PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is the best Point Guard In The World

IGOTGAME
05-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Give that man the credit he deserves...

T_L_P
05-10-2014, 11:53 PM
No, he's not.

He had a mediocre regular season. And even though this isn't the end all, be all, he's putting up a 17 PER this post-season.

He's up there, but stop with the overreactions.

robert_shaww
05-10-2014, 11:54 PM
No, he's not.

He had a mediocre regular season. And even though this isn't the end all, be all, he's putting up a 17 PER this post-season.

carrying duncan again...you mad?

Budadiiii
05-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Until he plays Sefolosha and Westbrook.

T_L_P
05-10-2014, 11:57 PM

Nah, most players aren't in the league at 38, let alone one of the best players on one of the best teams in the league.

Where's your boy Manu been this series?

Milbuck
05-10-2014, 11:58 PM
How pissed off are you that Duncan just passed up Karl Malone on the all-time playoff scoring list tonight?

robert_shaww
05-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Nah, most players aren't in the league at 38, let alone one of the best players on one of the best teams in the league.

manu is all right...smart guy...he played well in game 2...

if spurs win easily, he wont get tired...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Anyone can look like the best PG in the world when theyre defended by Damian Lillard:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Scrubs like Jeremy Lin and Patrick Beverley had big games on him:roll: :roll:

Parker is def the Spurs best player tho:applause:

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 12:01 AM
How pissed off are you that Duncan just passed up Karl Malone on the all-time playoff scoring list tonight?

not much, Duncan faced a delicate and complacent era...Malone faced the most forceful teams in the history of this league..

by the way...who is number 3?

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 12:02 AM
manu is all right...smart guy...he played well in game 2...

if spurs win easily, he wont get tired...

Imagine if Duncan put up 9/4/5/.292 FG in a series.....

Your biases are so blatant and lame. And you call yourself a Spurs fan.

RoseCity07
05-11-2014, 12:03 AM
No. Just no. Spurs have the best system in the world. Blazers are no match for them at all. Against Miami Tony Park won't do this.

no pun intended
05-11-2014, 12:04 AM
wanna blow me tonight?

MavsSuperFan

arent you kind of hating on manu and parker doe?

T_L_P
not much, Duncan faced a delicate and complacent era...Malone faced the most forceful teams in the history of this league..

by the way...who is number 3?

Colby. A Shooting Guard :eek:

Still, I posted them clutch stats and you couldn't even acknowledge them. Total ownage :applause:

LONGTIME
05-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Until he plays Sefolosha and Westbrook.

Thabo "Parker stopper" Sefolosha :bowdown:

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 12:05 AM

Nah, I love them. It's just this guy makes me hate them at times.

The power of trolls

Victoire
05-11-2014, 12:06 AM
No, he's not.

He had a sub-par regular season, probably trying to keep forces after dragging the French National team to the European Championship title.

He had gears to switch on, and he did since the game 7 of last series.

Overall, I still think, as OP said, that he is the best PG in the game. Hell, he is about to enter in the Top15 alltimes playoffs' scorer (will most certainly end in the top 10).

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Nah, I love them. It's just this guy makes me hate them at times.

The power of trolls

so you call me a troll because parker is carrying duncan in the playoffs again...as many many years....(before him was manu....)

IGOTGAME
05-11-2014, 12:07 AM
No, he's not.

Been saying this since last year. Pls overrating the regular season.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 12:09 AM
so you call me a troll because parker is carrying duncan in the playoffs again...as many many years....(before him was manu....)

No, you're a troll because you make inconsistent statements.

Duncan's a scrub in 2011 yet Manu is playing well this series. :facepalm

Go look at the 2013 Finals. Tell me Parker carried the Spurs.

Also, you're a troll for saying the Blazers would win this series, and it turns out they're getting swept.

Idiot.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 12:11 AM
No, you're a troll because you make inconsistent statements.

Duncan's a scrub in 2011 yet Manu is playing well this series. :facepalm

Also, you're a troll for saying the Blazers would win this series, and it turns out they're getting swept.

Idiot.

OK, Fine....

Bobby13
05-11-2014, 12:13 AM
TP is unreal, but Westbrook is still better. But I'll give the man props for how he's playing in this series. Real point guards step it up in the playoffs when it matters. Real point guards take their teams to the promised land. Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker are the two best point guards in the world.

JellyBean
05-11-2014, 12:22 AM
:cheers: Yes Sir. I can not stand the Spurs. But Tony Parker has been doing damage for 10 years an always gets lost in the best point guard debate. This cat does his work on the DL and that is why the Spurs are so good every year.

AT9
05-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Best? Don't think so. But he is way to often overlooked amongst the best point guards.

Victoire
05-11-2014, 12:28 AM

Oh cmon, he was hurt, playing at 70% and considering that he had a decent serie.

You are a hater, probably a church of Manu type of spurs' fan.

I dont caution the agenda anti-duncan this poster has, but still, try to present decent arguments to prove him wrong, instead of this BS.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Oh cmon, he was hurt, playing at 70% and considering that he had a decent serie.

You are a hater, probably a church of Manu type of spurs' fan.

I dont caution the agenda anti-duncan this poster has, but still, try to present decent arguments to prove him wrong, instead of this BS.

The injury argument is weak. Duncan had plantar fasciitis in '06 but that barely slowed him down.

If you're well enough to play you're well enough to not make excuses. And yes, Parker did have a decent series, regardless of injuries. Still, a 37-year-old Duncan, who's been playing bone-on-bone for years now, should not be better than a prime Tony Parker, playing at 70% or not.

Victoire
05-11-2014, 12:34 AM
The injury argument is weak. Duncan had plantar fasciitis in '06 but that barely slowed him down.

