PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it, LeBron is never winning another MVP.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
I said it, and it's really easy coming to that conclusion. According to his stans, LeBron coasted (half assing it is another way to put it) during the RS. If this is true, at age 29 and on his last 2 or 3 max years of his prime, dude ia already at that stage of his career that he can't go all out during the regular season? That doesn't bode well for his MVP chances from here on out. He's getting older and if he can't put out that kind of effort night in and night out, he ain't winning anymore MVPs, this year is a great example. Young cats are ready to come in and snatch what was a given to LeBron, his stans were so sure he'd get an MVP this season and they're all salty as fvck, never mind that KD had better personal stats and led his team to a better record, they out there hating :facepalm And just to set the record straight, this doesn't mean Bran can't keep on contending for chips, that's more of a team accomplishment, check out Tim Duncan, he's out there trying to get more titles even though his MVP years are behind him...

Bookmark this, LeBron's MVP reign is done.

FireDavidKahn
05-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Ok.

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Look at all the minutes he's played in the last 3 years going to the finals every time and no serious injuries. It's smart to coast at that point

imdaman99
05-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm sure he's ok with that. If this seasons any indication, only rings matter to him.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Look at all the minutes he's played in the last 3 years going to the finals every time and no serious injuries. It's smart to coast at that point
I get that, but you can't coast and win MVPs. He's gonna be on the wrong side of 30 very soon.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm sure he's ok with that. If this seasons any indication, only rings matter to him.
His stans were bragging that he was gonna end up with more MVPs than KAJ or MJ not too long ago, they can forget that :oldlol:

moe94
05-06-2014, 03:19 PM
You understand people will only bump this, right?

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Well he'll be over 30 next season, it will be all about coasting in regular season.

Solefade
05-06-2014, 03:23 PM
he's been to 3 straight finals probably on his way to his 4th and played the olympics...why wouldn't he half ass this regular season? so stupid

Leroy Jetson
05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Lebron was lucky to have peaked after the primes of Duncan, Garnett and Kobe and before the primes of Durant, Griffin, LMA. He will be lucky to get one more.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:25 PM
You understand people will only bump this, right?
I'm fine with that. If he needed to half ass it this season, what makes you think he'll put out the effort next year being one year older, especially if his team makes another deep playoffs run (they should being in the cream puff East).

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
he's been to 3 straight finals probably on his way to his 4th and played the olympics...why wouldn't he half ass this regular season? so stupid
If he wants to be GOAT, he needs to at the very least, equal GOAT accolades, no?

moe94
05-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Lebron was lucky to have peaked after the primes of Duncan, Garnett and Kobe and before the primes of Durant, Griffin, LMA. He will be lucky to get one more.

LeBron would have won MVPs over any of them. The hell are you on? His regular seasons were as good as anyone's. :facepalm

Homie legit said LMA and Griffin. Christ.

cos88
05-06-2014, 03:30 PM
ain't going to read your shit, 1 star'd too.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:33 PM
I laid out my argument, you counter with this weak shit, GTFO my thread:mad:

Trollsmasher
05-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm calling it, OP will never stop being a pha*got

Keno
05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
he's winning a minimum of two more.

Rose'sACL
05-06-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm fine with that. If he needed to half ass it this season, what makes you think he'll put out the effort next year being one year older, especially if his team makes another deep playoffs run (they should being in the cream puff East).
why should he if he keeps getting to the finals each year? Jordan never had the chance to go to 4 straight finals otherwise i am sure he would have taken it a little easy in the RS himself.
I am sure he would get another MVP if he gets away from NBA like Jordan did or if by some miracle he doesn't reach the finals in coming years or even this year.
I think he gets 1 more anyways. lets say a 34 yr old lebron puts up 24PPG,9APG, 9RPG on 60% FG(playing even more near the basket) while having a 66+ win team while durant puts up 30ppg-8-6 on 51% FG on a 57 win team. NBA might give it to lebron just because of the Age factor and team record. Those would be way way better stats than what rose had.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I really doubt it. I mean, if Bran feels he can't go all out anymore, how's he gonna win more MVPs half assing it with younger fresher legs going at it? Just common sense, man.

RagaZ
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
30 years old.

Vienceslav
I'll say 2 more.

