PDA

View Full Version : Roy Hibbert..."I Need To Figure It Out"...

Dro
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eview/8784951/

Roy Hibbert, anyone? 'I need to figure it out,' Pacer says

INDIANAPOLIS

Draz
05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Karma. All the shit he gets for talking about his teammates and being a little maggot.

Marchesk
05-07-2014, 12:04 PM
That much is painfully obvious. Can he deliver? That, as Jones noted, remains the million-dollar question.

He should be getting rebounds and blocks even if he can't put it in the hoop. That's what doesn't make any sense.

NumberSix
05-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Lol @ T-Mac... Is this fcuking guy for real? Roy Hibbert has had much more playoff success than this dude.

kamil
05-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Lol @ T-Mac... Is this fcuking guy for real? Roy Hibbert has had much more playoff success than this dude.

:biggums:

oarabbus
05-07-2014, 01:03 PM
OH SHIT!

IT's THE FCUKING MONSTARS!

Explains everything. Srsly call up Bill Murray someone look into this

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm-c5edCQAAeljl.jpg:medium

fpliii
05-07-2014, 01:12 PM
OP - I feel bad for PG and West, Hibbert (poor play) and Vogel (lack of adjustments and strange rotations) are really wetting the bed this postseason (and down the stretch this year in general). Vogel's not going to change though, so it comes down to the big man.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing with Roy, but when he had to, he wasn't terrible in G7 last series. Nene is no scrub and Gortat isn't bad so the Bullets have legitimate big men, but you need to see something. Neither is spacing the floor like Millsap/Antic last season, so it's not about matchups really.

Shit. :facepalm

Dro
05-07-2014, 02:00 PM
OP - I feel bad for PG and West, Hibbert (poor play) and Vogel (lack of adjustments and strange rotations) are really wetting the bed this postseason (and down the stretch this year in general). Vogel's not going to change though, so it comes down to the big man.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing with Roy, but when he had to, he wasn't terrible in G7 last series. Nene is no scrub and Gortat isn't bad so the Bullets have legitimate big men, but you need to see something. Neither is spacing the floor like Millsap/Antic last season, so it's not about matchups really.

Shit. :facepalm
Yeah, I feel you...I'm all for giving him touches to get him going and we know big men tend to start lacking on defense if they aren't being involved on offense but Gortat is a very good defender and Roy wouldn't even have an advantage if he were playing up to his capabilities so he really does just need to focus on defense...I'd run a few plays for him though early because if you're going to do that, do it early and see what he gives you....

chocolatethunder
05-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Foreal. Arenas too. That dude is young and is getting paid for nothing. That's really something to be proud of. WTF

jzek
05-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah, no sh*t Sherlock.

You can't figure it out on your own because you are mentally weak. You need to go see a psychiatrist and work with him/her.

fpliii
05-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I feel you...I'm all for giving him touches to get him going and we know big men tend to start lacking on defense if they aren't being involved on offense but Gortat is a very good defender and Roy wouldn't even have an advantage if he were playing up to his capabilities so he really does just need to focus on defense...I'd run a few plays for him though early because if you're going to do that, do it early and see what he gives you....
It just ****ing sucks. It must hurt more because you're a fan of the team, but I really like West/PG, and it would be tragic if this season was wasted.

BTW what're your thoughts on Vogel's rotations/adjustments so far?

oarabbus
05-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Yeah, no sh*t Sherlock.

You can't figure it out on your own because you are mentally weak. You need to go see a psychiatrist and work with him/her.

I believe he does have a sports psychologist on hand.

qrich
05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
And some Pacer fans over @ RealGM said it would take DAJ, Crawford along with Bullock and/or this years first for the teams to swap starting C's. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
05-07-2014, 02:51 PM
:kobe:

Dro
05-07-2014, 02:56 PM
It just ****ing sucks. It must hurt more because you're a fan of the team, but I really like West/PG, and it would be tragic if this season was wasted.

BTW what're your thoughts on Vogel's rotations/adjustments so far?
The main I see and everybody else already knows is that Copeland doesn't get enough time...Every great team needs the threat of a knock down shooter and he is the only one on the team....CJ Watson are the next 2 best 3-point shooters but they aren't knock down 3 point shooters, like a Korver or a Ray Allen. The Spurs had Danny Green knocking down shots, Heat had Allen and Mike Miller. Thunder have Durant. The Pacers need that guy to stretch the floor, this would probably help the inside game...

He's still figuring out how to get Turner into the flow but honestly, he plays better with the starters...The only thing is, there's no room for him to play with the starts and him and Lance should never be on the court together. No problem with Ian Mahimi getting minutes. I like Ian. I would like to see more Rasual Butler when the team is struggling on offense as he can also stretch the floor....I would also like to see George Hill play strictly shooting guard...No point guard, no "running the team". Let him focus on what he does best which is score...

Right now, I think Vogel just doesn't want to mess with things or mess up "what got us here". But I'd like to see a bit more Copeland and Butler, just not sure who in place of. Scola has been playing well. I would like to see more Turner with some of the starters...I feel like when he plays limited minutes, he tries to get a bunch of shots up because he doesn't know how long he will be in. When he's started this year or played extended minutes for the Pacers, he's played very well showing an all-around game.

fpliii
05-07-2014, 03:03 PM
The main I see and everybody else already knows is that Copeland doesn't get enough time...Every great team needs the threat of a knock down shooter and he is the only one on the team....CJ Watson are the next 2 best 3-point shooters but they aren't knock down 3 point shooters, like a Korver or a Ray Allen. The Spurs had Danny Green knocking down shots, Heat had Allen and Mike Miller. Thunder have Durant. The Pacers need that guy to stretch the floor, this would probably help the inside game...