If you're well enough to play you're well enough to not make excuses. And yes, Parker did have a decent series, regardless of injuries. Still, a 37-year-old Duncan, who's been playing bone-on-bone for years now, should not be better than a prime Tony Parker, playing at 70% or not.

Because all injuries cripple players exactly the same? Cmon...

tpols
05-11-2014, 12:44 AM
yup.. veteran parker > chris paul in the playoffs eye test.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-11-2014, 12:56 AM

Where would you have been without him last series?

ninephive
05-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Because all injuries cripple players exactly the same? Cmon...
He played through an injury that kept getting worse each game. Anyone that watches the Spurs could easily see he couldn't move anywhere close to as well as he did in the Memphis series or these playoffs, but this guy won't acknowledge that. If you're good enough to step on the floor, you should be good enough to play at 100% is his argument.

pastis
05-11-2014, 03:21 AM

be realistic clownboy. how in hell duncan could make ony 30 % in a series? he just stands under the rim and waitig for the pass for the easy layup? never takes the three or going 1n1 on tough defense for the 1legged-fadeaway. so stfu about ginobili, he is one of the clutches players in the 4th quarter and has the cojones to take the game in his hands - not like someone called TD. and by the way, how old is ginobili? so gtfo.

so easy points and rebounds for duncan since 2003, incredible. duncan without popobvic, parker and ginobili? at best 25-30 all time. at best.

huskerdu
05-11-2014, 03:38 AM
Parker has already gone off for 38 against the Thunder this year.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 03:49 AM
be realistic clownboy. how in hell duncan could make ony 30 % in a series? he just stands under the rim and waitig for the pass for the easy layup? never takes the three or going 1n1 on tough defense for the 1legged-fadeaway. so stfu about ginobili, he is one of the clutches players in the 4th quarter and has the cojones to take the game in his hands - not like someone called TD. and by the way, how old is ginobili? so gtfo.

so easy points and rebounds for duncan since 2003, incredible. duncan without popobvic, parker and ginobili? at best 25-30 all time. at best.

Are you being serious? Do you have any experience in basketball? 7 footers are not supposed to take 3s, you ****ing fool. And you didn't watch tonight's game, because you obviously missed Tim getting it in the post and turning over his right shoulder -- the very thing you said he doesn't do. Get read, kid.

If Manu's shooting under 30% for a series he should stop, regardless of how hard the shots are. You must legit be under 12 years old. :facepalm

Black Mamba's B
05-11-2014, 03:57 AM
He is.
Duncan still a legend and an important piece on this team. But Parker has been the best player on the team for the past couple of years and some people tend to give Duncan too much credit

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 04:04 AM
He is.
Duncan still a legend and an important piece on this team. But Parker has been the best player on the team for the past couple of years and some people tend to give Duncan too much credit

Duncan was the best player in 2013 (overall), and the best Spur in the 2014 regular season though. He's as every bit as important as Parker is to this team. Your post seems to indicate otherwise, which is absurd. He's the anchor of the team, on and off the floor. :confusedshrug:

Not trying to discredit Parker, but it's true. Parker's a ****ing legend and without him we wouldn't be competing like we are. But him and Tim have an equal share in this team.

Black Mamba's B
05-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Duncan was the best player in 2013 (overall), and the best Spur in the 2014 regular season though. He's as every bit as important as Parker is to this team. Your post seems to indicate otherwise, which is absurd. He's the anchor of the team, on and off the floor. :confusedshrug:

Not trying to discredit Parker, but it's true. Parker's a ****ing legend and without him we wouldn't be competing like we are. But him and Tim have an equal share in this team.
Parker I believe finished top 4 in mvp voting last year? Could have won it but was slowed down by that hamstring injury. Its not absurd to suggest Parker is the better player at this point. We can agree to disagree

PyrrhusX
05-11-2014, 04:42 AM
1. GOATbrook
2. Parker

3. CP3

jrong
05-11-2014, 08:52 AM
It's Parker's fault that he's not going for his 3rd Finals MVP. Forgotten in the Heat's Game 6 comeback is that he missed a FT with less than 20 seconds left that would have iced it. Ray's 3 wouldn't have mattered.

dannywpt
05-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Give me the guy who's averaging over 26-9-8 for the playoffs: Westbrook

navy
05-11-2014, 08:59 AM
It's Parker's fault that he's not going for his 3rd Finals MVP. Forgotten in the Heat's Game 6 comeback is that he missed a FT with less than 20 seconds left that would have iced it. Ray's 3 wouldn't have mattered.
Go watch the game again. Kawhi and Manu missed the free throws.

Lebronxrings
05-11-2014, 10:59 AM
no excuses.

Leroy Jetson
05-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Looking at the numbers Parker will likely pass Magic Johnson on career playoff points this year. I think it's time to acknowledge that he is a top ten all time point guard who shows up when it's most important, in the playoffs.

05-11-2014, 12:42 PM
The title of this thread is giving an orgasm to anti american French nationalists ( left wingers of black & Arabs from Tunisia, Algeria, & Morocco! Enchilada!!!)

Tony parker is like a redemption of how much their national s0kkker will suck this summer at the world cup.

ImKobe
05-11-2014, 12:49 PM
The only way Spurs will win it all is if Parker leads them. Duncan is too old to carry a team offensively.

TP's averaging 22/3/6 on 49/40/74 shooting, pretty much on par with his last post-season, only that he's been more turnover prone, but the overall play of the Spurs was pretty medicore in the first round, he's been spectacular against the Blazers, averaging 26 & 8 on 52/50/75 shooting in only 36 mpg.