PDA

View Full Version : Sooooooo the Rockets are keeping McHale

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:13 AM
Next season already down the drain. I'm at a loss for words. I'm just not happy. I hoped that we got swept in the first round so McHale would be outta there but we couldn't even execute that correctly. Has any player on our roster improved under McHale?

ABfor3
05-05-2014, 03:17 AM
I'm bummed out by this decision, he should of been let go. His coaching strategies have been exposed in this series, i don't get it...

Cocaine80s
05-05-2014, 03:20 AM
jones, parsons, beverley, asik all improved under mchale. even though jones and parsons were drafted there

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:21 AM
jones, parsons, beverley, asik all improved under mchale. even though jones and parsons were drafted there

The thing is that all of them just got increased playing time. They didn't show me anything different.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:22 AM
I'm bummed out by this decision, he should of been let go. His coaching strategies have been exposed in this series, i don't get it...

I've been saying we needed an upgrade since we first got Harden. McHale just lacks the fire to make players give 100% effort. They don't cause they know he won't do shit about it. The only player I ever see get benched is Lin. Hell even then Lin doesn't pay him any attention half the time.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Asik didnt improve because of mcfail but because of his work ethic.
asik rotted on the bench all season because mcfail was so dumb to not start a real PG so the twin towers never worked.
parsons defense got worse every season to the point hes a joke at that end.
beverley is just as bad as when he came into the league, only a slightly better 3 pt shooter now but that is normal with age.
jones has improved just like all young players do. in the playoffs he was exposed heavily.
houston fans need to start booing mcfail @ homegames or dont come there until he is fired

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Asik didnt improve because of mcfail but because of his work ethic.
asik rotted on the bench all season because mcfail was so dumb to not start a real PG so the twin towers never worked.
parsons defense got worse every season to the point hes a joke at that end.
beverley is just as bad as when he came into the league, only a slightly better 3 pt shooter now but that is normal with age.
jones has improved just like all young players do. in the playoffs he was exposed heavily.
houston fans need to start booing mcfail @ homegames or dont come there until he is fired

I've said previously that I won't be watching any of the games if we kept him. The only way I'll go to a game next season is if my kids apply some pressure. I'm beyond pissed.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 03:30 AM
I've said previously that I won't be watching any of the games if we kept him. The only way I'll go to a game next season is if my kids apply some pressure. I'm beyond pissed.
:applause: :applause:
i wouldnt go to a rockets game either if i were a fan.
only in the playoffs and if they bounce out of the first again i would never go there again:roll: :roll:

strifed169
05-05-2014, 03:31 AM
Thats just sad, worthy of a million facepalms, Mcfail is the worst coach I've EVER seen

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:31 AM
:applause: :applause:
i wouldnt go to a rockets game either if i were a fan.
only in the playoffs and if they bounce out of the first again i would never go there again:roll: :roll:

I'm expecting another first round loss next season.

COnDEMnED
05-05-2014, 03:33 AM
Do you have a secondary team you can root for until he gets fired?:(

Smook A.
05-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Bro you shoulda seen me. I was way too pissed. The Rockets loss made me wanna sit in a corner and not say anything but when I woke up to the news of Rockets keeping McHale... mannnnnn I just went in my room and said "F*CKING DARYL MOREY" really loud. I was disappointed as hell.

The thing with Morey is that he's good at aquiring players but he just can't make the right decisions in the front office. I mean does this dude even realize how bad of a coach McHale is?! I hope he finds out in 2015. smfh.

We gotta go through another year of McFail's dumbassness

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 03:37 AM
Rockets fans need to realize that morey is shit too. he thinks basketball is won by analytics and thinks his 3 ball lay up system will work in the playoffs. he only re-signs mcfail because mcfail is his puppet and will keep playing that useless system:facepalm

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:38 AM
Do you have a secondary team you can root for until he gets fired?:(

It's been the Pacers for a couple years. They've completely gone to shit this season.

Smook A.
05-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Imma miss your old avatar, Exlax. It fit you perfectly

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Bro you shoulda seen me. I was way too pissed. The Rockets loss made me wanna sit in a corner and not say anything but when I woke up to the news of Rockets keeping McHale... mannnnnn I just went in my room and said "F*CKING DARYL MOREY" really loud. I was disappointed as hell.

The thing with Morey is that he's good at aquiring players but he just can't make the right decisions in the front office. I mean does this dude even realize how bad of a coach McHale is?! I hope he finds out in 2015. smfh.

McHale is like a gym teacher. He rolls the balls out and just let's them play. I bet somebody on the bench tells him when to call timeouts and shit.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:41 AM
Imma miss your old avatar, Exlax. It fit you perfectly

Dwight's still my favorite player, but I gotta find a good pic with him not rocking Rockets attire.

