PDA

View Full Version : Russel Westbrook or Damian Lillard

PistonsFan#21
05-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Who's the better player and who would you rather have on your team?

LoneyROY7
05-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Westbrook has a higher ceiling if he's playing the way he can, but I'll take Damian Lillard on my team.

Lillard is a much smarter player and he's a dead-eye shooter in the clutch.

Le Shaqtus
05-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Only two thing Westbrook has on Lillard is athleticism and defense.

So I'm taking Lillard.

zoom17
05-04-2014, 08:30 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibh8X09Fwh3gdO.gif

greymatter
05-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Lillard is only a sophomore and is still developing as a player. He's obviously had a better learning curve thus far when compared to Westbrook' first 2 seasons.

Given that Westbrook has ego issues that draw comparisons to Steve Francis, I'd be comfortable in saying that I like Lillard's chances of becoming a superior player.

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2014, 08:46 PM
gimme DLil

TheMarkMadsen
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
D Lil gets his and keeps his teammates involved consistently.

veilside23
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Lillard for me ...

Inferno
05-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Lillard if he can improve his defense

JimmyMcAdocious
05-04-2014, 09:31 PM

So I'm taking Lillard.

You say athleticism like it's merely run and jump, or that he's Rudy Gay (as an athlete) and not Russell Westbrook.

Westbrook is quite possibly the best athlete in the NBA and that athleticism allows him to reel triple doubles and average 22/7/6, even with all his faults. It's why he's one of the best rebounding guards, one of the best at thefts, how he gets to the line better than almost everyone, and so on. But yeah, he also can run real fast and jump real high.

bagelred
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Whichever guy had the better game most recently....isn't that how it works?

comerb
05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
ISH constantly overrating players who make a few plays in the clutch. Same thing happened with Rose.

When you look at minute per minute production, Lilard is not better than Westbrook and the gap is pretty notable.

moe94
05-04-2014, 09:43 PM
So one series and all of a sudden Lillard is the best PG in the game. Cool story.

Genaro
05-04-2014, 09:44 PM

So I'm taking Lillard.
And you said like those things are minor skills and not what makes WB better than Lillard :oldlol:

Except for 3pt shooting Lillard has nothing on WB. Gimme WB any day of the week.

JohnFreeman
05-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Lillard, he is not an idiot.

KG215
05-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Or, in this case, apparently the one who hit a game winner. Huge shot from Lillard, and he was good in the series albeit against a Rockets team that doesn't play much defense. Either way, I'm just surprised that every post in this thread (so far) has said Lillard. Westbrook is the better player right now. That may not be the case in the future, but right now it is.

RoseCity07
05-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I think Lillard would be a better pair for KD if that makes sense. He has no problem passing the ball. Good sense of when to shoot and when to pass. Can playoff ball. Never pouts like Westbrook.

Westbrook is a more consistent player and more dominant. Lillard is all about winning.

RoseCity07
05-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Or, in this case, apparently the one who hit a game winner. Huge shot from Lillard, and he was good in the series albeit against a Rockets team that doesn't play much defense. Either way, I'm just surprised that every post in this thread (so far) has said Lillard. Westbrook is the better player right now. That may not be the case in the future, but right now it is.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Wow. Just wow. After all this hype about Beverley going to shutdown Lillard and how Lin can contain Lillard with ease. Not to mention Dwight and Asik are elite defenders in the paint. Now all of a sudden he did this against scrubs.

Worst post of the year by far.

Le Shaqtus
05-04-2014, 10:02 PM
You say athleticism like it's merely run and jump, or that he's Rudy Gay (as an athlete) and not Russell Westbrook.

Westbrook is quite possibly the best athlete in the NBA and that athleticism allows him to reel triple doubles and average 22/7/6, even with all his faults. It's why he's one of the best rebounding guards, one of the best at thefts, how he gets to the line better than almost everyone, and so on. But yeah, he also can run real fast and jump real high.

Given all that I still take Lillard. Westbrook's attitude is too shitty and emotional to ever be a real threat. Plus his shooting is ass.

buddha
05-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Damian Lillard is so overrated now it isn't even funny. The kid hits a few clutch shots and all of sudden he is a legend.

