PDA

View Full Version : Did Dwight Howard make the wrong choice in going to Houston?

russwest0
05-04-2014, 04:35 AM
How would the Warriors have done in the playoffs with Dwight? The Mavericks? The Lakers?

Did he make the correct choice?

PG: Curry
SG: Klay
SF: Iguodala
PF: Lee
C: Dwight

PG: Calderon
SG: Ellis
SF: Marion
PF: Dirk

Both look like contenders IMO. The Mavs especially would have been sick since he would have been a steroids version of Tyson Chandler when they had him. But the Warriors as well... they would have been a steroids version of the Magic w/Dwight that made the Finals.

And now the word is the Rockets are keeping McHale which means the Rockets likely won't win anything significant next year, either.

Where should Dwight have gone?

VengefulAngel
05-04-2014, 04:42 AM
Dallas

roffie
05-04-2014, 04:42 AM
on warriors would be quite scary

Black Mamba's B
05-04-2014, 04:44 AM
Wouldn't want the guy to be a poison on my other team. Dallas would have been a good fit for him

russwest0
05-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Wouldn't want the guy to be a poison on my other team. Dallas would have been a good fit for him

Agreed that Dwight is a team cancer in general but he earned back a LITTLE (not much though) of my respect in the Rockets/Blazers series by manning up and playing to his potential.

DCL
05-04-2014, 04:46 AM
maybe he just ain't got it. he ain't 30ppg. he ain't "get me buckets anytime" like hakeem or shaq. he's just on a level that's very good but not good enough to completely dominate and win.

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2014, 04:48 AM
he made the wrong choice by leaving the lakers for greener pastures and less pressure/spotlight. not important where did he go. the move had shortcut and beta written all over it.

russwest0
05-04-2014, 04:49 AM
maybe he just ain't got it. he ain't 30ppg. he ain't "get me buckets anytime" like hakeem or shaq. he's just on a level that's very good but not good enough to completely dominate and win.

He could of won a championship this year if he chose Dallas and was willing to take a backseat on offense and focus in on defense and rebounding.

Black Mamba's B
05-04-2014, 04:50 AM
Agreed that Dwight is a team cancer in general but he earned back a LITTLE (not much though) of my respect in the Rockets/Blazers series by manning up and playing to his potential.
He beasted that series for his standards. The last game especially, he was ballin I can't hate. He should be doing that every night

ABfor3
05-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Dwight made the right choice, Houston has history with great big men Hakeem, Yao, Moses, Elvis Hayes etc..he looks happier than he did in LA, can't fault the guy for Tryna finish his career on a good note

Smook A.
05-04-2014, 04:52 AM
Definitely not. I think Warriors would've been the 2nd best choice for him though.

With Dallas, it would have been good too but let's face it, Dirk has got like 2-3 years left and if Dwight doesn't win a championship in those 2-3 years (if he signed with Dallas) then what is gonna do after that?

Rockets are a young team. Harden is 24, Lin is 25, Parsons is 25, Jones is 23, and Dwight is also young. He's only 28. The Rockets will learn from the loss to the Blazers. I think next year they'll come back even stronger and better than ever.

Im Still Ballin
05-04-2014, 04:53 AM
warriors with dwight woulda been a 60 win team and beaten clips

russwest0
05-04-2014, 05:02 AM
warriors with dwight woulda been a 60 win team and beaten clips

True but I question them winning it all with Jackson running things and them overall playing too reckless on offense. They turn the ball over too much and force too many bad shots in close games.

I still like him on the Mavericks.

They'd have a top 5 closer in Dirk, the 3pt floor spacing with Calderon, Harris, and Carter. The defense would be there with Carlislie's system being anchored by Dwight... That team wouldn't turn the ball over much, could dictate things on both ends of the floor, have the championship experience, have the 2nd best coach in this league, (maybe even the best...?) have the guys who can get hot from 3, have the great system, have the ice cold closer... that team would just be nasty.

Damn. I know he wanted to go on a younger team but it's like Mark Cuban said. You invest in the organization. Morey and McHale may be gone next year.

KrizMiz
05-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Wherever he goes, it's the wrong team - this is his destiny, no championship, hated by many

JohnFreeman
05-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Should have stayed in ORL

Number24
05-04-2014, 06:07 AM
How would the Warriors have done in the playoffs with Dwight? The Mavericks? The Lakers?

Did he make the correct choice?

PG: Curry
SG: Klay
SF: Iguodala
PF: Lee

PG: Calderon
SG: Ellis
SF: Marion
PF: Dirk

Both look like contenders IMO. The Mavs especially would have been sick since he would have been a steroids version of Tyson Chandler when they had him. But the Warriors as well... they would have been a steroids version of the Magic w/Dwight that made the Finals.

And now the word is the Rockets are keeping McHale which means the Rockets likely won't win anything significant next year, either.

Where should Dwight have gone?

You almost made it look like Dwight was in a search for a team that could help him win a ring rather than him helping the team...Just sayin:confusedshrug: