View Full Version : Tim Duncan Post-season Ranks

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Tim Duncan's postseason ranks:
Top-5 in scoring
Top-3 in rebounding
Top-1 in blocks

Top 3 in Win Shares

Duncan also passed Wilt for 2nd All-Time in playoff defensive win shares last game.

:bowdown:

Im Still Ballin
05-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Top-5 in scoring
Top-3 in rebounding
Top-1 in blocks

Duncan also passed Wilt for 2nd All-Time in playoff defensive win shares last game.

Can you back these cl-

Wait i believe you, you are a credible poster.

Good post OP.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Top-5 in scoring
Top-3 in rebounding
Top-1 in blocks

he played too many playoffs games because he was always stacked as hell (goat coach, goat role players like horry, bowen, finley, barry....) 2 hall of famers 10 years with him....

when he was playing a bad series...or ginobili or parker always to the rescue...

pd: and WEAK era also.

ImKobe
05-11-2014, 01:08 PM
worst Finals MVP TS% in the modern era

21 ppg 47%TS, your Finals MVP

while Manu put up 19 6 5 on 50/39/85 shooting in the Finals, shot above 60% in 3 games of that series and led the Spurs in Game 7 with 23 pts on 62% shooting while Duncan goes for 10/27

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Top 3 in Win Shares too.

ImKobe
05-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Top 3 in Win Shares too.

And where is he ranked in total games played?

It shows his durability, but honestly, he is one of the most overrated Playoff performers ever. His team has consistently been a contender for his entire career and he's never even made it to two straight Finals and has only won 4 rings while Kobe had a legit contender for maybe 9 years of his career(2000-2004, 2008-2011) and went to 7 Finals and won 5.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 01:21 PM

while Manu put up 19 6 5 on 50/39/85 shooting in the Finals, shot above 60% in 3 games of that series and led the Spurs in Game 7 with 23 pts on 62% shooting while Duncan goes for 10/27

Did you watch the Finals, or are you just looking at the stats?

Manu played bad in games 4 and 5, and he tried to win game 6 by himself, even when Detroit were able to stop him. I think the voting was 6-4 (in Duncan's favour), so nobody is acting like it was a unanimous decision.

Duncan was still protecting the paint almost single-handedly, and he was being swarmed by one of the best defensive bigs in the game in Ben Wallance and an absolute hound in Rasheed. In game 7 Duncan went to work in the 3rd quarter, then Brown started to double, which completely opened up his teammates (Popovich and Larry Brown said that's what won them the game).

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 01:24 PM

It shows his durability, but honestly, he is one of the most overrated Playoff performers ever. His team has consistently been a contender for his entire career and he's never even made it to two straight Finals and has only won 4 rings while Kobe had a legit contender for maybe 9 years of his career(2000-2004, 2008-2011) and went to 7 Finals and won 5.

Yeah, 2000-2003 Spurs were such contenders. :facepalm

Go ahead, tell me how many games they won. But I watched all of those games, and I didn't think we could win. Also, a lot of injuries plagued them:

2000: Duncan goes down
2001: Derek Anderson goes down (Duncan's second ****ing option. Contender my ass) :facepalm
2009: Manu goes down

There's a difference between being a contender and being the clear favourite, which Kobe had the fortune of being from 00-04 and 09-10. What happened when Kobe's teams didn't have the most dominant big man in the league or a 20/10 guy on them? Why didn't PJAX coach the Lakers in '05? Why, in part, did Shaq leave? Why didn't the Dwight situation work out? Why did they lose to the Pistons?

LAZERUSS
05-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Top-5 in scoring
Top-3 in rebounding
Top-1 in blocks

Top 3 in Win Shares

And it only took him 51 more games to do so. Duncan was nowhere near the defensive force that Chamberlain was.

:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Did you watch the Finals, or are you just looking at the stats?

Manu played bad in games 4 and 5, and he tried to win game 6 by himself, even when Detroit were able to stop him. I think the voting was 6-4 (in Duncan's favour), so nobody is acting like it was a unanimous decision.

Duncan was still protecting the paint almost single-handedly, and he was being swarmed by one of the best defensive bigs in the game in Ben Wallance and an absolute hound in Rasheed. In game 7 Duncan went to work in the 3rd quarter, then Brown started to double, which completely opened up his teammates (Popovich and Larry Brown said that's what won them the game).

This, is what they call context.

BTW, why is ImKobe suddenly giving so much thought to Efficiency, when he just blasted me for it in the Kobe/LeBron Finals Thread?

Biased, hypocritical little dumbass.

Duncan's stats were bad. But only at face value. Once perspective is given, his actual production looks way different.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Yeah, 2000-2003 Spurs were such contenders. :facepalm

Go ahead, tell me how many games they won. But I watched all of those games, and I didn't think we could win. Also, a lot of injuries plagued them:

2000: Duncan goes down
2001: Derek Anderson goes down (Duncan's second ****ing option. Contender my ass) :facepalm
2009: Manu goes down

There's a difference between being a contender and being the clear favourite, which Kobe had the fortune of being from 00-04 and 09-10. What happened when Kobe's teams didn't have the most dominant big man in the league or a 20/10 guy on them? Why didn't PJAX coach the Lakers in '05? Why, in part, did Shaq leave? Why didn't the Dwight situation work out? Why did they lose to the Pistons?

2003 manu healthy: championship run (duncan best player in the finals)
2004 manu healthy: almost champions, just the derek fisher 0.4
2005 manu healthy: champions again (manu best player in the finals)
2006 manu healthy: almost champions, just the miracle dirk play
2007 manu healthy: champions again (parker best player in the finals)
2008 manu healthy until WCF (nice run but duncan lost vs lakers without gino at 100%))
2009 manu out of the playoffs (duncan lost 1st round)
2010 manu nose injured after beating the mavs (duncan lost in round 2)
2011 manu injured vs grizzles (duncan lost 1st round, 12pts per game)
2012 manu healthy (another run, WCF, manu best player vs OKC)
2013 manu healthy (another run, finalist only because of ray allen shot, manu played bad that game 6...yes...but not games 5 and 7)
2014 manu healthy...at least WCF again, he carried duncan in round 1 vs dallas...parker in round 2 vs blazers.

Conclusion: Duncan depends on himself....:facepalm

Artillery
05-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Definitely a level playing field when you have Kobe being carried by prime Shaq(top ten HOF big) while Duncan's next best player was Derek Anderson and 40 yr old DRob in the early 2000s.

Artillery
05-11-2014, 01:52 PM
or ginobili or parker always to the rescue...

:oldlol: 6-24 in a game 7, carried by Gasol and Artest for the win
:oldlol: carried by Shaq for three rings.
:oldlol: won the majority of championships as a sidekick

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 01:53 PM
2008 manu healthy until WCF (nice run but duncan lost vs lakers without gino at 100%))
2013 manu healthy (another run, finalist only because of ray allen shot, manu played bad that game 6...yes...but not games 5 and 7)
2014 manu healthy...at least WCF again, he carried duncan in round 1 vs dallas...parker in round 2 vs blazers.

You see, this is your agenda again. Just admit it:

2006: almost champions, just the bonehead mistake from Manu

And that doesn't seem like a bad list at all. The only Playoff run Duncan really disappointed in was 2011. Duncan is still leading this team in Playoff PER, at 38, yet he's being carried. :roll:

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 01:54 PM
:oldlol: 6-24 in a game 7, carried by Gasol and Artest for the win
:oldlol: carried by Shaq for three rings.
:oldlol: won the majority of championships as a sidekick

majority my ass

kobe carried shaq in 2000 WCF, and played great in 2001 and 2002..same level.

then won without him in 2009 and 2010.

Artillery
05-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Kobe against those same Pistons the year before: 22 ppg on 45%TS

Difference here is Duncan actually brought value to the team with his defense and rebounding. When Kobe's not scoring, he's doesn't have anything else to fall back on since he never was a good defender at any point in his career(RAPM numbers back this up)

LONGTIME
05-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Boiled down:

Kobe: 5

The tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Deuce Bigalow
05-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Just the modern era? Who had worse in the '69-'70s?

SCdac
05-11-2014, 02:48 PM
congrats to Duncan. One of the greatest playoff players ever. His longevity is insane. :bowdown:

http://i.imgur.com/1wrXzz2.jpg

anyways, it's ****ing amazing and sad how much Kobe stans flock to TD related threads. I can understand the Lebron/Kobe feud, both being swingmen who play much different than TD, but you'd think Lakers fans would respect Duncan after all these years :facepalm

rmt
05-11-2014, 03:07 PM
congrats to Duncan. One of the greatest playoff players ever. His longevity is insane. :bowdown:

http://i.imgur.com/1wrXzz2.jpg

anyways, it's ****ing amazing and sad how much Kobe stans flock to TD related threads. I can understand the Lebron/Kobe feud, both being swingmen who play much different than TD, but you'd think Lakers fans would respect Duncan after all these years :facepalm

Up to 152 double-doubles now - 6 more to break Magic's record. He's also #1 in defensive rebounds.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 03:17 PM
weak era.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 03:22 PM
weak era.

Three-peat Lakers, Dirk's Mavs, Nash/Amare Suns, Sacramento Kings, Trailblazers (for a few years), Utah (for a few years).

The '00s West is one of the best conferences ever. Get real. :facepalm

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Three-peat Lakers, Dirk's Mavs, Nash/Amare Suns, Sacramento Kings, Trailblazers (for a few years), Utah (for a few years).

The '00s West is one of the best conferences ever. Get real. :facepalm

Lakers: Lost against them every season (except 03)
Mavs: Lost against them in 06 and 09
Suns: No defense, but amare scored 40pts against duncan every game.

Kings? Blazers? Jazz? :wtf:

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Lakers: Lost against them every season (except 03)
Mavs: Lost against them in 06 and 09
Suns: No defense, but amare scored 40pts against duncan every game.

Kings? Blazers? Jazz? :wtf:

Stop comparing it to what Duncan did against them.

You called it a weak era, I listed a bunch of great teams, which they are. Therefore Duncan played in a strong era. And he was the only Western player to beat Kobe and Shaq in their prime (as well as in '99, slightly before Kobe's prime).

Didn't you call the 90s a strong era because it had the David Robinson Spurs? :roll:

Idiot.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Stop comparing it to what Duncan did against them.

You called it a weak era, I listed a bunch of great teams, which they are. Therefore Duncan played in a strong era.

Didn't you call the 90s a strong era because it had the David Robinson Spurs? :roll:

Idiot.

the idiot argument again...nice...

do you really believe duncan had a stronger era than malone?????

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 03:32 PM
the idiot argument again...nice...

do you really believe duncan had a stronger era than malone?????

When did I say that? Malone's era was definitely stronger, but the 2000s West is in the top 5 all-time conferences (along with the '80s East and West, and the '90s West). You're going overboard by calling it weak.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM
When did I say that? Malone's era was definitely stronger, but the 2000s West is in the top 5 all-time conferences (along with the '80s East and West, and the '90s West). You're going overboard by calling it weak.

just the mavs and the lakers for some years....

suns maybe, but they choked...they didnt play defense...and, either way, amare destroyed duncan....

at the end of the day..only 2 or maybe 3 teams...

thats it....(and you must take into consideration the east also..not only the west)

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 03:42 PM
just the mavs and the lakers for some years....

suns maybe, but they choked...they didnt play defense...and, either way, amare destroyed duncan....

at the end of the day..only 2 or maybe 3 teams...

thats it....(and you must take into consideration the east also..not only the west)

You've still not explained why it's a weak era or conference. The West had great teams. That's a damn fact.

Even if Amare destroyed Duncan, he faced an elite team. Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Dirk lead Mavs, 60 win Blazers, Webber/Vlade Kings. He even was in the league when Malone made it to the Finals. If you call that weak you're trolling (which is your whole game anyway but w/e)

You're anti Duncan agenda is so obvious.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 03:52 PM
You've still not explained why it's a weak era or conference. The West had great teams. That's a damn fact.

Even if Amare destroyed Duncan, he faced an elite team. Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Dirk lead Mavs, 60 win Blazers, Webber/Vlade Kings. He even was in the league when Malone made it to the Finals. If you call that weak you're trolling (which is your whole game anyway but w/e)

any of those teams (except kobe

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 03:53 PM

maybe is not weak, but is weaker than others.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM
maybe is not weak, but is weaker than others.

If you included the East, perhaps. But even still it's stronger than every other one except the late 80s and 90s. If we're talking just about conferences, the 00s West is one of the strongest ever.

And you've yet to refute that. More conjecture about choking and defense. The Jazz choked almost every year. I guess they were weak too. How much defense did Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway play?

ninephive
05-11-2014, 04:21 PM

Not sure I'm reading this right, but didn't Parker average more points and assists in the Dallas series than Manu and on better shooting? Not saying Manu wasn't good, but to say he carried Duncan is a bit misleading. And I really must be misreading your last statement because your wording sounds like you're saying Manu is carrying Parker in the Portland series. Surely I'm reading that wrong.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Not sure I'm reading this right, but didn't Parker average more points and assists in the Dallas series than Manu and on better shooting? Not saying Manu wasn't good, but to say he carried Duncan is a bit misleading. And I really must be misreading your last statement because your wording sounds like you're saying Manu is carrying Parker in the Portland series. Surely I'm reading that wrong.

manu was the better player in the dallas series, and parker in the blazers series.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 04:56 PM
If you included the East, perhaps. But even still it's stronger than every other one except the late 80s and 90s. If we're talking just about conferences, the 00s West is one of the strongest ever.

And you've yet to refute that. More conjecture about choking and defense. The Jazz choked almost every year. I guess they were weak too. How much defense did Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway play?

no conference only, era.

you said malone

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=robert_shaww]no conference only, era.

you said malone

SCdac
05-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Up to 152 double-doubles now - 6 more to break Magic's record. He's also #1 in defensive rebounds.

Damn, that's sick. He'll probably do it too.

Tim "Groundhog Day" Duncan :applause:

Anaximandro1
05-11-2014, 05:35 PM
It was the toughest matchup. Duncan had to deal with their All Star Trio (Sheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and McDyess), one of the best defensive froncourts in NBA History.

Kobe fans need to talk less about the Pistons ... they're digging themselves quite a hole.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IecKJgOxxvM/U2eTuFSTvGI/AAAAAAAACzs/C9s_H07thJk/s1600/26.jpg

Ben Wallace
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/23/AR2005062302279.html)

"He put his team on his shoulders and carried them to a championship," Pistons forward Ben Wallace said of Duncan. "That's what great players do.

NBA Finals - Game 7
(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pFv4AjrE-64/UEe3DbWZpKI/AAAAAAAABvc/7IvxNax3HtM/s1600/8_thumb.jpg)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pFv4AjrE-64/UEe3DbWZpKI/AAAAAAAABvc/7IvxNax3HtM/s1600/8_thumb.jpg
The Pistons led 48-41 with 6 minutes to play in the third quarter. The Spurs looked dead in the water, but Tim scored 12 points in the final 6 minutes.

In the fourth quarter, Larry Brown decided to double team Duncan and the rest is history. Manu scored 6 points (basically FT) in the final minute, when the game had been decided.

Duncan won his four NBA finals through fear and intimidation ... Jeff Van Gundy, Byron Scott , Larry Brown and Mike Brown, all of them did the same: double team Duncan in the final minutes of the deciding game ...

amare destroyed duncan

Duncan did whatever he wanted to do with Amare in 2003, 2007, 2008 and yes ... 2005

Pop's strategy was to take away the Suns' three-point shooting (2005 WCF)

They let Amare get his points and shut down everyone else. The Spurs won series 4-1 ... Duncan controlled the boards and abused Amare in the post.

malone is better

Duncan beats Malone in pretty much everything statistically ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-irFW4VIocMo/U2_o4NaCSXI/AAAAAAAAC1k/sU1lot4DvZc/s1600/8.jpg

ninephive
05-11-2014, 05:47 PM
manu was the better player in the dallas series, and parker in the blazers series.
Ok you can say that all you want except for the fact that Parker outscored Ginobili in the last 3 games and for the series, including coming through HUGE in G7 when it mattered most.

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Duncan's defensive difference is much bigger than Malone's offensive difference. Like I said, playing with John Stockton can really make you look good.

And then there's the intangibles: leadership, ability to increase production in the Playoffs and Finals, basketball IQ, etc.

Duncan's Playoff stats are already better than Malone's; then there's the defense which doesn't show up on the stat sheet, AND there's the fact that Duncan used to play on very low scoring teams (the early Spurs teams were very defensive minded), thus his stats are obscured.

Duncan is clearly better than Malone. There's no debate to be had.

lets end it here then.

malone faced jordan and pippen bulls in the finals and duncan jason kidd nets and the 8seed knicks...fine...you are right.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 06:24 PM
lets end it here then.

malone faced jordan and pippen bulls in the finals and duncan jason kidd nets and the 8seed knicks...fine...you are right.

And in the conference finals Shaq and Kobe. Difference is Duncan beat them twice.

And he definitely isn't losing to a 42 win team in his prime. :facepalm

Artillery
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
majority my ass

:oldlol: so mad that Kobe's greatest years were as a sidekick

Lebron - 100% championships as first option(2 Finals MVPs/2 titles)
Duncan - 75% championships as first option(3 Finals MVPs/4 titles)
Shaq - 75% championships as first option(3 Finals MVPs/4 titles)

Kobe doesn't belong with those three seeing as the majority of his rings are sidekick rings...just like Wade and Parker.

Kobe - 40% championships as first option
Wade - 33% championships as first option
Parker - 33% championships as first option

This is where Kobe truly belongs.

