PDA

View Full Version : So wait, in the second round of the Western Conference...

russwest0
05-04-2014, 03:01 AM
We have two teams facing who would both be the #1 seed out East.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Has this ever happened before?

russwest0
05-04-2014, 03:06 AM
Also, Western Conference :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Spokelahoma
05-04-2014, 03:10 AM
so much talent. and i also respect every team in the western conference playoffs this year. good time to be a fan :bowdown: :bowdown:

JT123
05-04-2014, 03:11 AM
Also, Western Conference :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I don't think the Thunder and Clippers would have done as well if they were in a conference that actually plays defense. All season long I kept hearing about how the Warriors were one of the West's best defensive teams, yet they continually allowed the Clippers to score 120 + points in their series. :lol

oarabbus
05-04-2014, 03:12 AM
The East is so pathetic. I'm fcuking crushed right now after tonights game. But I can sleep happy knowing we are a finals team out East. In fact, I think every West 1st round exit feels the same way

SyRyanYang
05-04-2014, 03:14 AM
I don't think the Thunder and Clippers would have done as well if they were in a conference that actually plays defense. All season long I kept hearing about how the Warriors were one of the West's best defensive teams, yet they continually allowed the Clippers to score 120 + points in their series. :lol

But who was Bogut?:confusedshrug:

Warfan
05-04-2014, 03:14 AM

Yeah, imagine what the clippers would've done if the warriors defensive anchor was out, oh wait he fukcing was

JT123
05-04-2014, 03:16 AM
The East is so pathetic. I'm fcuking crushed right now after tonights game. But I can sleep happy knowing we are a finals team out East. In fact, I think every West 1st round exit feels the same way
You guys would not win a series against the Heat, not with Steph "the human turnover machine" running your offense anyway. :lol
You guys might make the ECF though.

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 03:16 AM
1-10 in the West would shit on every team in the East save for Miami without question.

oarabbus
05-04-2014, 03:17 AM
You guys would not win a series against the Heat, not with Steph "the human turnover machine" running your offense anyway. :lol
You guys might make the ECF though.

1st rd exist in West = ECF confirmed

Not to mention we embarassed the Heat in Miami :coleman:

Smook A.
05-04-2014, 03:17 AM
Definitely.

It Rockets were in the East it'd probably be Heat vs Rockets in the ECF. I think Rockets can beat the Pacers. Same for the Warriors

JT123
05-04-2014, 03:24 AM
1st rd exist in West = ECF confirmed

Not to mention we embarassed the Heat in Miami :coleman:
Embarrassed is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think. :coleman: All I know is we beat you guys at Oracle without Wade! :rockon:
I live in the Bay Area, so I have watched the Warriors a lot this year. I believe their play by play announcer Bob Fitzgerald said the Warriors had the worst home record against the East of all the Western playoff teams. You guys got blown out at home by the Bobcats for crying out loud, so please don't act as if you would own the conference. :no:

Project018
05-04-2014, 03:27 AM
We have two teams facing who would both be the #1 seed out East.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Has this ever happened before?

Stop complaining about it already

Kiddlovesnets
05-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Well it has happened before, in 2003 both Mavericks(60-22) and Kings(59-23) could be the top seed if they were in Eastern Conference, with the East top seed Pistons being 50-32.

Im so nba'd out
05-04-2014, 03:32 AM
we all know the heat are going to win it all who are we kidding

Threethrows
05-04-2014, 03:32 AM

The myth of east teams being defensive beasts is only because east teams can't play any offense bruh

their defensive stats get inflated

russwest0
05-04-2014, 03:34 AM
The myth of east teams being defensive beasts is only because east teams can't play any offense bruh

Someone who has actual common sense :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

people call them "defensive beasts" yet they never wanna post the East's record vs the West :lol

J Shuttlesworth
05-04-2014, 03:41 AM
All of the "Leastern conference" talk reeks of insecurity about the Heat winning a chip this year. I can already see the haters lining up with excuses :roll:

russwest0
05-04-2014, 03:42 AM
All of the "Leastern conference" talk reeks of insecurity about the Heat winning a chip this year. I can already see the haters lining up with excuses :roll:

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Who said shit about the Heat?

Sounds like you're the only insecure one here brah

J Shuttlesworth
05-04-2014, 03:42 AM
Heat actually have a better win % against the West than the East. Also the 2nd best record in the league against teams over .500... That's the only team that matters in the East anyway.

J Shuttlesworth
05-04-2014, 03:43 AM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Who said shit about the Heat?

Sounds like you're the only insecure one here brah
Eastern conference living in your heads 24/7... and there's only one team you really think about in the east :roll:

oarabbus
05-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Eastern conference living in your heads 24/7... and there's only one team you really think about in the east :roll:

You right about that though. And for real that's the problem man. When you guys are the ONLY real team in the East it's a problem. B1tch ass Pacers can't even make it 25% real out East.

At least when LeBron went apesh1t and dropped 45 on the C's it was good. At least the Cs were good.