Let's forget that he is terribly inefficient, let's forget he is one of the worst defenders in the league, let's forget he isn't that great of a passer, but hey, he can shoot threes! TOP 3 PG no doubt about it.

Relinquish
05-04-2014, 10:08 PM

Everyone is saying Lillard yet Westbrook yesterday had a triple double on 60% shooting. It was a good attempt though. :applause: :confusedshrug:

zoom17
05-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Damian Lillard is so overrated now it isn't even funny. The kid hits a few clutch shots and all of sudden he is a legend.

Let's forget that he is terribly inefficient, let's forget he is one of the worst defenders in the league, let's forget he isn't that great of a passer, but hey, he can shoot threes! TOP 3 PG no doubt about it.

knee jerk reactions:lol

Inferno
05-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Well, I put Lillard with the stipulation that he improves his defense :confusedshrug: He's more efficient and can play off-ball more easily, so I'd prefer him, but not right now with the huge gap in defense

Lillard's 3 point shooting and ability to draw fouls actually makes him more efficient than most guards. 56% TS. If he can improve his rim finishing (which he was near the end of the season) he can be really scary.

Relinquish
05-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Well he did average 26/7/6 on 47/49/88. :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
05-04-2014, 10:16 PM

He's been hitting clutch shots his entire career. The playoffs are just confirming what we all already knew

Both are Kobe disciples tho

KG215
05-04-2014, 10:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Wow. Just wow. After all this hype about Beverley going to shutdown Lillard and how Lin can contain Lillard with ease. Not to mention Dwight and Asik are elite defenders in the paint. Now all of a sudden he did this against scrubs.

Worst post of the year by far.
Right. All the bullshit that's posted on here every day, including quite a few awful posts from you, and this is the "worst post of the year by far." Hyperbole much?

Where did I say he played against the scrubs. I'm sorry if my wording was wrong or confusing. The Rockets this year weren't awful defensively like they were last year but, for the most part, they still don't play great defense. I think their biggest problem more than anything is consistency on that end of the floor.

Qwyjibo
05-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Westbrook is the better overall player. If I was starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take him. There are some cases where Lillard would be a better fit though. If your team badly needed perimeter shooting.

imdaman99
05-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Lillard is the better shooter but give me Westbrook 10 times out of 10. His tenacity and desire to win is 2nd to none.

tgan3
05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Lilard is a true floor general. Its not like lilard's not athletic anyways, (for people taking westbrook because of athleticism). Plus, Lilard has a shot and is super clutch.

LongLiveTheKing
05-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Give me Westbrook. :applause:

ThunderKat
05-04-2014, 11:20 PM
I would like Lillard off the bench for us lol. They are both very talented. Westbrook just has the experience. Westbrook has so much tenacity and athletic ability.. I am biased, though.

roffie
05-04-2014, 11:32 PM
if i was starting a new franchise i'll take westbrook.. but if i had to choose one to pair up someone like kd/lma i wud take lillard

westbrook has the mentality of a franchise player.. not so much as a side kick

dabigbaws
05-04-2014, 11:40 PM
wtf? westbrook.

Inferno
05-04-2014, 11:41 PM
if i was starting a new franchise i'll take westbrook.. but if i had to choose one to pair up someone like kd/lma i wud take lillard

This is probably the best answer. However, I do think Lillard could be a franchise player too.

Budadiiii
05-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Another of these threads.

Westbrook is undefeated.

DirkNowitzki41
05-05-2014, 12:13 AM
westbrook, easily.

Adrenalynn
05-05-2014, 12:32 AM
This is the Omen's 2nd year in the league, he's the real deal and a true team player. Westbrick is a talent, but his basketball IQ and selfish personality will never win the chip as the main guy.

russwest0
05-05-2014, 12:33 AM

:lol That shit was great. Westbrook owning Lillard.

russwest0
05-05-2014, 12:34 AM
This is the Omen's 2nd year in the league, he's the real deal and a true team player. Westbrick is a talent, but his basketball IQ and selfish personality will never win the chip as the main guy.

Call me when Lillard gets a triple double in a game seven and then two years later in another game seven drops 27/16/10 on 60% shooting.