LAZERUSS
05-11-2014, 06:53 PM

Lebron - 100% championships as first option
Duncan - 75% championship as first option
Shaq - 75% championship as first option

Kobe doesn't belong with those three seeing as the majority of his rings are sidekick rings...just like Wade and Parker.

So where do have Russell in his 11 titles?

10%?

Artillery
05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
So where do have Russell in his 11 titles?

10%?

We're talking about the modern era, here. Playing next to prime Shaq definitely jacked up Kobe's legacy. For example, 2000 Kobe was a pretty crappy player. You could have replaced him with Vince Carter or any other decent shooting guard at the time and Lakers would have still won the title that year. Recent RAPM studies have also proven that his defense back then was close to non-existent(and actually worse than his peers). Link here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330506

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 07:01 PM

Lebron - 100% championships as first option(2 Finals MVPs/2 titles)
Duncan - 75% championships as first option(3 Finals MVPs/4 titles)
Shaq - 75% championships as first option(3 Finals MVPs/4 titles)

Duncan was still the first option in '07. Parker had the better Finals, but TD was the best player and best scorer.

SCdac
05-11-2014, 07:03 PM
http://static9.bornrichimages.com/wp-content/uploads/s3/2013/07/td4_bpplz.jpg

Tim Duncan is the man :applause:

some of his post season work:

32 points , 10 rebounds , 1 assist , 2 blocks vs. 1998 Suns (Game 1) *First EVER Playoff Game*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7XD8km7L0

33 points , 14 rebounds , 4 assists vs. 1999 Lakers (Game 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cEFXwrYOyQ

37 points , 16 rebounds , 4 assists vs. 2003 Lakers (Game 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_iN6qwvoS8

21 points , 20 rebounds , 10 assists , 8 blocks vs. 2003 Nets (Game 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nejQMtkyLgY

33 points, 19 rebounds, 3 blocks vs. 2007 Suns (Game 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lNVguJx1oQ

40 points , 15 rebounds , 5 assists , 3 blocks vs. 2008 Suns (Game 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vs85hoSSbc

27 points , 7 rebounds vs. 2014 Mavs (Game 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UndxLsxv7k

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 07:12 PM
http://static9.bornrichimages.com/wp-content/uploads/s3/2013/07/td4_bpplz.jpg

Tim Duncan is the man :applause:

some of his post season work:

32 points , 10 rebounds , 1 assist , 2 blocks vs. 1998 Suns (Game 1) *First EVER Playoff Game*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7XD8km7L0

33 points , 14 rebounds , 4 assists vs. 1999 Lakers (Game 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cEFXwrYOyQ

37 points , 16 rebounds , 4 assists vs. 2003 Lakers (Game 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_iN6qwvoS8

21 points , 20 rebounds , 10 assists , 8 blocks vs. 2003 Nets (Game 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nejQMtkyLgY

33 points, 19 rebounds, 3 blocks vs. 2007 Suns (Game 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lNVguJx1oQ

40 points , 15 rebounds , 5 assists , 3 blocks vs. 2008 Suns (Game 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vs85hoSSbc

27 points , 7 rebounds vs. 2014 Mavs (Game 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UndxLsxv7k

34 points, 24 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 blocks, vs. 2003 Mavs (Game 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9WkNo3J3Ic

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 07:36 PM

the malone thing is over for me.

talking about duncan, i think that game 1 vs suns in 08 was his best game ever...given the circunstances, amare and shaq in the other side..that game was lost almost 10 times...40 points...and that clutch three....

by the way, manu also played great in that one....what a game...

MrC1991
05-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Duncan is the GOAT PF...who don't know this?

SCdac
05-11-2014, 07:43 PM

That was a sick game for sure. Duncan's block on Dirk at the 3:07 mark was great and I remember he also had a sick block on Dirk in Game 1 or 2.

MrC1991
05-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Heh............Being GOAT center is a bigger feat IMO..............Easily the most stacked position all-time wise.

I agree man...where would you rank him on the all time center list?

Purch
05-11-2014, 07:51 PM

Thats my youtube channel, good to see people are still appreciating the highlights

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Heh............Being GOAT center is a bigger feat IMO..............Easily the most stacked position all-time wise.

Of course it is. The bulk of Duncan's career was at the PF though. And even if he did play C, he ain't touching Kareem.

MrC1991
05-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Of course it is. The bulk of Duncan's career was at the PF though. And even if he did play C, he ain't touching Kareem.

Yep not Kareem, Shaq, Russell...what about Moses?

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 07:54 PM
That was a sick game for sure. Duncan's block on Dirk at the 3:07 mark was great and I remember he also had a sick block on Dirk in Game 1 or 2.

Yeah, Duncan was absolutely killer in those three games against Dirk. He averaged 35/18/6/3. :bowdown:

Thats my youtube channel, good to see people are still appreciating the highlights

Damn really? That's sweet, there's a lot of good videos on there. :cheers:

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Yep not Kareem, Shaq, Russell...what about Moses?

I have no idea where Duncan would rank if we just count his 07-14 years. Definitely behind guys like Moses, Robinson, Ewing etc.

Hypothetically, if he did everything throughout his career at the C, he'd be second or third behind Kareem and maybe Russell.

MrC1991
05-11-2014, 07:57 PM
I have no idea where Duncan would rank if we just count his 07-14 years. Definitely behind guys like Moses, Robinson, Ewing etc.

Hypothetically, if he did everything throughout his career at the C, he'd be second or third behind Kareem and maybe Russell.

Right on I feel the same way dude. So you think Kareem is the GOAT C? I think he is.

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Right on I feel the same way dude. So you think Kareem is the GOAT C? I think he is.

Yeah, I personally change between him and Magic for #2 GOAT. Usually I go with Kareem though. Amazing peak, amazing longevity.

My top 10 all time goes like this:

Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Russell
Shaq
Bird
Hakeem
Wilt
LeBron

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I got Duncan as C tbh.... 6 of the Top 10 are Center's :oldlol:

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
I got Duncan as C tbh.... 6 of the Top 10 are Center's :oldlol:

Fair enough. Duncan's skillset is/was so interchangeable that he could play both positions, so I go by where he played the most, and considering that his best years were at the PF, that's what I call him. Modern positions have become so vague now anyway.

I just hope you aren't listing him as a C to give Dirk the GOAT PF title? :pimp:

Purch
05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
For real?

Nice stuff
Yea, my last project on that channel, was the collection of Nash/Kidd playoff performances.

Uploaded 7 of their best playoff games highlights for each.

My first main project though was to upload a lot of Kg's greatest playoff games, because very few games of him in the playoffs were on YouTube in comparison to Barkey, Malone and Dirk

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Fair enough. Duncan's skillset is/was so interchangeable that he could play both positions, so I go by where he played the most, and considering that his best years were at the PF, that's what I call him. Modern positions have become so vague now anyway.

I just hope you aren't listing him as a C to give Dirk the GOAT PF title? :pimp:

:D

But I actually do think he's a C... Anchor on both Ends, just more recognizable as Center.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Yea, my last project on that channel, was the collection of Nash/Kidd playoff performances.

Uploaded 7 of their best playoff games highlights for each.

My first main project though was to upload a lot of Kg's greatest playoff games, because very few games of him in the playoffs were on YouTube in comparison to Barkey, Malone and Dirk

You should upload some more stuff :cheers:

T_L_P
05-11-2014, 08:13 PM
:roll: :roll: :D

But I actually do think he's a C... Anchor on both Ends, just more recognizable as Center.

I'm only playing. It's all subjective I guess. Could you explain what you mean by "more recognizable as Center" though?

SCdac
05-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Duncan is definitely a PF, and can be considered PF/C much like Pau Gasol, Patrick Ewing, Al Horford, Anthony Davis, and so many others. Over the years as he's gotten much slower, it's been a transition to center, especially as the game changes.

In Duncan's physical prime, playing PF – from 1997 to 2007 – is when the Spurs were the best and Duncan was paired with Robinson, Oberto, Rasho, Nazr, Elson, etc. all playing center.

Even today, Duncan's role on offense is so midrange-jump shot heavy combined with an occasional post-up. Tiago Splitter is more of a natural center and has always played center professionally.

Meanwhile, kids nowadays just don't even know what a real PF is ala Kevin Mchale. They think guys like Dirk, Kevin Love, etc. are the new standard :lol

Paul George 24
05-11-2014, 08:58 PM
majority my ass

Gasol carried kobe at 09―10:banana:

robert_shaww
05-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Gasol carried kobe at 09―10:banana:

no he didnt.

davehos
05-12-2014, 07:53 AM
And it only took him 51 more games to do so. Duncan was nowhere near the defensive force that Chamberlain was.

Damn people gonna hate. It don't matter. The record is his. That's how records work.

I'm sure if you go to MLB.com it doesn't list Roger Maris as the HR season record holder.

TheBigVeto
05-13-2014, 02:27 AM
Goat Pf.

