PDA

View Full Version : Looking back: How hard did the Magic shit on the Lakers with the Dwight trade?

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Acquired: Moe Harkless (good young piece), Nikola Vučević (awesome young piece), Al Harrington (shit, but we can afford his contract and he's not on our team), Arron Afflalo (been spectacular. could use him for more picks or keep him), Josh McRoberts (Bobcats now. Traded to get rid of his contract. Probably should have kept him), Christian Eyenga (waived), a second-round draft pick from Denver next year (I think we got O'Quinn with this), a first-round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014 (future holds for this one. Two potentially top 10 lottery picks though), a conditional first-round pick from Philadelphia, a conditional second-round pick from the Lakers in 2015, a conditional first-round pick from the Lakers in 2017, a $17.8 million trade exception to use over the next year

Lost: Dwight Howard (in Houston), Earl Clark (on CLE and has been awful), Chris Duhon (basically retired) , Jason Richardson (basically retired)

Now lets look at L.A.
----------------------------------
Los Angeles Lakers

Acquired: Dwight Howard (Left), Earl Clark (in CLE), Chris Duhon (sucks)

Lost: Andrew Bynum, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, conditional second-round pick in 2015, a conditional first-round pick in 2017

Now you might think: "Oh they didn't give up much.", but Bynum could have gotten another potential superstar and they don't end up with a one-year rental and then signing Kobe to a shit contract. They could have really buttf*cked another team into taking injury-prone Bynum (the offers for him were good.) but instead Hennigan (or Otis) ends up butt f*cking them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Magic>Lakers
Deal with it.

PickernRoller
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
16>0.

Black and White
05-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Damn, Laker fans cause you to catch feelings so bad that you had to go and start this??? Chill bro.

coin24
05-04-2014, 09:19 PM
16>0

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Two posters on my ignore list already posted. :oldlol: I love it.

PickernRoller
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Damn, Laker fans cause you to catch feelings so bad that you had to go and start this??? Chill bro.

Lakers fans living in his head rent free. Nikka trying to cope with Dwight losing in the first round + rooting for a shitty franchise next season. For a second he thought he could cheer for a guy with success and the only thing he got is a first round loss.

Pedo needs to learn to pick better teams to root for.

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/17736-kobe-dunk-on-dwight-howard.jpg

Mr.Kite
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
kobe has more rings on one finger than the entire franchise

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:22 PM
3 posters now :oldlol:
Where the good posters at? Need a good laugh.

PickernRoller
05-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Two posters on my ignore list already posted. :oldlol: I love it.

You love being sh1tted on in each thread you make? :roll: :roll:

There is a difference between being troll and being the mockery of ISH.

Black and White
05-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Lakers fans living in his head rent free. Nikka trying to cope with Dwight losing in the first round + rooting for a shitty franchise next season. For a second he thought he could cheer for a guy with success and the only thing he got is a first round loss.

Pedo needs to learn to pick better teams to root for.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

All I know is he needs to be banned asap, he provides no value to this forum whatsoever, he can't debate basketball, he isn't creative with his trolling, he is just pathetic.

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:26 PM
B&W do u have anything insightful to add to this thread? Only person I've seen post so far who wasn't on my ignore list :confusedshrug:

16X
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Lakers and Magic won the trade. Getting Dwight was the right move whether it worked out or not. Lakers should have just signed someone other than Nash, traded Pau, and signed Phil.

Magic did good in the trade. It's not like the Lakers would have been any better had they not done the trade though. Might have signed Bynum long term.

Keno
05-04-2014, 09:30 PM
lakers fans using 16>0 because they don't have anything good to look for in the future. jameer is right, magic > lakers as of now and possibly the next 10 years.

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Some more "Stay Dwight!!" funny shit.
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/files/2013/06/dwight-howard-stay-with-lakers.jpg

They offer Dwight his own TV show :roll:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lakers-bank-dwight-tv-article-1.1388810

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEqrF-6g7ug
:roll:

BlackVVaves
05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Guess the Magic finally got some payback for seeing Shaq leave and win titles in LA, and watching Kobe and the Lakers beat them in 5 in the Finals.

Good for them. It's about time that franchise received some goodwill :applause:

no pun intended
05-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Shits on the Lakers...still ends up with a worse record than the Lakers.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-04-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't know why Lakers fans get so mad at Jameer. Without his incessant trolling, you guys would pretty much never be talked about outside of the weeping Lakers fans, look at me - we still have Kobe - we are still relevant!!! cry for help threads.

