Nash on steroids and better than Yao

Rocketswin2013
05-03-2014, 03:02 PM

It's just the way it is.

Jones is actually good at basketball. Per 36 averaging 15/10/2/1, 19 PER in his first season getting minutes.

KungFuJoe
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
People STILL are forgetting that Lin plays for Houston. The place where PGs come to die.

Not only is Lin on a short leash and a 4th option on offense, he also plays in a system (Morey) that eliminates a BIG part of his offensive game. Midrange.

Plus Houston runs literally NO PnR...or I should say Howard refuses to.

The fact that Lin is doing "decent" in a system that is completely against him speaks volumes.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Jones is actually good at basketball. Per 36 averaging 15/10/2/1, 19 PER in his first season getting minutes.
he sucks the balls of dirty donkeys and purposely steps on homeless people:oldlol: :oldlol:

Kvnzhangyay
05-03-2014, 03:09 PM
People STILL are forgetting that Lin plays for Houston. The place where PGs come to die.

Not only is Lin on a short leash and a 4th option on offense, he also plays in a system (Morey) that eliminates a BIG part of his offensive game. Midrange.

Plus Houston runs literally NO PnR...or I should say Howard refuses to.

The fact that Lin is doing "decent" in a system that is completely against him speaks volumes.

This... I mean look at Dragic and Lowry. Both improve so much after they left Houston :facepalm

KungFuJoe
05-03-2014, 03:10 PM

I like Jones so I'm not going to talk shit, but right now his defense is atrocious. It was always bad but he got destroyed by LMA. He's a good rebounder, but it seems more on athleticism than positioning or boxing out.

At least Lin showed his defensive potential by doing about as good a job as I've ever seen on Lillard.

dreamwarrior
05-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Well he's better than patrick beverly.

selrahc
05-03-2014, 05:58 PM
lin is no better than if a scrub like javaris crittenton were to get full reigns of a basketball team like lin did in ny. he is tremendously overrated, he turns the ball over 50% of the time he has it, and cannot even shoot worth a crap when he is asian.

KungFuJoe
05-03-2014, 06:30 PM
cannot even shoot worth a crap when he is asian.

LOL wut?

Some of you kids need to stay in school and stop doing drugs.

05-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Lin to the Lakers!

Kidbasketball20
05-03-2014, 06:56 PM
LOL wut?

Some of you kids need to stay in school and stop doing drugs.

Funny how most of the Lin haters on ISH can't speak proper english.

Relinquish
05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
18-20 ppg and 7-8 apg along with 2 spg.

D.J.
05-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Probably could average close to 20 a game in the right system. But he's still a streaky shooter who's turnover prone.

Le Shaqtus
05-03-2014, 07:01 PM
lin is no better than if a scrub like javaris crittenton were to get full reigns of a basketball team like lin did in ny. he is tremendously overrated, he turns the ball over 50% of the time he has it, and cannot even shoot worth a crap when he is asian.

His mid range is money, 3 pointer needs work.

LoneyROY7
05-03-2014, 07:09 PM
There are stans and then there's Marlo. :roll: