PDA

View Full Version : Which finals do you want? Heat vs. Thunder, Spurs, or Clippers?

Akrazotile
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Apologies to Blazers fans here, as I'm not really giving them a shot to reach the finals. Same goes for all the teams in the East besides Miami.

But who would you rather see the Heat square off against for the NBA championship?

For me the order is:
Spurs
Clippers
Thunder

I honestly think the Thunder are a really boring team to watch. It's just Durant shooting freethrows and threes from the top of the key, or Westbrook running around out of control and heaving up prayers that have no business going in even when they do. And a bunch of unskilled players who somehow seem to do just enough to get wins. It's not fun bball to watch really. I like watching real basketball, which Memphis put on display in their series against OKC, and it's a real shame they didn't pull it out IMO.

The Clippers would be more fun to watch than the Thunder, but I don't know that it'd be a great series bc they don't matchup very well with the Heat as they have no answer for Lebron. Although it would def be fun to watch Lebron guard Paul in the 4th quarters.

The Spurs have Diaw to put on Lebron, and obviously Parker and Duncan still. If Ginobili isn't an absolute train wreck again they match up really well against the Heat. Not that I'm even rooting against Miami, just want the best finals possible. Plus the whole rematch element just adds another layer of intrigue. So that's why that'd be my finals of choice.

What about you ****? What finals do you wanna see?

moe94
05-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Heat vs Clippers

oh the horror
05-06-2014, 10:30 PM
I feel like clippers would be most entertaining.

Thunder would lose handily.

Spurs would give them a good series again. I'd go with SA for sure

JimmyMcAdocious
05-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Spurs, again.

Clippers in a distant second.

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Spurs will beat the Heat in 6, the other teams cant. Thunder will take the Heat to no more than 5 games, Clippers may make it to game 6.

imdaman99
05-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Heat vs Thunder. Anyone who doesn't want to see the 2 best players in the NBA battle, doesn't like competition.

I understand it would be too much pressure for branstans though, so I can see why they don't want to risk it.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Really? I think the Thunder would give the least resistance to the Heat of the 3.

red1
05-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Last years series was amazing so I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Cant really go wrong with any of these match-ups

HoopsFanNumero1
05-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Heat-Clippers for sure. Already seen the other two matchups, so I'd prefer something new this time.

QuebecBaller
05-06-2014, 10:35 PM
http://www.posters.ws/images/359010/san_antonio_spurs_team_logo_photofile.jpg

imdaman99
05-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Really? I think the Thunder would give the least resistance to the Heat of the 3.
Thunder have gotten better from 2 years ago. Problem is, so has the competition out West.

AnaheimLakers24
they all will lose

Spaulding
Clippers.

Sure a Finals rematch would be nice but it would never live up to last years.

Real14
05-06-2014, 10:37 PM
like itz gonna matter:coleman:

Leftimage
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Clippers please.
New finals opponent for the Heat.
Big-market team.
Sterling storyline.

If the Thunder were scorching right now I might pick them instead. But they've looked so pedestrian lately and another 5 game smashing at the hands of Miami... well, it WOULD be satisfying but perhaps not that entertaining.

SpaceJammeR
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
clippers will be entertaining. spurs will be the hardest to beat. and okc will be the easiest.

Akrazotile
05-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Heat vs Thunder. Anyone who doesn't want to see the 2 best players in the NBA battle, doesn't like competition.

I understand it would be too much pressure for branstans though, so I can see why they don't want to risk it.

Except they'd virtually never be guarding each other, because Lebron plays on the perimeter and Perkins plays in the paint. And the Thunder don't have anyone else that remotely comes close to matching Lebron's impact.

tpols
05-06-2014, 10:51 PM
heat spurs is the best

imdaman99
05-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Except they'd virtually never be guarding each other, because Lebron plays on the perimeter and Perkins plays in the paint. And the Thunder don't have anyone else that remotely comes close to matching Lebron's impact.
I dunno what Finals you watched in 2012, but bran covered Perkins a lot more often than he did Durant.

He lets his minions aka Battier and company do his dirty work while he gets all the credit.

Scott Brooks will make sure Perkins is out on the floor often again though, so it's a rematch :D

Derka
05-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Brooklyn/Clippers would be ideal for me.

Heat/Clippers or Heat/Spurs would be most likely.

funnystuff
05-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Clippers please.
New finals opponent for the Heat.
Big-market team.
Sterling storyline.

If the Thunder were scorching right now I might pick them instead. But they've looked so pedestrian lately and another 5 game smashing at the hands of Miami... well, it WOULD be satisfying but perhaps not that entertaining.
This.

Keno
05-06-2014, 11:35 PM
heat/clippers would be the best. probably the only team in the nba that has a shot at beating the heat.

DaSeba5
05-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Heat/Spurs- Hardest for Miami. They would have HCA and give Miami match up problems. Although Miami is arguably better this year in the playoffs with a healthy Wade and rested team (assuming Miami's series aren't going to be long this year). But still, that's going to be a tough series for Miami to win. That series really scares me. SA has a chip on their shoulder.

Heat/Clippers- The funnest series of the 3. Both teams have play makers and exciting high lights. Both teams will run up and down the court. Miami would have HCA and the experience in the series. Both teams will have to fly across the country in a 2-2-1-1-1 format, which will be a factor.

Heat/Thunder- Easiest for Miami. The two best players against each other, but Durant can't guard LeBron and the Heat are a bad match up for the Thunder. OKC doesn't have a post presence to stop Bosh and Brook's offense of iso and standing around will absolutely kill them again like it did in 2012. They aren't hard to defend when they all they do is shoot jumpers, which is Miami's strength on defense. Miami's role players also step up and are more consistent than OKC. It would be a 5 game series again, maybe 6, but I feel there would never be that much doubt Miami would win the series.

So overall, the Spurs and Clippers will have the coaching advantage. The Heat will have the experience advantage over the Clippers and Thunder. I would want to play the Thunder because they are the easiest match up.

kamil
05-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Wizards vs. Clippers

JohnFreeman
05-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Miami v OKC. Would love to see Durant get shat on.

Relinquish
05-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Wizards vs. Clippers

GOAT finals. :applause:

Killbot
05-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Heat vs Clippers

JohnMax
05-07-2014, 02:49 AM
Miami may not even have homecourt over Portland because they're both tied at 54-28.

So obviously Clippers would have homecourt over Miami (and Indiana).

Bless Mathews
05-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Wizards vs. Clippers
Yep

SamuraiSWISH
05-07-2014, 02:57 AM
1) Heat v.s. Clippers
2) Heat v.s. Spurs part II

San Antonio is to Miami, what the Jazz were to the Bulls during the 2nd three peat. They're just the worst matchup, and the grittiest / best coached team of the bunch that had well built roster to give the defending champs absolute fits.

no pun intended
05-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers

coin24
05-07-2014, 04:08 AM
1. Clippers

2. Spurs

3. OKC .. Come on, the heat will kick the shit out of OKC again..:facepalm

bdreason
05-07-2014, 04:17 AM
I'd like to see anyone beat the Heat to be honest.

rhowen4
05-07-2014, 04:26 AM
really any of them would be awesome

clips would be interesting for something new i guess

Sharmer
05-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Spurs V Heat.

joeyjoejoe
05-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Clipps for sure

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Heat/Spurs- Hardest for Miami. They would have HCA and give Miami match up problems. Although Miami is arguably better this year in the playoffs with a healthy Wade and rested team (assuming Miami's series aren't going to be long this year). But still, that's going to be a tough series for Miami to win. That series really scares me. SA has a chip on their shoulder.

Heat/Clippers- The funnest series of the 3. Both teams have play makers and exciting high lights. Both teams will run up and down the court. Miami would have HCA and the experience in the series. Both teams will have to fly across the country in a 2-2-1-1-1 format, which will be a factor.

Heat/Thunder- Easiest for Miami. The two best players against each other, but Durant can't guard LeBron and the Heat are a bad match up for the Thunder. OKC doesn't have a post presence to stop Bosh and Brook's offense of iso and standing around will absolutely kill them again like it did in 2012. They aren't hard to defend when they all they do is shoot jumpers, which is Miami's strength on defense. Miami's role players also step up and are more consistent than OKC. It would be a 5 game series again, maybe 6, but I feel there would never be that much doubt Miami would win the series.

So overall, the Spurs and Clippers will have the coaching advantage. The Heat will have the experience advantage over the Clippers and Thunder. I would want to play the Thunder because they are the easiest match up.

Actually Clippers would have HCA not Heat

Dengness9
05-07-2014, 02:06 PM
As fun as it would be to see the Clips and Heat....

Gotta be another SA/Miami showdown..... But the Spurs have to go through a good to really good team every round, gonna be hard to make it out of the West, and then what's left when you do?

jzek
05-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Wizards vs Clips

Two exciting teams. No Spurs pls... they are too boring.

Dengness9
05-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Wizards vs Clips

Two exciting teams. No Spurs pls... they are too boring.

Wizards look good, are an emerging team but a 44 win team, that might have scratched 50 with a healthier regular season, aren't beating the star studded coasting rested Heat.

D-FENS
05-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Wizards vs Spurs

Flash31
05-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Heat vs Clips or
Heat vs SAS

Heat vs Spurs:Part 2 would be Great
Heat vs Clips would be the most exciting series
Paul,Griffin,DJ v Wade,LJ,Bosh and the pace,style tex play would make some great exciting highlight worthy games

although Heat vs OKC is probably what the league wants in terms of story,ratings
Durant stole LJ MVP and is crowned Best
Will OKC get their redemption or will LJ reclaim the throne of Best Player and prove it again where it counts?
Is KD the Malone to LJ's Michael?
Small Town vs Big Time,glitz,glamour
Big 3 vs Big 3
(Ibaka) (Bosh)
Old time veterans from hostile pasts that excel in clutch situations and bring back their old glory (LaL Fisher)(Bos Allen)

Id prefer Heat vs LAC then Heat vs Spurs

diamenz
05-07-2014, 07:02 PM
spurs or thunder vs. heat... i don't really care who wins i just want a great series with drama lol.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Heat vs Clippers
This.

SpecialQue
05-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Let's not pretend that people don't want to see a rematch with the Spurs after last year's loss. I know everyone's pumped about Durant, but let's see the Spurs get one more crack at it before Timmy retires.