PDA

View Full Version : Franchises That Will Never Win a Title

SilkkTheShocker
05-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Which franchises in your opinion have no shot at all? Whether it because of location, front office, etc.

Also, PM me for more info

Black and White
05-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Orlando

Knicks2014champ
05-11-2014, 11:51 PM
queens,cavs,lolcats (wallace was there best player ever LMAO) and twolves

Im Still Ballin
05-11-2014, 11:52 PM
The benefits of having a time machine my friends.

J Shuttlesworth
05-11-2014, 11:53 PM
PM Sent

SilkkTheShocker
Orlando

Must be a front office problem at this point. Orlando is a nice city. They just can't keep their stars

215Philly
Celtics

Meticode
05-11-2014, 11:54 PM
If anyone says the Cavaliers...I'd have to agree with you.

SilkkTheShocker
PM Sent

Noted. Reading now. Please wait for response.

Fudge
Sacramento - as long as Cousins is their "franchise player".
Milwaukee - No explanation needed
Charlotte - Terrible draft picks and FA signings...every year. I like their Al Jeff pickup tho. Probably their best FA signing in their little history. Not really saying much.
Cleveland

SilkkTheShocker
05-11-2014, 11:56 PM
If anyone says the Cavaliers...I'd have to agree with you.

Grant did a good job of collecting assets, winning trades, etc. But he just didn't use the draft picks wisely. Cleveland front offices has been seemingly bad for awhile now

SilkkTheShocker
05-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Sacramento - as long as Cousins is their "franchise player".
Milwaukee - No explanation needed
Charlotte - Terrible draft picks and FA signings...every year. I like their Al Jeff pickup tho. Probably their best FA signing in their little history. Not really saying much.
Cleveland

Charlotte ain't winning shit with Jordan running the show.

tjgoHAM
05-12-2014, 12:00 AM
mcnuggets :(

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 12:02 AM
mcnuggets :(

Definitely. Their front office is only worried about making the playoffs.

poido123
05-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Wiz and OKC.

I'll add Milwaukee and Kings

Meticode
05-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Grant did a good job of collecting assets, winning trades, etc. But he just didn't use the draft picks wisely. Cleveland front offices has been seemingly bad for awhile now
Okay.

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Wiz and OKC.

Technically Wizards and Kings already have titles. Just under a different name. And a different city for the Kings. People forget that Milwaukee even has team, but they did in fact win a title :lol Look it up, they actually did it. OKC will never win a title imo. Cheap ownership will be their downfall. And they will have no chance of attracting big stars once the KD era ends (2016).

poido123
05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
:facepalm A gaping hole in my knowledge. Ignorance is bliss huh? :lol

Thanks for edumacating me. I do recall I think Kareem winning a title with Bucks? But a different name...

Fudge
05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Technically Wizards and Kings already have titles. Just under a different name. And a different city for the Kings. People forget that Milwaukee even has team, but they did in fact win a title :lol Look it up, they actually did it. OKC will never win a title imo. Cheap ownership will be their downfall. And they will have no chance of attracting big stars once the KD era ends (2016).
Well, if that's the case, then OKC has one too, no?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Craptors
Wolves
Bobcats
Magic

Black and White
05-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Must be a front office problem at this point. Orlando is a nice city. They just can't keep their stars

Yea, it must be, I'm sure they can fix it, they just don't have a good track record with keeping talent.

Cocaine80s
05-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Yea, it must be, I'm sure they can fix it, they just don't have a good track record with keeping talent.
Florida is actually a really ****ed up place. Most of the crazy shit on the news happened in Florida

fpliii
05-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Temas without titles:

Phoenix Suns
Cleveland Cavaliers
LA Clippers
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Indiana Pacers
New Jersey Nets
New Orleans Pelicans
Minnesota Timberwolves
Orlando Magic
Memphis Grizzlies
Toronto Raptors
Charlotte Bobcats

Are the teams without NBA titles (Nets and Pacers won titles in the ABA)

Of these teams, I feel like Pacers, Nets, Pelicans, Magic, Grizzlies, Raptors could win at some point down the line (based on players, front offices, owners willing to spend).

Could be wrong.

SilkkTheShocker
Well, if that's the case, then OKC has one too, no?

Good point. Definitely forgot OKC still owns everything Sonics. I guess they are supposed to get it back though if/when Sonics return. Not sure though.

JohnFreeman
Sacramento - in the future maybe

edit: sorry thought you mean't win another title

Milbuck
05-12-2014, 12:15 AM
:facepalm :facepalm To the people who've mentioned them already and the people who inevitably will mention them...the Bucks already have a title.

Warfan
05-12-2014, 12:15 AM
:facepalm A gaping hole in my knowledge. Ignorance is bliss huh? :lol

Thanks for edumacating me. I do recall I think Kareem winning a title with Bucks? But a different name...

Nah they've always been the milwaukee bucks

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Temas without titles:

Phoenix Suns
Cleveland Cavaliers
LA Clippers
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Indiana Pacers
New Jersey Nets
New Orleans Pelicans
Minnesota Timberwolves
Orlando Magic
Memphis Grizzlies
Toronto Raptors
Charlotte Bobcats

Are the teams without NBA titles (Nets and Pacers won titles in the ABA)

Of these teams, I feel like Pacers, Nets, Pelicans, Magic, Grizzlies, Raptors could win at some point down the line (based on players, front offices, owners willing to spend).

Could be wrong.

Good post, bro :cheers:

Warfan
Sacramento - in the future maybe

y'all should already have one :(

poido123

Not to offend the throng of OKC fans on here, but it doesn't look good. They had opportunities to acquire the right players to put around KD, but didn't. That coach needed to go a while ago, Westbrook needed to be traded and put players around KD that suit his skillset.

Who knows they could change management and ownership?

I scratch my head as to why they couldn't use their assets and add to their nucleus at the deadline or even the offseason. Adding Butler through free agency as your only major move aint gonna cut it.

Black and White
Florida is actually a really ****ed up place. Most of the crazy shit on the news happened in Florida

Yea, you guys don't get as much coverage over here on this side of the world, but I have seen some stories online, still, I hear that Orlando and Miami are fine, I have a mate living in Orlando and he loves it over there.

Milbuck
05-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Nah they've always been the milwaukee bucks
Lew Alcindor.

fpliii
05-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Good post, bro :cheers:
:cheers:

kamil
05-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Toronto is never winning a championship. No star player wants to go there.

MiseryCityTexas
05-12-2014, 12:32 AM
:facepalm :facepalm To the people who've mentioned them already and the people who inevitably will mention them...the Bucks already have a title.

Your team will never win a title ever again.

poido123
05-12-2014, 12:39 AM

I agree with some things you say, but this isn't one.

Toronto is a big market team, run by a decent GM and have a whole country behind them in support. They have some pieces that are useful and their future is much brighter than most.

Oh, they might need a new coach too, but that's my opinion.

Knicks2014champ
05-12-2014, 12:40 AM
out

Legends66NBA7
05-12-2014, 01:30 AM
If I would have to pick one team out of the group, it's Minnesota. This is a team that wasn't even selling playoff games when Garnett was playing for them AND have the longest playoff drought in the league when they already had a pretty decent team to make the playoffs this year.

If Love leaves (which seems likely), I don't know how the Wolves will recover. It seems like they don't have that much of a fanbase that cares about them, so they are in danger of being relocated as well.