PDA

View Full Version : Houston Must Be Pretty Bad If They Lost to Portland

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Yea, give spurs credit for being on the verge of sweeping them. But Houston might be stuck with this first round clunker of a team for a long time. Never found Portland impressive at all. Aldridge went off, but he is back to being his typical inefficient self. And the rest of the team aside from Lillard is pretty meh. No ability to play defense at all. Rockets are in trouble.

Frozen1
05-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Harden and Howard were exposed big time.

No excuses for a team with the best center and the "best" SG (LOL) of the league getting eliminated by a pretender who is getting swept in the next round.

Why didn

Marlo_Stanfield
05-12-2014, 09:45 AM
rockets were doomed from the second they gave harden the max.
not firing mcfail was the tombstone on their grave:banana: :banana:

All Net
05-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Portland are still a very good team. Spurs are just very good and exposed blazers lack of a bench.

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Portland are still a very good team. Spurs are just very good and exposed blazers lack of a bench.

"Very good"? I don't really see it. They got nice pieces in Lillard and Aldridge, but they are never going to beat team in the playoffs that plays defense

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 09:52 AM
When u have Dwight coward on your team you deserve everything that comes to you that loser will never win anything

Dwight is the last player I would blame for them losing.

imdaman99
05-12-2014, 09:53 AM
It's about matchups. Portland has 2 guys the Rockets couldn't guard.
Meanwhile Houston would be able to man up the Spurs...

Dresta
05-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Nah, Houston did just suck. Can't believe some people actually thought they were potential contenders :facepalm

Derka
05-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Doesn't work like that.

The playoffs are about match-ups. The team you get in the first round could be an infinitely more difficult match-up for your team than the team you get in the Conference finals.

But you know that already.

rule1223
05-12-2014, 10:00 AM
It's about matchups. Portland has 2 guys the Rockets couldn't guard.
Meanwhile Houston would be able to man up the Spurs...
parker would tear houston apart, and if houston couldnt even contain matthews and batum, i can only imagine what ginobli and the three point shooters on the spurs would do to them

All Net
05-12-2014, 10:01 AM
"Very good"? I don't really see it. They got nice pieces in Lillard and Aldridge, but they are never going to beat team in the playoffs that plays defense
They won 54 games in the loaded West and got to the 2nd round in their first playoff run. Impressive for a young team. They just need to keep improving.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-12-2014, 10:01 AM
problem is houston plays 4 on 5 constantly
on offense its because beverley is a dleague level player at best.
on defense its because harden doesnt even try. make that 3 on 5 since parsons doesnt try either.
than they have a disadvantage in coaching against every opponent.
cant win like that:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Rockets > Blazers, though.

Real14
05-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Lebron must be really bad to get flexed on by jj barea and Jason phuckin terry.:coleman:

kurple
05-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Lack of bench my ass

kurple
05-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Teams figured out how to defend Portland halfway trough the season. Only Houston are so bad defensively it didn't matter

DMV2
05-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Nah, Houston did just suck. Can't believe some people actually thought they were potential contenders :facepalm
Only Rockets trolls thought that.

SsKSpurs21
05-12-2014, 10:35 AM
I dont agree that Houston is bad. they didnt match up well with Portland. Portland has alot of good one on one defenders. Their team defense is not that great. Houston was playing iso ball which portland was quick to defend. Now against san antonio their team defense is being exposed. not to mention that stotts completely outcoached mchale and is not getting schooled by Pop.

All Net
05-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Lack of bench my ass
Huh? Their bench is terrible. Spurs bench just has destroyed them.

Milbuck
05-12-2014, 10:59 AM
No shit.

Houston sucks ass, period.

UK2K
05-12-2014, 11:06 AM
When u have Dwight coward on your team you deserve everything that comes to you that loser will never win anything
Dwight was the best player in that series...

UK2K
05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Portland had a better PG and PF.

Houston had a better SG and C.

SFs were even.

But even at the 2 and 5 Portland had Matthews and Lopez. At the 4 Houston had... Jones, for a while, then it went to Asik, who is a liability on offense. So Houston was playing 5 on 4 through the first 5 games on both ends of the floor.

Ahh well, youngest team in the league? They've got about 3 years to figure it out.

