PDA

View Full Version : Reports: Warrior's job is Kerr's if he wants it

Solefade
05-09-2014, 01:58 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/05/07/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-mike-dantoni-mike-dunleavy-mark-jackson/

don't really get why kerr is so sought after with 0 coaching experience

MavsSuperFan
05-09-2014, 02:01 PM
The amount of desire that Steve Kerr is generating as a coaching candidate is perplexing. Did people find his analysis that good?

El Kabong
05-09-2014, 02:02 PM
I'd take it if I were him. Would probably be better than dealing with the constant speculation that Phil Jackson is going to take your job that the media will run with as soon as the Knicks start to lose a few.

Levity
05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
reports are coming in that kerr will making his coaching decision by monday. so we'll see where he ends up, and the teams that miss out on him, we'll see who their next options are.

I, for one, am excited to see what kind of coach kerr pans out to be. i hope he keeps true to his word, and tries to utilize a 2 big set and stays away from using a stretch guard or forward.

Solefade
05-09-2014, 02:05 PM
reports are coming in that kerr will making his coaching decision by monday. so we'll see where he ends up, and the teams that miss out on him, we'll see who their next options are.

I, for one, am excited to see what kind of coach kerr pans out to be. i hope he keeps true to his word, and tries to utilize a 2 big set and stays away from using a stretch guard or forward.

if he's a disciple of the triangle offense, that doesn't really favor curry's style of play IMO

felt like mike d'antoni or SVG were better candidates for this roster...seems like GSW is hiring based on personality now :lol

Rubio2Gasol
05-09-2014, 02:08 PM
The amount of desire that Steve Kerr is generating as a coaching candidate is perplexing. Did people find his analysis that good?

I think his analysis was on more often than not....BUT.

Being a coach is much more than that. It's a huge shift from Jackson, who was just a loud, inspirational, motivational guy. Steve Kerr seems like the consummate professional, but the question is does he know what buttons to push?

Jackson fit with the identity of the team I think, he had alot of energy. Kerr seems much more vanilla.

Haymaker
05-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Warriors seems like an opportunity he shouldn't pass. They're an exciting team with an owner willing to spend and a FO not afraid to make smart bold moves. He'll also have less pressure than NY or LA.

Rubio2Gasol
05-09-2014, 02:11 PM
if he's a disciple of the triangle offense, that doesn't really favor curry's style of play IMO

felt like mike d'antoni or SVG were better candidates for this roster...seems like GSW is hiring based on personality now :lol

I think D'Antoni would just ride him to death, SVG too, but SVG would have better defence.

I think it has merits for Curry, mainly because of how much teams double him. He needs better ways to get the ball, which I think some sort of motion offense will offer.

Can you imaginge if Curry got the shots Parker does :biggums:

SwishSquared
05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Kerr has said he doesn't intend to use the triangle as the focal part of his offense since it can tricky for players to pick it up. He lives in San Diego I think, so GSW would be closer to home than NYK, obviously. Plus, the core of GSW is basically in place for a few years. Is there really a true core of useful players on the Knicks? Warriors job is tough to pass up, but can you imagine that locker room? It'd be hard at first to win over that team I think. Kerr's a great bball mind though.

Jailblazers7
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
I would really hate to be the next Warriors coach. Those guys loved Mark Jackson and it's going to be tough to win them over.

GimmeThat
05-09-2014, 02:18 PM

Actually, if Bogut comes back healthy, so they have a back to the basket player, Curry could still average just as many points with maybe even just a tad bit less on assist.

Funny as this sounds, the triangle offense might be able to fix the Warrior's defense. And they'd average still about just as many points, even at a tempo a tad bit slower.

They have the players, might still need to make a few move and tweaks. But they could be a conference finals and finals contender.

el gringos
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
This guy problem trying to get lakers to be a third team offering before deciding and starting off at 10+

AnaheimLakers24
05-09-2014, 03:35 PM
they really like them shitty tv commentators over in the bay

grantz
05-09-2014, 03:36 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/05/07/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-mike-dantoni-mike-dunleavy-mark-jackson/

don't really get why kerr is so sought after with 0 coaching experience

It's because he's fair skinded. Mark Jackson, Avery Johnson, Brian Shaw, almost all black coaches have to go through much more scrutiny, and here comes a 0 coach given offers on all marquee franchises.

aboss4real24
05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
if kerr were black would ppl want him ?

Heavincent
05-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't know why he wouldn't take it. In NY, he'd have to deal with a shitty roster with stupid players (JR Smith) and constant media scrutiny

mehyaM24
05-09-2014, 03:46 PM
i hope the warriors "president" chokes on a c*ck

K.Koscik
05-09-2014, 04:31 PM
if kerr were black would ppl want him ?

As long as he has the same mind, reputation, and his career played out the same way, yup.

This guy problem trying to get lakers to be a third team offering before deciding and starting off at 10+

:biggums:

Draz
05-09-2014, 04:46 PM
If kidd can do it, Kerr can too

chocolatethunder
05-09-2014, 04:50 PM
It's because he's fair skinded. Mark Jackson, Avery Johnson, Brian Shaw, almost all black coaches have to go through much more scrutiny, and here comes a 0 coach given offers on all marquee franchises.
Mark Jackson had no coaching experience. Jason Kidd had no coaching experience. Avery Johnson was hand selected by Nellie to be his successor and was Nellies assistant. Lionel Hollins had two head coaching jobs and was awful and still got another job. Sydney Lowe was an awful coach and stuck around. Johnnie Davis was one of the worst coaches ever and immediately landed an assistant coach job after being one of the worst head coaches ever. This is the NBA and there's lots of diversity in coaching. What is happening is that the league is being taken over by analytics and what research has shown is that first time coaches with no experience do better than a retread coach. That's what's happening. Why does Kerr have hype around him? I would assume because P Jax who is considered one of the best coaches of all time, wants him to coach and wanted him to coach when he thought he was going to have the Seattle job. That's a big endorsement.

iBandwagon
05-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Hopefully Kerr takes it and does well.

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Van Gundy? Del Negro? George Karl? Oh they don't fit your agenda.

:biggums:

NumberSix
05-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Perhaps try someone who has coached before? Might be something to look into? :confusedshrug:

bdreason
05-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Rookie coach with no experience going to take us to a championship? :facepalm

oarabbus
05-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Rookie coach with no experience going to take us to a championship? :facepalm

Yeah I'd love to be proven wrong but that's my take on it as well. At least Van Gundy has a finals visit.

bdreason
05-09-2014, 05:27 PM

l

Triangle would work great with the Warriors roster. Lots of high IQ players and good passers. And what exactly is Curry's style of play? Because ISOing and chucking 25 footers off the dribble isn't going to win any championships.

Solefade
05-09-2014, 05:28 PM
anything less than WCF next year would be a failure especially after firing Mark.

Solefade
05-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Triangle would work great with the Warriors roster. Lots of high IQ players and good passers. And what exactly is Curry's style of play? Because ISOing and chucking 25 footers off the dribble isn't going to win any championships.

from my understanding triangle favors guys that are strong playing from the elbow or those that can post...historically the triangle offenses doesn't feature a high profile point guard...it's usually a spot up shooter that can play defense.

chocolatethunder
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Kerr has said that he doesn't intend on running the triangle and just that he likes ball movement and dislikes iso ball.

bdreason
05-09-2014, 05:32 PM
from my understanding triangle favors guys that are strong playing from the elbow or those that can post...historically the triangle offenses doesn't feature a high profile point guard...it's usually a spot up shooter that can play defense.

You're right, but Lee and Bogut are probably the best passing frontcourt in the NBA. If Warriors want to be more successful, Curry needs to have the ball less.

JimmyMcAdocious
Whomever gets the NY job is destined to fail. I wouldn't touch that unless Phil can get peak Jordan or Shaq to join the team.

Lakers are intriguing, tho they need a little lottery luck.

Warriors are easily the best gig right now.

chocolatethunder
I don't know why he wouldn't take it. In NY, he'd have to deal with a shitty roster with stupid players (JR Smith) and constant media scrutiny
He'll face just as much scrutiny taking over a playoff team. If the do poorly it'll be his fault and if they do well everyone will say it's because of Jackson.

MavsSuperFan
05-09-2014, 06:21 PM
How pissed would the knicks be if kerr just dumps them :lol

Inferno
05-09-2014, 06:44 PM
I would really hate to be the next Warriors coach. Those guys loved Mark Jackson and it's going to be tough to win them over.

True. Idk if Jermaine O'Neal's even coming back...he got close to Jackson and isn't sure about right now

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
i dont understand why warriors got rid of jackson for an unproven coach. if you think your team is good enough to compete for a championship right now, you go out and get a proven head coach.