Adrenalynn
05-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Call me when Lillard gets a triple double in a game seven and then two years later in another game seven drops 27/16/10 on 60% shooting.

Originally Posted by russwest0

I mean, I'm not racist but if you gave me a button to press that would wipe out all of the black people in this world? Shit....

Pretty harsh bro, we all know what you was trying to say :facepalm btw, Dame made sure there was no need for a game 7.

Inferno
05-05-2014, 12:43 AM
:lol That shit was great. Westbrook owning Lillard.

I'm pretty sure Lillard had a better game than WB doe

VIntageNOvel
05-05-2014, 12:48 AM
damn man, this is tough choice,

both alpha as fkc,
one is cold blooded, the other doesnt give a fkc,

its like kobe is splitted into 2 people
one get the clutch gene while the other get the warrior blood

bdreason
05-05-2014, 12:55 AM
Gimme Lillard. Mainly because he's younger and I don't trust Westbrook's knees.

bdreason
05-05-2014, 12:57 AM

I like Westbrook, but he isn't taking a team anywhere as a franchise player.

SilkkTheShocker
05-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Westbrook is the dumbest player in the league and has knee problems already.

Svendiggity
05-05-2014, 01:01 AM

Inefficient? he takes like 4 shots a quarter and scores 20 points a game.

Draz
05-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Lillard everyday of the week

Lebron23
05-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Damian Lillard

ABfor3
05-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Knee jerk thread, Westbrook is better but Lillard is going to be something special .

konex
05-05-2014, 01:08 AM
I'd rather have Dame but Russ is an athletic freak

russwest0
05-05-2014, 01:12 AM
I hope all of these people picking Lillard get to see both players go at it in the WCF.

SilkkTheShocker
05-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Which one do you trust more at the end of game? Westbrook can be clutch, but he is also a god awful decision maker. He legit might be mentally retarded.

Milbuck
05-05-2014, 01:20 AM
When Westbrook is playing with control, which he has done several times this season, he's CLEARLY the best point guard in the game. I'd take Westbrook now and probably for the next 4-5 years, but Lillard after that. Athleticism doesn't last. Shooting ability does, and Lillard is one of the best in the league at it.

BigMacAttack
05-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Dame Lillard.

Is Westbrook wasnt a ****en idiot then this would be a no braier really.

iznogood
05-05-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm pretty sure he's saying "'cause I'm about to get ______", I can't make his last word though.

russwest0
05-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Only ISH, where being better at shooting the 3 pointer and worse at everything else makes you better :roll: :roll: :roll:

Le Shaqtus
05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
I'll ask take the guy that doesn't take pull up jumpers with 20 seconds left on the shot clock every 5 possessions because he thinks he can make them all :lol

Svendiggity
05-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Lillard has a better sense of when to take over a game, when to be a playmaker and when to let other player shine. His game adapts to whatever is going on in that particular game or moment. Those qualities make this debate close, even with Westbrook's ability to dominate.

You can't go wrong with either but I prefer Lillard. He spreads the floor out with his range, giving other players more room to work and someone to kick it to when they get doubled. And he's got the mental toughness, poise, and leadership skills that some of these young guards lack.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-05-2014, 02:54 AM
Which one do you trust more at the end of game? Westbrook can be clutch, but he is also a god awful decision maker. He legit might be mentally retarded.
End of game 4 2012 still makes me crack up, especially when he gets that 'what's wrong guys?' look on his face after his ****up

BlackVVaves
05-05-2014, 03:02 AM

Well he did average 26/7/6 on 47/49/88. :confusedshrug:

Yikes

All Net
05-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Lillard ceiling is higher.. Can't teach being clutch

navy
05-05-2014, 03:32 AM

Lillards ceilings is higher than Westbrook a triple double machine mini Lebron James?

:biggums:

"Clutch" is subjective as fvck.

LoneyROY7
05-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Lillards ceilings is higher than Westbrook a triple double machine mini Lebron James?

Mini LeBron James? There's honestly nothing similar between LeBron and Westbrook.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Mini LeBron James? There's honestly nothing similar between LeBron and Westbrook.

Those two are usually mentioned when talking about the best athlete in the NBA.

