05-06-2014, 10:41 PM
https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/463867487461703680

Lettuce discuss.

red1
05-06-2014, 10:42 PM
dumb comment #847

oh the horror
That has to be taken out of context. If not, wow.

SIRI1
From same tweeter:

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 2m
Context being lost, so tweeting the rest of that LeBron quote about MVP....

.... "We had too many up & down stretches throughout the season, and if my team's not winning, then I shouldn't be the MVP."

SavageMode
05-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Lebron should have 5 MVPs. Derrick Rose pity season.

LoneyROY7
Bran being Bran.

Akrazotile
https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/463867487461703680

Lettuce discuss.

Not as bad as Kobe's trade demand to the Bulls when he didn't have Shaq to carry him in the west.

TheMagicMan
05-06-2014, 10:44 PM
From same tweeter:

His PR team works fast, I'll giv'em that much :applause:

oh the horror
From same tweeter:

Ah there it is.

Better.

oh the horror
Not as bad as Kobe's trade demand to the Bulls when he didn't have Shaq to carry him in the west.

Annmnnnnd it begins.

TheMagicMan
05-06-2014, 10:45 PM

Kobe = GOAT front office motivator :applause:

Quizno
05-06-2014, 10:45 PM
wow, that quote was taken waaaaayyy out of context lol

daily
05-06-2014, 10:47 PM

How insecure do you have to be to bring up Kobe in a thread that's strictly about a Lebron James quote

VengefulAngel
05-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Taken out of context, here's the rest

"We had too many up & down stretches throughout the season, and if my team's not winning, then I shouldn't be the MVP."

^^

215Philly
05-06-2014, 10:48 PM
wow, that quote was taken waaaaayyy out of context lol
This. I hate the media sometimes :facepalm

GODbe
What a "team player". :applause:

tjgoHAM
the only bran I like is raisin bran

dabigbaws
05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
great team mate.

VengefulAngel
05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
LeBron starts press conference by congratulating Kevin Durant. "Hell of a season, KD."

and this ^^

Derka
05-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Dude took a quote out of context to draw in hits and re-tweets and then posted the full thing with context after the fact.

This is what passes as "the media" these days

TheMagicMan
05-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Dude took a quote out of context to draw in hits and re-tweets and then posted the full thing with context after the fact.

This is what passes as "the media" these days

Heat media just as scum as the team they cover :facepalm

bukowski81
05-06-2014, 10:53 PM
That second quote is basically saying the same except a little bit nicer.

He isnt saying he should not win MVP because Durant played better than him, he is saying he should not be MVP becasue his team had a lot of ups and downs

selrahc
05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
lebron is such a bitch. basically he thinks that he is the greatest but his team is too shit to win a lot of games.

SilkkTheShocker
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Kobe = GOAT front office motivator :applause:
He demanded a trade. Flat out quit on his team

JohnFreeman
05-06-2014, 11:09 PM
F*ck the media

The-Legend-24
05-06-2014, 11:13 PM
What a fvcking fakkit.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 11:16 PM
That second quote is basically saying the same except a little bit nicer.

He isnt saying he should not win MVP because Durant played better than him, he is saying he should not be MVP becasue his team had a lot of ups and downs
which is absolutely true.
or do you think durant was actually better??:roll: :roll:

russwest0
05-06-2014, 11:17 PM
This following Durant having the most humble MVP acceptance speech ever :lol

truhooper
05-06-2014, 11:18 PM
future negged:coleman:

AirTupac
LeBron is the worst teammate ever :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
"I think I played well enough to win it, but I don't think our team played well enough to win it."

"We had too many up & down stretches throughout the season, and if my team's not winning, then I shouldn't be the MVP."

i dont see how this second part does anything good to his first statement. passive/agressive butthurt beta imo.

bukowski81
05-06-2014, 11:21 PM
which is absolutely true.
or do you think durant was actually better??:roll: :roll:

only an obsessed kid would think lebron had a better regular season

JohnFreeman
05-06-2014, 11:22 PM
"I think I played well enough to win it, but I don't think our team played well enough to win it."

i dont see how this second part does anything good to his first statement. passive/agressive butthurt beta imo.
"I should have done what Shaq does ... that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything"
http://i.imgur.com/JUblO9g.jpg

red1
05-06-2014, 11:23 PM
dumb comment #847
Wow looks like I overreacted.