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2014, 04:47 PM
This Blazers beat down started five months ago. Duncan forgives, but he never forgets.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BndV7-NCEAAXMrJ.jpg

"I have no time for these peasants." Don't nut. Don't nut yet"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnsR5OACQAARlux.jpg

Another trip to the WCF.... These Kids are too easy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Khrk7JaJwNQ/U3WC_F7kTKI/AAAAAAAAia0/dXnsLxsFldA/s1600/duncan3.gif

LAZERUSS
05-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Top-5 in scoring
Top-3 in rebounding
Top-1 in blocks

Top 3 in Win Shares

NOT #1 in blocks.

How about this from Julizaver who is absolutely one of the game's greatest researchers...

Must keep in mind that 387 (56 games) are from his Lakers days and for '60, '61, '62, '64, '66 and '68 post i have a total of 4 known games.

Correction - I have 2 more games with 5 blocks each (both vs Celtics) - so till now it is 6 known games. And a total of Wilt's postseason blocked shots goes to 580 in 82 games.
When have time I will make additional checks with the latest data

580 known blocked shots in 82 of Wilt's 160 post-season games (and essentially missing the first half of his career when he likely was blocking more.)

Duncan is the current "record holder" with 536 in 223 games.

So there was a strong possibility that Chamberlain blocked some 1000 shots in his post-season career, and in only 160 games, and not the 223 that Duncan has played in.

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2014, 05:08 PM
blah blah blah

http://i.gyazo.com/e95cac51480211cf5ae6b7ead0e1ca41.png

http://i.gyazo.com/26b65931272f1415f3e4dc521677a0c5.png

Take that, dumbass. Where is Wilt?

Now **** off with your spamming essay writing garbage

LAZERUSS
05-17-2014, 05:19 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/e95cac51480211cf5ae6b7ead0e1ca41.png

http://i.gyazo.com/26b65931272f1415f3e4dc521677a0c5.png

Take that, dumbass. Where is Wilt?

Now **** off with your spamming essay writing garbage

Did you read your own garbage post?

BLOCKED DATA is complete from 73-74 on.

Researchers like Julizaver are actually finding more incredible records that Wilt now owns, day-by-day.

BTW, what is the "official" shot block record in an NBA game? 17 by Elmore Smith in a 1974 game.

But, how about this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1082021/2/index.htm:

So the Lakers walk the ball up the court, get arranged and then, as VBK says, start "to grind it out." The Lakers do not often make 100 points now. "Defense is the thing we're really living on," van Breda Kolff admits, and Chamberlain has been superb, sometimes even awesome, on defense. In a recent game on national television he blocked 23 shots against Phoenix.

And to be honest, that 23 block game is nowhere near Wilt's best game. There are educated estimates of 30+.

Now, do some actual research next time you blatantly post some ridiculous "record."

Duncan not only is NOT the playoff record-holder. He could play 20 more years, and he STILL will not be, either.

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Since when does an ISH Poster decide who the record holder is, OVER the actual NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION? :oldlol: LMFAOO OLD ASS RETARD.

Rocketswin2013
05-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Since when does an ISH Poster decide who the record holder is, OVER the actual NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION? :oldlol: LMFAOO OLD ASS RETARD.
Nah,I mean Wilt did block more shots...Literally and factually, Duncan did but Wilt is definitely the all-time leader when you consider everything.

Does it matter? More or less...Duncan's name will be on the record books at the end of the day...

LAZERUSS
05-17-2014, 06:26 PM

Just so you know...it was JULIZAVER who first uncovered all of the Wilt-Kareem H2H's, and was the FIRST guy to hit the internet with them. Now everyone is using his research in that discussion.

Furthermore, ThaRegula8r, who used to post here, also had newspaper archives in which he found ALL of Wilt's blocks in Chamberlain's LAST season. His research uncovered the fact that Wilt averaged 5.42 bpg in his LAST season. Twelve years later Mark eaton would set the "official" mark of 5.56. BUT, CLEARLY, a PRIME Wilt blocked FAR more shots.

Why does the NBA count Wilt's scoring, rebounding, and FG% marks, and not his KNOWN records? Probably because they don't have everyone's known blocks. Still, I believe LaFrescobaldi posted an article that the NBA deliberately decided to wait until Chamberlain retired, before officially recording blocked shots.

In any case, with the research that exists out there now, we KNOW that Chamberlain holds far more records than the "official" records that the NBA recognizes.

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Just so you know...it was JULIZAVER who first uncovered all of the Wilt-Kareem H2H's, and was the FIRST guy to hit the internet with them. Now everyone is using his research in that discussion.

