PDA

View Full Version : Why did Kevin Durant play so well with his team on the brink of elimination?

Budadiiii
05-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Game 6 and 7 he absolutely crushed the Grizzlies.

It was crazy to watch. He honestly could've had much better raw numbers had the games not been blow outs.....

he made sure the Grizz were out of it before the 4th even started. These two games really did expose his true character.

Mr. Reliable.

Best game 7 performer in the NBA. :applause:

He'll be accepting his MVP trophy in about a week.

CelticBaller
05-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Where the LeBron* stans who were calling him a choker @?

Keno
05-03-2014, 11:02 PM
the real series was already over in 5 games.

rlsmooth775
05-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Game 6 and 7 he absolutely crushed the Grizzlies.

It was crazy to watch. He honestly could've had much better raw numbers had the games not been blow outs.....

he made sure the Grizz were out of it before the 4th even started. These two games really did expose his true character.

Mr. Reliable.

Best game 7 performer in the NBA. :applause:

He'll be accepting his MVP trophy in about a week.

You enjoy shock value we all know when someone is trolling

Budadiiii
05-03-2014, 11:06 PM
You enjoy shock value we all know when someone is trolling
Except for the part where everything I said was fact. :oldlol:

He crushed the Grizzlies. Durant so good he doesn't deserve a thread for his game 6 and 7?

I know he's the GOAT, but it's ok to give him some praise every now and again. You ****ers are desensitised to his greatness

sd3035
05-03-2014, 11:07 PM
He has that clutch gene, like Wade, Allen, MJ, DIrk, etc

ImKobe
05-03-2014, 11:08 PM
KD shows up in big games, bravo.

also Russ has been big the last 2 games. when KD & Russ are both hot, no one can stop OKC.

DMAVS41
05-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Props to KD for bouncing back with two quality games...

But, come on, lets be honest...straight up luck that series wasn't over in 5. He got the benefit of arguably the biggest bailout playoff win in the last 30 years in game 4.

Still has a lot to prove...

But I'm curious...are the Thunder still a fatally flawed team that can't win? Because it seems like when Durant/WB dont suck they are basically unstoppable...

Fudge
05-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Best duo in the league.

MVP

Best player in the world

King Kevin

We good, brah.

Budadiiii
05-03-2014, 11:10 PM

But, come on, lets be honest...straight up luck that series wasn't over in 5. He got the benefit of arguably the biggest bailout playoff win in the last 30 years in game 4.

But I'm curious...are the Thunder still a fatally flawed team that can't win? Because it seems like when Durant/WB dont suck they are basically unstoppable...
Yeah, cause we all know Memphis would have won game 5 had they been up 3-1. :rolleyes:

What do you mean they should have won? How? What does that even mean? Because they didn't close game 4?

Such a stupid thing to say.

SpecialQue
05-03-2014, 11:12 PM
This is not a question. This is dick-sucking disguised as a question.

DMAVS41
05-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Yeah, cause we all know Memphis would have won game 5 had they been up 3-1. :rolleyes:

What do you mean they should have won? How? What does that even mean? Because they didn't close game 4?

You are talking about an individual player and how "he" played...and the way Durant played in game 4 should have historically resulted in a loss....and going down 3-1 would have been a death sentence in this series.

I'm not going to ignore that when evaluating an individual player...you are just factoring in his team strength too heavily there. Very few players in NBA history as superstars have the luxury of playing a road playoff game like that in a crucial spot and winning. In fact, it's only happened like a handful of times in 30 years.

russwest0
05-03-2014, 11:14 PM
LeBron stans judge clutch play by the first 3 quarters and early games of a series apparently.

JT123
05-03-2014, 11:14 PM

No one will ever forget Durbitch standing in the corner and getting bailed out by Reggie Jackson in game 4. :oldlol: Asterisk series for KD and company.

russwest0
05-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Has LeBron ever gotten just 6 FT's in an elimination game?

Durant doing work without needing the refs to suck his dick :applause:

edrick
LeBron stans judge clutch play by the first 3 quarters and early games of a series apparently.

I know you're just as dumb as OP, but:

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LeBron-Game-7-Shots-GIF.gif

anything KD has done.

Budadiiii
You are talking about an individual player and how "he" played...and the way Durant played in game 4 should have historically resulted in a loss....and going down 3-1 would have been a death sentence in this series.

I'm not going to ignore that when evaluating an individual player...you are just factoring in his team strength too heavily there. Very few players in NBA history as superstars have the luxury of playing a road playoff game like that in a crucial spot and winning. In fact, it's only happened like a handful of times in 30 years.
The series wasn't gonna end that night regardless so it's all speculation what would've happened game 5. We saw Houston come a Lillard 3 away from forcing a game 7 at home.

You don't think OKC could have?

Durant had 4 good games. It only takes 4 to win a series.