JohnFreeman
05-05-2014, 03:52 AM
Those two are usually mentioned when talking about the best athlete in the NBA.
Which means nothing with a bball IQ like Westbrooks

navy
05-05-2014, 03:58 AM

Athletically they are very similar. Westbrook would be wise to take after Lebron's game physically and mentally. He wont though. More pull up bricks can be expected.

KDthunderup
05-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Westbrook ain't clutch? Also Westbrook is less then 2 years older then Lillard, he isnt your true 2nd year player, he is much more developed then that.

becken
05-05-2014, 07:19 AM
westbrook

KDthunderup
05-05-2014, 07:21 AM
ISH constantly overrating players who make a few plays in the clutch. Same thing happened with Rose.

When you look at minute per minute production, Lilard is not better than Westbrook and the gap is pretty notable.
/thread

becken
05-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Lillard for me ...

KDthunderup
05-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Just look at the recent H2H matchups, its not even really a debate. Even Reggie Jackson outperformed him h2h

roffie
05-05-2014, 07:32 AM
I like Westbrook, but he isn't taking a team anywhere as a franchise player.

of course westbrook won't be bringing home any chips but put him on a team like the jazz right now hell be dropping some big lines

SHABBA
05-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Ridiculous thread.

PistonsFan#21
05-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Ridiculous thread.

yea thats why the votes look like they are about even for both sides :rolleyes:

russwest0
05-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Athletically they are very similar. Westbrook would be wise to take after Lebron's game physically and mentally. He wont though. More pull up bricks can be expected.

And if LeBron had a pull up shot as good as Westbrook's is then he'd be a way scarier player. It goes both ways.

All Net
05-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Mini Lebron? What? :oldlol:

dunksby
05-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Not even comparable, Westbrook has had the best postseason success/performance ratio among all point guards in the league. Only Tony Parker can boast of a recent finals run but even he cannot match Westbrook's production.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-05-2014, 08:00 AM
And if LeBron had a pull up shot as good as Westbrook's is then he'd be a way scarier player. It goes both ways.
Except one is the best in the world with a shot at being top 3 all time and the other is Russel Westbrook
And also, shut up freshkid.

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Russel Westbrook and its not even close
yal are basing this all off Lillards play against Houston 1st round
Westbrook is the best PG int he league

Le Shaqtus
05-05-2014, 10:46 AM

Westbrooks pull up jumper is complete asscheeks, his percentages are dog shit.

russwest0
05-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Box score scouters :facepalm

HoopsFanNumero1
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
This clown's seriously using Westbrook's pull-up jumpers as an argument in his favor :roll:

k0kakw0rld
05-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Westbrook and it's not even close.

GOATBROOk plays with a scared bitch and a terrible coach. :confusedshrug:

Le Shaqtus
05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Box score scouters :facepalm

Who wants to WATCH Westbrook brick jumpers all game?

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Who wants to WATCH Westbrook brick jumpers all game?

Westbrook does everything better then Lillard besides shooting
Rebounds
Scores
Passes
Energy
Defense

what else?

Svendiggity
05-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Westbrook does everything better then Lillard besides shooting
Rebounds
Scores
Passes
Energy
Defense

what else?

decision making
composure
leadership
range
unselfishness
intelligence

and wth? Westbrook doesn't shoot or pass better. He turns the ball over twice as much and takes jumpshots that ruin the flow of the offense.

imdaman99
05-05-2014, 12:43 PM
decision making
composure
leadership
range
unselfishness
intelligence

and wth? Westbrook doesn't shoot or pass better. He turns the ball over twice as much and takes jumpshots that ruin the flow of the offense.
Flow of the offense? There's a flow of offense in OKC? Since when?

If Westbrook had a legitimate post up thread on OKC, he would be beasting ala Kobe did with Shaq. Game 7 Westbrook is what you would see, I saw plenty of composure and great decision making and leadership and 16 assists is unselfishness as it gets. OK 7 turnovers, sure. Who was the last guy in the playoffs to have a quadruple double with 10+ turnovers? Oh, it was Magic Johnson. No leadership there.

russwest0
05-05-2014, 12:45 PM
so now lillard is a better leader and more intelligent than westbrook?

the **** are people smoking on here. must all be coming from espn or some sit

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 12:45 PM
decision making
composure
leadership
range
unselfishness
intelligence

composure -_- leadership?
LMA is there leader not Lillard
unselfishness??
Westbrook averages more assist then him
and intelligence?
Westbrook plays iso ball so much homie
he creates most of his own shots and he hustles so much he gets so many boards
dude impact is way higher then Lillards
If westbrook played for Portland itl be a wrap

russwest0
05-05-2014, 12:46 PM
unselfishness??
and intelligence?

Just imagining Westbrook in Terry Stotts's motion offense :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 12:47 PM
so now lillard is a better leader and more intelligent than westbrook?

the **** are people smoking on here. must all be coming from espn or some sit

breh they watched the 1st round playoffs lol
people dont understand what westbrook does for his team
his defense alone separates them as players

Svendiggity
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM

If Westbrook had a legitimate post up thread on OKC, he would be beasting ala Kobe did with Shaq. Game 7 Westbrook is what you would see, I saw plenty of composure and great decision making and leadership and 16 assists is unselfishness as it gets. OK 7 turnovers, sure. Who was the last guy in the playoffs to have a quadruple double with 10+ turnovers? Oh, it was Magic Johnson. No leadership there.

By flow I mean shooting with 20 seconds left on the shotclock on a 1 vs 3. Westbrook only plays one way. I love him but he doesn't adapt his game for anything. Attack mode all the time. So you have games like you're talking about and then you have awful ones. If he's 3-20 he just keeps attacking, keeps shooting. It's good and it's bad.

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Just imagining Westbrook in Terry Stotts's motion offense :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel like Brooks let Westbrook and Durant do what they want lol
imagine Westbrook with a coach like Pop or someone who can control his game. He would be so nasty.

Svendiggity
05-05-2014, 12:49 PM
unselfishness??
and intelligence?

LA ain't the leader, get out of here.

We all love LA but he's the quite type. They run the offense through him but that don't mean he's the leader.

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 12:49 PM
By flow I mean shooting with 20 seconds left on the shotclock on a 1 vs 3. Westbrook only plays one way. I love him but he doesn't adapt his game for anything. Attack mode all the time. So you have games like you're talking about and then you have awful ones. If he's 3-20 he just keeps attacking, keeps shooting. It's good and it's bad.

I would agree he has his bad games when he over shoots. I think hes young and his killer mind is destroying his opponents. his momentum makes him shoot and shoot because hes so damn vicious. As he gets older and mentally tougher hel know when to shoot and not too. I think he just wants to win so dang bad he goes off that way. He explodes though and it creates so much more opportunities for OKC

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
LA ain't the leader, get out of here.

We all love LA but he's the quite type. They run the offense through him but that don't mean he's the leader.

Well i was going off NBA.com
Interview on LMA leading the team

russwest0
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
breh they watched the 1st round playoffs lol
people dont understand what westbrook does for his team
his defense alone separates them as players

Yes the first round where Westbrook averaged 26/10/8/2 :roll: :roll: :roll:

All while locking Mike Conley the **** down.

Svendiggity
05-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I would agree he has his bad games when he over shoots. I think hes young and his killer mind is destroying his opponents. his momentum makes him shoot and shoot because hes so damn vicious. As he gets older and mentally tougher hel know when to shoot and not too. I think he just wants to win so dang bad he goes off that way. He explodes though and it creates so much more opportunities for OKC

You're exactly right. That's why you can't try to change Westbrook. His killer instinct is what makes him so unique.

But every player has their own unique style and Lillards ability to use his mind is what puts him in a class that people don't think he should be in. They'll get used to it though because he ain't going away.

Pointguard
05-05-2014, 01:16 PM
If Aldridge, stayed healthy the teams would have practically the same record. That's all that needs to be said.

Switch players and its not a question as to who wins it all. OKC, without Westbrook is a contender.

Westbrook is a better individual player but not a better team player. The more talent on a team Lillard is the better player. With less talent I could see the argument for Westbrook.

red1
05-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Clearly westbrook. I dont know if there is a player in the league who would benefit more from having a good coach.

Jlamb47
05-05-2014, 01:25 PM
You're exactly right. That's why you can't try to change Westbrook. His killer instinct is what makes him so unique.

