PDA

View Full Version : nfl draft crushes nba playoffs in ratings

El Gato Negro
05-12-2014, 01:19 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/the-nfl-draft-crushed-the-nba-and-nhl-playoffs-in-the-ratings/ i guess the nba will always be 2nd fiddle to the nfl. i mean this was the draft, not playoffs vs playoffs. i would hate to see the results if the nfl did a playoff game during the nba draft.

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 01:21 PM
The NBA draft doesn't have enough sideshow attractions like homosexuals kissing

BasedTom
05-12-2014, 01:25 PM
E!SPN did an amazing job hyping up Manziel and Michael Sam. How many average americans really would have watched the entire thing if not for those ridiculously blown out of proportion storylines?

Le Shaqtus
05-12-2014, 01:26 PM
E!SPN did an amazing job hyping up Manziel and Michael Sam. How many average americans really would have watched the entire thing if not for those ridiculously blown out of proportion storylines?

All that hype and he wasn't even the first QB drafted :lol

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 01:28 PM
All that hype and he wasn't even the first QB drafted :lol

He really should have been. Bortles over Manziel was an absolute joke. I know it's usually love/hate for Manziel, but he is the real deal imo.

Clyde
05-12-2014, 01:36 PM
NFL shits on the NBA.

I love basketball, but the biggest story of this playoffs is Donald Sterling.

Maybe if they had a shorter season and regular season games meant more, it would be more popular.....that and parity.

Same teams wining over and over and over and over and over and over again gets boring.

russwest0
05-12-2014, 01:37 PM
don't worry nba, keep telling the officials to take over games, i'm sure the ratings will return to the mid 90s level where the game was far more physical and not ran by a bunch of pvssies

BasedTom
05-12-2014, 01:43 PM
don't worry nba, keep telling the officials to take over games, i'm sure the ratings will return to the mid 90s level where the game was far more physical and not ran by a bunch of pvssies
The NFL is getting pussified too- in the name of player safety. I mean ok, but it's becoming a problem

The NBA gets shitted on for officiating, but not enough people criticize the NFL for it

Meticode
05-12-2014, 01:56 PM
This doesn't surprise me. The NFL is by far the most popular sport in the U.S. And not only that, but for the NFL draft I bet you have NFL fans and NCAA fans watching the drafts at the same time. The NFL and NCAAF mesh well together, I know so many people who like the NBA or NCAAB, but hate the other basketball league for whatever reason.

Kiddlovesnets
05-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Well of course NBA will never reach NFL's level of popularity, no one will deny that and its not even a contest. The good news is that usually we can watch both at different time/schedule, so its all neat.

SHABBA
05-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Globally the NBA is far more popular.

tmacattack33
05-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Football is a beautiful game with a lot of things to occupy someone's mind. There's so many different positions, and there's so many different situations in a game.

And the scoring system is beautiful and every play is important with the potential to be a game changing play.

The NBA should be happy to have gained the number 2 title from the MLB.

rhowen4
05-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Because people are idiots

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 02:23 PM
The NFL Draft is boring as all ****. Anyone who watches that shit over basketball is a ****ing moron.

CelticBaller
05-12-2014, 02:24 PM
The NBA draft doesn't have enough sideshow attractions like homosexuals kissing
:oldlol:

Rubio2Gasol
05-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Why do Americans like Handegg so much?

Slowest most boring sport bar none

Basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

buddha
05-12-2014, 02:28 PM
does this surprise anyone?

it was the Heat vs the Nets, who the hell wants to watch Bran cherry pick layups against old scrubs.

buddha
05-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Because handegg is the chess of sports, while basketball, hockey and soccer are like checkers.

you actually have a good point though, I have no idea why football is so popular consider most people are stupid as hell and don't understand most of the concepts of handegg.

CelticBaller
05-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Because you're too stupid to understand it?

Slow? :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 02:35 PM

This. NFL has by far the best athletes in any sport. Stick to watching poverty ball.

crawdaddy4ou
05-12-2014, 02:37 PM
The draft was just a sickening spectacle of Manziel hype. It was unwatchable.

Le Shaqtus
05-12-2014, 02:40 PM
He really should have been. Bortles over Manziel was an absolute joke. I know it's usually love/hate for Manziel, but he is the real deal imo.

