PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Worry Me

ForeverHeat
05-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Nobody left in the playoffs worries me as a fan except the Spurs. OKC have weapons but don't know how to use them properly. Brooks is like a grandpa with a Iphone. That team could feature so much more but they are operating at 60% of their potential.

The Clippers have really suprised me, but they still dont have anyone to defend Lebron or Wade. Miami's experience would be way to much for this guys to handle.

San Antonio however, I think will make the final and be a REAL threat. All the signs are there. They know how to beat us (from their experience last year), they have experience, and are spurred on (no pun intended) by last year.

We have been winning our games but haven't looked our true best at any point during this season which is also worrying.

Any other Heat fans worried? Or am I overrated SA?

wordsRweapons
05-07-2014, 11:54 AM
whoever comes out of the west will beat miami

ForeverHeat
05-07-2014, 11:58 AM

No. Only SA can beat us.

MostHated305
05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Nobody left in the playoffs worries me as a fan except the Spurs. OKC have weapons but don't know how to use them properly. Brooks is like a grandpa with a Iphone. That team could feature so much more but they are operating at 60% of their potential.

The Clippers have really suprised me, but they still dont have anyone to defend Lebron or Wade. Miami's experience would be way to much for this guys to handle.

San Antonio however, I think will make the final and be a REAL threat. All the signs are there. They know how to beat us (from their experience last year), they have experience, and are spurred on (no pun intended) by last year.

We have been winning our games but haven't looked our true best at any point during this season which is also worrying.

SA is overhyped every year.

Heat aint got no worries.

Marchesk
05-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Spurs or Bust

If Miami three-peats, I'll stick to watching Cavsfan highlights.

Can you imagine being a Lakers, Wilt or Oscar stan in the 60s with the Celtics racking up title after title? It would be even worse than being a MJ/Bulls hater in the 90s.

Marchesk
05-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Better hope Spoelstra puts Ray in at the end of the game.

D-FENS
05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Redick will do well against Wade, I can see him really frustrating him. He's a heady defender, and Doc can run a lot of Ray Allen action for him.

I actually think the Clippers and Spurs are both teams that could beat the Heat. I also think the Wiz can beat the min a 7 game series.

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2014, 12:03 PM
The Mavs giving the Spurs hell in round 1 was the best thing that could have happened to them.

They worry me too. I'm hoping for the Clippers to beat them. They'd still be a relatively inexperienced finals team, SAS is the well-oiled machine they've always been. Hungrier than Miami as well, I'd assume.

MostHated305
05-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Better hope Spoelstra puts Ray in at the end of the game.

Why wouldn't he?

One of the most clutch shooters in history that ripped SA's heart out.

Marchesk
05-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Why wouldn't he?

One of the most clutch shooters in history that ripped SA's heart out.

You would think, but then you had a Mt Rushmore coach leave a top 10 all-time player on the bench in that very situation, and it cost them the series.

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2014, 12:07 PM
You would think, but then you had a Mt Rushmore coach leave a top 10 all-time player on the bench in that very situation, and it cost them the series.

I dont get the connection between what you just said before?

Marchesk
05-07-2014, 12:09 PM
I dont get the connection between what you just said before?

Was in response to the Heat not having any worries.

Hoopz2332
05-07-2014, 12:17 PM

Nope. The Spurs are the only team that scares me without having homecourt. Those other teams from the West?

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/gNt6B.gif

Leroy Jetson
05-07-2014, 12:30 PM

Let me get this straight, they were thirty seconds from beating you last year and you needed everything to go perfect for the Heat to win. This year Splitter is much better, Kawhi is better, the bench is better, Ginobili is better, the Spurs have homecourt, but you got no worries:facepalm .

navy
05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Let me get this straight, they were thirty seconds from beating you last year and you needed everything to go perfect for the Heat to win. This year Splitter is much better, Kawhi is better, the bench is better, Ginobili is better, the Spurs have homecourt, but you got no worries:facepalm .
Spurs were insanely hot from 3. :confusedshrug:

kamil
05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
No. Only SA can beat us.

