PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah Actively Recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls

LosBulls
05-03-2014, 02:49 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/876/291/cf291a1781801170d6d86379136096aa_crop_north.jpg

The solution is currently under contract with the New York Knicks, though he can opt out at the conclusion of the postseason and hit the open market.

His name? Carmelo Anthony.

The small forward is quite obviously an incredible offensive contributor, seeing as he's one of the absolute best scorers in the NBA. He can hit shots within the flow of an offense, dominate a defense when he decides to put his back to the basket and create those superstar looks that so few players can consistently knock down.

That's what the Bulls have been missing without Derrick Rose in the lineup—and even with D-Rose healthy, it's sometimes absent—and Noah is well aware of the benefits that would ensue after signing 'Melo to a massive deal. Per Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times.

According to several sources, including a teammate, Noah’s All-Star Weekend 'conversation' with New York Knicks standout Carmelo Anthony didn’t end in New Orleans. They had discussions via text the rest of the season, including the day after the Bulls were eliminated in the playoffs by the Washington Wizards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2050233-report-joakim-noah-actively-recruiting-carmelo-anthony-to-chicago-bulls?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Kiddlovesnets
05-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Melodrama season 2 is airing now.
:banana:

JT123
05-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Collusion! What the hell ever happened to wanting to BEAT your competition? Instead we have betas like Noah trying to recruit their rivals cause they can't win on their own. This era is pathetic! :facepalm

Inferno
05-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Good. The East needs Melo to join the Bulls and give LeBron and the Heat a good challenge

Fudge
Derrick Rose/Augustin
Jimmy Butler/Kirk Hinrich
Carmelo Anthony
Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah

That's an automatic contender right there. Probably the favorites to win the East.

secund2nun
Rose and Melo on the same team.....yikes

No efficiency, no ball movement, no defense, 2 big max (or near max) contracts.

LosBulls
05-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Collusion! What the hell ever happened to wanting to BEAT your competition? Instead we have betas like Noah trying to recruit their rivals cause they can't win on their own. This era is pathetic! :facepalm
Yes. We want to beat our competition.

What do you do if one of your friends is getting jumped by 3 guys? You get in and help him.

Its one thing to not be able to win a ring in a league without superteams but in the current NBA you need to be a superteam to beat a superteam.

Milbuck
This is too perfect. Carmelo is at his best when he's surrounded by tough, defense-oriented, unselfish guys who are willing to do whatever it takes to win. The Bulls offense is so weak, and they desperately need a guy who you can throw the ball to and say "get me a bucket right now", and it'll happen. Then you consider the fact that they have the 2nd best coach in the NBA, and have a superstar point guard coming back...it just would not make sense for him to not go to Chicago, unless he genuinely is all about the money and not winning.

Purch
The knicks aren't a rival of the bulls. The knicks didn't even make the playoffs in the worst east in years

LosBulls
05-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Who said Rose and Melo gonna be on the floor together?

Rose bum ass gonna be on the bench eating skittles.

Milbuck
05-03-2014, 03:02 PM

There is so much wrong with this comment....

Denitron
05-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Carrying the team on the court AND carrying the recruitment-drive off it :bowdown:

Now as soon as Rose recovers his muscle memory for sending texts and gets in contact with Melo too, we in business :bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
how about a sign and trade for rose?

russwest0
05-03-2014, 03:05 PM
This is some bitchmade shit.

I think it'd be a good fit for Melo, but texting him the day after getting eliminated? Plus Rose being basically 100% and riding the bench?

I've lost some respect for the Bulls team overall.

secund2nun
05-03-2014, 03:06 PM
There is so much wrong with this comment....

What points did I make that were wrong?

secund2nun
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Who said Rose and Melo gonna be on the floor together?

Rose bum ass gonna be on the bench eating skittles.

Making like 17 million from Adidas next year for that :oldlol:

Inferno
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Hell, Bulls without Rose and with Melo would still be a damn good team

Milbuck
05-03-2014, 03:15 PM
What points did I make that were wrong?
I think you're likening Rose a bit too much to Westbrook...Rose is a retard off the court, but he is fully capable of being unselfish and getting teammates involved, and even relegating offensive #1 duties to a more deserving and capable guy. The problem is he's never had an offensive weapon next to him even remotely close to Melo's level. If/when he does, there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be willing to share. He isn't Westbrook.

Melo has shown the same thing. This year he's got a lot of flack, but if you watched the games, he genuinely looked to get his teammates involved. Obviously he's not on Lebron's level or even Durant's level in terms of court vision, passing, playmaking, etc...but he gave his best effort. The problem was his teammates were complete and utter shit for the vast majority of the season. If/when he's got a healthy Derrick Rose on his team, I think he'd be more than willing to share the rock.

And the Bulls get a lot of heat for not having offensive weapons. I don't think that's the case. They have weapons, just not in the right place. They're pretty balanced overall, they're just missing the top 2 guys. Taj Gibson and Noah are good offensive players - Taj this year has shown a lot of progress in his offensive skill set, and Jo is one of the best big man passers of all time. The reason they looked so bad was that they were thrust into that #1/#2 role, when they should never be in that position. They didn't have Deng, they didn't have Rose, Boozer fell off a cliff this season. Taj, Noah, Butler, Augustin, Dunleavy, Hinrich...these aren't AWFUL offensive players. If you have 2 guys like Melo and Rose shouldering most of the work, those other guys are a pretty decent supporting cast.

As for defense, I have no clue what you're getting at.

To get Melo, they would have to get rid of Boozer. That in itself...getting Melo and ridding themselves of Boozer...is a defensive plus. Boozer is one of the worst defensive players in the league, and Melo is at least serviceable with the right focus and motivation, which Thibs will certainly force out of him. And as long as they have Noah, Taj, and Butler, and are coached by Tom Thibodeau, they will always be a top-tier defense. And Rose isn't half bad when he's healthy and focused either.

NumberSix
05-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Are we all supposed to be "scared" of the bulls again?

BlkMambaGOAT
05-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Derrick Rose/Augustin
Carmelo Anthony
Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah

That's an automatic contender right there. Probably the favorites to win the East.
:lol

You sound like Bill Simmons during pre-season.

u funny

secund2nun
05-03-2014, 03:54 PM
I think you're likening Rose a bit too much to Westbrook...Rose is a retard off the court, but he is fully capable of being unselfish and getting teammates involved, and even relegating offensive #1 duties to a more deserving and capable guy. The problem is he's never had an offensive weapon next to him even remotely close to Melo's level. If/when he does, there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be willing to share. He isn't Westbrook.

Melo has shown the same thing. This year he's got a lot of flack, but if you watched the games, he genuinely looked to get his teammates involved. Obviously he's not on Lebron's level or even Durant's level in terms of court vision, passing, playmaking, etc...but he gave his best effort. The problem was his teammates were complete and utter shit for the vast majority of the season. If/when he's got a healthy Derrick Rose on his team, I think he'd be more than willing to share the rock.

And the Bulls get a lot of heat for not having offensive weapons. I don't think that's the case. They have weapons, just not in the right place. They're pretty balanced overall, they're just missing the top 2 guys. Taj Gibson and Noah are good offensive players - Taj this year has shown a lot of progress in his offensive skill set, and Jo is one of the best big man passers of all time. The reason they looked so bad was that they were thrust into that #1/#2 role, when they should never be in that position. They didn't have Deng, they didn't have Rose, Boozer fell off a cliff this season. Taj, Noah, Butler, Augustin, Dunleavy, Hinrich...these aren't AWFUL offensive players. If you have 2 guys like Melo and Rose shouldering most of the work, those other guys are a pretty decent supporting cast.

To get Melo, they would have to get rid of Boozer. That in itself...getting Melo and ridding themselves of Boozer...is a defensive plus. Boozer is one of the worst defensive players in the league, and Melo is at least serviceable with the right focus and motivation, which Thibs will certainly force out of him. And as long as they have Noah, Taj, and Butler, and are coached by Tom Thibodeau, they will always be a top-tier defense. And Rose isn't half bad when he's healthy and focused either.

