PDA

View Full Version : So Kobe, Durant, Rose each have one "Nice Story" MVP..

Akrazotile
05-06-2014, 01:27 PM
They were all roughly equivalent players during the respective years Lebron let them win one of his MVP awards out of charity.

Advanced metrics show they have similar impacts on wins and losses.

If it werent for the catch-all phrase "rings" used to simplify the analysis process for the lowest common denominator fan, would we have anything to distinguish the one-MVP club from one another? Does anyone really think Kobe is "better" than barkley and durant and garnett and rose rather than just having better teams to carry him in the playoffs?

Serious question, please discuss.

RagaZ
05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Bran's record when he failed to win a Regular Season MVP:

0 rings.

Svendiggity
05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
They were all roughly equivalent players during the respective years Lebron let them win one of his MVP awards out of charity.

If it werent for the catch-all phrase "rings" used to simplify the analysis process for the lowest common denominator fan, would we have anything to distinguish the one-MVP club from one another? Does anyone really think Kobe is "better" than barkley and durant and garnett and rose rather than just having better teams to carry him in the playoffs?

You're an idiot.

DMAVS41
05-06-2014, 01:41 PM
What?

KD's season this year is probably twice as good as what Rose did in 11.

This is a legit MVP win from the best player start to finish in the regular season.

Nobody thought Rose was the best player in 11....at worst KD was the 2nd best player in the league.

NumberSix
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
No excuses

SilkkTheShocker
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Kobe's MVP was without a doubt one of the biggest tragedies in NBA history.

SuperCereal
05-06-2014, 01:43 PM

So, Lebron is a real mvp?:oldlol:

NumberSix
05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Does anybody even count Rose's MVP anymore?

riseagainst
05-06-2014, 01:44 PM

:roll: :roll:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/48/4882b65ed24d4b51de1485fa6bfdf8b279171e2440f78ab659 5178e7f3c96271.jpg

mehyaM24
05-06-2014, 01:46 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/48/4882b65ed24d4b51de1485fa6bfdf8b279171e2440f78ab659 5178e7f3c96271.jpg

LMFAO...this is great :applause:

Cold soul
05-06-2014, 01:46 PM

http://i.imgur.com/jiJ7Ir8.gif

SilkkTheShocker
05-06-2014, 01:49 PM

I honestly forgot who that was for awhile

Rooster
05-06-2014, 01:54 PM

:facepalm :facepalm
Tragedies does not end up with 5 rings.

Jerry West never won an MVP BTW

And was greater than most players who won it.

moe94
05-06-2014, 01:56 PM
How was Rose roughly equivalent to Kobe and Durant? Durant deserved his MVP as much as anyone ever did.

SpecialQue
05-06-2014, 02:02 PM

Your attempt to troll both Durant and (strangely) Celtics fans have failed, so now you're moving onto Kobe. Nice.

Can't wait to see you move on to Wilt and then Jordan and explain how Lebron was better than them as well.

Rooster
05-06-2014, 02:04 PM

MVP is just a regular season award who media vote for it.

If you don't agree with their MVP voting

Then it's your opinion

But winning championship is settled on the court.

Bottom line is NO team has won a ring without its best player.

SilkkTheShocker
05-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Your attempt to troll both Durant and (strangely) Celtics fans have failed, so now you're moving onto Kobe. Nice.

Can't wait to see you move on to Wilt and then Jordan and explain how Lebron was better than them as well.

You're starting to sound like, Droid

Heavincent
05-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Kobe's MVP in 08 was about as obvious and clear cut as it gets. Best player in the game + best record in the west.

GimmeThat
05-06-2014, 02:17 PM
True

under the assumption that the regular season garuntees an NBA championship.

Wait, what's this finals MVP, the Bill Russell award they been handing out to people for.

dubeta
05-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Kobe's MVP in 08 was about as obvious and clear cut as it gets. Best player in the game + best record in the west.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0rbxDQK31rhg0k6o1_500.jpg

TheMan
05-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Bran stan saltiness continues:oldlol:

dubeta
05-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Bran stan saltiness continues:oldlol:

Considering Lebron has more MVP's than Kobe, Durant, and Rose combined I dont see whats the issue :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
05-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Magic Johnson's 1989
Magic Johnson's 1990
Charles Barkley's 1993
Karl Malone's 1997
Allen Iverson's 2001
Derrick Rose's 2011
Kevin Durant's 2014

All very touching stories.

BBallZen83
05-06-2014, 03:08 PM

Rose was a bad MVP. Durant however won it hands down this year.

Young X
05-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Kobe's MVP in 08 was about as obvious and clear cut as it gets.No it wasn't.

blablabla
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
No it wasn't.
Best Record in the West, great stats
who would you have voted? Lebron, he only led the cavs to 45 wins no way he could have gotten an MVP, KG didn't have the stats, the only other viable candidate was cp3

JellyBean
05-06-2014, 03:34 PM

http://verastic.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fainting-GIF.gif

Svendiggity
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
who would you have voted? Lebron, he only led the cavs to 45 wins no way he could have gotten an MVP, KG didn't have the stats, the only other viable candidate was cp3

I remember following the Hornets and Lakers that year. Cp3 had unbelievably IQ for a player his age. And that speed was something you only see in players in there early twenties. It was a devastating combination that you rarely see.

That being said, when the two teams squared off in the final week of the regular season, Kobe proved why he was the MVP. The double clutch reverse dunk in the 4th quarter pretty much sealed the deal on that MVP race.

Droid101
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
ITT: a lot of butthurt bran fans.

NumberSix
05-06-2014, 03:55 PM
ITT: a lot of butthurt bran fans.
Thought you had everyone on ignore doe?

SamuraiSWISH
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Good point.

CP3 is the ONLY one who had a case against Kobe.

LeBron's stats were brillaint that season, even though he still wasn't playing defense yet. 30/7/7 is hard to argue against, but he didn't have the record.

AKA the reason Kobe didn't get it, though should have in 2006, and 2007. People arguing against his 2008 MVP can't have their cake and eat it too with their selective argument.

KG had the record, and nice stats ... but simply not near as dominant individually as CP3 or Kobe's regular season. Plus he had the most help by far out of all the MVP competitors. I mean a near prime Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen.

People forget Kobe carried the Lakers to the 3rd best record in the superior Western Conference before they even aquired Pau Gasol.

Kobe validated his MVP in the playoffs, even though with more help in his supporting cast than CP3 ... who also was impressive, just not as impressive as Mamba.

Bryant absolutely deserved the 2008 MVP all things considering. That was a season with a lot of legit cases for MVP though. But it boiled down to Kobe v.s. CP3 for me.

tmacattack33
05-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Durant deserved it this year easily.

Not sure about Rose's. Kobe was ehh.

lilgodfather1
05-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Cp3s mvp, dwights mvp, and durants mvp seasons. All good stories, I guess.

dc_chilling
05-06-2014, 11:38 PM
KD deserved his MVP without a doubt. Better stats with a better record in a tougher conference. KD was a monster this season, and I loved watching him destroy teams on a nightly basis. He isn't on the same level as a fully engaged Lebron James, but he was slightly better than the coasting regular season version this year.

That said, Roses MVP was just an abomination. I mean, of all the years to give it to Rose they chose the year that Lebron switches teams to do it. The Cavs team he left instantly became one of the worst teams in the history of the league after winning 66 games the year before, and the team he switched to made it to the NBA finals obliterating the Bulls along the way. What could possibly show "value" more than that?

I know the MVP voting was before the playoffs but damn, it really looks bad in retrospect.

JohnFreeman
05-06-2014, 11:42 PM
2011 was the worse MVP

nathanjizzle
05-06-2014, 11:48 PM
rose played better than everyone in the league in 2011, thats why he was unanimous. yes including lebron, durant, dirk, and howard. dont believe? ask yourself did you watch the games? :lol i did.

still to this day, i havent seen any player yet to have carried there team like rose did the bulls.

DaSeba5
05-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Both Durant and Rose very much deserved their MVPs.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-06-2014, 11:55 PM
rose played better than everyone in the league in 2011, thats why he was unanimous. yes including lebron, durant, dirk, and howard. dont believe? ask yourself did you watch the games? :lol i did.

still to this day, i havent seen any player yet to have carried there team like rose did the bulls.

:roll:

JohnFreeman
05-06-2014, 11:57 PM

That Bulls team was f*cking awesome..:biggums:

moe94
05-07-2014, 12:01 AM

What? Rose wasn't even a top 5 player in 2011.

LeBron
Durant
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Howard

Clearly better than him.

dunksby
05-07-2014, 12:41 AM
GOBB is a trend following troll, whoever is getting beaten on GOBB joins in as well (even his avvy is a copied style). I guess he gets a lot of free time while he delivers letters and parcels to people.

SexSymbol
05-07-2014, 01:14 AM

all of them deserved their MVPs quite easily

KG215
05-07-2014, 02:48 AM
ISH, where averaging 32-7-6 on 50/39/87 shooting on a 59 win team in a brutal Western Conference is just a "nice MVP story."

Legends66NBA7
05-07-2014, 02:55 AM
What? Rose wasn't even a top 5 player in 2011.

LeBron
Durant
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Howard

Clearly better than him.

Swap Melo with Wade and I agree.