I go to UCF so I'm a Bortles homer, we'll agree to disagree :oldlol:

AT9
05-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Have you watched baseball? There's like 30 seconds of real action for every 3 hour game. It's miserable. That's why new stadiums come with freaking pools and bars. People don't even want to watch the game, and one game is basically meaningless in the course of an entire season.

Basketball is better than football generally, but each football game is so much more important to each team so people tend to care more about individual games. Each regular season NFL game is worth at least 5 NBA regular season games.

moe94
05-12-2014, 02:50 PM
This. NFL has by far the best athletes in any sport. Stick to watching poverty ball.

NBA athletes are every bit as great as NFL.

"by far"

Fvck outta here

Rubio2Gasol
05-12-2014, 02:51 PM

It's 90 percent commercials, ten percent game.

Like most sports it's fairly simple, perhaps more draped in unneccesary red tape. Core neccessity to advance the ball is easy, but the 50 different breaks completely kills any rhythm. It's like watching two other people play chess.

These guys may have very explosive athleticism but I'm pretty sure 3/4 of them would be toast within a quarter of pickup ball. Worse yet football, if these guys played football they'd be heart risk.

Oly BC
05-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Because handegg is the chess of sports, while basketball, hockey and soccer are like checkers.
Yeah, that's what people see in it, the advanced tactics.

Not guys built like trucks pounding on each other.

Oly BC
05-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Like most sports it's fairly simple, perhaps more draped in unneccesary red tape. Core neccessity to advance the ball is easy, but the 50 different breaks completely kills any rhythm. It's like watching two other people play chess.

No, it's exactly the opposite because watching people play chess is awesome.

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 02:58 PM
NBA athletes are every bit as great as NFL.

"by far"

Fvck outta here

Please. I like the NBA more, but NFL athletes at the top dogs.

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Lebron is as athletic as any player in the NFL. Griffin too.

Rubio2Gasol
05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Have you watched baseball? There's like 30 seconds of real action for every 3 hour game. It's miserable. That's why new stadiums come with freaking pools and bars. People don't even want to watch the game, and one game is basically meaningless in the course of an entire season.

Basketball is better than football generally, but each football game is so much more important to each team so people tend to care more about individual games. Each regular season NFL game is worth at least 5 NBA regular season games.

Nah, I don't know where people find the time to watch all those ads.

I have to say, I wouldn't mind going to stadiums and watching this stuff, would probably be better. Definitely wouldn't mind playing either. But they simply don't make for great television.

I have my problems with fluidity outside that, but it's amazing that all this money is pumped into stuff that fundamentally isn't exciting.

I mean I played cricket, and while I love playing cricket, watching cricket isn't all that great. If some said to me, 100 million people are going to watch this, I'd say...gtfo. T20 is better, more sports, less ads, more exciting things and that\s why t gets money.

But the idea that more people enjoy watching Football/Baseball thank freaking basketball is just stupid. It just seems like a patriotism thing, Handegg and Baseball are "American things" and people in America support it.

Meanwhile the rest of the world is falling asleep.

moe94

What do you base this on? I've read that they're essentially the same. In fact, the average NBA player is more athletic than the average NFL player and the most athletic of each are about the same.

Black Mamba's B
The NFL Draft is boring as all ****. Anyone who watches that shit over basketball is a ****ing moron.
The only thing we will ever agree on:cheers:

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Honestly I would say the most athletic nba players are more athletic than the most athletic nfl players.

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 03:03 PM
o moe i forgot to pm u those links

SilkkTheShocker
05-12-2014, 03:07 PM
PM me for my full analysis

BasedTom
05-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Have you ever seen Vince Wilfork or any other of those fatasses run? It's hilarious
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/run-wilfork-run.jpg

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Have you ever seen Vince Wilfork or any other of those fatasses run? It's hilarious
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/run-wilfork-run.jpg

Dan Connolly :bowdown:

moe94
05-12-2014, 03:13 PM
PM me for my full analysis

What are you waiting for, Jam?

Le Shaqtus
05-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Lebron is as athletic as any player in the NFL. Griffin too.

LeBron is too soft for the NFL

Denitron
05-12-2014, 03:22 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3135229/johnnyDOLLARS_medium.gif

Manziel=Ratings

AT9
05-12-2014, 03:27 PM

Meh, that's like saying Usain Bolt is a better athlete than Michael Phelps. Just different skill sets. The average NFL player would probably beat up on average Joe in the NBA in a contest of brute strength, but NBA would probably beat NFL in other areas like quickness or jumping ability.