I honestly think Rose is just an east coast version of Westbrook.

Both are such similar style of players. Westbrook is a bit better on D and Rose can be a bit more efficient of a scorer when he decides to not go into super chuck mode like how he played in 09 and 10 but he has been in chuck mode since the beginning of the 2011 season, but overall they are similar styles.

Rose vs Westbrook:

*Both are mediocre from downtown yet still chuck from downtown to the detriment of their team...31% 4.6 3fg/g the last 3 seasons vs 30% 3.8 3fg/g the last 3 seasons. This is a sign that even with a more talent offensive cast Rose would still shot jack just like Westbrick does next to Durant.

*Both score with mediocre efficiency especially when you look at Rose from 2011 and beyond. They take a ton of shots to average only a modest amount of ppg.

*Both have a ball hog shot jacker type mentality instead of having a distributor small bball type style like a PG should have. Neither are gifted passers. Both are merely just undersized SGs playing PG.....6'3 190 vs 6'3 200

I have yet to see Rose play unselfish bball and judging by his shot selection I don't think he will. Even if you don't have much offensive help around you, ball movement is the solution for that, not Rose jacking up 20 low percentage shots per game including 5 three point attempts per game despite being a mediocre 3 point shooter....ISO ball is never the answer.. We have seen quite a few good pure PGs or ball movement schemes elevate the offensive game of team even when they didn't have that much offensive talent.

The same thing applies to Melo. Even if he doesn't have great offensive talents around him shot jacking is never the answer. Ball movement helps every player on the team out including the one with the offensive burden.

Not to mention none of them have experience playing off ball and I envision a situation where they merely just take turns shot jacking. It's not like they are Lebron and Wade, who both are great passers, team players, and adjusted to play as a team. I honestly think they will just take turns ISO balling and even if they do play team ball I don't exactly think they are anywhere as good scorers as everyone else thinks.

Boozer is bad on D, but Melo is pretty bad himself especially compared to Deng. Overall the defense would still be decent because of Noah and Gibson, both of whom are underrated, but the wing defense would be awful with Rose and Noah. Rose is a pretty poor defender. He gets lit up all the time.

What did Rose do this season when he had to ease back in from rust? He chucked it up like usual instead of understanding he needs to ease back in and playing ball movement.

Rose and Melo are a representation of how the style of play has become corrupted by the ISO me first ball hog shot jacking style popularized in recent years by the media and certain players. Maybe they can change their mentality, but I doubt it especially with a coach like Thibs who tolerates the Rose ISO ball style.

Budadiiii
05-03-2014, 03:56 PM
They've been friends since High School.

Would be nice to see Rose/Melo/Noah on the same team.

Real14
05-03-2014, 04:25 PM
not gonna happen.:no:

MellowYellow
05-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I honestly think Rose is just an east coast version of Westbrook.

Both are such similar style of players. Westbrook is a bit better on D and Rose can be a bit more efficient of a scorer when he decides to not go into super chuck mode like how he played in 09 and 10 but he has been in chuck mode since the beginning of the 2011 season, but overall they are similar styles.

Rose vs Westbrook:

*Both are mediocre from downtown yet still chuck from downtown to the detriment of their team...31% 4.6 3fg/g the last 3 seasons vs 30% 3.8 3fg/g the last 3 seasons. This is a sign that even with a more talent offensive cast Rose would still shot jack just like Westbrick does next to Durant.

*Both score with mediocre efficiency especially when you look at Rose from 2011 and beyond. They take a ton of shots to average only a modest amount of ppg.

*Both have a ball hog shot jacker type mentality instead of having a distributor small bball type style like a PG should have. Neither are gifted passers. Both are merely just undersized SGs playing PG.....6'3 190 vs 6'3 200

I have yet to see Rose play unselfish bball and judging by his shot selection I don't think he will. Even if you don't have much offensive help around you, ball movement is the solution for that, not Rose jacking up 20 low percentage shots per game including 5 three point attempts per game despite being a mediocre 3 point shooter....ISO ball is never the answer.. We have seen quite a few good pure PGs or ball movement schemes elevate the offensive game of team even when they didn't have that much offensive talent.