.... "We had too many up & down stretches throughout the season, and if my team's not winning, then I shouldn't be the MVP."
What a great guy. Not an ounce of rapist in him.

DaSeba5
05-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Stupid media :facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
05-06-2014, 11:25 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bagelred
05-06-2014, 11:26 PM
I really could use some more LeBran in my diet...

MMM
05-06-2014, 11:27 PM

my niguh

G-train
05-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Who cares, this is garbage.
Everything this guy says is analysed, get a life.

Im Still Ballin
05-06-2014, 11:30 PM
****ing muther****ers.

stop trying to manipulate his words ****heads.

soo sick of trolling kobe dicktakers like Mr. Jabbar.

Go kill yourself mother****er you troll

AirTupac
05-06-2014, 11:31 PM
****ing muther****ers.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/218/547/WTFisThisShit.png

red1
05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
"I should have done what Shaq does ... that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything"
http://i.imgur.com/JUblO9g.jpg
:roll:

TheMagicMan
05-06-2014, 11:35 PM
****ing muther****ers.

Dis nikka having a full on meltdown :roll: :roll: :roll:

SavageMode
05-06-2014, 11:48 PM

Ether.

SexSymbol
05-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Why would you throw your teammates under the bus when you're the second seed and going strong through the play-offs

russwest0
05-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Why would you throw your teammates under the bus when you're the second seed and going strong through the play-offs

he wants more attention

Solefade
05-07-2014, 01:26 AM
the media is so retarded sometimes

Solefade
05-07-2014, 01:27 AM

pretty sure kobe has thrown andrew bynum under the bus, as well as smush and then pau when they lost in the finals in 2008 :oldlol:

Asukal
05-07-2014, 02:04 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

It's always anybody else's fault but Lebron...

That beta mentality... :rolleyes:

Cali Syndicate
05-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Huh...

Legends66NBA7
05-07-2014, 03:10 AM
This. I hate the media sometimes :facepalm

Same here.

Pretty sure James and the rest of the Heat should just focus on winning another title.

no pun intended
05-07-2014, 03:10 AM
Taken out of context, here's the rest

^^
Even so, this doesn't sound too good either. Should've said "If I'm not leading my team to win, then I shouldn't be the MVP."

TheMagicMan
05-07-2014, 03:11 AM
Even so, this doesn't sound too good either. Should've said "If I'm not leading my team to win, then I shouldn't be the MVP."

Nah, I think he means it's his fault his team wasn't winning, so therefore he doesn't deserve MVP.

FPJ
05-07-2014, 03:26 AM
the media is so retarded sometimes

Well, if you take a look in this thread, they certainly have a fair amount of brain dead viewers that believe anything that fits their agenda.

chosen_one6
05-07-2014, 03:29 AM
"If MY team is not winning, then I should not be MVP"

He's taking ownership of the fact that he didn't lead his team to as many wins as they should have had, and therefore believes he shouldn't have won.

I swear y'all n*ggas reach for everything.

Asukal
05-07-2014, 03:38 AM

He's taking ownership of the fact that he didn't lead his team to as many wins as they should have had, and therefore believes he shouldn't have won.

He also said:

LeBron on MVP: 'I played well enough to win it,' but team didn't

:rolleyes:

Nash
05-07-2014, 04:17 AM
lol journalist clearly wrote that tweet like that on purpose. expect him to get banned now

edrick
05-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Context is important, dumb ****s will run with this though.

Trollsmasher
05-07-2014, 05:54 AM
even Ethan is doing this media shit?

**** him

buddha
05-07-2014, 06:03 AM
LeBron taking shots at Derrick Rose lol

SpanishACB
05-07-2014, 06:10 AM
whatever the context Lebron is still saying that he played well enough to win MVP

If you acknowledge that you've played good enough for MVP but your team hasn't then you're saying that it's your team's fault

since there's nothing more a player can do to carry his team if he's already playing at MVP level

ILLsmak
05-07-2014, 06:41 AM

Maybe. But it's hard to say. It's definitely open ended. He could have said it differently if that's what he meant.

