PDA

View Full Version : What if Shaq stayed with the Magic?

SpecialQue
05-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Considering how weak the east got after Jordan and how loaded the west was, what do you think? Would they have stayed contending?

MavsSuperFan
05-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Considering how weak the east got after Jordan and how loaded the west was, what do you think? Would they have stayed contending?
Jameer would not feel so insecure in regards to the lakers

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 02:26 PM
No shit. They win at least once or twice.

Andrei89
05-12-2014, 02:29 PM
They three peat at some point. Shaq is the most dominant big man ever.

Sarcastic
05-12-2014, 02:34 PM
It's pretty sad when you think about it. Shaq would have stayed if they just paid him what he wanted. But the ownership was too cheap.

Le Shaqtus
05-12-2014, 02:41 PM
It's pretty sad when you think about it. Shaq would have stayed if they just paid him what he wanted. But the ownership was too cheap.

You're telling me :facepalm

Marchesk
05-12-2014, 02:47 PM

Uh, I don't think that was it. Shaq wanted out of Orlando. He was interested in making movies and albums. And he didn't want to be the sole spotlight. I recall him saying that Orlando was like living in a fishbowl. Also, I suspect he might have gotten a little jealous of the praise Hardaway was getting.

uber
05-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Shaq needed PJax to push him and make him a real champion. So no, he wouldn't have won anything if he stayed with orlando.

BoNafidde
05-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Penny was a guard on the rise. He wanted to be the highest paid player and felt he should have bigger contract than shaq. He told owner ship he didnt want shaq getting paid more than him

:roll: :roll: at penny thinking he was better

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 02:58 PM
that wasn't the reason dumb f*ck. shut the **** up.

305Baller
05-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Probably would have won a title. Maybe 2. Depends on pennys health.

Sarcastic
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
that wasn't the reason dumb f*ck. shut the **** up.

The Magic only offered $115 million. The Lakers gave him $121 million. If Devos wasn't such a cheap ass, your team would probably have a few titles. Instead the Magic are the Triple A affiliate for the Lakers.

How do you think Oladipo will look in purple n gold btw?

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 04:00 PM
The Magic only offered $115 million. The Lakers gave him $121 million. If Devos wasn't such a cheap ass, your team would probably have a few titles. Instead the Magic are the Triple A affiliate for the Lakers.

He would make more in Orlando because of the state tax you stupid mother****er. He wanted to be in the spotlight. Devos is one of the biggest spending owners in the NBA jackass. How does being the fan of a shitty team with no draft pick feel?

Droid101
05-12-2014, 04:02 PM

Kid doesn't even know his own team's history.

Although, I guess that's tough, he wasn't born when that stuff went down.

TheMarkMadsen
05-12-2014, 04:03 PM
No rings

Who joins him in Orlando that's better than penny

Shaq isn't beating 99-02 Duncan led teams in the finals without a superstar beside him.

T_L_P
05-12-2014, 04:10 PM
If he played there his whole career, probably one ring
Kobe wins two or three in the later 2000s
Duncan is sitting on six right now

JUDGE WITNESS
05-12-2014, 04:13 PM
cant escape fate and the magic were destined to be the lakers d-league affiliate

rzp
05-12-2014, 04:58 PM
No rings

Shaq isn't beating 99-02 Duncan led teams in the finals without a superstar beside him.

Or a great team, with great role players and a great coach, just like TD teams.

im sick of this "need superstar" BS, like having Kobe on your team is anything better than having Tony Parker and Ginobili together

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Yep, and jameer would be a better person! Its sad hes 16 years old, on this forum 24/7 and even his ALT accounts have 1000+ posts when a teenager is supposed to go outside, socialize and grow up as a person but nope he doesnt have friends so he goes on here pissed off at the world and laker fans....its ok jameer :cheers:

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Yep, and jameer would be a better person! Its sad hes 16 years old, on this forum 24/7 and even his ALT accounts have 1000+ posts when a teenager is supposed to go outside, socialize and grow up as a person but nope he doesnt have friends so he goes on here pissed off at the world and laker fans....its ok jameer :cheers:
How's it going midget?

T_L_P
05-12-2014, 05:06 PM

im sick of this "need superstar" BS, like having Kobe on your team is anything better than having Tony Parker and Ginobili together

91-93 Bulls: Jordan, Scottie
94 Rockets: Hakeem
95 Rockets: Hakeem, Drexler
96-98 Bulls: Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
99 Spurs: Duncan, Robinson
00-03 Lakers: Shaq, Kobe
03 Spurs: Duncan
04 Pistons: collection
05 Spurs: Duncan, Manu
06 Heat: Wade, Shaq
07 Spurs: Duncan, Parker
08 Celtics: collection
09-10 Lakers: Kobe, Gasol
11 Mavericks: Dirk
12-13 Heat: LeBron, Wade, Bosh

You see the difference? Having a star like Kobe leads to a lot more success. Also, Parker was not a star from 02-06. Ginobili had mediocre years too. They were never really great together at any time from 03-07/08.