I think Clippers could do some damage;

Jordan > Bosh
Blake < LeBron*
CP3 > Wade

Clippers bench is great and should easily handle the Heat. I can't see why the Clippers don't have a chance with the matchups.

Leroy Jetson
05-07-2014, 12:42 PM
And they continue to be, they were number two team all season from 3. They did struggle from 3 a lot against Dallas but that was not really a good example of their 3 point shooting or their bench for that matter.

NumberSix
05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Heat in 4.

rzp
05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
People easily forget how tired was the Miami Heat after a 7-game series vs Pacers last year, while Spurs was totally fresh.

Now it will be exactly the opposite.

Spurs are going to hell with Clippers, and Miami will just rape (swept) the whole East.

Lebron will torch the Spurs, Shaq-esque domination

ForeverHeat
05-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Jordan > Bosh
Blake < LeBron*
CP3 > Wade

Clippers bench is great and should easily handle the Heat. I can't see why the Clippers don't have a chance with the matchups.

The Clippers are a good team, but they will not beat Miami. The have pretty much no defense (like most teams in the West), and cannot stop Lebron and Wade. You say Jordan > Bosh, but what does that mean exactly? Bosh can drag Jordan all over the place and Jordan doesnt exactly have a full repertoire of post moves to damage Bosh with. A young Griffin and Jordan combo with their first finals showing against Bosh/Andersen/Haslem/Oden? I will take our chances.

The only other consistent offensive threat will be Paul, and he wont be enough to counteract Lebron and Wade offensively. Also, CP3 will have a bevvy of defenders sent at him (Chalmers, Cole, Wade and Lebron) which will wear him down unlike with OKC where after Westbrook is made to switch on a screen Paul just gets a uncontested jumper time after time.

Defensively, Clippers will have MAJOR trouble against Miami and their ball movement. When you also factor in the lack of experience on the part of the Clippers, I find it difficult to imagine them beating Miami. Hope they beat San Antonio though.

Hoopz2332
05-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Spurs did play the heat with a hobbled Wade though. So far, wade looks fresh athletically.

SCdac
05-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Spurs are better than last season, which is scary. But SA tends to have problems with Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Parker gets lit up by Westbrook the past couple seasons.

Leroy Jetson
05-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Spurs did play the heat with a hobbled Wade though. So far, wade looks fresh athletically.
Parker was also injured. Look I'm not one of these idiots who say Spurs are a lock or will sweep Miami. I mean they may not even make it out of the west, they struggle against OKC. I just can't believe these people who act like they have no shot, they are either trolls or idiots. Clearly last year showed us these teams are extremely close. I just think home court and a much improved bench will push The Spurs over the top if they can get to the finals.

Paul George 24
05-07-2014, 02:05 PM
cocky heat stans :facepalm

Paul George 24
05-07-2014, 02:06 PM
People easily forget how tired was the Miami Heat after a 7-game series vs Pacers last year, while Spurs was totally fresh.

Now it will be exactly the opposite.

Spurs are going to hell with Clippers, and Miami will just rape (swept) the whole East.

shaq-esque ??? ok,wait him avg 40 ppg,20 rpg,8 blks per game :roll:

Marchesk
05-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Is Diaw out for the playoffs or something?

D-FENS
05-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Is Diaw out for the playoffs or something?

BAM! Ethered.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/LeBron+James+Boris+Diaw+Miami+Heat+v+San+Antonio+A K6-m8xTIxpl.jpg

ImKobe
05-07-2014, 02:14 PM

And they are even better this year :confusedshrug:

comerb
05-07-2014, 02:26 PM

The Clippers play the Heat as well as anyone in the league. I'd be more scared of them. The heat know they can beat the spurs.

navy
05-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Jordan > Bosh
Blake < LeBron*
CP3 > Wade

These arent even the matchups. The Clippers will have a hard time defending Wade and Lebron.

navy
05-07-2014, 02:29 PM
And they are even better this year :confusedshrug:
Better doesnt = insanely hot. :confusedshrug:

All Net
05-07-2014, 03:02 PM
If Spurs make the Finals I wonder how much they would have left vs a rested Miami team.