Basically: Jameer kept you guys relevant this season (on this message board).

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Lakers and Magic won the trade. Getting Dwight was the right move whether it worked out or not. Lakers should have just signed someone other than Nash, traded Pau, and signed Phil.

Magic did good in the trade. It's not like the Lakers would have been any better had they not done the trade though. Might have signed Bynum long term.
From my understanding LA was shopping Bynum hard because they personally knew of his injury problems. With the amazing year Bynum had they could have EASILY gotten another allstar with him.

JohnFreeman
05-04-2014, 09:37 PM
The Stay Dwight billboards were beneath the Lakers.

Boarder Patrol
05-04-2014, 09:37 PM
21K posts....:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
lets not act like this aint jameer:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/8THT/buys-orlando-magic-season-tickets/image.png

ThePhantomCreep
05-04-2014, 09:39 PM
lakers fans using 16>0 because they don't have anything good to look for in the future. jameer is right, magic > lakers as of now and possibly the next 10 years.
Heat fans said the same thing after the Shaq trade, their run of excellence lasted two whole seasons, whereas the Lakers eventually retooled and won back-to-back titles.

And the Magic won't even sniff Miami's mid-2000's success.

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Damn right. The Lakers are in a deep hole with poor FO and management. With the Clippers getting better and better and the Lakers getting worse and worse, free agents will see little reason to choose them and the "playing under the bright lights." thing will be bullshit.

Genaro
05-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah Lakers should have kept Bynum with those rotten knees, Josh Mc, Eyenga and our 2017 first rounder. We would be champions by now :rolleyes:

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 09:54 PM
http://thisislavie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lakers-nba09-champions-main2.jpg

20Four
05-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Acquired: Moe Harkless (good young piece), Nikola Vučević (awesome young piece), Al Harrington (shit, but we can afford his contract and he's not on our team), Arron Afflalo (been spectacular. could use him for more picks or keep him), Josh McRoberts (Bobcats now. Traded to get rid of his contract. Probably should have kept him), Christian Eyenga (waived), a second-round draft pick from Denver next year (I think we got O'Quinn with this), a first-round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014 (future holds for this one. Two potentially top 10 lottery picks though), a conditional first-round pick from Philadelphia, a conditional second-round pick from the Lakers in 2015, a conditional first-round pick from the Lakers in 2017, a $17.8 million trade exception to use over the next year

Lost: Dwight Howard (in Houston), Earl Clark (on CLE and has been awful), Chris Duhon (basically retired) , Jason Richardson (basically retired)

Now lets look at L.A.
Los Angeles Lakers

Lost: Andrew Bynum, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, conditional second-round pick in 2015, a conditional first-round pick in 2017

Now you might think: "Oh they didn't give up much.", but Bynum could have gotten another potential superstar and they don't end up with a one-year rental and then signing Kobe to a shit contract. They could have really buttf*cked another team into taking injury-prone Bynum (the offers for him were good.) but instead Hennigan (or Otis) ends up butt f*cking them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Magic>Lakers
Deal with it.

http://i.minus.com/ibg4KxQSQePBWX.png

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Furthermore, think of what the trade ended up causing:
-L.A. loses Bynum for nothing (lost potential allstar)
-Signed Nash to a shitty long term deal
-Lost the opportunity to get one year of tanking out of the way
-Had to overplay Kobe so much to barely make the playoffs that he ends up hurt.
-Lakers sign a now injury-prone Kobe to a 24m/year deal
-Hurt the hearts and many tears were shed by Lakers fans

http://i.imgur.com/wbptWaB.jpg

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Damn right. The Lakers are in a deep hole with poor FO and management. With the Clippers getting better and better and the Lakers getting worse and worse, free agents will see little reason to choose them and the "playing under the bright lights." thing will be bullshit.

NBA GM says Kevin Love to Lakers "100% certainty"

http://fansided.com/2014/01/30/nba-rumors-100-percent-chance-los-angeles-lakers-sign-kevin-love-2015/

Dante Exum, top 5 pick in one of the most stacked drafts in recent history wants to be a Laker, and might even go as far as to refuse workouts to other teams because of how badly he wants to be one:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/report-nba-general-manager-concerned-dante-exum-will-force-his-way-to-lakers/

Meanwhile you don't hear shit about top draft picks or free agents wanting to play for the Magic :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

r0drig0lac
05-04-2014, 10:01 PM
leaving Trolling aside, really magic won this trade

16X
05-04-2014, 10:05 PM
From my understanding LA was shopping Bynum hard because they personally knew of his injury problems. With the amazing year Bynum had they could have EASILY gotten another allstar with him.
No one as good as Dwight though. Put Iggy on the Lakers instead of Dwight and they wouldn't do any better. Pau is just not anything like he once was, and we didn't have defense at the guard spots. Nash was a terrible signing. Kobe was old and with his injury history we needed a guard with good defense and we went and picked up pretty much the worst guy possible, and payed him huge at that.