Weaving through huge, quick dudes and putting a ball through a fairly small basket over a guy with a 9.5 ft standing reach is as impressive as someone leaping for a catch with inches to spare on the sideline.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 03:29 PM
I remember a few years back that just THE LOWEST RATED Dallas Cowboy's game had better ratings than the ENTIRE NBA Finals...all games

as for the athlete debate, there is a very small handful of athletes in the NBA that are comparable...Bron, Griffin, Dwight Howard, maybe a couple others...but the majority of the NBA is slower, weaker, and smaller which are all major traits of athleticism

http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Air-Bryant.jpg

^^^ Cowboy's WR Dez Bryant who can dunk with the best of them

AnaheimLakers24
05-12-2014, 03:31 PM
football os for insecure tuff white americans who are closet homosexuals. thats why they love full body contact sports with dudes in tightss

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 03:32 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/johnny-manziel-360-dunk.gif

even Manziel can hoop

jzek
05-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Of course brah.

NFL is about 3x-5x more popular than basketball. Just compare the ratings for the Super Bowl vs NBA Finals.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 03:50 PM
I remember a few years back that just THE LOWEST RATED Dallas Cowboy's game had better ratings than the ENTIRE NBA Finals...all games

as for the athlete debate, there is a very small handful of athletes in the NBA that are comparable...Bron, Griffin, Dwight Howard, maybe a couple others...but the majority of the NBA is slower, weaker, and smaller which are all major traits of athleticism

http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Air-Bryant.jpg

^^^ Cowboy's WR Dez Bryant who can dunk with the best of them

They're taller though which is also a trait of athleticism. Somebody like Dwyane Wade who's considered to be an undersized 2 by NBA standards would be a big receiver in the NFL.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 03:52 PM
The NFL is great but really it's kind of sad that the NBA playoffs can't hang with the draft. The sh1t Eastern conference is the main reason to blame.

Also, NFL athletes are very impressive but to say they are more athletic than NBA players is a joke, a pretty funny one at that. LeBron is a better athlete than Megatron, Cam Newton, or Dez Bryant, there is no debate. Westbrook, pre-injury Dwight, and Nate Robinson are at least on those guys' tier.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 03:55 PM
The NFL is great but really it's kind of sad that the NBA playoffs can't hang with the draft. The sh1t Eastern conference is the main reason to blame.

Also, NFL athletes are very impressive but to say they are more athletic than NBA players is a joke, a pretty funny one at that. LeBron is a better athlete than Megatron, Cam Newton, or Dez Bryant, there is no debate. Westbrook is another guy on that level too.
Bron is the ONLY ONE though

if we made an athleticism list from just those 2 sports like 17 of the top 20 would all be from the NFL

1. Bron
2. Calvin
3. Peterson
4. NFL Player
5. NFL Player
""
""
""
""
12. Blake Griffin
13. NFL Player
14. NFL Player
""
""
18. Dwight Howard
19. NFL Player
20. NFL Player
""
""
""
""

^^^ It would go something like that

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 03:58 PM

if we made an athleticism list from just those 2 sports like 17 of the top 20 would all be from the NFL

1. Bron
2. Calvin
3. Peterson
4. NFL Player
5. NFL Player
""
""
""
""
12. Blake Griffin
13. NFL Player
14. NFL Player
""
""
18. Dwight Howard
19. NFL Player
20. NFL Player
""
""
""
""

what are you even basing this off of? stop being dumb

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
what are you even basing this off of? stop being dumb
raw athleticism...size, speed, strength, vert, coordination, etc

if NBA players entered the NFL combine they would get completely demolished minus maybe 2-3 standouts

if there was a track and field competition NFL vs. NBA, it wouldn't even be close

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 04:02 PM

if NBA players entered the NFL combine they would get completely demolished minus maybe 2-3 standouts
lol

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 04:02 PM

1. Bron
2. Calvin
3. Peterson
4. NFL Player
5. NFL Player
""
""
""
""
12. Blake Griffin
13. NFL Player
14. NFL Player
""
""
18. Dwight Howard
19. NFL Player
20. NFL Player
""
""
""
""

lol no. Off the top of my head: Westbrook, Wall, Durant, George, Deandre, Healthy Rose would all probably be on that list.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 04:04 PM

if there was a track and field competition NFL vs. NBA, it wouldn't even be close

There is more to track than the 100m dash bro... NFL players might take the 100m and 200m, probably shotput/javelin/discus too.