But every player has their own unique style and Lillards ability to use his mind is what puts him in a class that people don't think he should be in. They'll get used to it though because he ain't going away.

yeah thats true
Im not sleeping on Lillard hes cold blooded himself. He is putting up some great numbers as well so lets see if he continues this against us lol

rhowen4
05-05-2014, 01:32 PM
westbrook lol

i can see why people are picking lillard

stevieming
05-05-2014, 05:43 PM
lillard...this guy is such a good player! Great IQ, he would complement KD so well...

knows when to step back and let other guys do their thing and when to take over if they're struggling..

navy
05-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Mini Lebron? What? :oldlol:
Yes. Scores, assists, and rebounds with insane athleticism.

Westbrook is the point guard version of Lebron. Just dumber and noticeably worse at everything except foot speed. :confusedshrug:

Budadiiii
05-05-2014, 06:57 PM
He adapted in game 7 against Memphis, no? :confusedshrug:

SuperCereal
05-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Westbrook mos def, his iq is off the charts!

knicksman
05-05-2014, 08:46 PM
brain over body or content over cover of the book

dannywpt
10-30-2014, 01:18 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif

StephHamann
10-30-2014, 01:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_U5YWgBwYo

SOD 21
10-30-2014, 01:37 PM
How is this even a legitimate thread?

Jlamb47
10-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Top PG

Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
John Wall
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
Kemba Walker

IncarceratedBob
10-30-2014, 01:44 PM
It's sad how reactionary some of these idiots are. Lillard is a nice little point guard but he's not Russ Westbrook...cmon fellas.

BuffaloBill
10-30-2014, 01:51 PM
There's only a few PG I would take over Lillard. Westbrook is definitely one if them

russwest0
10-30-2014, 02:21 PM
How is this even a legitimate thread?

I tried telling people about this thread the other day and they called me stupid and said "no one was saying that Lillard was better than Westbrook. Stop it."

:facepalm

dannywpt
10-30-2014, 02:24 PM
I tried telling people about this thread the other day and they called me stupid and said "no one was saying that Lillard was better than Westbrook. Stop it."

From a few hours ago, me saying that anyone who claims Lillard can be mentioned in the same breath as GOATbrook are dumbasses:

I don't think anyone did in the first place?

And then read this thread :roll:

Sportal
10-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Westbrook right now is the better player. It might be one game, opening day, fresh etc. But Westbrook for 28 minutes of that game was a nightmare, unguardable and unstoppable. Lillard hasn't got to that level yet, not to suggest that one day he won't, or that he needs to be that type of player on his particular team, but Westbrook is clearly better IMO.

However, on my team I'd have Lillard. Like someone said, Westbrook looks to be a Steve Francis case.

ArbitraryWater
10-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Whats with the responses here? Everyone saying Lillard?

Strong overreaction to whatever was happening... Im guessing the 1st round.

russwest0
10-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I love how much Westbrook is going shut up the stupid f*cking "Westbrook only posts his stats because he plays with Durant!!!" crowd over this next month.

And if you still compare the guy to Steve Francis and a bunch of other similar players, you're a retard who will never shift their opinion.

The guy has got nothing but the highest of praise from every single teammate and coach he's ever played and practiced for/with, and he did so well in school academically that he could have gone to schools like Stanford based purely off of academics yet you listen to some of the posters on ISH and you'd think that he was a low IQ retard that pisses off all his teammates because he's shooting too much and not getting Perkins and Sefolosha more involved.

Budadiiii
10-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Russell Westbrook is responsible for some of the most embarrassing bumps of all time.

There are threads of people taking Irvings side, Lillards side, Roses side, Rondos side, etc. and this dude continues to prove everyone wrong.

Every year there are like 5 relevant "Westbrook vs." threads that wind up exposing people who don't know a lick about basketball or sports in general.

Bunch of fat lonely nerds trying to talk basketball. :oldlol:

Stick to Yugioh, f&ggots

russwest0
10-30-2014, 05:20 PM
If I had to give Westbrook credit for just one thing in his career, it'd 100% be how well he has handled completely bullshit criticism and at times blatantly made up shit about him as a person and player.

