PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's last 2 games just as good as Chris Paul's last 2 games.

Connor B
05-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Yet no one bats a ****ing eye. Still one of the most underrated players in the whole league. If these teams meet in the WCF, Tony is gonna make CP3 look retarded.

inclinerator
05-07-2014, 01:01 AM
cp3 is way better

davehos
05-07-2014, 01:01 AM
cp3 is way better

Spurs had their number last year. Let's see how this plays out.

Rob123
05-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Easy Paul hit a bunch of hard threes to get his that's more excited than Tonys elbow jumper.

toooo
05-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Easy Paul hit a bunch of hard threes to get his that's more excited than Tonys elbow jumper.

Elbow jumper or layup.

fpliii
05-07-2014, 01:57 AM
lmao no, of course not. Underrated? He's rated fine. The issue is when people overrate him to marginalize Duncan (and to a lesser extent Pop/Manu) and other PGs in the league.

Young X
05-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Paul had 1 less point on 10 less shots/7 less FT's, 1 more assist with 4 less turnovers and he did it in 8 less minutes against a better team on the road.

Not even close, Parker had a great game, Paul had an amazing game. Plus Parker stat padded when the game was already decided at the end.

Leroy Jetson
05-07-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm not surprised. Parker has been the most consistent and important piece on the Spurs offensively for 4-5 years now. Led them on many deep playoff runs and gets very little credit. If you don't watch the Spurs often you may not realize how Parker strategically picks his spots and takes over games when his team needs him.

During the regular season many games he may play less than 25 minutes so his overall stats aren't as impressive. He has also had a lot of nagging injuries. But he is a big game player and he usually steps it up in the playoffs. Glad to see him rolling.

LoneyROY7
05-07-2014, 02:35 AM
Chris Paul has the OP shook. Shook real bad. :lol

ZoPunde
05-07-2014, 05:01 AM
what do you mean no ones bats an eye, what do you mean by that? do you mean people on this forum? the media?

the other day someone said tony was goat, people on here claim that tony parker is the best point guard in the nba. Go to espn right now and see "parker burns blazers" topic

what did the forum/media do differently for chris paul that they didn't do for tony parker? what more do you want for him? you want us to suck his dlck? :coleman:

BoutPractice
05-07-2014, 06:21 AM
lmao no, of course not. Underrated? He's rated fine. The issue is when people overrate him to marginalize Duncan (and to a lesser extent Pop/Manu) and other PGs in the league.

I've always had a big problem with the reasoning more than the so-called "overrating" of Parker.

For the last time, the worth of basketball players on a team is not a zero sum game. Parker and Ginobili can be better without Duncan being worse...

I rate Parker, Ginobili AND Duncan much higher than most people, and listening to some it's almost like this should be a contradiction in terms, but it's not.

K Xerxes
05-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Parker isn't rated as highly as Paul because he's not as good. If Paul played like Parker did in the finals last year, with that team surrounding him, he gets crucified. Apart from that shot in the first game and that little rally at the end of game 6, Parker played like shit, yet no one batted an eyelid over it. For some reason his poor performances get swept under the carpet, as if the 'old' excuse for Manu and Tim apply to him.

Victoire
05-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Parker isn't rated as highly as Paul because he's not as good. If Paul played like Parker did in the finals last year, with that team surrounding him, he gets crucified. Apart from that shot in the first game and that little rally at the end of game 6, Parker played like shit, yet no one batted an eyelid over it. For some reason his poor performances get swept under the carpet, as if the 'old' excuse for Manu and Tim apply to him.

Sure, let's not pretend he wasnt hurt in the finals... I suggest to some posters to only post when they have a clue.

IGOTGAME
05-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Sure, let's not pretend he wasnt hurt in the finals... I suggest to some posters to only post when they have a clue.
This

K Xerxes
05-07-2014, 08:32 AM

Hurt to the point that he drops to a 16-6 on like 40% player? Funny how he seemed fine when he was torching Chalmers or Cole, but was near useless against James. EVERYONE at that point of the season who played significant minutes carried some sort of knock. Not to mention that Paul gets no excuses if he's injured.

joeyjoejoe
05-07-2014, 08:44 AM

No let ups for being hurt in playoffs for paul so why should parker get a pass, Paul had the most impressive game yesterday of the playoffs so far in 28 minutes with no fts, there both great pgs but op get a f##kin hobby or somethin

fpliii
05-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I've always had a big problem with the reasoning more than the so-called "overrating" of Parker.

For the last time, the worth of basketball players on a team is not a zero sum game. Parker and Ginobili can be better without Duncan being worse...

I rate Parker, Ginobili AND Duncan much higher than most people, and listening to some it's almost like this should be a contradiction in terms, but it's not.
Reread the last sentence of my post. This is clearly an agenda thread. Whenever somebody has the intent of diminishing Duncan or a great point guard and creates a phony Parker 'praise' thread, I'm going to call the OP out on it, and others will do the same.

IGOTGAME
05-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Hurt to the point that he drops to a 16-6 on like 40% player? Funny how he seemed fine when he was torching Chalmers or Cole, but was near useless against James. EVERYONE at that point of the season who played significant minutes carried some sort of knock. Not to mention that Paul gets no excuses if he's injured.

So you've never played injured before. You can be to point where you can move enough to score on bad defenders but not to your normal level that you would need against the best.

btw...Paul would have had an excuse if he lost in the first round. I was saying it since game 1.