Bron says a lot of shit that could be interpreted differently. I personally believe the way people arrange words is determined by their true thought. Sentence structure, word choice, etc.

Everything Bron has said about the MVP seemed salty to me. I dunno what happened with Rose, so I can't comment on if he had an opinion on that, but something about KD... maybe he's more threatening because he's the same position and on a better team.

-Smak

dubeta
05-07-2014, 06:44 AM
LeBron has the balls to call out his old/inconsistent, weak supporting cast, instead of singling out betas like Perkins as inspirational teammates :roll:

Alpha as fvck

Dro
05-07-2014, 08:18 AM
How insecure do you have to be to bring up Kobe in a thread that's strictly about a Lebron James quote
This...And a quote thats taken out of context on top of that...Only stans of Durant or Kobe would actually think he said that and not check the context because they WISH he would've said that so they could clown him...Kinda sad....:applause:

Dro
05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
lebron is such a bitch. basically he thinks that he is the greatest but his team is too shit to win a lot of games.
He did not say that AT ALL...Do you guys EVER get tired of trolling?

Trollsmasher
05-07-2014, 08:21 AM
LeBron has the balls to call out his old/inconsistent, weak supporting cast, instead of singling out betas like Perkins as inspirational teammates :roll:

Alpha as fvck
:applause:

Dro
05-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Please show where he threw his teammates under the bus:confusedshrug:

Dro
05-07-2014, 08:27 AM

lll take it a step further...Just because he uses I does not necessarily mean he's saying its HISfault....Everybody knows that every year, we argue that the MVP should be on a winning team and that the team should be performing near the top of their game. He's saying HIS TEAM DID NOT PLAY WELL ENOUGH, WHETHER ITS HIS FAULT OR HIS TEAMMATES FAULT OR EVERYBODY'S FAULT...HE DIDN'T SINGLE ANYONE OUT.

If he would have used "The Miami Heat" in place of "MY", then he would have sounded like a d*ck referring to himself or his team in 3rd person....

These guys are such stans or haters that they will twist ANYTHING...I swear this is nothing but reading comprehension 101....I'm not even a Lebron fan but god damn, these guys make me sick...And half of these posters are supposed to be grown men?:facepalm

Blue&Orange
05-07-2014, 08:43 AM
douchebag comment n

Dro
05-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I actually thinks its absolutely hilarious and absolutely sad at the same time that a bunch of grown men can sit around and hate a basketball player so much...Like, don't you guys have real lives with real worries?:confusedshrug: :lol

tmacattack33
05-07-2014, 10:09 AM
He puts winning above everything else. If his team isn't winning, then he feels like he isn't doing enough to win the mvp.

With the second quote that the guy on twitter posted, it is obvious that is what he meant.

If you asked him if he's the playoff MVP, and if he were to be honest, his answer would likely be "Yes, I'm playing at a high level and have lead my team to win all 5 of our playoff games so far"

pegasus
05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
He didn't play at MVP level. He coasted all season on defense, very rarely took over games when his team needed him to. Yeah, he made sure he got nice stats, but there were so many close games in 4th quarters where he disappeared. Bosh, despite not having great numbers, was their MVP in the clutch. And Wade, whenever he played, played better and had more impact than Lebron.

pauk
05-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Yes, he did play well enough to win it and YES his team didnt play well enough to win it.... it overall wasnt enough because of the team record compared to the other MVP candidate, thats exactly what he means....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.... Why are you editing/taking out of context what he actually said? Are you Lebron butthurtians really that desperate? The actual quote is: "I think I played well enough to win it, but I don't think our team played well enough to win it."
and not: "**** everybody, my team sux, their fault i didnt win MVP, i need more hlp pls" which you want it to be.... :facepalm

Draz
05-07-2014, 10:30 AM
LeBron should of won mvp.