He seems to be one of the few great players in the NBA's history along with others like Kareem, Kobe, etc, that has a higher understanding of the whole process and the simple fact that the media, attention, and all of that shit doesn't matter.

He came to OKC labeled as a "reach" and didn't give a shit and stayed the course. After his rookie year the hate began to pile on even more... The year OKC started to rise up in 10-11' and got eliminated by the Mavericks in the playoffs, the hate was insurmountable; watching and listening to the media you'd think that Durant would be MJ on steroids if it weren't for Westbrook.... That was until Westbrook went down and the Grizzlies series happened and everyone in the media shut their f*cking mouths.

And don't even remind me of the retards I've seen over the past few years... "Should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook!!!!!"
"Three knee surgeries in sixth months? Westbrook's career is DONE."

Keep shutting the f*cking haters up Russ. Not like they f*cking matter but the things you are doing that is shutting them up, thats what matters.

RoseCity07
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Allow me to put this sh*t to bed because I'm tired of people forgetting who Westbrook really is when he plays against an elite defense:

He shot 28% from 3 and 41% from the field against the San Antonio Spurs in the WCFs. This is who he really is. He is a Chucker-chuckity-chuckbrook.

It's over, argument done. Forget the regular season. Forget what he does to defenses that don't key in on him. When it really matters you get 28% shooting and 41% from the field.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/ScreenShot2014-10-30at30431PM.png
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/ScreenShot2014-10-30at25546PM.png

Sportal
10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Top PG

Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
John Wall
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
<---------
Kemba Walker

There we go.

russwest0
10-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Allow me to put this sh*t to bed because I'm tired of people forgetting who Westbrook really is when he plays against an elite defense:

He shot 28% from 3 and 41% from the field against the San Antonio Spurs in the WCFs. This is who he really is. He is a Chucker-chuckity-chuckbrook.

It's over, argument done. Forget the regular season. Forget what he does to defenses that don't key in on him. When it really matters you get 28% shooting and 41% from the field.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/ScreenShot2014-10-30at30431PM.png
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/ScreenShot2014-10-30at25546PM.png

And he was the best player in that series.

dubeta
10-30-2014, 06:44 PM
And he was the best player in that series.

Thats how bad Durant was..

RidonKs
10-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Who's the better player and who would you rather have on your team?
why must we persistently pretend these are two different things? the different question might be "if i need a bucket who do i choose" or "who is more athletic" or "who is pound for pound the feistiest bulldog in the nba"

the answer to all three of those questions is westbrook.

the answer to both of your questions is lillard.

Sportal
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
why must we persistently pretend these are two different things? the different question might be "if i need a bucket who do i choose" or "who is more athletic" or "who is pound for pound the feistiest bulldog in the nba"

the answer to all three of those questions is westbrook.

the answer to both of your questions is lillard.

What are you on about? There were two questions asked. The only correlation is that they're about the same two players. The posters who can comprehend the English language have answered appropriately, why are you bagging on the original poster?

They are CLEARLY two different things.

Who is the best player?

And

Who would YOU rather have on your team?

Just because X player is the best, doesn't mean that user would like him on their team. They are different players and bring different things.

PistonsFan#21
12-24-2014, 11:09 AM
bump

:basketball

riseagainst
12-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Damian is clutch as hell.

Dro
12-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Damian is clutch as hell...he's still not better than Westbrook....One game or even a few games doesn't change that fact.......This place is so kneejerk.....damn...

Anyway, Lillard is nasty too but I'm taking Westbrook....He seems generally unstoppable unless he stops himself......

Draz
12-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Dlil

russwest0
12-24-2014, 03:16 PM
bump

:basketball

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=westbru01&p2=lillada01

LoneyROY7
12-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't know if I still agree with the comments I originally made.

Russ has made a huge jump since this topic was posted, although so has Damian.

Tough call.

hawksdogsbraves
12-24-2014, 03:28 PM
It's not a tough call, it was never a tough call.

J.101
12-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Goatbrook

Cold soul
12-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Westbrook easily I never used to like him but I do now his game has grown on me last few years.