Star power trumps all.

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
How's it going midget?
You cant call someone a midget whos taller than you, if your not taller than 5'10" then stfu seriously, oh wait, you must be 6'5" because your calling me midget? fvkcing idiot

If your taller than 5'10" ill stfu but I know your not

Seriously jameer your funny, your shorter than me calling me a midget LMAO !!!!!!!!!

TheMarkMadsen
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM

im sick of this "need superstar" BS

Shaq had great teams, he had a first team all nba guard, along with Horace grant, nick Anderson and some great shooters

Shaq had a Lakers team with Elden Campbell & 2 all star guards and never got it done.

Give Duncan the 97 & 98 Lakers and they most likely make the finals

Shaq never won a finals game without a top 5 shooting guard of all time.

He needed the clutch play of two of the goats to win rings

WCF game 7, prime Shaq gets out scored, out rebounded , out assisted by Kobe Kobe also had more blocks..

Shaq had a teammate in Kobe who led the entire NBA in playoff 4th quarter scoring for 2/3 years of the 3peat.

Wade was an excellent closer as well.

Shaq needed a superstar, especially a guy who closes out games.

I mean ffs, prime Shaq wasn't even wanting to take the last shot over an 18 year old

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 05:09 PM
You cant call someone a midget whos taller than you, if your not taller than 5'10" then stfu seriously, oh wait, you must be 6'5" because your calling me midget? fvkcing idiot

If your taller than 5'10" ill stfu but I know your not

Seriously jameer your funny, your shorter than me calling me a midget LMAO !!!!!!!!!
Quiet midget. You'll wake up the fat f*ck whale (your wife) that's sitting next to you.

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Quiet midget. You'll wake up the fat f*ck whale (your wife) that's sitting next to you.
How tall are you? If you dont answer than your shorter than 5'10" :roll: :roll: that joke doesn't work for you young'n try again

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 05:11 PM
5'11 and still growing midget. Suck my dick boy :oldlol:

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:14 PM
5'11 and still growing midget. Suck my dick boy :oldlol:
hahahahaaahahah sure buddy........hahahahahahah Im done with you, that crack must have fvcked your head, I honestly feel bad for you jameer, no friends, no parents, no friends on here....damn you must be depressed all the time? Its ok jameer

TheMarkMadsen
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
How are these 2 not banned yet?

They derail every thread they are in.

But I guess it doesn't matter since Jammer would just hop on his alt accounts thatcoolkid, railgun, and the other stupid friends he creates for himself.

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
hahahahaaahahah sure buddy........hahahahahahah Im done with you, that crack must have fvcked your head, I honestly feel bad for you jameer, no friends, no parents, no friends on here....damn you must be depressed all the time? Its ok jameer
So mentally weak :oldlol: I verbally raped you again

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:17 PM
How are these 2 not banned yet?

They derail every thread they are in.

But I guess it doesn't matter since Jammer would just hop on his alt accounts thatcoolkid, railgun, and the other stupid friends he creates for himself.
I dont do anything, he attacks me :roll: hes immature forgive him, hes a crack baby

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:17 PM
So mentally weak :oldlol: I verbally raped you again
You didn't rape anybody jameer :facepalm :facepalm damn your brain must be fried, your brain must have holes like spongebob? :roll:

#prayforjameer #seekhelp

Jameerthefear
05-12-2014, 05:18 PM
I dont do anything, he attacks me :roll: hes immature forgive him, hes a crack baby

dumb fvck.

20Four
05-12-2014, 05:22 PM
dumb fvck.
Your the dumbfvck whos here 24/7, do you even go to school? Or is school too much to handle for your fried brain? Tell your parents to stop smoking that crack, not good for them

Total Posts: 21,585 (20.08 posts per day) Damn son you post 20 times a day? No life mofo haha

mark henson 123
05-12-2014, 06:15 PM
If he played there his whole career, probably one ring
Kobe wins two or three in the later 2000s
Duncan is sitting on six right now

he has four rings

are you a troll

this year he gets number 5!:biggums:

T_L_P
05-12-2014, 06:18 PM
he has four rings

are you a troll

this year he gets number 5!:biggums:

I'm talking about if Shaq stayed with the Magic. I see him winning it in '01 and '02, even with that cast he had. Who's stopping him? Kobe's not even really in the picture, and Shaq hasn't couldn't do shit without another top 5 player.

Soundwave
05-12-2014, 06:56 PM
IMO they probably win the title in 1999.

Maybe Penny Hardaway doesn't get hurt in the same way either. Lots of variables would've been different.

Even if he did, lots of other players would've signed in Orlando to be the no.2 option.

T_L_P
05-12-2014, 07:06 PM
IMO they probably win the title in 1999.

Maybe Penny Hardaway doesn't get hurt in the same way either. Lots of variables would've been different.

Even if he did, lots of other players would've signed in Orlando to be the no.2 option.

99? The Spurs weren't being stopped that year. They swept Shaq's Lakers. Would the 99 Magic with Shaq have been that much better?

Fallen Angel
03-19-2016, 12:26 PM
i c u

IllegalD
03-19-2016, 02:24 PM
If Shaq had stayed with the Magic then Jameerthequeer wouldn't be such an insecure, reclusive f*ckboy and would be humping real girls instead of his anime waifu pillow.

And the Magic wouldn't be the official minor-league farm team for the Lakers.

Old Man River
03-19-2016, 02:39 PM
no rings

feyki
03-19-2016, 02:44 PM
He would got 4-5 rings with Duncan and T-Mac .

Nilocon165
03-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Kobe wouldn't NEARLY be as great of a player he is today

feyki
03-19-2016, 02:57 PM

He would on the Moses Malone Status .

Cali Syndicate
03-19-2016, 02:59 PM
No rings

Why not? Very possible a different outcome had Ewing been healthy during the 99 finals. And that's with a 36 year old Ewing. Shaq was a dominant force from day one. The triangle may have maximized his abilities but he was well on his way as the mde one way or the other. And penny was an amazing guard, 1st option superstar player. Grant and Anderson solid role players. Magic would have won at least one ship, at least.

TheMarkMadsen
03-19-2016, 02:59 PM

and Shaq would only have one ring as a sidekick to Wade

Cali Syndicate
03-19-2016, 03:02 PM
He would got 4-5 rings with Duncan and T-Mac .

Orlando won't receive those high lottery picks with Shaq as their franchise player let alone with both him and penny.

Nilocon165
03-19-2016, 03:02 PM
and Shaq would only have one ring as a sidekick to Wade
He would still be better than Kobe all time

TheMarkMadsen
03-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Why not? Very possible a different outcome had Ewing been healthy during the 99 finals. And that's with a 36 year old Ewing. Shaq was a dominant force from day one. The triangle may have maximized his abilities but he was well on his way as the mde one way or the other. And penny was an amazing guard, 1st option superstar player. Grant and Anderson solid role players. Magic would have won at least one ship, at least.

Are you saying that they could have beat the Spurs in 99? If you are, I disagree.

Shaq got swept by the Spurs in 99 and he had a good team beside him. By 99 Penny was basically done, so those hypothetical 99 Magic wouldn't have been any better than those Lakers. If he can't beat the Spurs with Kobe dropping 21/7/4 then he isn't going to beat them with washed up Penny Hardaway beside him.

Spurs always kept Shaq in check, they guarded him well and usually held him to slightly below his averages. Shaq wasn't able to beat the Spurs until Kobe became an elite, top 5 player in the league (01 & on). It's not like Shaq was playing with scrubs either, he had really good teams and just couldn't beat the Spurs.

Shaq got swept every year in the playoffs from 95 until 00.

Nilocon165
03-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Are you saying that they could have beat the Spurs in 99? If you are, I disagree.

Shaq got swept by the Spurs in 99 and he had a good team beside him. By 99 Penny was basically done, so those hypothetical 99 Magic wouldn't have been any better than those Lakers. If he can't beat the Spurs with Kobe dropping 21/7/4 then he isn't going to beat them with washed up Penny Hardaway beside him.

Spurs always kept Shaq in check, they guarded him well and usually held him to slightly below his averages. Shaq wasn't able to beat the Spurs until Kobe became an elite, top 5 player in the league (01 & on). It's not like Shaq was playing with scrubs either, he had really good teams and just couldn't beat the Spurs.

He would still be better than Kobe all time

JT123
03-19-2016, 03:09 PM

Maybe Shaq wouldn't have been swept if Kobe wasn't shooting airballs in the playoffs every year. :lol

NBAplayoffs2001
03-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Is Penny healthy for at least 10 years?

If so, this team was brimming with a ton of young talent. The team was was too young in 1995 to win it all. It was kind of like OKC in 2012, very talented young team who just seemed to early to really be champions.

Prediction post MJ because honestly speaking, no team in the late 1990s could beat this team in the post-season. The East although started to get a lot weaker noticeably by the mid 1990s.

I think they win possibly 1 or 2 of the next 3 finals in 1999-2001 against what I think the Spurs would have made all 3 finals from the Western Conference. 2002 vs Kings - This would have been really interesting because I always felt Orlando had a ton of young talent that were a lot better in the playoffs than a lot of the bums on the Lakers bench back then. They could maybe win 1 here. 2003 vs. Spurs - I think they win, this Spurs team dropped 2 games to a very mediocre Eastern Nets team. 2004, at this point they are burnt out and would probably lose against the Pistons.

Reasonably I think he could have won 4 with them if he stayed with them. IT would have been 3-4 championships in 5-6 years I think. Shaq was that good and Penny would have been a Magic Johnson - lite if he stayed healthy. This team had a lot of great spot up shooters in Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott. They would have probably picked up a star in the early 2000s in the free agency too.

Ranked 12th
03-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Maybe Shaq wouldn't have been swept if Kobe wasn't shooting airballs in the playoffs every year. :lol
:roll: :roll:

Cali Syndicate
03-19-2016, 03:47 PM

Hypothetically speaking, this is all assuming penny stays healthy. Without penny, magic has no chance as a contender. In 00, magic wouldn't even see the Spurs since the Spurs were bounced in the first round. So there's the at least 1...and this is with a healthy penny.

In the scenario penny stills busts his knee, the magic would still get a second run as a contender if McGrady still finds his way to the team in 01. Very possible shaq doesn't become complacent with his work ethic either, like he did as a laker after their 2 peat.

And I'm not saying the Knicks would win with Ewing but I'm not saying they that they couldn't have a much better chance.

Hypotheticals are fun.

Cali Syndicate
03-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Is Penny healthy for at least 10 years?

If so, this team was brimming with a ton of young talent. The team was was too young in 1995 to win it all. It was kind of like OKC in 2012, very talented young team who just seemed to early to really be champions.

Prediction post MJ because honestly speaking, no team in the late 1990s could beat this team in the post-season. The East although started to get a lot weaker noticeably by the mid 1990s.

I think they win possibly 1 or 2 of the next 3 finals in 1999-2001 against what I think the Spurs would have made all 3 finals from the Western Conference. 2002 vs Kings - This would have been really interesting because I always felt Orlando had a ton of young talent that were a lot better in the playoffs than a lot of the bums on the Lakers bench back then. They could maybe win 1 here. 2003 vs. Spurs - I think they win, this Spurs team dropped 2 games to a very mediocre Eastern Nets team. 2004, at this point they are burnt out and would probably lose against the Pistons.

Reasonably I think he could have won 4 with them if he stayed with them. IT would have been 3-4 championships in 5-6 years I think. Shaq was that good and Penny would have been a Magic Johnson - lite if he stayed healthy. This team had a lot of great spot up shooters in Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott. They would have probably picked up a star in the early 2000s in the free agency too.

I never quite understood this comparison, they played nothing alike. Outside of the height for the position and some fancy passes here and there from Penny, they had nothing really in common.Penny was more of a pass first Mcgrady. He was basically a combo guard that really understood the PG roles.

Dragonyeuw
03-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Would have been interesting to think about. Assuming Penny still gets injured, what would have been the makeup of the team around Shaq? It's safe to assume the Magic would have landed another marquee player who wanted to play with Shaq, even prior to 2000 when Hill and Tmac go there. But you'd have to figure a Magic team led by Shaq and at least one other really good/great talent would have dominated the late 90's/early 2000's Eastern conference. Of course that would have reshaped the Western conference as well. Teams like Portland, Sacramento, and the Spurs would have been in the finals between 2000 and 2002 instead of LA.

Dragonyeuw
03-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Hypothetically speaking, this is all assuming penny stays healthy.

In this scenario, who's to say the Magic don't beat the Bulls in 98 with Shaq and Penny both coming into their primes? I think they'd have a great shot at it, bearing in mind that the Pacers took that team to the limit and I think the Magic would have posed a greater threat.

Cali Syndicate
03-19-2016, 04:15 PM
In this scenario, who's to say the Magic don't beat the Bulls in 98 with Shaq and Penny both coming into their primes? I think they'd have a great shot at it, bearing in mind that the Pacers took that team to the limit and I think the Magic would have posed a greater threat.

I agree

Labissiere
03-19-2016, 05:06 PM
They would have competed but struggled to without Phil to show Shaquille the way.

LongLiveTheKing
03-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Kobe wouldn't have any rings

Cali Syndicate
03-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Kobe wouldn't have any rings

But he won 2 without him?:confusedshrug:

NBAplayoffs2001
03-19-2016, 06:50 PM
I never quite understood this comparison, they played nothing alike. Outside of the height for the position and some fancy passes here and there from Penny, they had nothing really in common.Penny was more of a pass first Mcgrady. He was basically a combo guard that really understood the PG roles.

Better comparison, I agree. Pass first McGrady is a far better comparison.