CelticBaller
05-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Yes, he did play well enough to win it and YES his team didnt play well enough to win it.... it overall wasnt enough because of the team record compared to the other MVP candidate, thats exactly what he means....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.... Why are you editing/taking out of context what he actually said? Are you Lebron butthurtians really that desperate? The actual quote is: "I think I played well enough to win it, but I don't think our team played well enough to win it."
and not: "**** everybody, my team sux, their fault i didnt win MVP, i need more hlp pls" which you want it to be....
Seriously? are you defending a guy who blames his individual achievement loss on his teammates? Jesus christ pauk this is as bad as when you blamed D Wade for the 2011 finals :facepalm

pauk
05-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Seriously? are you defending a guy who blames his individual achievement loss on his teammates? Jesus christ pauk this is as bad as when you blamed D Wade for the 2011 finals :facepalm

Defending? Oh really now mr trollie? Is that what you call somebody correcting what he ACTUALLY said....? Get the **** outta here with that bs.... all i am talking to here is haters & trolls... What the hell do you want from me? OP goes: "Its my teams fault i didnt win MVP" (incorrect quote) and even YOU go: "I blame my teammates for not winning MVP" (thats very obviously not how he meant it).... Its like you are trying soooooooooo hard to make/act like Lebron is major douchebag or something taking every little thing he says out of massive context.....

The most famous example:

Lebron: "If we play up to our standards i believe we could win multiple championships and how me, Wade & Bosh contemplate eachother will be easy after challenging in practice once the game starts its going to be easy"
Haters: "I guarantee/promise we will win multiple championships, its going to be very easy"

I am not defending.... i am not pathetic...... YOU ARE....

-Lebron23-
05-07-2014, 10:53 AM
LMAO some stans here need to accept Lebron can make mistakes too. I am sure even himself doesn't feel so well about how that response came out.

To me he had a great season again but wasn't better individually than Durant, who was on fire for months and had a historical scoring stretch. It's no shame to acknowledge that, noting that it takes a historical season to bet Lebron for the MVP trophy...

He is still the best player in the league and the most likely to win that FMVP a month from now so it's all good :D

coin24
05-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Defending? Oh really now mr trollie? Is that what you call somebody correcting what he ACTUALLY said....? Get the **** outta here with that bs.... all i am talking to here is haters & trolls... What the hell do you want from me? OP goes: "Its my teams fault i didnt win MVP" (incorrect quote) and even YOU go: "I blame my teammates for not winning MVP" (thats very obviously not how he meant it).... Its like you are trying soooooooooo hard to make/act like Lebron is major douchebag or something taking every little thing he says out of massive context.....

The most famous example:

Lebron: "If we play up to our standards i believe we could win multiple championships and how me, Wade & Bosh contemplate eachother will be easy after challenging in practice once the game starts its going to be easy"
Haters: "I guarantee/promise we will win multiple championships, its going to be very easy"

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/30697453.jpg

CelticBaller
05-07-2014, 11:04 AM

The most famous example:

1st. Stop trying to misconstrue the quote, we know what it meant, and it is exactly what it sounds like

2nd. He promised multiple championships when he went "Not one,not two..." so wtf are you even talking about?

3rd. I never called you pathetic, but to be honest spending your whole time on the internet defending a man that doesn't even know you exist is pretty close to it.

navy
05-07-2014, 11:07 AM
1st. Stop trying to misconstrue the quote, we know what it meant, and it is exactly what it sounds like

This is false. Notice how the person who posted the quote said that it wasnt meant like that. Why would you take it as something different then the person he was actually talking to and had the full conversation/context?

CelticBaller
05-07-2014, 11:10 AM
This is false. Notice how the person who posted the quote said that it wasnt meant like that. Why would you tke it as something different then the person he was actually talking to and had the full conversation/context?

Ethan J. SkolnickVerified account
@EthanJSkolnick
Cover Miami Heat/NBA for Turner Sports (@BleacherReport) & @TheTicketMiami. Johns Hopkins, Columbia grad. Co-wrote http://Raisingyourgamebook.com . Follow @CaroSkolnick.

and you wonder why he wouldn't defend him after the backlash he got? :facepalm

riseagainst
05-07-2014, 11:26 AM

:oldlol: That dude is such a joke of a human being. What a beta.