Smook A.
05-05-2014, 03:42 AM
McHale is like a gym teacher. He rolls the balls out and just let's them play. I bet somebody on the bench tells him when to call timeouts and shit.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was true

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 03:45 AM
How do we not even get in touch with Hollins. We have a young team and we need a coach that will help these guys grow as players. There has to be some kinda discipline and structure. I would imagine he's the best available to give it to us. Hell we shoulda even tried to talk with Thibbs since the Bulls let the Lakers meet with him. Anybody other than McHale. I'd even take D'Antoni. At least he's good at something.

RoseCity07
05-05-2014, 03:49 AM
He is a pretty bad coach but the Rockets could get an improved bench for next season. They need to give him one more shot. If they lose after signing some free agent vets then he has to go.

JohnFreeman
05-05-2014, 03:50 AM
:D

oarabbus
05-05-2014, 03:56 AM
McHale sucks but he DID do a good job in G6 right?

COnDEMnED
05-05-2014, 03:57 AM
How do we not even get in touch with Hollins. We have a young team and we need a coach that will help these guys grow as players. There has to be some kinda discipline and structure. I would imagine he's the best available to give it to us. Hell we shoulda even tried to talk with Thibbs since the Bulls let the Lakers meet with him. Anybody other than McHale. I'd even take D'Antoni. At least he's good at something.
Dwight hated playing for D'Antoni. Dwight has enough baggage as it is, you don't wanna bring D'Antoni into the fold as well.

shoops
05-05-2014, 04:03 AM
I'm expecting another first round loss next season.
I'm thinking the same, as I remarked in the other thread. He's just so damned bad. I'm not sure if I can stand to watch another whole season of blowing 4th quarter leads and shitty defense and isos all day.

Well I don't think retaining him is 100% guaranteed as it's not yet official...so there's a small chance he could go. Not looking hopeful though.

I was only able to catch the last few minutes of that game, but imo that gamewinner possession was telling. The players were nowhere near prepared to defend that, it made me fvcking sick..., and his postgame comments, fvcking clueless bastard

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 04:04 AM
he took Lin out after he held Lillard to zero points the entire 4th quater.
he didnt tell his players to switch or not.
he did a bad job

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:06 AM

Ehhhh a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day if you follow me.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Dwight hated playing for D'Antoni. Dwight has enough baggage as it is, you don't wanna bring D'Antoni into the fold as well.

My dumb ass lol. That shit completely slipped my mind.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:10 AM
He is a pretty bad coach but the Rockets could get an improved bench for next season. They need to give him one more shot. If they lose after signing some free agent vets then he has to go.

I said that we needed some vets on the team, but even then man the teaching and grooming and all that should come from the coach at least a little bit.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:12 AM
:D

The Kings looked great in the playoffs.

Ball So Harden
05-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Next season already down the drain. I'm at a loss for words. I'm just not happy. I hoped that we got swept in the first round so McHale would be outta there but we couldn't even execute that correctly. Has any player on our roster improved under McHale?

Agreed. I am so pissed. He needs to resign for his own honor if he isn't fired.

Ball So Harden
05-05-2014, 04:27 AM

I did the same thing. I had to not post for a couple days just so I didn't come in here going on stupid ass rants.

But keeping McHale on has brought me back out of anger at the management (Morey particularly) rather than anger at the series. I'd demand McHale learns how to run a decent offense, or get on my man Harden's ass about defense, but it is clear he won't do anything about those. I'm afraid most of next season I'll be depressed more than angry considering another solid season doesn't mean shit unless I have faith the coach can get us deep in the playoffs, which McHail will never do unless we draw just an unbelievably lopsided match up.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:31 AM
I did the same thing. I had to not post for a couple days just so I didn't come in here going on stupid ass rants.

But keeping McHale on has brought me back out of anger at the management (Morey particularly) rather than anger at the series. I'd demand McHale learns how to run a decent offense, or get on my man Harden's ass about defense, but it is clear he won't do anything about those. I'm afraid most of next season I'll be depressed more than angry considering another solid season doesn't mean shit unless I have faith the coach can get us deep in the playoffs, which McHail will never do unless we draw just an unbelievably lopsided match up.

The worst part is that if we do get that lopsided mismatch and win, that would almost guarantee another season of McHale since he would get us out the first round.

Ball So Harden
05-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Good point. Shit. :facepalm :banghead:

buddha
05-05-2014, 04:36 AM
well there's no coach in the world that could turn Harden and Howard into winners so I don't know what Houston fans were hoping for.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:44 AM
well there's no coach in the world that could turn Harden and Howard into winners so I don't know what Houston fans were hoping for.