Paul George 24
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
If Spurs make the Finals I wonder how much they would have left vs a rested Miami team.
too much rest is not gd for this team

All Net
05-07-2014, 03:25 PM
too much rest is not gd for this team
In. The finals it would mean Alot. More so for an older team.

ImKobe
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Better doesnt = insanely hot. :confusedshrug:

What if they get the same looks they did last year and they still knock them down, only this year Parker doesn't get injured and the Heat aren't lucky enough to rebound two of Lebron's bricks and Ray Allen doesn't hit the most clutch 3-pointer ever?

Everyone but Duncan & Parker look like they have improved, Bellinelli and Mills are much better than Neal was last season, Kawhi seems to be developing along nicely, Parker looks like his old self, Manu looks younger, Splitter's improved on both ends(was injured/didn't see so much time in the RS, but has been stellar in the POs). Danny Green's pretty much the same, but I've seen some improvement in his defensive abilities and he's shooting above 52% from three in the Playoffs.

no pun intended
05-07-2014, 03:50 PM
The Spurs deserve the title more than anyone else anyway.

tontoz
05-07-2014, 04:52 PM

The Spurs led the league in 3 pt shooting this season.

LONGTIME
05-07-2014, 04:58 PM
The Spurs deserve the title more than anyone else anyway.

:coleman: They don't deserve shit. They have 4. Would have had 5 but 6 happened, Spurs blew it.

aj1987
05-07-2014, 05:16 PM

Jordan > Bosh
Blake < LeBron*
CP3 > Wade

What up, baldy? Who the heck on the Clippers can guard LeBron/Wade?

robert_shaww
05-07-2014, 05:20 PM
they aint passing the blazers

T_L_P
05-07-2014, 05:23 PM
they aint passing the blazers

Didn't you say they weren't passing the Mavs?

sportjames23
05-07-2014, 05:36 PM

A championship team shouldn't worry about any other team.

During the Bulls' championship years, I didn't worry about any other team. Matter of fact, I wanted the Bulls to play the better teams, so there'd be no doubt we were the best team in the league. **** being scared.

TheReal Kendall
05-07-2014, 05:40 PM
I think the only 2 teams that have a chance are the Spurs and Clippers in the West.

I think you should worry bout the Nets and Pacers cause I feel like they gonna get their shit together and make a push.

Relinquish
05-07-2014, 05:47 PM
shaq-esque ??? ok,wait him avg 40 ppg,20 rpg,8 blks per game :roll:

I think I just got brain cancer reading that. :facepalm

robert_shaww
05-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Didn't you say they weren't passing the Mavs?

i said it was 7 game series.

Paul George 24
05-07-2014, 06:07 PM
In. The finals it would mean Alot. More so for an older team.
:biggums:

Human Error
05-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Danny Green won't ever shoot 28 for 46 from 3 again. They had their share of luck to be in that position and what comes around goes around.

But it is true that the Spurs are a real threat and so are the Clippers. The Thunder are a good team as well but they are not giving me as much scare as the Spurs and the Clippers are.

hawksdogsbraves
05-07-2014, 06:56 PM
I think any of SA, LAC, or OKC could give the Heat a lot of trouble and potentially beat them in a series.

The biggest problem is going to be how beat up the Western Conference champ is coming into the finals. All three teams have already had a 7 game series, while the Heat coasted to a sweep and more than likely will get another one here. Those West teams are in very tough series now and then face another brutal matchup in the Conf. finals. Parker looks good now, but wait til he plays two more really tough series. Same for Duncan, CP3, (who's already beat up) and who knows about guys like Westbrook or Blake considering how they throw their bodies around.