Furthermore, ThaRegula8r, who used to post here, also had newspaper archives in which he found ALL of Wilt's blocks in Chamberlain's LAST season. His research uncovered the fact that Wilt averaged 5.42 bpg in his LAST season. Twelve years later Mark eaton would set the "official" mark of 5.56. BUT, CLEARLY, a PRIME Wilt blocked FAR more shots.

Why does the NBA count Wilt's scoring, rebounding, and FG% marks, and not his KNOWN records? Probably because they don't have everyone's known blocks. Still, I believe LaFrescobaldi posted an article that the NBA deliberately decided to wait until Chamberlain retired, before officially recording blocked shots.

In any case, with the research that exists out there now, we KNOW that Chamberlain holds far more records than the "official" records that the NBA recognizes.

Yeah, and I'll wait til the NBA recognizes them.

LAZERUSS
05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah, and I'll wait til the NBA recognizes them.

Oh of course, even though we KNOW that Wilt holds them, right?

ThatCoolKid
05-17-2014, 07:04 PM
OP is RG. /thread

Paul George 24
05-17-2014, 07:15 PM
NOT #1 in blocks.

How about this from Julizaver who is absolutely one of the game's greatest researchers...

580 known blocked shots in 82 of Wilt's 160 post-season games (and essentially missing the first half of his career when he likely was blocking more.)

Duncan is the current "record holder" with 536 in 223 games.

So there was a strong possibility that Chamberlain blocked some 1000 shots in his post-season career, and in only 160 games, and not the 223 that Duncan has played in.

BUT HOW MANY SHOT IS GOALTENDING BY WILT :confusedshrug:

LAZERUSS
05-17-2014, 07:17 PM
BTW, as more-and-more research becomes available, records change.

When I was in my youth, Bob Gibson hung a season with a 1.12 ERA. It was considered second all-time, behind Walter Johnson's 1.09 mark set in 1913.

Guess what...some year after 1968, baseball research dug this up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Johnson

His earned run average of 1.14 in 1913 was the fourth lowest ever at the time he recorded it; it remains the sixth-lowest today, despite having been surpassed by Bob Gibson in 1968 (1.12) for lowest ERA ever by a 300+ inning pitcher. It could have been lower if not for one of manager Clark Griffith's traditions. For the last game of the season, Griffith often treated the fans to a farce game. Johnson actually played center field that game until he was brought in to pitch. He allowed two hits before he was taken out of the game. The next pitcher – who was actually a career catcher – allowed both runners to score. The official scorekeeper ignored the game, but later, Johnson was charged with those two runs, raising his ERA from 1.09 to 1.14. For the decade from 1910-1919, Johnson averaged 26 wins per season and had an overall ERA of 1.59.

I couldn't tell you when his ERA was changed, but it was after 1968.

THEN, a few years later...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/earned_run_avg_season.shtml

It was found that Dutch Leonard had an ERA of 0.96 in 1914, which is now considered the "modern" record (post 1901.)

And I can almost guarantee you that the NBA will do the same as more-and-more research becomes available.

LAZERUSS
05-17-2014, 07:20 PM
BUT HOW MANY SHOT IS GOALTENDING BY WILT :confusedshrug:

NONE. BOTH offensive and defensive goal-tending were in effect before Wilt joined the NBA. A goal-tend in Wilt's era was the same as a goal-tend in 2014.

Paul George 24
05-18-2014, 05:03 AM
NONE. BOTH offensive and defensive goal-tending were in effect before Wilt joined the NBA. A goal-tend in Wilt's era was the same as a goal-tend in 2014.

should not be count then

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2014, 11:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BntKalcIIAIyBLU.jpg

SCdac
05-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Bump for Tim "Groundhog Day" Duncan :bowdown:

4,831 points (#4 all time)
2,629 rebounds (#3 all time)
536 blocks (#1 all time)
152 double-doubles (#2 all time)

http://www.imgnook.com/9Jecwo.gif

SCdac
05-31-2014, 11:52 PM
Add another double double (19 points / 15 rebounds), a block, and 2 steals to the numbers :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2015, 04:22 PM
How epic are these?

http://i.gyazo.com/f58b7fc597417dc8370f18a6d10b7ab7.png

http://i.gyazo.com/ddb70da7a0f5f8b378345b471a7c2f08.png

BuffaloBill
02-12-2015, 04:30 PM

Well you have to take into account that Duncan has to guard players his own size.

Demon Lizard
02-12-2015, 04:58 PM

Objective: Downplay Duncan's greatness to bump up Kobe.