PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Westbrook.

BigBoss
05-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Durant-Westbrook combo is not enough. They need to change the whole dynamic of the team and play half court offense. Westbrook has to go. Durant needs to get a post game. They need a true center playing an inside/out game with Durant.

Maybe they'll be good in 3-4 years, until then KD is the new Carmello Anthony except with an MVP.

imdaman99
05-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Where are they trading Westbrook? Nobody wants a chucker that can drop triple doubles in game 7s

russwest0
05-06-2014, 12:27 AM
okc should have kept harden and then looked to acquire another top 10 player.

maybe with four top 10 players the iso ball would work in the playoffs and the talent would be able to bail out brooks to a championship

notatop29pg
05-06-2014, 12:55 AM
They need to make better use of Ibaka and his midrange. Dude is money, but there aren't enough shots per game to get a third scorer involved.

DMAVS41
05-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Why even talk about offense after the game tonight...that was some of the worst defense and worst effort I've seen in a playoff game in a long time.

Pathetic showing to start the series.

It's a long series, but they have to clean that shit up. Truly awful showing defensively.

Milbuck
05-06-2014, 01:10 AM
I am 100% certain if you kept this OKC roster identical to how it is now but replaced Scott Brooks with a coach who had a clue, they'd win it all.

Switch out Brooks for someone like George Karl or Lionel Hollins, and they win it all comfortably.

Who the **** is challenging a well-coached, cohesive, motivated, 2-way OKC team?

I<3NBA
05-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Durant is like Nowitzki. he needs his Own Tyson Chandler. you could say Ibaka fills this role. but Ibaka was not the defender Tyson was in Dallas' championship year. add the handicap that is Scott Brooks and the Thunder have no hope of winning anything soon.

Carlisle and Rivers have both shown how much a coach matters to winning. the Mavs pushing Spurs to 7 with that roster, against a Pop-coached team no less. Scott Brooks coaching that Mavs team would've been swept.

Eric Cartman
05-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Just 1 game ago he had 27/16/10 in a game 7.

Bunch of overreacting fa'gs.

Bless Mathews
05-06-2014, 02:37 AM
Brooks needs to go.

MiseryCityTexas
05-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Thunder management were idiots for trading away Jeff Green for Kendrick Perkins.

outbreak
05-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Sefalosha 1st round pick lamb and Jones for afflalo.

Jakeh008
05-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Westbrook for Kemba and Al Jefferson

ILLsmak
05-06-2014, 06:57 AM
It's gonna be hard to trade WB because of how good he is and what they need in return. They have a team that is pretty well built, but they'd have to get perfect pieces to make it worthwhile. Not the best players, but just pieces who fit perfectly...

but does any team have that?

-Smak

StephHamann
05-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Durant is like Nowitzki. he needs his Own Tyson Chandler. you could say Ibaka fills this role. but Ibaka was not the defender Tyson was in Dallas' championship year. add the handicap that is Scott Brooks and the Thunder have no hope of winning anything soon.

Carlisle and Rivers have both shown how much a coach matters to winning. the Mavs pushing Spurs to 7 with that roster, against a Pop-coached team no less. Scott Brooks coaching that Mavs team would've been swept.

Brooks wouldn`t even make the PO with that mavs roster

ScarSymmetry
05-06-2014, 09:13 AM
When will you nubs learn 1 game means nothing...

SCdac
05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Would they trade him if they win the championship?

ZenMaster
05-06-2014, 09:20 AM
When will you nubs learn 1 game means nothing...

True, WB has lacked point guard skills ever since entering the league.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 09:29 AM
I am 100% certain if you kept this OKC roster identical to how it is now but replaced Scott Brooks with a coach who had a clue, they'd win it all.

Switch out Brooks for someone like George Karl or Lionel Hollins, and they win it all comfortably.

Who the **** is challenging a well-coached, cohesive, motivated, 2-way OKC team?
Heat would still smack that ass in at most 6:biggums: :biggums:

Jailblazers7
05-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Yeah, I would really enjoy seeing what Carlisle would do at the helm in OKC. Brooks just isn't capable of getting the most out of his talent. Whether it be a lack of knowledge, creativity, or courage he just doesn't seem fit for the job.

D-FENS
05-06-2014, 09:58 AM
- Perkins
+ Hawes

- Westbrook
+ Rondo

- Sefolosha
+ Afflalo

- Brooks
+ Karl

=

Championship

wagexslave
05-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Westbrook the overrated un-clutch chucker. The Thunder need to trade him while there are still stupid teams out there who think he's a really good PG who will win them games.

el gringos
05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
+ Karl

=

Championship
That's funny.

If they want a coach to be different Karl would not be the answer.

el gringos
05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
It's gonna be hard to trade WB because of how good he is and what they need in return. They have a team that is pretty well built, but they'd have to get perfect pieces to make it worthwhile. Not the best players, but just pieces who fit perfectly...

but does any team have that?

-Smak
Shumpert, hardaway jr, Felton, Tyson chandler

For

Westbrook, Perkins.

Heatles201
05-06-2014, 10:10 AM
okc should have kept harden and then looked to acquire another top 10 player.

maybe with four top 10 players the iso ball would work in the playoffs and the talent would be able to bail out brooks to a championship

but but but i though adams and lamb are stars in the making!
OKC front office so sick! sam presti FTW!!

-Lebron23-
05-06-2014, 10:25 AM
No way Westbrook is the problem.

that defense sucks and has been doing so for the last 3 months. I said 2 weeks ago, they are not the dominant defensive team they were 2 years ago or even last year.

Of course since Durant was on fire and 3 starters were out everyone acted like it was not a big deal but now it's playoff time, everyone is back and guess what? They still suck at defense.

I understand they have had injuries but injuries don't explain bad habits and that team has many of those already. They are acting like they have loads of talent to make up for it but have Caron Butler starting and taking the 3rd most shots in the team on some games.

Not looking good for The Servant.

The Iron Sheik
05-06-2014, 10:28 AM
>they need more scoring
>they should get rid of their 2nd leading scorer

i'm not following the logic here.

D-FENS
05-06-2014, 10:33 AM
>they need more scoring
>they should get rid of their 2nd leading scorer

i'm not following the logic here.

2nd leading scorer is a ball hog and a shot jacker.

swagga
05-06-2014, 10:34 AM
westbrook is dumb as bricks but he's got more heart than the rest of the team combined. INB4 westbrook for derozan and amir johnson or some other retarded shit.

SilkkTheShocker
05-06-2014, 10:37 AM

I keep seeing this, but it's just not true. Durant is a total ******

MiseryCityTexas
05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Westbrook for Kemba and Al Jefferson

Them the only good players the bobcats have. no deal

D-FENS
05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
westbrook is dumb as bricks but he's got more heart than the rest of the team combined. INB4 westbrook for derozan and amir johnson or some other retarded shit.

Not bad.

Also, Westbrook, Perkins for Teague and Horford.

beastee
05-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Not bad.

Also, Westbrook, Perkins for Teague and Horford.

This one actually isnt bad. Cost controlled PG that understands the position and a skilled 2 way Big. Horford isnt a true center though, so Ibaka and Horford would struggle against teams like Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs...etc.

D-FENS
05-06-2014, 11:36 AM
This one actually isnt bad. Cost controlled PG that understands the position and a skilled 2 way Big. Horford isnt a true center though, so Ibaka and Horford would struggle against teams like Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs...etc.

I don't think so, they're fast enough to double. They would still need to somehow draft Gary Harris or trade for Afflalo

Horford
Ibaka
Durant
Afflalo or Harris
Teague

sd3035
05-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Why even talk about offense after the game tonight...that was some of the worst defense and worst effort I've seen in a playoff game in a long time.

Pathetic showing to start the series.

It's a long series, but they have to clean that shit up. Truly awful showing defensively.

Offense generally comes from talent, and defense from effort. I blame the coach, also he is not putting the best line-ups on the floor, and not running any plays. WTF is brooks good for?

kamil
05-06-2014, 11:41 AM
They need to fire Brooks and bring in someone competent.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't think so, they're fast enough to double. They would still need to somehow draft Gary Harris or trade for Afflalo

Horford
Ibaka
Durant
Afflalo or Harris
Teague
That starting 5 :bowdown: