PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is the second best perimeter player of alltime

Jameerthefear
05-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Second only to MJ.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Agreed. Wouldn't argue with anybody who said Bird though.

TheMarkMadsen
05-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Coming from the knowledgable OP this means alot.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2014, 05:14 PM
http://fail.brm.sk/o_rly/no-shit-sherlock.jpg

red1
05-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Lebron is the second best player of alltime
you are a wise young man

Mr. Jabbar
05-09-2014, 05:16 PM
hopefully some mod takes this crap down

robert_shaww
05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
http://ebengregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/kobe.gif

Akrazotile
05-09-2014, 05:18 PM
If you rank guys "relative to their era" you could argue West somewhere in the top 3.

If you rank purely on the impact they would have this very day on the court, you could argue him as high as #1.

The reality is, however, that he's miles ahead of Kobe no matter which criteria you emphasize most.

KirbyPls
05-09-2014, 05:18 PM
http://ebengregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/kobe.gif

Lebron > Kobe all time, let it go.

bizil
05-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Peak value wise, I think Bron is the 2nd best perimeter player of all time. But GOAT wise, MJ, Magic, and Kobe are still ahead of him. I think Bron at this point has just about passed Bird by GOAT wise. Bron's career resume against Bird's career resume stacks up just as good, and maybe even a bit better at this point. But the thing about MJ, Magic, Kobe, Bird, and Bron that is unique is the fact that all five at one point or another were regarded as the best player in the world. Every other time a C or PF was the best player in the world. As great as perimeter immortals such as Big O, West, Dr. J, Baylor, Barry, Hondo, Frazier, and Isiah were, they were never the best player in the world. So in that sense, it makes the guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Bron stand in their own league.

Akrazotile
05-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Peak value wise, I think Bron is the 2nd best perimeter player of all time. But GOAT wise, MJ, Magic, and Kobe are still ahead of him. I think Bron at this point has just about passed Bird by GOAT wise. Bron's career resume against Bird's career resume stacks up just as good, and maybe even a bit better at this point. But the thing about MJ, Magic, Kobe, Bird, and Bron that is unique is the fact that all five at one point or another were regarded as the best player in the world. Every other time a C or PF was the best player in the world. As great as perimeter immortals such as Big O, West, Dr. J, Baylor, Barry, Hondo, Frazier, and Isiah were, they were never the best player in the world. So in that sense, it makes the guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Bron stand in their own league.

These things are not different, except to fans who feel too insecure to go against the general consensus of the dumb mob which relies on simple, tangible measurements like "rings" to measure something intangible and subjective.

I'm sorry to hear you're one of those people.

lilgodfather1
05-09-2014, 05:30 PM
He may well be the best to ever play basketball from a pure talent stand point, but he isn't ahead of a lot of guys. Bird, Magic, and Jordan are still ahead of him. A title this year seriously changes that though of course. Jordan would be the only one that you could make a bulletproof argument for. When it is all said and done, LeBron will pass them all at this rate.

Rocketswin2013
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Kobe simply has no case over Bron....And neither does Magic.

TheMagicMan
05-09-2014, 05:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YEgrNmO.gif

robert_shaww
05-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Kobe simply has no case over Bron....And neither does Magic.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Morgan-Freeman-Shocked-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

AnaheimLakers24
05-09-2014, 05:43 PM
layups

robert_shaww
05-09-2014, 05:43 PM
jordan, robertson, magic, bird, kobe 100% better.

the mesiah
05-09-2014, 05:44 PM
http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lebron-and-Magic-Laughing.gif
Second only to MJ.

tmacattack33
05-09-2014, 05:56 PM
If Miami wins this year, Lebron will likely eventually be the second best player of all time, period.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-09-2014, 05:58 PM
second to MJ??
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

bizil
05-09-2014, 06:13 PM
These things are not different, except to fans who feel too insecure to go against the general consensus of the dumb mob which relies on simple, tangible measurements like "rings" to measure something intangible and subjective.

I'm sorry to hear you're one of those people.

U do understand that there is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN peak value and GOAT status. U DON'T make a HOF based SOLELY on peak value. The MAIN CRITERIA is GOAT status which includes:

Talent
Peak value
Longevity being great
Solo accolades
Team accolades
Numbers
Impact on the L (factors such as redefining a position, being the face of the L, etc)

So Bron at his best peak wise is better in my book than any perimeter player ever other than MJ. But of course u could argue Bird, Magic, Kobe, and Big O. But Bron's career resume isn't on MJ's, Kobe's, or Magic's level YET! U DO REALIZE that Bron has only played roughly half of his career don't u? Magic, MJ, and Kobe have better resumes than Bron at this point. If u don't know the difference between peak and GOAT status, u r a JABRONI! Get the **** off the site and let the real students of the game have competitive banter. U ain't in our league!

TheMan
05-09-2014, 06:14 PM
hopefully some mod takes this crap down
:oldlol:

Hey Yo
05-09-2014, 06:14 PM
layups
Win championships.

robert_shaww
05-09-2014, 06:15 PM
http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/776821/126173846/stock-photo-business-hand-writing-blank-agenda-list-126173846.jpg

TheMan
05-09-2014, 06:16 PM
If Miami wins this year, Lebron will likely eventually be the second best player of all time, period.
Come on, dude :facepalm KAJ muthafvcka???

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2014, 06:19 PM
http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/776821/126173846/stock-photo-business-hand-writing-blank-agenda-list-126173846.jpg

What Agenda could be behind something named "LEBRON IS THE SECOND BEST PERIMETER PLAYER OF ALLTIME"

TheMan
05-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Anybody who thinks LeBron is only halfway into his career is only fooling themselves, his peak prime years of his 20s and early 30s will look very different than his mid to late 30s (if he even plays that late into his career). These are his golden years, he won't be dominating like he is now at 38 :facepalm He just can't, contrary to popular belief, he is human and he will get old and slow down. If he plays well into his 30s, he'll rack up career totals but his career averages will take a hit.

Again, these are his get shit done years...

bizil
05-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Anybody who thinks LeBron is only halfway into his career is only fooling themselves, his peak prime years of his 20s and early 30s will look very different than his mid to late 30s (if he even plays that late into his career). These are his golden years, he won't be dominating like he is now at 38 :facepalm He just can't, contrary to popular belief, he is human and he will get old and slow down. If he plays well into his 30s, he'll rack up career totals but his career averages will take a hit.

Again, these are his get shit done years...

Lebron is ROUGHLY just halfway through his career. He is in his eleventh season at 29 years old. It's not a stretch at all to say he will play 9 or 10 more years and retire in his late 30's. And even when he does fall out of his prime and peak, he can still be an All-Star caliber player. MANY LEGENDS were still very good players among the top 8-10 at their position in their late 30's. And Lebron is a freak nature-high IQ combination we have never seen before. WHO IN THE HELL SAID HE WOULD BE DOMINATING AT 38 LIKE HE WAS WHEN HE WAS 28! LOL But then again, Kareem won a Finals MVP at 38 years of age!! MJ moved to SF and was getting 23 points, 6 boards, and 5 dimes at 38! Mailman was getting 22 points and 8 boards at 38 years of age. Those are flat our All-Star kind of numbers in ANY season. Out of peak and prime DOESN'T mean u aren't still among the best! It's different for every player!

zoom17
05-09-2014, 07:26 PM

the irony:lol

oh the horror
05-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Lebron is ROUGHLY just halfway through his career. He is in his eleventh season at 29 years old. It's not a stretch at all to say he will play 9 or 10 more years and retire in his late 30's. And even when he does fall out of his prime and peak, he can still be an All-Star caliber player. MANY LEGENDS were still very good players among the top 8-10 at their position in their late 30's. And Lebron is a freak nature-high IQ combination we have never seen before. WHO IN THE HELL SAID HE WOULD BE DOMINATING AT 38 LIKE HE WAS WHEN HE WAS 28! LOL But then again, Kareem won a Finals MVP at 38 years of age!! MJ moved to SF and was getting 23 points, 6 boards, and 5 dimes at 38! Mailman was getting 22 points and 8 boards at 38 years of age. Those are flat our All-Star kind of numbers in ANY season. Out of peak and prime DOESN'T mean u aren't still among the best! It's different for every player!

He has to operate more in the post than ever and chances are he'll end up at a different position later into his career. He's out of highschool and has played a LOT of ball along the years. Multiple deep playoff runs, carrying big loads for teams and Olympic appearances are going to show themselves sooner or later.

Jameerthefear
05-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Lebron could literally just become a PG in his later years. Nothing is stopping him. He is one of the best passers in the league already.

Keno
05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
easily.

TheMan
05-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I know many legends played at a high level well into their 30s but that's the exception, not the rule. LeBron started at the highest level at 18, he's gonna have a TON of mileage by his mid 30s, let alone late 30s. Anyways, LeBron might not even want to stick around a la Shaq, it was just sad watching one of the most dominant forces in basketball struggling to get 10 pts a game in his last pro years. TBH, Shaq was kind of lazy, he might've been able to stretch his peak years a bit more had he worked harder in the off season.

All I'm saying is playing at a high level in your late 30s is not a guarantee, LeBron's moment to set his legacy is these years.

mehyaM24
05-09-2014, 07:42 PM
individually, lebron = arguably the greatest ever....just needs the accolades to cement himself.

bizil
05-09-2014, 07:51 PM
He has to operate more in the post than ever and chances are he'll end up at a different position later into his career. He's out of highschool and has played a LOT of ball along the years. Multiple deep playoff runs, carrying big loads for teams and Olympic appearances are going to show themselves sooner or later.

I agree with u no doubt. But the fact remains Lebron has damn near another 9-10 years left to play if he wants it. That's why I stated earlier he's ROUGHLY only halfway through his career. If he declines or has to change positions, who CARES! He's only 29 and I REALIZE he came in the L outta high school. The point I was making was the fact that there is also precedence for the great ones to still be amongst the best at their positions even in their late 30's. Or at least still be a very valuable contributor (think Nique at 37 averaging 18 points of the bench for the Spurs). Whoever said Bron was never gonna slow down? And Bron is such a freak that he may CHOOSE to redefine age in the NBA!

TheMan
05-09-2014, 07:56 PM
LeBron could kick anyone's ass but Father Time's, that son of a bitch will eventually win :(

Relinquish
05-09-2014, 08:03 PM
http://fail.brm.sk/o_rly/no-shit-sherlock.jpg

This. :confusedshrug:

SHAQisGOAT
05-09-2014, 08:19 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JTBN8SZMNjU/TixJtshqO6I/AAAAAAAAMW4/JxqYlAoZFPQ/s1600/larry-bird-magic-johnson.jpeg

lilgodfather1
05-09-2014, 08:25 PM
That is true, he has played a ton of minutes. He is not injury prone like most other players though. I don't know the stats off hand, but I would assume that for 11 year career starters he would be in the top 5 in games played, possibly number 1 for minutes played. The players I am thinking about all had big injuries, except KAJ (at least to my knowledge). If you include playoffs I would be shocked if he wasn't the minutes leader through 11 seasons.

So I do agree with you, in part. We have never seen a guy quite like James though. For all we know in 5 years he will be retired, or he could be a pg, or a pf, or he could still be playing sf. I see pf as most likely, but I know he likes playing pg, so who knows.

absalom
05-09-2014, 09:16 PM
OP used to be lovable? :confusedshrug:

ps: kindly remove spike's avatar from your profile.

NASH = BEST
05-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I agree with u no doubt. But the fact remains Lebron has damn near another 9-10 years left to play if he wants it. That's why I stated earlier he's ROUGHLY only halfway through his career. If he declines or has to change positions, who CARES! He's only 29 and I REALIZE he came in the L outta high school. The point I was making was the fact that there is also precedence for the great ones to still be amongst the best at their positions even in their late 30's. Or at least still be a very valuable contributor (think Nique at 37 averaging 18 points of the bench for the Spurs). Whoever said Bron was never gonna slow down? And Bron is such a freak that he may CHOOSE to redefine age in the NBA!

I dont know man, the same could have probably been said of Kobe at age 29.

Many thought Kobe could be capable of playing at a high level in his late 30's too. Kobe had the rep of taking care of himself very well, but father-time eventually caught up with him. Now, who knows?! Many think it's over for Kobe!

But what happened to Kobe could easily happen to Lebron. Kobe hit his 30's, and the team around him began to deteriorate faster than he did. Kobe then (ill-advised) put more on his shoulders, and eventually his body couldn't handle it anymore.

Now say LeBron decides to stick around South Beach long-term, and his teammates begin to deteriorate just like Kobe's did. Lebron then could suffer the same fate.

Not to saying that it will happen to LeBron, but athletes always decline, and teammates always get worse.

bizil
05-09-2014, 09:55 PM

Many thought Kobe could be capable of playing at a high level in his late 30's too. Kobe had the rep of taking care of himself very well, but father-time eventually caught up with him. Now, who knows?! Many think it's over for Kobe!

But what happened to Kobe could easily happen to Lebron. Kobe hit his 30's, and the team around him began to deteriorate faster than he did. Kobe then (ill-advised) put more on his shoulders, and eventually his body couldn't handle it anymore.

Now say LeBron decides to stick around South Beach long-term, and his teammates begin to deteriorate just like Kobe's did. Lebron then could suffer the same fate.

Not to saying that it will happen to LeBron, but athletes always decline, and teammates always get worse.

I agree! Of course its a crap shoot and it could go either way. But let's say at the LEAST he was playing similar to how Magic was at 36. And getting 15 points, 7 dimes, and 6 boards. How many players in the L TODAY or then are getting those kind of all around numbers? And of course Magic was outta his prime and was primarily a PF-SF.

Another thing about Lebron, Magic, or a Bird for that is they are MUCH BIGGER than Kobe. So they can move up front and create mismatches at the PF. Those three are WAY more skilled than most PF's. Bird could be the ultimate stretch PF combined with the best passing from a stationery position arguably ever. Bron and Magic have the handles and vision to cause headaches for a PF. So in a sense, Bron, Magic, and Bird have a versatility the guys like Big O, West, MJ, Kobe, Hondo, Dr. J, Baylor, Barry, etc. can't match.

Real14
05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
2009 finals iz still haunting you huh? :lol probaly made you pee in tha bed squeezin your gay ass teddy after huh?:oldlol:

sd3035
05-09-2014, 10:01 PM
second best on the perimeter player on the Heat :cheers:

lilgodfather1
05-09-2014, 10:47 PM

If LeBron is putting up 27ppg at 34 years old, he should shatter the NBA scoring record, obviously bar injuries.

20Four
05-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Lebron > Kobe all time, let it go.
He couldn't win without joining wade and bosh...kobe brings players to him....ray allen saved his ass last year so many times

triangleoffense
05-09-2014, 11:47 PM
lol @ this retarded ISH twitter generation. Lebron would be considered the 2nd best wing player of all time. True perimeter players are traditionally reserved for guards.

CelticBaller
05-10-2014, 12:19 AM
lol @ this retarded ISH twitter generation. Lebron would be considered the 2nd best wing player of all time. True perimeter players are traditionally reserved for guards.
Wait? So wingmen aren't perimeter players? :oldlol: