PDA

View Full Version : How good of a fit would Mike D'Antoni be for GSW?

Solefade
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
i would actually like to see this happen

super explosive offense, trade d.lee get ryan anderson or another stretch 4

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Well Curry is not Nash, D'Antoni needs a pass-first PG. Curry can pass, but hes still not the ideal PG for D'Antoni's system.

JellyBean
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
I think this would be a perfect fit for MDAT. A run and gun system. No defense. This would be an ideal fit for him.

Solefade
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Well Curry is not Nash, D'Antoni needs a pass-first PG. Curry can pass, but hes still not the ideal PG for D'Antoni's system.

man if jeremy lin can flourish with MDA you can bet your ass steph curry can as well :facepalm

Levity
05-06-2014, 03:50 PM
a post i made in another thread

"dubs fans, do you think mike D would be a good ASSISTANT coach for you guys? obvioulsy, i wouldnt want to curse any team by having his as your head coach, but if he was willing to be an assistant/ associate head coach, how would you guys like that? your team is PERFECT for his offense. and then a coach like JVG would seem fitting."

so i agree with OP to an extent. i dont see Mike D landing a head coaching gig anytime soon. but if he had that brian shaw title when he was on the pacers, "associate head coach" then he might come when the beckon.

KungFuJoe
05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
D'antoni doesn't have the respect to be a head coach. He's also too offensive minded. Maybe if you pair him up with a defensive minded asst coach...but I still think he lost a LOT of respect from his Laker stint.

Solefade
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
i think MDA can possibly resurrect his coaching career here after two horrible jobs in NY and LA

i know this sounds crazy but what if MDA head coached and Mike Brown was the defensive assistant coach? :lol

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
man if jeremy lin can flourish with MDA you can bet your ass steph curry can as well :facepalm

How many games did Jeremy Lin play for MDA? We are talking about an entire season, not just a stretch of 10 games in which a scrub player transforms into superstar since nobody knew or prepare for him.

Levity
05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
also, what worked for mark jackson and the warriors, is that he got them to buy into his team defense philosophies. it was only then that we saw the W's consistently coming in the dubs. Dantoni's defensive philosophy is to out score the other team. thats going to be a huge detrimental difference

IGOTGAME
05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
whoever picks up this team is gonna look good because of the groundwork that Jackson put in...Front office must have just not liked Jackson because he was doing a fine job.

Heavincent
05-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Honestly? I don't think D'Antoni is THAT bad. He's just an average coach. Not terrible, but not great. The Knicks were and still are garbage and the Lakers were obviously terrible this year. I kind of want to see him coach a really talented team again, just to see what happens.

jzek
05-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Would be unfair. Curry would probably average close to 35-40 a game.

scm5
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Would be unfair. Curry would probably average close to 35-40 a game.

To go along with 11 apg

davehos
05-06-2014, 04:13 PM
i would actually like to see this happen

super explosive offense, trade d.lee get ryan anderson or another stretch 4

D'Antoni? So they get into the playoffs and manage to get stomped in the first round because they'll have to put up 130 points a game due to lack of defense?

GS was the 3rd best defense in the league. Mark Jackson made them a defense first team that had lights out shooters. It was the "Spurs recipe" for success and I think with better interior defense they could have taken it to the next step.

Terrible move by GS.

qrich
05-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Andrew, shoot threes? Why are you posting people up?

Avi Lee, get the hell out of the paint, treat it like its lava. Treat the entire inside of the arc like lava!

Heavincent
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
I think this would be a perfect fit for MDAT. A run and gun system. No defense. This would be an ideal fit for him.

Except two of the 5 players in the Warriors starting lineup are defensive minded. What you just described would completely alienate Iggy and Bogut.

Derka
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
At some point, its going to sink in that this guy is at best a good assistant coach. Teams need to stop giving him head coaching jobs.

Bl
05-06-2014, 04:25 PM
MDA would fit better with timberwolves or boston