PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna continue to pretend Tony Parker isn't a Top 2 PG?

tjgoHAM
05-06-2014, 10:30 PM
You can't sit there and honestly tell me you'd take any PG with the possible exception of CP3 over him if you want to build a championship team TODAY.

navy
05-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Parker is overrated and underrated.

plowking
05-06-2014, 10:35 PM
He also falls down and flops after every shot. I'm not sure how anyone can enjoy his game. Him and Ginobili are unbearable.

ABfor3
05-06-2014, 10:37 PM
He's not top 2

SCdac
Parker has to be up there, given his experience and confidence in his midrange jumper. But idk. People are hatin on Lillard all of a sudden, and Westbrook gets alot of hate, but people got to realize Spurs have the deepest team in the league. They have starters coming off the bench. Had nearly 8 players average 10 ppg or more in the RS. Parker can kinda coast in the regular season (playing only 29 minutes per game) to later turn it up in the playoffs. Some other franchise players don't have that luxury. But on talent, experience, and ability he's superb.

Chizdog
He also falls down and flops after every shot. I'm not sure how anyone can enjoy his game. Him and Ginobili are unbearable.

Flopping is part of the game you ****0t. King Lebron is the best player in the world because of flopping and good basketball skills.

Young X
Curry > Parker

tjgoHAM
05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
He's not top 2

who is then? you cant just say that and not offer up a name, come on now...

These young bloods like Lillard, Curry, Wall, etc. are the future but they are not as complete or cerebral as Parker is now.

SwishSquared
05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Parker is overrated and underrated.
I can see this actually lol. He's fairly underrated imo in regards to discussions of top players in the league. Fits in perfectly in that SAS/Pop system. Has he lost any quickness over the years? This guy moves so well considering how many years he's played pro ball and made deep playoff runs

TheMagicMan
05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Are we gonna continue to pretend like we don't make knee-jerk reactions after every ****ing game :facepalm

DMAVS41
05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Here is the problem;

16/2/6 47% TS in the finals and nobody said anything about it...

Parker is a great player, no doubt, but he's not a superstar

GimmeThat
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
For one season and one season alone yes.

But I think Westbrook deserves to be mentioned here.

Parker is probably the most efficient point guard on a 5 man team.

tjgoHAM
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Are we gonna continue to pretend like we don't make knee-jerk reactions after every ****ing game :facepalm

not a knee jerk reaction. I meant to make this thread for a while now it just so happened on a night Parker is reminding us all of his greatness. :bowdown:

GimmeThat
05-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Curry > Parker

I still have a tough time thinking of Curry as a traditional PG

I think of him more as a stretch guard with passing ability.
It's really his range that allows him to be such a good passer.

If stretch guard is even a term :lol

ABfor3
05-06-2014, 10:54 PM
who is then? you cant just say that and not offer up a name, come on now...

These young bloods like Lillard, Curry, Wall, etc. are the future but they are not as complete or cerebral as Parker is now.
Okay take your pick
CP3
Westbrook
Curry

tjgoHAM
05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Okay take your pick
CP3
Westbrook
Curry

only cp3 has a legit argument, westbrook is an elite athlete and scorer but doesn't make nearly as many plays for others, also chucks a lot of bad shots. Curry obviously an elite shooter but turnover prone and also doesn't set up others like parker

steve
05-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I still have a tough time thinking of Curry as a traditional PG

I think of him more as a stretch guard with passing ability.
It's really his range that allows him to be such a good passer.

If stretch guard is even a term :lol

If you don't see Curry as a traditional point, then what is Parker? Unless you don!'to consider Parker one either. But then that gets to the issue of putting a point guard into a very specific classification (it's basically like saying if a powers forward doesn't grab 10 boards a game, he's not a true power forward...why does this distinction only hold for a plot guard?).

chocolatethunder
05-07-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry did you ever see Iverson play? I mea he did that if anyone got near him. His arms would start flailing around and he'd jerk his head back haha it was incredible.

davehos
05-07-2014, 01:00 AM
Curry > Parker

I'm going to go with no on this one.

Leroy Jetson
05-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Parker is incredibly crafty and no one finishes better than him. So much higher basketball IQ than other PGs other than Paul. Top 2 in my book.

oarabbus
05-07-2014, 02:25 AM

Like CP3 doesn't? :oldlol:

Leroy Jetson
05-07-2014, 02:32 AM
He only averaged 3.9 Free throw attempts per game and he lives in the paint. Pretty sure he isn't throwing himself on the ground risking injuries for that many attempts. Dude gets no respect from the refs.

Breezy
05-07-2014, 04:59 AM
To the original question. Yes I was going to pretend that.