PDA

View Full Version : how would the Rockets have fared against the Spurs?

jzek
05-06-2014, 10:10 PM
So far, the Blazers are being complete pushovers. :lol

Proctor
05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Spurs in 6

Milbuck
05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
:oldlol: Who gives a shit about those losers? They would've gotten penetrated by the Spurs, hard.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Rockets in 4. Dwight would look like peak Duncan and Harden would look like peak combination of Michael Jordan and Johnny Unitas.

Alas,
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4398543/portland.gif

Jameerthefear
05-06-2014, 10:14 PM
harden plays well vs. the spurs in both the playoffs and regular season. it would go to 7 imo.

Smook A.
05-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Some teams match up well against other teams

Rockets match-up great against San Antonio. We were 4-0 vs team in the regular season. In the playoffs the Spurs play at another level but I think Houston could push them to 7 games. The Rockets play at a fast pace and they have young players, that's why we probably match up well against them.

Milbuck
05-06-2014, 10:17 PM
The Nets were 4-0 against Miami...and just got shat on tonight.

Regular season H2H means nothing.

Harden is a regular season illusion, a playoff fraud. He'd take it in the ass against San Antonio if he was still in the playoffs :oldlol:

imnew09
05-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Pop bench line up will rape McFail in every possible hole

SCdac
05-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Too many Spurs players missed games in the regular season games, tough to take away anything from it. Judging from the Spurs-Mavs series, I'm assuming SA would come out rusty (starters becoming accustomed to big minutes again), but ultimately warm up and expose Houston's weak team defense. Spurs are having a great game against Portland so far, but we'll see how it unfolds.

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Spurs would still in, probably in 5-6 games rather than in 4. Mavs pushed the Spurs to the limit, and the Spurs are finally in playoffs mode now. You think any Western Conference team can possibly stand a chance against a serious spurs team?

tjgoHAM
05-06-2014, 10:22 PM
the rockets would have a good chance as long as they ran the offense through Dwight and he stayed out of foul trouble

reppy
05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Portland is still pretty young. Even though their series went 6 and not 7 games, I think it may have been more physically grueling. 3 OT games? Total score difference of what, 2 points?

We will have a better picture of where Portland is at after the 2nd game.

Of course, lots of credit to the Spurs players and coaches. They come in prepared.

el_locoteee
05-06-2014, 10:41 PM
If harden played like he did vs Portland no chance, but we don't know if he would have relax by winning a round.

But just looked at the Houston, Portland series. Houston got big leagues in every game, the difference SA knows how to keep them and Houston keep blowing them up.

But Howard present a big big problem for SA, and I knew Portland would have slow down later playing them starter so heavy minutes.

Basically Houston choke 3 games that series that should have been 4-1 max.

I still can believe that defense at game 6.

Mr Exlax
05-06-2014, 10:44 PM
We'd win a game maybe 2. Even though we matched up good in the regular season, coaching comes in to play during the playoffs and, well I'll just keep my mouth shut. Our coach is McHale.

ABfor3
05-06-2014, 10:45 PM
If harden played like he did vs Portland no chance, but we don't know if he would have relax by winning a round.

But just looked at the Houston, Portland series. Houston got big leagues in every game, the difference SA knows how to keep them and Houston keep blowing them up.

But Howard present a big big problem for SA, and I knew Portland would have slow down later playing them starter so heavy minutes.

Basically Houston choke 3 games that series that should have been 4-1 max.

I still can believe that defense at game 6.
Agreed, Our biggest problem was closing out the game, every time we had a comfortable lead we would let them back in the game. That would normally be Hardens strength in the regular season but he went AWOL in the playoffs. We should of had that series but couldn't finish off the games. I do think we would of played better against the Spurs, because we present matchup problems. The biggest issue with Portland is that we are identical teams, which is why the games were all very close.

GimmeThat
05-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Harden plays a bit better, Dwight plays a bit worst.

People wouldn't be blaming Harden for the first round lost.
And the series wouldn't be near as exciting as the one against the Blazers.

Keep in mind, Pop knows how to rest his players, which I suspect a practice he still uses in the back of his mind even during the playoffs. Especially given a healthy squad.

Aidz
05-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Spurs would rape Houston just like they're gonna rape Portland.

Can you imagine Harden trying to defend against the Spurs offense? And Lin?
Would be a blowout every game.

People completely underestimate defence on this board. Houston have none. Portland have barely any. Spurs >>>

SilkkTheShocker
05-07-2014, 12:01 AM
They would get raped. Houston desperately needs a 3rd option and new coach. Parsons is good, but they should sell high on him IMO