J Shuttlesworth
05-04-2014, 03:46 AM
You right about that though. And for real that's the problem man. When you guys are the ONLY real team in the East it's a problem.
It's a problem... but whose fault?

The Knicks
The Nets
Injuries (Rose, Horford, Jefferson)
The Pacers

If these teams were playing anywhere up to their potential, or not riddled by injuries, it wouldn't seem nearly so lopsided

russwest0
05-04-2014, 03:49 AM
and there's only one team you really think about in the east

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 03:58 AM

http://www.achieverspoint.com/article_image/cakewalk.jpg

MMM
05-04-2014, 04:21 AM
When Boston, Cleveland and Orlando were 60 plus winning teams

or when Detroit and Boston had a better record than anyone out west

or when Chicago and Miami were elite people still found a way to bash the East.

All these hypothetical scenarios of lower seeded West teams doing well in the East is total nonsense. Playoffs are about match ups and there is little reliable information to base hypothetical 7 game series when the match ups play only twice a year.

Phoenix for example has no playoffs experience yet every other day you hear they would win vs. certain east teams. We have no idea about their playoff abilities but just because they are from the West they seem like they would be ECF contenders to some. Seems far fetched to me.

MMM
05-04-2014, 04:29 AM

Maybe this is right but maybe the offensive numbers are deflated due for playing better defenses.

Myth or not teams in the East tend to play less of an open style compared to the west. Games are generally more half court oriented while teams out west do seem to have more of 7 seconds or less approach.

With that being said it does seem like some of the philosophy that were generated out west are trickling out East.

brain drain
05-04-2014, 04:39 AM
NBA should abolish conferences and demote at least half of the eastern teams to the NBDL. If they cry about it, they can also be offered to transfer to the WNBA instead.

That would instantly accomplish the following things:

- roll back expansion to a point where it's guaranteed that each team has sufficient player quality
- increase the average quality of regular season games
- remove games against pointless leastern teams from the reg season schedule, allowing good teams to rest instead and be at their best in their next game against a worthy opponent
- increase the avg quality of the first playoff rounds, ensuring more competitive series
- bring some well known names into the NBDL and WNBA, which should boost their attendances

So basically, it would be good for everyone. Leastern demotion is the way to go! :rockon: :rockon:

Black Mamba's B
05-04-2014, 04:46 AM
1-10 in the West would shit on every team in the East save for Miami without question.
:applause:

mistergreens
05-04-2014, 07:57 AM
You assume you beat the Heat?

miles berg
05-04-2014, 08:55 AM
It's not a myth, the East sucks. Miami is the only team in the East that could win a series against any of the West teams.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-04-2014, 08:57 AM

WC fans and their moral victories :lol

ArbitraryWater
05-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Definitely.

It Rockets were in the East it'd probably be Heat vs Rockets in the ECF. I think Rockets can beat the Pacers. Same for the Warriors

You THINK Rockets can beat Pacers? That'd be a sweep for y'all :lol

UK2K
05-04-2014, 10:57 AM
You THINK Rockets can beat Pacers? That'd be a sweep for y'all :lol
Did you watch the Rockets absolutely embarrass them the last time they met?

Lebronxrings
05-04-2014, 11:02 AM
the east is underrated. Sure we have terrible teams like the hawks and pacers, but we have alot of teams that would beat western conference teams. Raptors, nets, and wizards would beat any team in the west not named okc, spurs or maybe clippers.

ArbitraryWater
05-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Did you watch the Rockets absolutely embarrass them the last time they met?

I just said the Rockets would sweep them...

JustinJDW
05-04-2014, 02:38 PM
the east is underrated. Sure we have terrible teams like the hawks and pacers, but we have alot of teams that would beat western conference teams. Raptors, nets, and wizards would beat any team in the west not named okc, spurs or maybe clippers.Wizards and Raptors beating Rockets, Blazers, Grizz and Warriors in a series? Gotta disagree bruh, especially on Grizz and Warriors. These guys were a game away from knocking CP3, Griffin, Durant (MVP) and Westbrook out of the Playoffs, and you're telling me they would fall to Derozan, Wall and Beal? I know it's not all about players but come on son. Ask Mark Jackson, McHale and Joerger who'd they rather be tasked to stop in the first round if they had a choice. West shits on the East right now.

alanLA92
05-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Well it has happened before, in 2003 both Mavericks(60-22) and Kings(59-23) could be the top seed if they were in Eastern Conference, with the East top seed Pistons being 50-32.

Lakers were 50-32 that year. Don't remember the hth tiebreakers but they would prob been top seed from the East as well.

Leftimage
05-04-2014, 03:29 PM
The East is so pathetic. I'm fcuking crushed right now after tonights game. But I can sleep happy knowing we are ECF Heat fodder out East. In fact, I think every West 1st round exit feels the same way

FTFY

SilkkTheShocker
05-04-2014, 03:31 PM
It's probably going to sting extra hard once Miami wins the Finals again