Dwight led a team to the Finals before he reached his peak. He also improved this team from the 8th seed to the 4th seed without good coaching. I think he'll be aight.

Harden I'm worried about. We need a coach that will bench him when he's not giving full effort.

You've gotta be a complete idiot to think we'd turn everything around our first year though. I said first or second round exit anyway. We improved and that's all one can really hope for in thr first year. Couple that with all the injuries. How did your team do if you even have one?

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 04:54 AM
Good point. Shit. :facepalm :banghead:

That's why I was hoping for a sweep. Get the coach outta here with as little time wasted as possible.

salwan
05-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Rockets fans need to realize that morey is shit too. he thinks basketball is won by analytics and thinks his 3 ball lay up system will work in the playoffs. he only re-signs mcfail because mcfail is his puppet and will keep playing that useless system:facepalm

This. The Rockets franchise and their analytics team strongly believe in the 3-ball and uptempo way of playing and mchale plays this way. I guess the only alternative was to sign dantoni :D so Rockets fans should be happy about mchale

Lonely_Sandberg
05-05-2014, 05:26 AM
This. The Rockets franchise and their analytics team strongly believe in the 3-ball and uptempo way of playing and mchale plays this way. I guess the only alternative was to sign dantoni :D so Rockets fans should be happy about mchale

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llfmtzxS701qgt9x4o1_r1_500.gif

Black Mamba's B
05-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Thats just sad, worthy of a million facepalms, Mcfail is the worst coach I've EVER seen
It could be worse. Mr. Pringles is a terrible coach

JohnFreeman
05-05-2014, 05:39 AM
Let's blame the coach when harden doesn't play any D and didn't show up till game 6.

MiseryCityTexas
05-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Beverely fell the **** off after he got hurt toward the end of the season. Before that, he was a really solid role player.

MiseryCityTexas
05-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Rockets started falling off towards the end of the regular season when Kelvin Sampson left to take that U of H job.

Jailblazers7
05-05-2014, 10:23 AM

I think Morey just struggles to grasp the intangible side of the game and making the correct coaching hire falls into that blind spot. The team certainly had the talent to beat Portland but were unable to adjust from the regular season to the postseason until they started feeding Dwight more. It might just be a case of a team coming together in year 1 and we will see a year 2 improvement...but I think the problems run a little deeper than that.

MiseryCityTexas
05-05-2014, 10:32 AM
they might as well give jeff van gundy his job back.

Haymaker
05-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Coaches could be fired a couple of games into the reg. season. Just look at Mike Brown. I think Rockets should lose on purpose to get McHale fired.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Beverely fell the **** off after he got hurt toward the end of the season. Before that, he was a really solid role player.
yet he started over lin( only one who can set up howard) for defense, when lin was defending lillard way better, even holding him scoreless for an entire 4th quater in an elimination game:facepalm

AirTupac
05-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Rockets forever a shit team :yaohappy:

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 11:25 AM
To the ones saying it's our first year together, I've watched McHale for 3 seasons now. He was cool when we were rebuilding cause we didn't have any chance at winning. Now though, we need a coach that's gonna correct these young guys when they mess up.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Let's blame the coach when harden doesn't play any D and didn't show up till game 6.

Harden played more defense last year. This season he took a major step back and it's just because of a lack of effort. I'm not basing it off one game. He should have been benched multiple times over the last 2 seasons when he was slacking on defense. I imagine just about any other coach would sit him for a few minutes to let him know he messing up.

bukowski81
05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
McHale is not that bad, im not saying he is Phil Jackson but he looks worse than he really is because his two best players, altough talented, are two of the dumbest dudes out there.

Mr Exlax
05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
McHale is not that bad, im not saying he is Phil Jackson but he looks worse than he really is because his two best players, altough talented, are two of the dumbest dudes out there.

You're basing it off one season then? I've watched for 3 years. Dwight's dumb? Multiple time DPOY is a dumb player? Who knew

miggyme1
05-05-2014, 01:37 PM

it wasnt just mchale tho...his team got exposed....a glorified regular season team.

u cant win a ship when your pgs are lin and beverly..both of those pgs are backups at BEST.

when u have crappy pgs harden gets the green light to have the ball in his hands too much...get him a above average pg that can keep him in rhythm.

rockets should have traded asik and got something for him...that dwight/asik lineup is good if you playing a team like the pacers...but you become a liability on offense because neither are polished offensively.

id like to see the rockets play small like the magic did when howard went to the finals...im assumin everybody in the starting lineup is still under contract next season so the starting lineup should look something like this next season

beverly,lin,harden,parsons,howard

should look to get a decent pg tho