The same thing applies to Melo. Even if he doesn't have great offensive talents around him shot jacking is never the answer. Ball movement helps every player on the team out including the one with the offensive burden.

Not to mention none of them have experience playing off ball and I envision a situation where they merely just take turns shot jacking. It's not like they are Lebron and Wade, who both are great passers, team players, and adjusted to play as a team. I honestly think they will just take turns ISO balling and even if they do play team ball I don't exactly think they are anywhere as good scorers as everyone else thinks.

Boozer is bad on D, but Melo is pretty bad himself especially compared to Deng. Overall the defense would still be decent because of Noah and Gibson, both of whom are underrated, but the wing defense would be awful with Rose and Noah. Rose is a pretty poor defender. He gets lit up all the time.

What did Rose do this season when he had to ease back in from rust? He chucked it up like usual instead of understanding he needs to ease back in and playing ball movement.

Rose and Melo are a representation of how the style of play has become corrupted by the ISO me first ball hog shot jacking style popularized in recent years by the media and certain players. Maybe they can change their mentality, but I doubt it especially with a coach like Thibs who tolerates the Rose ISO ball style.

You are just regurgitating what you have heard about Melo and spitting it out at us without having watched Melo play the past two years. Just stop.

sportjames23
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM

Snark from a Bron stan?

LoneyROY7
05-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Melo to the Bulls is pretty much a forgone conclusion.

R.I.P.
05-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Derrick Rose/Augustin
Carmelo Anthony
Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah

That

smoovegittar
05-03-2014, 06:02 PM
The knicks aren't a rival of the bulls. The knicks didn't even make the playoffs in the worst east in years

Apparently, you've only started watching the NBA this year. Knicks made second round last year. Comment on your own team, please. :hammerhead:

smoovegittar
05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Great! I hope Noah's paying him too, because the Bulls are notoriously CHEAP.

You can go back to sleep now.........................:sleeping

05-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Lol after all the drama of Carmelo wanting to leave Denver in 2011 and ending up in NYC...and probably his wife lala pushing for this happen...

Carmelo will start the new melodrama this off season...

nightprowler10
05-03-2014, 06:26 PM

People forget how well Rose complemented KD in FIBA '10. He's not selfish by any stretch.

Springsteen
05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
It's a shame that the Knicks are potentially about to lose their best player since Patrick Ewing and a HOF-lock. Considering the details that leaked of that meeting between Jackson and Melo, this seems to make sense.

These will be the Knicks' "stars" for the 2014-2015 season :lol

http://i.imgur.com/BRtBLjy.jpg

FLDFSU
05-03-2014, 06:42 PM

What do you do if one of your friends is getting jumped by 3 guys? You get in and help him.

Its one thing to not be able to win a ring in a league without superteams but in the current NBA you need to be a superteam to beat a superteam.

:applause: Thank you for nicely summarizing why the Heat needed Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to defeat Allen, Pierce, KG, and Rondo. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Laker4Lyfe
05-03-2014, 06:44 PM

It worked for Ron Artest. :pimp:

Rubio2Gasol
05-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Good, Good, Keep Mirotic in Madrid one more year.

SilkkTheShocker
05-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Would be a great fit for him. But I have a hard time seeing him pass up on that max money the Knicks are going to give him.

Draz
05-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Exactly what I said.

LoneyROY7
05-03-2014, 07:07 PM
http://paonthefly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/carmelo-anthony-chicago-bulls.png

LosBulls
05-03-2014, 07:09 PM

I completely agree. Taj has shown he is a very capable scorer, but when you have Noah and Taj at the #1/#2 Priority on scoring other team's defenses are going to lock in on them.

If we have someone to take the focus off Taj and Noah and put it on himself, then Taj and Noah will get theirs.