Solefade
If he wants to be GOAT, he needs to at the very least, equal GOAT accolades, no?

yeah then he should probably retire for a year or two then come back and do another 3peat :rolleyes:

Solefade
05-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I really doubt it. I mean, if Bran feels he can't go all out anymore, how's he gonna win more MVPs half assing it with younger fresher legs going at it? Just common sense, man.

you're going to totally ignore the years he retired from all basketball activities?? :oldlol: don't be so dense

NumberSix
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
safe

zoom17
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM

This

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:49 PM
why should he if he keeps getting to the finals each year? Jordan never had the chance to go to 4 straight finals otherwise i am sure he would have taken it a little easy in the RS himself.
I am sure he would get another MVP if he gets away from NBA like Jordan did or if by some miracle he doesn't reach the finals in coming years or even this year.
I think he gets 1 more anyways. lets say a 34 yr old lebron puts up 24PPG,9APG, 9RPG on 60% FG(playing even more near the basket) while having a 66+ win team while durant puts up 30ppg-8-6 on 51% FG on a 57 win team. NBA might give it to lebron just because of the Age factor and team record. Those would be way way better stats than what rose had.
In five years, there will be guys we don't even know right now balling, your scenario could happen but I'm betting it won't. It's a young man's game.

GODbe
05-06-2014, 03:51 PM
:lol :lol :roll: :roll:

TheMan
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
you're going to totally ignore the years he retired from all basketball activities?? :oldlol: don't be so dense
At the same time, MJ left 2 prime years on the table. He could've racked up more chips, MVPs, career points etc...:confusedshrug:

lilgodfather1
05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
LeBron would have had to knock it out of the park this year. He would have had to have the best record in the nba, and the best stats. After playing about 300 games over the three previous years. Voter fatigue is a real thing, I called it way before the season started that lbj couldn't win the mvp this year. He still came in second. Next year, he will win it though. It took kd a serious westbrook injury to wun it this year, how often is that going to happen.

Mr. Incredible
05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Guarantee he will win it next year.

lilgodfather1
05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
At the same time, MJ left 2 prime years on the table. He could've racked up more chips, MVPs, career points etc...:confusedshrug:
Or had a career ending injury. We don't know.

TheMan
05-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I had an interesting thought, could LeBron win a DPOY before his career is over or has that ship sailed? Defense takes talent but it's mostly based on effort. Does he have the stamina to pull it off? His stans like to talk about his otherwordly D but he doesn't have a DPOY award to his name:confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
05-06-2014, 04:07 PM
In five years, there will be guys we don't even know right now balling, your scenario could happen but I'm betting it won't. It's a young man's game.
i was just talking about when he gets old. if durant loses against clippers then voters might give the next MVP to lebron even if durant has better stats next season but lebron has better team record.
lets say lebron threepeats this year and then posts 27-8-8 next year on 58% given that if wade stays then he would play even lesser while durant puts up 30-8-6 on 51%. In this case if lebron has the team with way better team record with 7-8 more wins than durant's team, then he would get the MVP. when lebron won in 2010 after losing in playoffs the year before, no player on a good team was even near him going by stats and team wins otherwise i am sure he would have lost that year.

guy
05-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Its possible. As of now, the only players currently in the league that I could see either win MVP or grow into a player that can win MVP over Lebron over the next 4-5 years is Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, and Steph Curry (given a historically great shooting season with 20+ ppg and 9+ apg). That ship has sailed for players like Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony, and I just can't see guys like Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Paul George, LaMarcus Aldridge, James Harden, Russel Westbrook, Damian Lillard, and John Wall winning MVP (great players, just not MVP great.)

I also can't imagine Lebron actually giving up the possibility of matching or surpassing Jordan in MVPs so I imagine him going all out and gunning for it for some more regular seasons.

Who knows though? Its completely possible that Durant is about to have an MVP run similar to what Lebron had i.e. 4 MVPs in 5 years. If thats the case, then it'll be hard for Lebron to win another one.

Cocaine80s
05-06-2014, 04:39 PM
OP talking bout stamina when lebron is the most freakish athlete in NBA history. Never been injured for multiple games, and doesnt get tired. its more mental fatigue than physical this year.

Fudge
05-06-2014, 04:41 PM
You're just asking for a bump in the future. :facepalm

Even I can't agree with you on this.

red1
05-06-2014, 04:41 PM
he will get another one

dubeta
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
LeBron can never win another MVP and will still end up with more than Durant ever will :bowdown: :bowdown:

Marchesk
05-06-2014, 04:45 PM

You mean he's lucky to have peaked after Nash.

jlip
05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm glad you're "calling it". That really makes it official now.

Prometheus
05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
OP you are not giving Durant enough credit for the season he had. LeBron coasted his way to a campaign that would have won him an MVP in plenty of seasons past. What Durant did this year does not happen every year. Have some perspective.

