PDA

View Full Version : just saw Durant's MVP speech.

riseagainst
05-07-2014, 02:28 PM
It's definitely the GOAT MVP speech and it's not even close.

great respect to Durant actually being sincere and thanking his mom.

:bowdown:

VengefulAngel
05-07-2014, 02:29 PM

really you had to start a thread, you couldn't put it in the other thread...

It was a really awesome moment though.

Im Still Ballin
05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
That Perk-KD bro moment. ... give me a second ... hold up ...

had to say, that punchline to finish was epic.

"you the real mvp"

kelvin just dropped a FEELulcular neutron bomb.

russwest0
05-07-2014, 02:38 PM
That speech was crazy man. I've already spoken to 5 people about it who said it made them tear up too. It came across as so genuine as well. Not doing it to just to look good or any shit like that.

Like that moment where you could see him standing still and looking his mom right in the eyes while she was crying, that shit was powerful.

Can't wait until OKC wins the chip and we see Durant crying while hugging the trophy. Dude wants it so damn bad but doesn't just want it handed to him compared to others (not naming names) in this sport.

Demitri98
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
That speech was crazy man. I've already spoken to 5 people about it who said it made them tear up too. It came across as so genuine as well. Not doing it to just to look good or any shit like that.

Like that moment where you could see him standing still and looking his mom right in the eyes while she was crying, that shit was powerful.

Can't wait until OKC wins the chip and we see Durant crying while hugging the trophy. Dude wants it so damn bad but doesn't just want it handed to him compared to others (not naming names) in this sport.
Most competent thing I've seen you post :applause:

Le Shaqtus
05-07-2014, 02:41 PM
I just finished watching it too, beautiful stuff.

russwest0
05-07-2014, 02:49 PM
The difference between LeBron and Durant is on display as well.

Durant wins the MVP with 0 all star teammates on a team that basically played "save us KD" ball for 2-3 months in the tough West and what does he do? Not once talk about his own level of play and instead go around thanking each of his teammates individually for a number of things contributing to his success.

LeBron doesn't win the MVP with two all star teammates and an efficient as hell supporting cast in the weak East and he throws his teammates under the bus and says it's their fault he didn't win.

Kevin Durant :bowdown:

Le Shaqtus
05-07-2014, 02:53 PM
The difference between LeBron and Durant is on display as well.

Durant wins the MVP with 0 all star teammates on a team that basically played "save us KD" ball for 2-3 months in the tough West and what does he do? Not once talk about his own level of play and instead go around thanking each of his teammates individually for a number of things contributing to his success.

LeBron doesn't win the MVP with two all star teammates and an efficient as hell supporting cast in the weak East and he throws his teammates under the bus and says it's their fault he didn't win.

Did he say that? Surely it must have been taken out of context

But if thats true then :biggums:

Budadiiii
05-07-2014, 02:53 PM

Your red bars are starting to diminish.

Pretty soon you'll be in the green and will be too good for guys like me in the red. Hopefully you really did take this speech to heart and you remain humble when you're in the green. Don't forget where you came from bro. Proud of you though, I really am.

riseagainst
05-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Pretty soon you'll be in the green and will be too good for guys like me in the red. Hopefully you really did take this speech to heart and you remain humble when you're in the green. Don't forget where you came from bro. Proud of you though, I really am.

:lol

livinglegend
05-07-2014, 03:15 PM
championship or bust

nathanjizzle
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
kevin durant is one astute fella.

Rose'sACL
05-07-2014, 03:18 PM

if you believe anything that russwest says about lebron then you must not read most of his posts.

ThatCoolKid
05-07-2014, 03:19 PM
kevin durant is one astute fella.

:lol Hey jizz, how is Rose doing? :roll:

Le Shaqtus
05-07-2014, 03:20 PM
if you believe anything that russwest says about lebron then you must not read most of his posts.

I take every thing he says with a grain of salt :lol but that was news to me.

ImKobe
05-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Definitely one of the better MVP speeches I've ever seen, KD just let it all out and didn't hold himself back. I think it really brought the team together and it could give them that extra spark to go on a Championship run.

nathanjizzle
05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
:lol Hey jizz, how is Rose doing? :roll:

hes coming back this summer for team usa :confusedshrug: still one of the best mvps this decade. even durant mentioned him amongst lebron and kobe. :confusedshrug:

Pointguard
05-07-2014, 03:25 PM

GOAT Redbar MVP speech ever. When you are always in the redlight district take time to smell the roses and remember to tip! Cause once the lights turn Green people keep going and don't remember where they came from. It was like they were never there. I enjoyed your life in the redzone deliverance speech. Without you! those cars would never stop in the red zone. Make that money and find yourself in the green... :lol

russwest0
05-07-2014, 04:23 PM

C'mon man nearly everyone here knows that you're the most powerful poster on ISH. The color of your bars doesn't mean shit.

russwest0
05-07-2014, 04:24 PM

yeah he said it. he said some shit like

"I would have won MVP if my team played better."

J Shuttlesworth
05-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Gotta love it. Thread about Durant's MVP speech, and who else to turn it into a LeBron thread besides the biggest LeBron stan... russwest0? :applause:

jlip
05-07-2014, 04:33 PM

How many MVP speeches have you actually seen?

no pun intended
05-07-2014, 04:38 PM

Not sure which is more touching: KD's speech or Budadiiii andd russwest having a father/son moment.

played0ut
05-07-2014, 04:40 PM

it is taken out of context. but you know. sensationalism...

smoovegittar
05-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Never really cared for this dude. That has changed... :cheers:

Black Mamba's B
05-07-2014, 05:17 PM
It was a great speech, honestly the best mvp speech I've heard. Teared up a little bit

Cowboy Thunder
05-07-2014, 06:16 PM

:roll:

SpecialQue
05-07-2014, 06:23 PM
I just watched it again. I needed tissues both for my tears and then for my jizz.

SuperCereal
05-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I hate Durant with all my heart but this speech was shit. Not any. After few tacos and beer shit. Nasty one.

LongLiveTheKing
05-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Just saw had a little bit of feels but people are overreacting.

Thunderfan86
05-07-2014, 07:00 PM

I think it was a great speech too. I'm not gonna try to act all macho like some of the other posters.....I got very emotional. It really touched me.

There was something you said in one of the other threads about you reconnecting with your Dad. I don't know if you were bullshitting or not, but it got me to thinking. I think it's time I reconnected with my biological father and finally forgive him for some of things that happened when I was younger. I haven't seen him in over 10 years.....it's been way too long.

bballnoob1192
05-07-2014, 07:55 PM
this nikka speech definately made some of his teammates uncomfortable as ****.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-07-2014, 08:05 PM
inb4 lebron cries next year when he ties jordan with mvps at age 30, cries and people call him beta

Derka
05-07-2014, 08:24 PM
F*******ck, dudes.

:applause: :applause: That's all I got.

Dude wins his first MVP and spends the entire speech telling the world how great everyone around him is. F*cking awesome stuff right there.

Leftimage
05-07-2014, 08:48 PM

whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lebron > > > > > > KD

Being the best player in the NBA > > > > >Being nice & kind to others

Besides, Lebron is the best teammate. Everyone knows this.