NBA would take 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m...
Not to mention triple jump, long jump, high jump

Not to mention actual track athletes, even just D1 (generally skinny 'nonathletic' guys outside of the 100/200) would absolutely SH1T on the combined best of NFL and NBA athletes at track.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:05 PM
lol no. Off the top of my head: Westbrook, Wall, Durant, George, Deandre, Healthy Rose would all probably be on that list.
lol Durant can't even bench 200 lbs...he would fckin break in the NFL

Rose is 190 lbs, he would barely get on the field at that size

Westbrook would be a small WR but he might be comparable

TheMagicMan
05-12-2014, 04:06 PM
The NFL is only 16 games with a 1-and-done format. Are you kidding me? There's no way the NBA will be able to compete with that.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 04:07 PM

Rose is 190 lbs, he couldn't even get on the field at that size

Lol @ Durant, he would definitely get destroyed in the NFL. But guys like Naterob, Isaiah Thomas, Westbrook, Corey Maggette, have the right build for it

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 04:07 PM

Rose is 190 lbs, he would barely get on the field at that size

rose would bulk up if he played in the nfl obviously. so stupid.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:08 PM
There is more to track than the 100m dash bro... NFL players might take the 100m and 200m, probably shotput/javelin/discus too.

NBA would take 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m...
Not to mention triple jump, long jump, high jump

Not to mention actual track athletes, even just D1 (generally skinny 'nonathletic' guys outside of the 100/200) would absolutely SH1T on the combined best of NFL and NBA athletes at track

a large portion of NFL players were also track stars in college...more so than the NBA I beleive

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 04:09 PM

Rose is 190 lbs, he couldn't even get on the field at that size

And Greg Robinson couldn't keep up with the pace in the NBA, doesn't mean he isn't an amazing athlete. This is some terrible logic. Just because they can't play in the NFL doesn't mean they aren't great athletes.

BTW Westbrook is 6'3 about 200 pounds, he isn't small.

Jameerthefear
a large portion of NFL players were also track stars in college...more so than the NBA I beleive
i highly doubt most nfl players are running anything more than 400m

~primetime~
rose would bulk up if he played in the nfl obviously. so stupid.
oh so we are supposed to assume all NBA would "bulk up" and add a ton of muscle and speed...I didn't know :rolleyes:

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 04:11 PM

edit: this is true

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:11 PM
BTW Westbrook is 6'3 about 200 pounds, he isn't small.
I said Westbrook might make it in the list somewhere...

but for every Westbrook there are 10 Vernon Davis types in the NFL...

pastis
05-12-2014, 04:12 PM

you actually have a good point though, I have no idea why football is so popular consider most people are stupid as hell and don't understand most of the concepts of handegg.

handegg is so boring. dude, i love playing chess, the game of kings, and im pretty good in chess. i also even visited the world cup here in germany years ago and i am watching couple of ytubevids about tactics and analyses of chess matches. in chess there is action
but handegg? watcjinf 2 hours for 10min of action?
get the fcuvk out of here
i would prefer 10 times watching rugby, the real and tough handegg, than this "american football":facepalm :facepalm
1. soccer
2. basketball
:lol :lol

Jameerthefear
oh so we are supposed to assume all NBA would "bulk up" and add a ton of muscle and speed...I didn't know :rolleyes:
conditioning for basketball and football are completely different. seriously have u ever played sports?

RoundMoundOfReb
There is an NFL player who was actually an olympic sprinter but his name escapes me atm. He was drafted last year iirc.

~primetime~
Like who? I don't doubt that they could be a valuable member of the track team... but to actually be a star? I'm not too sure. Especially at anything over 200 meters.

I'm not disputing there were more NFL players who did collegiate track vs. NBA. I'm just disputing that the NFL players were actually that good at track.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/231444-top-10-track-athletes-that-excelled-in-the-nfl

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 04:13 PM
notice how just college basketball players go to the nfl and dominate. that's what would happen.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 04:13 PM
I said Westbrook might make it in the list somewhere...

but for every Westbrook there are 10 Vernon Davis types in the NFL...

LOL Vernon Davis is a once in a life time athlete for a TE. There aren't 10 of him in the NFL. gtfo

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 04:14 PM
There is an NFL player who was actually an olympic sprinter but his name escapes me atm. He was drafted last year iirc.
jeff demps. played for florida in college

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:15 PM
conditioning for basketball and football are completely different. seriously have u ever played sports?
I played all sports...football, basketball, baseball, and soccer

and if you had you would know that football requires the most raw athleticism...size, speed, strength

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:16 PM
LOL Vernon Davis is a once in a life time athlete for a TE. There aren't 10 of him in the NFL. gtfo
there are more similar to him in the NFL than the NBA...lots more with just raw athleticism like that

TheMagicMan
05-12-2014, 04:18 PM
WHat about NHL gaiz

~primetime~
http://cdn.bloguin.com/crystalballrun/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2012/01/RGIII-Track.jpg

RG3 was a track star at Baylor...and there are lots of less popular players in the NFL that were also

RoundMoundOfReb
there are more similar to him in the NFL than the NBA...lots more with just raw athleticism like that
Define "lots" and name names. Players more athletic than Vernon Davis: Megatron, AP, Julio Jones?, Clowney maybe?, Jimmy Graham maybe? Stop acting like players like Vernon Davis are common in the NFL.

Rose'sACL
05-12-2014, 04:21 PM
NFL shits on the NBA.

I love basketball, but the biggest story of this playoffs is Donald Sterling.

Maybe if they had a shorter season and regular season games meant more, it would be more popular.....that and parity.

Same teams wining over and over and over and over and over and over again gets boring.
Football and basketball are very different and unless big stars are free agents every couple of years, this would not change because one player can influence a basketball game way more as compared to football.
Same people who bitch about free agents leaving and parity should ask for shorter contracts so that if players decline very fast or get injured, team doesn't have to carry their contract for 3/4/5 years.
Till Player's Association(NPAA) run this league contract wise(guaranteed money), there is no hope for parity even if they reduce the number of teams to 26.
and even if this all happens, it would still have 5-6 teams that would not win a title in decades like it happens in every sport.
One thing that i like about NBA is that playoffs are never about luck as much as NFL thanks to 7 game format. People who like 1 game elimination format are just hoping for less deserving team to go hot because they are not worth much in their own life.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2014, 04:21 PM
jeff demps. played for florida in college
Marquise Goodwin was the name I was thinking of.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 04:22 PM
http://cdn.bloguin.com/crystalballrun/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2012/01/RGIII-Track.jpg

RG3 was a track star at Baylor...and there are lots of less popular players in the NFL that were also

RG3 is nowhere near the athlete at track compared to Jeremy Wariner though, standing next to him in that pic.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Define "lots" and name names. Players more athletic than Vernon Davis: Megatron, AP, Julio Jones?, Clowney maybe?, Jimmy Graham maybe? Stop acting like players like Vernon Davis are common in the NFL.
sigh, okay Vernon is exceptionally athletic, lol good lord

Mario Williams was more of a freak than Clowney...lots of OLB and DEs would be up there

Patrick Peterson is a freak...there are just so many

Rubio2Gasol
05-12-2014, 04:24 PM
People missing the point. Basketball is about having tangible skills as well as great athleticism. Handegg is more about the willingness to take braindamage, than having a skill.

El Gato Negro
05-12-2014, 04:58 PM
nfl athletes are better than nba's. hell the nfl has 300 pound dt's that can out run nba players.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 04:59 PM
nfl athletes are better than nba's. hell the nfl has 300 pound dt's that can out run nba players.

no

El Gato Negro
05-12-2014, 05:02 PM

no
sorry to burst your bubble but ya.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Yes, a fat ass 300lb tackle is gonna outrun Chandler Parsons, Tony Parker or Russell Westbrook. Are you retarded? :wtf:

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 05:05 PM
No they don't you stupid fvck.

JellyBean
05-12-2014, 05:05 PM
I heard about this Friday on one of the sports radio stations. The NFL is huge, it was going to happen. I am not worried. I still love my basketball. When I was younger, I liked the NFL. Now...I do not even like the NFL. Too much hype.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Yes, a fat ass 300lb tackle is gonna outrun Chandler Parsons, Tony Parker or Russell Westbrook. Are you retarded? :wtf:
there are a few...Mario Williams is 292 lbs and ran a 4.6...I bet he is faster than the majority of the NBA...he is a rare exception though

there are lots in the 250 lb range with exceptional speed...300 is really big though, it's hard to be 300 without some fat weight

HEAT111
05-12-2014, 05:15 PM
I HATE THE NFL! I hope the NBA does rise to top. You can't compare Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals to one of the worse NFL Superbowls of all time.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 05:17 PM
there are a few...Mario Williams is 292 lbs and ran a 4.6...I bet he is faster than the majority of the NBA...he is a rare exception though

there are lots in the 250 lb range with exceptional speed...300 is really big though, it's hard to be 300 without some fat weight

Over 40yds maybe. The 300lb tackle wouldn't stand a chance against any NBA player not named Big Baby over 100 yards/meters or more.

moe94
05-12-2014, 05:22 PM
:rolleyes:

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Over 40yds maybe. The 300lb tackle wouldn't stand a chance against any NBA player not named Big Baby over 100 yards/meters or more.
yes, on average NBA players would be better than tackles at long distance obviously...

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 05:25 PM
yes, on average NBA players would be better than tackles at long distance obviously...

100m is not long distance. In fact it is the shortest distance. Track and field is fcuking known as "Athletics" in some countries and is a true test of athleticism (for example the decathlon). You can't say "NFL players are more athletic" and then state that a tackle would outrun an NBA player over 40yds. That's like saying NBA players are better athletes because Tayshaun Prince is/was better at chasedown blocks than 99% of the NFL...

100m is a sprint................

dude77
05-12-2014, 05:26 PM
football os for insecure tuff white americans who are closet homosexuals. thats why they love full body contact sports with dudes in tightss

lets be real .. the nba is just as homosexual .. any of these close contact sports are .. now those tight nfl pants sure add a little extra though :lol

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 05:28 PM
100m is not long distance. In fact it is the shortest distance. You can't make a claim like "NFL players are better athletes" and then make a statement like that. Track and field is fcuking known as "Athletics" in some countries. 100m is a sprint................
you're right I wasn't paying attention...I just assumed "not-40" well you must be talkin long distance

I bet a few heavy guys like Mario Williams would beat most NBA players at the 100m

and I bet the vast majority of WRs, CBs, and RBs would beat the NBA at 100m

El Gato Negro
05-12-2014, 05:30 PM
100m is not long distance. In fact it is the shortest distance. You can't make a claim like "NFL players are better athletes" and then make a statement like that. Track and field is fcuking known as "Athletics" in some countries and is a true test of athleticism (for example the decathlon). You can't say "NFL players are more athletic" (I know it was the other guy but still) and then state that a tackle would outrun an NBA player over 40yds. That's like saying NBA players are better athletes because Tayshaun Prince is/was better at chasedown blocks than 99% of the NFL...

100m is a sprint................
dt's in this past draft that were 300 pounds were running 4.9 40s. so yes they wont outrun the fastest nba players but the can and will outrun nba players. i imagine the fast nba players would be doing 4.5 40s

dude77
05-12-2014, 05:35 PM
yes .. some people are a little misinformed about nfl players .. some of those big fkrs are fast af .. and they will outrun some nba players

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 05:37 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/article-assets/Story-Photos/2013-july/mario-williams-7-20-story.jpg

Mario WIlliams^^^ 6'6"...292 lbs...4.66 40 time...he is faster than most NBA players

you just don't see many athletic specimens like that in the NBA...

http://img2.timg.co.il/forums/1_162042168.jpg

^^^ that's Reggie Bush and he isn't even a "big guy" in the NFL...he is just 200 lbs

NFL vs. NBA are just 2 different body types, one is lean the other is strong

aj1987
05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Mario WIlliams^^^ 6'6"...292 lbs...4.66 40 time...he is faster than most NBA players

^^^ that's Reggie Bush and he isn't even a "big guy" in the NFL...he is just 200 lbs

You're forgetting one thing. NBA teams play ~95 games on average. They don't take 5 minute breaks for every minute of play either.