BlackVVaves
05-03-2014, 11:17 PM

Not unstoppable, but probably the most dynamic team in the league.

Problem is, how often do they play like this in the post-season? Look at the 2012 Spurs series. Played very unselfish, and moved the ball fluently from games 3-6. Then, immediately after in the Finals, everted back to ISO mode.

It starts with Westbrook. KD is the team's best player, but the point guard is the extension of the coach and floor general. When WB shoots more than 20 times in a game in the playoffs, OKC is 12-16. When he shoots less than 20 times, they are 18-6....

DMAVS41
05-03-2014, 11:18 PM
No one will ever forget Durbitch standing in the corner and getting bailed out by Reggie Jackson in game 4. :oldlol: Asterisk series for KD and company.

Just put context in...it's not all or nothing. Can't just focus on the bad...just like we can't just focus on the good. Durant deserves credit and props for coming out forceful in games 6 and 7...

Just like he deserves quite a bit of criticism for games 2 through 5...

We should take it all in...and objective fans know that the Thunder came within a fall away Reggie Jackson 3 down 5 in game 4....and a dominant performance from him...from going down 3-1

And in my personal opinion...that would have been a death sentence against a team like the Grizzlies.

DMAVS41
05-03-2014, 11:21 PM
The series wasn't gonna end that night regardless so it's all speculation what would've happened game 5. We saw Houston come a Lillard 3 away from forcing a game 7 at home.

You don't think OKC could have?

Durant had 4 good games. It only takes 4 to win a series.

Okay...and he only had a chance at those 4 games because of his team. If you are going to take this to comparing him to other players...etc. Have to mention all that.

If it's just a broad statement that KD is good...yea...totally agree.

But the way he played in games 4 and 5 concerns me...not to mention the Thunder lucked the **** out with the Randolph suspension

I mean...again, context on this shit...

In 2 of those 4 wins you are talking about KD had the Jackson bailout game and then no Randolph....you really expect people to ignore that?

Droid101
05-03-2014, 11:24 PM

As tired as I am of hearing the cocky OKC fan replies, this one is actually very true. LeFraud.

J Shuttlesworth
05-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Where the LeBron* stans who were calling him a choker @?
right here:
http://i.imgur.com/OuHNoRs.png

http://i.imgur.com/tWvSo0r.png

nzahir
05-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Best duo in the league.

MVP

2nd Best player in the world

Servant Kevin

We good, brah.

tpols
05-03-2014, 11:32 PM
memphis was burnt out in this game.. that 10 pt lead they built was the last punch left. The refs did get OKC back in the game although they woulda won anyways.

Overall KD had a very average series.. shoulda lost early on actually if memphis didnt suck at closing games.

eriX
05-03-2014, 11:33 PM
right here:

exposed :applause:

dubeta
05-04-2014, 09:06 PM
All rational bball fans, please don't attempt to reason with Durant stans at this moment. They are still currently undergoing post traumatic stress disorder after witnessing Durant's hilarious choke job, and thus may say some outlandish things, such as Durant not being a choker, being alpha, and deserving to even be compared to LeBron.

Please do not attack their weak minds as the were already close to jumping off a cliff after Gm 5 and thus are prone to suicidal actions at this time.

PickernRoller
05-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I know you're just as dumb as OP, but:

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LeBron-Game-7-Shots-GIF.gif

anything KD has done.

Look at that space....not even a contest...

The only thing noteworthy in this gift is that he actually had the balls to take the jumper instead of passing the ball like previous games in that series.

dubeta
05-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Look at that space....not even a contest...

The only thing noteworthy in this gift is that he actually had the balls to take the jumper instead of passing the ball like previous games in that series.

Not sure if trolling or mentally deficient. The gif does not show all the defenders that were on LeBron, therefore inaccurate representation of space given

SilkkTheShocker
05-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Durant fans still trying to convince themselves they're going to win a title. Cute. :oldlol:

PickernRoller
05-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Not sure if trolling or mentally deficient. The gif does not show all the defenders that were on LeBron, therefore inaccurate representation of space given

If you actually saw the game...this gif is based on the mid-range jumper Lebron hit with Leonard "contesting". All the other Lebrons were added. So yes I am correct. Youtube it. Regardless, he was open for most of those shots...aka baited to take them.

ArbitraryWater
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
right here:

I remember that... good times. When Grizzlies fcuked OKC

SilkkTheShocker
05-04-2014, 09:16 PM

You know LeBron has the highest PPG avg in elimination games, right? :lol

LongLiveTheKing
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Cause ZBO was out.

Kingwillball
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Best duo in the league.

MVP

Best player in the world

King Kevin

We good, brah.

So funny a week ago u bailed on dude and series now happily back on bandwagon too bad we all know OKC just prolonged there fate they are a flawed team cause they dont play as a team especially when they are not front running.