Keno
05-06-2014, 05:36 PM

we still don't know what lebron without athleticism will look like. will he be a full time power forward living the post averaging 28ppg-10rpg-6apg on 60% shooting? or a full time point guard averaging 24ppg-7rpg-11apg on 55% shooting? either way, if his team wins 60+ games with those stats, he will win mvps.

CelticBaller
05-06-2014, 05:38 PM
they will gift him another

red1
05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
they will gift him another
:roll: this guy. shouldve chosen clipps bro

BlackVVaves
05-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Bron will retire with 5 or 6 MVPs. Whether OP enjoys the thought or not.

Greatness deserves to be highlighted. Like KD today, like Bron last season, and like the many trailblazers in the game throughout NBA history.

CelticBaller
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
:roll: this guy. shouldve chosen clipps bro
bro, it ain't over til we go down :no:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I said it, and it's really easy coming to that conclusion. According to his stans, LeBron coasted (half assing it is another way to put it) during the RS. If this is true, at age 29 and on his last 2 or 3 max years of his prime, dude ia already at that stage of his career that he can't go all out during the regular season? That doesn't bode well for his MVP chances from here on out. He's getting older and if he can't put out that kind of effort night in and night out, he ain't winning anymore MVPs, this year is a great example. Young cats are ready to come in and snatch what was a given to LeBron, his stans were so sure he'd get an MVP this season and they're all salty as fvck, never mind that KD had better personal stats and led his team to a better record, they out there hating :facepalm And just to set the record straight, this doesn't mean Bran can't keep on contending for chips, that's more of a team accomplishment, check out Tim Duncan, he's out there trying to get more titles even though his MVP years are behind him...

Bookmark this, LeBron's MVP reign is done.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lebron-and-Magic-Laughing.gif
http://i.imgur.com/KLyJGLZ.gif
http://i.imgur.com/89gsAfi.gif

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 05:52 PM
this
he will rest all summer and destroy the league next season once again.
durant won his mvp and it will most likely be his only one.
he can have the scoring titles doe:roll: :roll: :roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 05:53 PM
I had an interesting thought, could LeBron win a DPOY before his career is over or has that ship sailed? Defense takes talent but it's mostly based on effort. Does he have the stamina to pull it off? His stans like to talk about his otherwordly D but he doesn't have a DPOY award to his name:confusedshrug:
he shoukld have won in 09 and 2012.
not his fault the league doesnt want to give him DPOY and MVP in the same season:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

russwest0
05-06-2014, 05:53 PM
And why would you want him to?

Durant is the better basketball player and far better person. He brought random fans in the audience, and all around america, to tears. He brought his owner to tears, he brought a teammate that just got there a few months ago to tears.

Shit was crazy, I want to see his speech next year.

secund2nun
05-06-2014, 06:02 PM
His stans were bragging that he was gonna end up with more MVPs than KAJ or MJ not too long ago, they can forget that :oldlol:

You are a butthurt delusional hater. He has 4 MVPs by age 29 and will win more.

I bet you were one of those people that said Lebron will never win a title, and then said Lebron got lucky and will never win another title :roll:

crawdaddy4ou
05-06-2014, 06:59 PM
And why would you want him to?

Durant is the better basketball player and far better person. He brought random fans in the audience, and all around america, to tears. He brought his owner to tears, he brought a teammate that just got there a few months ago to tears.

Shit was crazy, I want to see his speech next year.

Yea I don't see how KD can top that speech this time next year.

LoneyROY7
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
LeBron would have won MVPs over any of them. The hell are you on? His regular seasons were as good as anyone's. :facepalm

Homie legit said LMA and Griffin. Christ.

BG will win his first MVP next season, coming off this year's championship.

Mr Exlax
05-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Man you were such a great poster when you had Pip as your avatar.

pauk
05-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Thats what they used to say when he teamed up with Wade.

I think Lebron will win at least 1-2 more MVPs, somebody has to play some epic basketball WHILE having the best / one of the best team records (which KD did) to take it away from him even while he is coasting...

TheMan
05-06-2014, 09:31 PM
You are a butthurt delusional hater. He has 4 MVPs by age 29 and will win more.

I bet you were one of those people that said Lebron will never win a title, and then said Lebron got lucky and will never win another title :roll:
:no: Check my post history, I have never made such a claim, in fact, I've said LeBron would end up with 4-5 chips to his name...if that's being a hater, then you nut huggers must think he's gonna win 22 titles :facepalm

TheMan
05-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Thats what they used to say when he teamed up with Wade.

I think Lebron will win at least 1-2 more MVPs, somebody has to play some epic basketball WHILE having the best / one of the best team records (which KD did) to take it away from him even while he is coasting...
KD will win more than just one, and he's only 25...