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 12:31 AM
When Westbrook is playing with control, which he has done several times this season, he's clearly the best point guard in the game. I'd take Westbrook now and probably for the next 4-5 years, but Lillard after that. Athleticism doesn't last. Shooting ability does, and Lillard is one of the best in the league at it.
Still sticking with this, for the most part.

Bigsmoke
12-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Westbrook

keep-itreal
12-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Westbrook is a 6'4'' Lebron but alpha.

Westbrook's game relies too much on athleticism. He's not a good shooter

Damian Lillard on the other hand has been hitting clutch shots after clutch shots. This dude has unlimited range.

I.R.Beast
12-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Westbrook ...bigger, faster, stronger.. better mid range shot and midrange game. can post up , better defender. Just better. LeBron has been "just atheleticism" for how long now. Some players are just genetic freaks. Westbroook is one of them. It's not like he can't shoot. his mid range game is money.

The_Yearning
12-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Westbrook ...bigger, faster, stronger.. better mid range shot and midrange game. can post up , better defender. Just better. LeBron has been "just atheleticism" for how long now. Some players are just genetic freaks. Westbroook is one of them. It's not like he can't shoot. his mid range game is money.

Thing is, he uses a lot of lift for his mid range jump shots and floaters. Dude only knows how to go from 0-100.

Still, gotta admire his tenacity. Dude is relentless.

Alan Ogg
12-26-2014, 10:22 AM
I'd rather have Lillard on a healthy HEAT team, but Westbrook is a little better and more dominant. I would take Westbrook if starting from scratch.

GimmeThat
12-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Westbrook

since we talking about players here, not basketball

BlakFrankWhite
06-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Lillard is a much smarter player and he's a dead-eye shooter in the clutch.

Lillard for me ...

D Lil gets his and keeps his teammates involved consistently.

Given that Westbrook has ego issues that draw comparisons to Steve Francis, I'd be comfortable in saying that I like Lillard's chances of becoming a superior player.

:rolleyes:

Changed your mind, guys?

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2015, 09:40 AM
So one series and all of a sudden Lillard is the best PG in the game. Cool story.

this man got it right...

lol

this is not even close, really

dannywpt
06-29-2015, 10:12 AM
All these posters on the first page with huge green bars saying they would take Lillard over Westbrook :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ShackEelOKneel
06-29-2015, 11:20 AM
So many Ls. :lol

BlakFrankWhite
06-29-2015, 11:52 AM

:lol :lol

Genaro
06-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Take this L, prisoners of the moment.

KG215
06-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Take this L, prisoners of the moment.
Yeah, this thread really does a good job of capturing ISH's whole "Overreact Like F**k and Get Way too Caught up in the Moment" tendency.

It was just a ridiculous then that this thread started out as an almost unanimous win for Lillard and it's even more ridiculous in hindsight.

JerrySeinfeld
06-29-2015, 01:36 PM
:lol Wow, straight retards in this thread.

BlakFrankWhite
06-29-2015, 01:40 PM
:lol Wow, straight retards in this thread.

Bro, you were murdering these clowns in the thread.....:applause:

LONGTIME
06-29-2015, 01:55 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3806936/sesame-street-letter-l-o.gif

Pushxx
06-29-2015, 02:01 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3806936/sesame-street-letter-l-o.gif

The kid stroking that huge L is creepy af.

imdaman99
06-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Lillard is the better shooter but give me Westbrook 10 times out of 10. His tenacity and desire to win is 2nd to none.
Agreeing with myself although I want to update. I would take Westbrook 100 times out 100.

BlakFrankWhite
06-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Agreeing with myself although I want to update. I would take Westbrook 100 times out 100.

:applause:

You and russwest/jerryseinfeld were schooling these ignorant fools.

KendrickPerkins
06-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Russell Westbrook is responsible for some of the most embarrassing bumps of all time.

There are threads of people taking Irvings side, Lillards side, Roses side, Rondos side, etc. and this dude continues to prove everyone wrong.

Every year there are like 5 relevant "Westbrook vs." threads that wind up exposing people who don't know a lick about basketball or sports in general.

Bunch of fat lonely nerds trying to talk basketball. :oldlol:

Stick to Yugioh, f&ggots
:roll:

Spurs m8
06-29-2015, 06:14 PM
You'd go Westbrook.

Lillards a chucking bitch these days tbh