Lakers had to make that one last push to try to win again before Kobe retires. It didn't work out and now it's our time to suck for the forseeable future. Maybe for an entire decade. No more than that though. The Lakers always bounce back. Keep up the good work though. Lakers fans make it too easy.

oh the horror
05-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Not too sure as of yet.

Would have to wait and see in about 2-3 years given where lakers might end up in the draft, who they get and who they sign via free agency.

Bynum, COULD have netted them an all star but no one was going to change the general direction they were going. Bynum isn't gonna get you a "Lebron James" level talent.

They swung for the rafters and it didn't work out. That was the purpose of the trade initially. But with Bynum out (and good riddance) and them having cap flexibility soon we shall see.

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 10:20 PM
NBA GM says Kevin Love to Lakers "100% certainty"

http://fansided.com/2014/01/30/nba-rumors-100-percent-chance-los-angeles-lakers-sign-kevin-love-2015/

Dante Exum, top 5 pick in one of the most stacked drafts in recent history wants to be a Laker, and might even go as far as to refuse workouts to other teams because of how badly he wants to be one:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/report-nba-general-manager-concerned-dante-exum-will-force-his-way-to-lakers/

Meanwhile you don't hear shit about top draft picks or free agents wanting to play for the Magic :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
LOL. You know the same player has denied those claims AND said that he would like to come to Orlando to play with Oladipo :roll:
Also K-Love's response to Laker's rumors:

no pun intended
05-04-2014, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Jameerthefear]LOL. You know the same player has denied those claims AND said that he would like to come to Orlando to play with Oladipo :roll:
[B]

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Jameerthefear]LOL. You know the same player has denied those claims AND said that he would like to come to Orlando to play with Oladipo :roll:

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Actually, why are we talking about Dante Exum when the Lakers aren't likely getting a top 3 pick?
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/5968/9qza.gif

JohnFreeman
05-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Actually, why are we talking about Dante Exum when the Lakers aren't likely getting a top 3 pick?

:lebronamazed:

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 10:29 PM

Draft Embiid and send him our way in 5 years :lol :lol :lol

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Draft Embiid and send him our way in 5 years :lol :lol :lol
You're running out of gas bruh :oldlol:

mr.big35
05-04-2014, 10:35 PM
orlando should have won a ring with shaq in the 90s

TheMagicMan
05-04-2014, 10:39 PM
You're running out of gas bruh :oldlol:

Jameer gloating his team sucked harder than the Lakers this year :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
05-04-2014, 10:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MVj4ibm.gif

JUDGE WITNESS
05-04-2014, 10:49 PM
when the lakers get a top 3 pick and the magic dont just know its ok to kill yourself

VIntageNOvel
05-05-2014, 12:35 AM
jameer just admitted that a couple bag of chip > dwight

20Four
05-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Seriously Jameer....just die already....I highly doubt anybody would care your gone....since your parents are crack whores I doubt they even know your around...

Cocaine80s
05-05-2014, 01:01 AM
black and white is a laker/kobe stan who reps the celtics :facepalm

wakencdukest
05-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Yes, Orlando got the better of the trade, but what have they done with it in the two years since it happened? Will it ever get them into the playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. Op, you are making Orlando fans look bad with your constant trolling, why don't you give it a rest?

gts
05-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Any trade that moved Bynum off the books was a good trade... You can see what a stellar career he's had since leaving LA... 26 games total for 3 different teams..

Yeah Lakers really took it in the shorts on that one... :lol

As for the Magic or Lakers I guess you can compare the records since the trade.. win loss is always a decent way to measure a team... That being said neither team has set the world on fire but the Lakers logged a 72 and 87 record while the Magic ran up a 43 and 121 record.. Advantage Lakers

Black and White
05-05-2014, 01:36 AM
black and white is a laker/kobe stan who reps the celtics :facepalm

:wtf: , I like Kobe as a player yes (same as I like Durant, Paul George, Dirk etc) but as far as the Lakers go, no.

JohnFreeman
05-05-2014, 01:37 AM
:wtf: , I like Kobe as a player yes (same as I like Durant, Paul George, Dirk etc) but as far as the Lakers go, no.
:no:

Black and White
05-05-2014, 01:38 AM
:no:

As much as I love you bro, we are always going to butt heads on at least one thing, doesn't change anything tho, respect :cheers:

Cocaine80s
05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
i saw u say your favorite team to watch this season was the lakers in another thread and now u defending the lakers.

anyways i was just assuming, sorry bruh :cheers:

JohnFreeman
05-05-2014, 01:41 AM
As much as I love you bro, we are always going to butt heads on at least one thing, doesn't change anything tho, respect :cheers:
:pimp:

Black and White
05-05-2014, 01:41 AM
i saw u say your favorite team to watch this season was the lakers in another thread and now u defending the lakers.

anyways i was just assuming, sorry bruh :cheers:

Huh? Oh I meant excitement wise, not the fact that I support them, watching players run up the court and play only offense can be quite funny, I named the Suns and Raptors too in the same thread.

All good brah :cheers:

SexSymbol
05-05-2014, 01:52 AM

Now lets look at L.A.
Los Angeles Lakers

Magic>Lakers
Deal with it.

So Lakers didn't lose anything and got nothing.
Wow, how bad was this trade? WORST OF THE CENTURY lol
You're a terrible troll, give up on life

Milbuck
05-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Seriously Jameer....just die already....I highly doubt anybody would care your gone....since your parents are crack whores I doubt they even know your around...
Littledick McGee is back! Welcome brother.

TheMarkMadsen
05-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Any trade that moved Bynum off the books was a good trade... You can see what a stellar career he's had since leaving LA... 26 games total for 3 different teams..

Yeah Lakers really took it in the shorts on that one... :lol

As for the Magic or Lakers I guess you can compare the records since the trade.. win loss is always a decent way to measure a team... That being said neither team has set the world on fire but the Lakers logged a 72 and 87 record while the Magic ran up a 43 and 121 record.. Advantage Lakers

Strong ether

TheMilkyBarKid
05-05-2014, 02:56 AM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/17736-kobe-dunk-on-dwight-howard.jpg
lets be honest jabbar, you wish your face was switched with Dwight's here

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 02:58 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

moe94
05-05-2014, 02:59 AM
lets be honest jabbar, you wish your face was switched with Dwight's here

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 03:07 AM
stop pretending you are a kobe laker stan. maybe you like the celtics too but stop lying man:coleman:

Black Mamba's B
05-05-2014, 05:23 AM
leaving Trolling aside, really magic won this trade
Nah. Magic still had a worse record in an inferior conference. Orlando Magic will always be garbage

Jameerthefear
05-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Bump.

imnew09
05-05-2014, 07:20 PM
We got some picks, unlike the Magic :roll:

Another tanking year for the Magic, enjoy your tank Queer

Jameerthefear
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
We got some picks, unlike the Magic :roll:

Another tanking year for the Magic, enjoy your tank Queer
lol? we have 2 lottery picks this year dumbass :roll:

Black and White
05-05-2014, 07:27 PM

Was the other one from Denver??? That was dependant on the Knicks aye??? Thats a pretty good deal.

KobesFinger
05-05-2014, 07:50 PM
If you have so many Laker fans on ignore, why make this thread?

tpols
05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Bump.

if you want to play the hindsight game then the pau trade ended up helping memphis.. they got marc for right now instead of a declinging pau.

gts
05-05-2014, 08:05 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2j2fgpt.png

Jameerthefear
05-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Was the other one from Denver??? That was dependant on the Knicks aye??? Thats a pretty good deal.
what?

daily
05-05-2014, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=TheMagicMan]NBA general manager concerned Dante Exum will force his way to Lakers:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/report-nba-general-manager-concerned-dante-exum-will-force-his-way-to-lakers/comment-page-1/

"If I get the opportunity to go to L.A. and play for the Lakers, and just to be in an environment where you have a great player like Kobe. Obviously picking his brain and what he

imnew09
05-05-2014, 11:29 PM

yea get some nice picks and trade them to the Lakers :roll: :lol

KingBeasley08
05-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Some more "Stay Dwight!!" funny shit.
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/files/2013/06/dwight-howard-stay-with-lakers.jpg

They offer Dwight his own TV show :roll:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lakers-bank-dwight-tv-article-1.1388810

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEqrF-6g7ug
:roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
05-28-2014, 09:32 AM
The final bitch slap will occur in July with who Orlando drafts with that #12. Well, not the final one since we have two more conditional 1sts.