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 05:47 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/article-assets/Story-Photos/2013-july/mario-williams-7-20-story.jpg

http://img2.timg.co.il/forums/1_162042168.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lg2h0zVik8s/TZ-3ctC6bQI/AAAAAAAAAMI/BUNDJPp1KMU/s1600/marcin-gortat.jpg

Is it body types or training? Plus I haven't seen anyone like Pekovic, Gortat, Shaq, DeAndre Jordan, etc in the NFL

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Is it body types or training? Plus I haven't seen anyone like Pekovic, Gortat, Shaq, DeAndre Jordan, etc in the NFL
it's more body type imo

Shaq is in a freak league of his own though...he is just Shaq

I'm sure Shaq could have found a good place in the NFL, Bron too obviously...probably Dwight and Griffin and few others...but there is just much MORE of that in the NFL

knicksman
05-12-2014, 05:56 PM
well thats expected from having a beta as the face of the league

dude77
05-12-2014, 05:58 PM
it's more body type imo

I'm sure Shaq could have found a good place in the NFL, Bron too obviously...probably Dwight and Griffin and few others...but there is just much MORE of that in the NFL

you shouldn't be 'sure' of that .. I don't know why people keep parroting this .. being a 'great athlete' doesn't guarantee you will be good at a sport .. many 'great athletes' have been totally busts in the nfl

L.Kizzle
05-12-2014, 06:00 PM
This was the most hyped draft ever.

It was also on the same sister stations, with the Draft on the main station and the NBA Playoffs on ESPN2. When LeBron and Miami are on ESPN2, you know what's up.

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 06:01 PM
you shouldn't be 'sure' of that .. I don't know why people keep parroting this .. being a 'great athlete' doesn't guarantee you will be good at a sport .. many 'great athletes' have been totally busts in the nfl
I'm pretty fckin 'sure' Shaq could have found a place in the NFL...he was just too fckin big

but maybe it isn't a given...that 7'0" height might be a disadvantage in some ways

oarabbus
05-12-2014, 06:01 PM
it's more body type imo

OK I see what you're getting at. I think it ultimately comes down to how you define athleticism. We seem to be talking about the explosive brute force type of athleticism, in which case you're right. But, if you were to categorically say soccer players (or swimmers) are way less athletic than NBA or NFL players... well are they really? OR is it a different type of athletic? If you know what I mean.

Also, I still think Bron is the most athletic of everyone out of the NFL/NBA, but as you said he is a one of a kind freak.

dude77
05-12-2014, 06:02 PM
well thats expected from having a beta as the face of the league

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/1363863597925139587.GIF

dude77
05-12-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty fckin 'sure' Shaq could have found a place in the NFL...he was just too fckin big

but maybe it isn't a given...that 7'0" height might be a disadvantage in some ways

:facepalm .. you're not listening .. it takes much more than just being athletic to make it in the nfl .. much more .. like I just told you, great athletes don't make it in the nfl all the time .. all the time .. so you shouldn't be 'sure' of anything .. you're underestimating and quite frankly trivializing what it takes to be an nfl player .. being 'athletic' is just a bare fkn minimum requirement

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 06:08 PM
OK I see what you're getting at. I think it ultimately comes down to how you define athleticism. We seem to be talking about the explosive brute force type of athleticism, in which case you're right. But, if you were to categorically say soccer players (or swimmers) are way less athletic than NBA or NFL players... well are they really? OR is it a different type of athletic? If you know what I mean.

Also, I still think Bron is the most athletic of everyone out of the NFL/NBA, but as you said he is a one of a kind freak.
yep "athletic" is completely subjective....Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Michael Phelps, etc could be top-10 athletes to Sports Illustrated

for me it is pretty much a combo of size, speed, and agility...

~primetime~
05-12-2014, 06:10 PM
:facepalm .. you're not listening .. it takes much more than just being athletic to make it in the nfl .. much more .. like I just told you, great athletes don't make it in the nfl all the time .. all the time .. so you shouldn't be 'sure' of anything .. you're underestimating and quite frankly trivializing what it takes to be an nfl player .. being 'athletic' is just a bare fkn minimum requirement
the only thing I said I was 'sure' about was Shaq :confusedshrug:

I never argued what you're saying

dude77
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3135229/johnnyDOLLARS_medium.gif

Manziel=Ratings

this kid is a cocky bastard .. very sure of himself .. did that same gesture when he walked out after being drafted .. I hope he really is the real deal .. it'll be fun to watch

dude77
05-12-2014, 06:12 PM
the only thing I said I was 'sure' about was Shaq :confusedshrug:

I never argued what you're saying

oh ok .. got ya