He's still figuring out how to get Turner into the flow but honestly, he plays better with the starters...The only thing is, there's no room for him to play with the starts and him and Lance should never be on the court together. No problem with Ian Mahimi getting minutes. I like Ian. I would like to see more Rasual Butler when the team is struggling on offense as he can also stretch the floor....I would also like to see George Hill play strictly shooting guard...No point guard, no "running the team". Let him focus on what he does best which is score...

Right now, I think Vogel just doesn't want to mess with things or mess up "what got us here". But I'd like to see a bit more Copeland and Butler, just not sure who in place of. Scola has been playing well. I would like to see more Turner with some of the starters...I feel like when he plays limited minutes, he tries to get a bunch of shots up because he doesn't know how long he will be in. When he's started this year or played extended minutes for the Pacers, he's played very well showing an all-around game.
Thanks for the breakdown. How good of a shooter is Turner? Can he get open off-ball?

The one thing about Copeland is, I'm in-market for the Knicks right now. I watched a lot of him last year, and I remember him being inconsistent as hell. I haven't seen him much this year, so I don't know if he's streaky, but do you trust him to hit the open j?

With regards to Scola, I think he's been playing well, but I feel like he's putting the ball on the floor too much. In this offense, which needs spacing, IMO he shouldn't be overthinking, and should just take the shot that the defense is giving him. If you try too hard to create a shot, the D will key in on you.

idk man, I just hope you guys blow out the Wizards tonight. I like John Wall, but we all need to see that Heat-Pacers series. :bowdown:

Dro
05-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the breakdown. How good of a shooter is Turner? Can he get open off-ball?

The one thing about Copeland is, I'm in-market for the Knicks right now. I watched a lot of him last year, and I remember him being inconsistent as hell. I haven't seen him much this year, so I don't know if he's streaky, but do you trust him to hit the open j?

With regards to Scola, I think he's been playing well, but I feel like he's putting the ball on the floor too much. In this offense, which needs spacing, IMO he shouldn't be overthinking, and should just take the shot that the defense is giving him. If you try too hard to create a shot, the D will key in on you.

idk man, I just hope you guys blow out the Wizards tonight. I like John Wall, but we all need to see that Heat-Pacers series. :bowdown:
Without a doubt bro, I trust Copeland..I know what you mean about his inconsistency but it seems like whenever he gets in the game, he knocks down shots...Even so, he's seemed to earned a rep as a knock down shooter because guys still stick to him when he's out there and are afraid to leave him open which we know from watch guys like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen that them just being on the court opens up driving and passing lanes for others just by them being on the court.....

The reason I'm optimistic about tonight's game is that I feel we played horribly...Now Wall didn't play well either but there is nothing that I saw from the Wizards that makes me believe that we can't still win the series and thats no knock on Washington. Ariza shot lights out, Hibbert, PG, really nobody on the Pacers played particularly well and we only lost by 6(I'm aware that it was at home and that the game might not have been as close as the final score indicates).

Scola is best when he just catches and makes quick decision to either shoot or pass, I agree with you there...

fpliii
05-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Without a doubt bro, I trust Copeland..I know what you mean about his inconsistency but it seems like whenever he gets in the game, he knocks down shots...Even so, he's seemed to earned a rep as a knock down shooter because guys still stick to him when he's out there and are afraid to leave him open which we know from watch guys like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen that them just being on the court opens up driving and passing lanes for others just by them being on the court.....

The reason I'm optimistic about tonight's game is that I feel we played horribly...Now Wall didn't play well either but there is nothing that I saw from the Wizards that makes me believe that we can't still win the series and thats no knock on Washington. Ariza shot lights out, Hibbert, PG, really nobody on the Pacers played particularly well and we only lost by 6(I'm aware that it was at home and that the game might not have been as close as the final score indicates).

Scola is best when he just catches and makes quick decision to either shoot or pass, I agree with you there...
****ing Ariza in another contract year showing up out of nowhere. :facepalm

Anyhow, good luck tonight. I full expect you guys to take games 2 and 3. You need this to be a short series, since it looks like Miami's going to make quick work of Brooklyn. I think with a fully-rested Wade, they'll be a tough out in the ECF.

Dro
05-07-2014, 03:51 PM
****ing Ariza in another contract year showing up out of nowhere. :facepalm

Anyhow, good luck tonight. I full expect you guys to take games 2 and 3. You need this to be a short series, since it looks like Miami's going to make quick work of Brooklyn. I think with a fully-rested Wade, they'll be a tough out in the ECF.
Yeah, I honestly think we can still win this in 6 maybe even 5 games....Why? I dunno, lol:confusedshrug:

I just do:facepalm

JellyBean
05-07-2014, 04:00 PM
If my so-called best friend was banging my wife/girlfriend, my mind would be a mess. Basketball would be the last thing that I would be able to focus on right at the moment....unless I am one Michael Jeffery Jordan.

Hibbert is a mess mentally right now.