Milbuck
05-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Dwight was the best player in that series...
Dwight was terrific that series and I don't want to criticize him any way...but you could definitely make the case that Aldridge was better. Same for Lillard.

Aldridge put up 30/11/2/3/1 on 48/67/82 shooting...and that's including his 8 point performance in game 5. Lillard put up 26/6/7/1 on 47/49/88 shooting.

Lillard has less of a case considering Dwight's defensive impact, but Aldridge definitely has a strong one.

InfiniteBaskets
05-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Wonder what Mavs Blazers would've looked like

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Wonder what Mavs Blazers would've looked like

Lillard would have raped them, but Dallas would still win. Portland really isn't that good though. This is as good as they are going to get. Houston is just terrible though I guess.

All Net
05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Lillard would have raped them, but Dallas would still win. Portland really isn't that good though. This is as good as they are going to get. Houston is just terrible though I guess.
Actually Portland are only going to get better I imagine. Depends who they can pick up this summer.

RightToCensor
05-12-2014, 11:30 AM
4-0 in the regular season.

We da bess, yall mad.

KungFuJoe
05-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Houston just has no heart, no identity, and no D.

They are a team with good pieces, but no ****ing clue what to do with them.

And McHale is just awful...can't believe everyone is losing their jobs except this clueless ****.

hawksdogsbraves
05-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Coaching becomes so important in the playoffs. McHale got outcoached badly by Stotts in the first round, but now that coaching advantage for Portland has been flipped completely around facing Pop.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Portland had a better PG and PF.

Houston had a better SG and C.

SFs were even.

But even at the 2 and 5 Portland had Matthews and Lopez. At the 4 Houston had... Jones, for a while, then it went to Asik, who is a liability on offense. So Houston was playing 5 on 4 through the first 5 games on both ends of the floor.

Ahh well, youngest team in the league? They've got about 3 years to figure it out.
Portland also had the better SG
i agree Lillard>Bevershit aka the fake ill guy:roll: :roll:

IncarceratedBob
05-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Rockets would have swept the Spurs, Blazers just got too many calls for the Rox to overcome

UK2K
05-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Portland also had the better SG
i agree Lillard>Bevershit aka the fake ill guy:roll: :roll:
No. Harden was still better. No amount of bitterness will change that.

And yes, Lillard > just about every PG in league.

Thanks as always for your intellectually stimulating input.

All Net
05-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Rockets would have swept the Spurs, Blazers just got too many calls for the Rox to overcome
:lol Blazers were just better.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 03:41 PM
No. Harden was still better. No amount of bitterness will change that.

And yes, Lillard > just about every PG in league.

Thanks as always for your intellectually stimulating input.

Harden only plays one side of the court

mark henson 123
05-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Lebron must be really bad to get flexed on by jj barea and Jason phuckin terry.:coleman:

Houston needs c anthony:coleman:

ninephive
05-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Yea, give spurs credit for being on the verge of sweeping them. But Houston might be stuck with this first round clunker of a team for a long time. Never found Portland impressive at all. Aldridge went off, but he is back to being his typical inefficient self. And the rest of the team aside from Lillard is pretty meh. No ability to play defense at all. Rockets are in trouble.
If the Spurs weren't playing as good (say like Miami) and the series was 2-1, would you still think so?

Black and White
05-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Houston played like shit, (except Dwight, I give him a pass)

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Portland is being overrated though. They will be a treadmill at best. 1st-2nd round exits for the next decade or so.

ninephive
05-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Portland is being overrated though. They will be a treadmill at best. 1st-2nd round exits for the next decade or so.
Probably so. After all, they're not in the East.

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Probably so. After all, they're not in the East.

Hate to break it you but Portland loses to Washington, Indy, Miami, and probably Nets. No one is arguing the West isn't more talented. But the Blazers are just overrated garbage.

Black and White
05-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Hate to break it you but Portland loses to Washington, Indy, Miami, and probably Nets. No one is arguing the West isn't more talented. But the Blazers are just overrated garbage.

The Blazers are inexperienced, they just need some time, and to bulk up the bench a little in the off-season.

mark henson 123
05-12-2014, 05:41 PM
they need carmole anthony:biggums: