05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Just the truth.

JohnFreeman
05-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Give me LeBron and the 86 Celtics

Smook A.
05-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Give me LeBron and the 86 Celtics
LeBron would honestly cry if he had to face the bad boy Pistons in the playoffs.

JohnFreeman
05-12-2014, 11:16 PM
LeBron would honestly cry if he had to face the bad boy Pistons in the playoffs.
All the legends say he would transcend eras. I will take their opinion.

kennethgriffin
05-12-2014, 11:17 PM
well bird won rings on a stacked team just like lebron

he has 2 finals mvps just like lebron

only difference is 1 more ring for bird and 1 more espn mvp for lebron

i'd say bird is as good a passer. better shooter. more skilled. better rebounder

lebrons more athletic.

i dunno.. i guess its a toss up. but todays competiton does pretty much suck balls... atleast bird had magic in the league and a stacked lakers team to rival with

i dunno man... i think bird still got public majority opinion on his side...

i have the 1st tier being mj/kareem/russell

i have bird/wilt/magic/kobe in the 2nd tier

then shaq/duncan in the next tier

then its lebron/hakeem

then oscar/west/baylor etc...

i think lebron needs to worry about shaq and duncan first

Kvnzhangyay
05-12-2014, 11:20 PM

i'd say bird is as good a passer. better shooter. more skilled. better rebounder

lebrons more athletic.

i dunno.. i guess its a toss up. but todays competiton does pretty much suck balls... atleast bird had magic in the league and a stacked lakers team to rival with

then its lebron/hakeem

Only on this board :lol

Mr. Jabbar
05-12-2014, 11:21 PM
no1 is giving u shit at any point fakkit

robert_shaww
05-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Just the truth.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4044933/trying-not-to-laugh-o.gif

Black and White
05-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Jameer hasn't even watched Birds youtube highlights yet, you usually watch at least 2 mins of footage before you say this stuff.

Kvnzhangyay
05-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Jameer hasn't even watched Birds youtube highlights yet, you usually watch at least 2 mins of footage before you say this stuff.

... have you seen Lebron highlights? Highlights don't tell anything, sorry. Most people that watched both play say Brans better

kennethgriffin
Only on this board :lol

na.. lebrons good but he does have a name like larry bird yet. itel be hard for him to overtake him. its not just about credentials ... i mean look at kobe. hes won 2 more rings than bird and people still act like he needs 1-2 more to touch bird.

these guys like jordan, magic, bird might have 6/5/3 rings... but the names these guys have make it seem like jordan has 20 rings/ magic 15/ bird 10 etc... you know what i mean?

lebron has no shot at passing bird without a few more titles

fragokota
Not quite yet

Nuff Said
05-12-2014, 11:25 PM

lebrons more athletic.

then its lebron/hakeem

Lebron has Kevin durant just like bird had magic. KD is an all time great already at the age of 25 and the thunder are a good team as well. You can't say lebron hasn't proven himself yet going against thunder and the spurs for championships. Those teams are not slouches.

Kvnzhangyay
na.. lebrons good but he does have a name like larry bird yet. itel be hard for him to overtake him. its not just about credentials ... i mean look at kobe. hes won 2 more rings than bird and people still act like he needs 1-2 more to touch bird.

these guys like jordan, magic, bird might have 6/5/3 rings... but the names these guys have make it seem like jordan has 20 rings/ magic 15/ bird 10 etc... you know what i mean?

I would say Bird's career is still 1 title and MAYBE one MVP ahead of Bran atm

If Bron wins this year its pretty much a tossup for career

JohnFreeman
Lebron has Kevin durant just like bird had magic. KD is an all time great already at the age of 25 and the thunder are a good team as well. You can't say lebron hasn't proven himself yet going against thunder and the spurs for championships. Those teams are not slouches.
:biggums:

Black and White
... have you seen Lebron highlights? Highlights don't tell anything, sorry. Most people that watched both play say Brans better

You don't have to watch highlights if he is still playing dumbass :facepalm

Kingwillball
05-12-2014, 11:26 PM

Lebron is already better than bird and will pass him in every possible stat..other than possibly championships and bird played on true stacked teams

Warfan
05-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Career wise it's still Bird ofcourse but as players, i wouldnt mind if u choose either, they're that close IMO.

YouGotServed
05-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Quality thread, 5*'d, will read again. :applause:

Kvnzhangyay
05-12-2014, 11:29 PM
You don't have to watch highlights if he is still playing dumbass :facepalm

Calling someone a dumbass when you don't even realize my point being that highlights can make anyone look amazing :coleman:

Leftimage
05-12-2014, 11:30 PM

Nah he would break their bones.

Boarder Patrol
05-12-2014, 11:31 PM
agree with OP

PsychoBe
Lebron is already better than bird and will pass him in every possible stat..other than possibly championships and bird played on true stacked teams

no he's not. bird was an infinitely better shooter, a better playmaker (and the master of the "touch-pass"), could finish inside and out, could post-up, there was literally nothing on the court that bird couldn't do.

not to mention bird saved the nba, won more rings, won 3-pt shooting contests, and you start to see the difference between an all-time great, and a legend.

Black and White
Calling someone a dumbass when you don't even realize my point being that highlights can make anyone look amazing :coleman:

You clearly didnt understand my point, I was mocking Jameer, because he usually makes these assumptions based on a youtube video.

Levity
05-12-2014, 11:34 PM

his point went right over your head, jackass.

finchyyy
05-12-2014, 11:37 PM
no he's not. bird was an infinitely better shooter, a better playmaker (and the master of the "touch-pass"), could finish inside and out, could post-up, there was literally nothing on the court that bird couldn't do.

not to mention bird saved the nba, won more rings, won 3-pt shooting contests, and you start to see the difference between an all-time great, and a legend.

I'm one of the bigger Bird homers on this forum and yes, he was amazing, but LeBron is a better ball-handler than Bird and a better defender than Bird. Don't get me wrong, Bird was underrated as a defender, and is one of the best help defenders in history but LeBron's all around defense trumps Bird's D. Both are on my all-time starting 5 though.

PsychoBe
05-12-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm one of the bigger Bird homers on this forum and yes, he was amazing, but LeBron is a better ball-handler than Bird and a better defender than Bird. Don't get me wrong, Bird was underrated as a defender, and is one of the best help defenders in history but LeBron's all around defense trumps Bird's D. Both are on my all-time starting 5 though.

we'd have to disagree on the defensive department. bird was a proficient post defender and man-defender (remember the play where jordan crossed him up and pulled up in his face? that was one of jordan's better moves in his prime and bird stuck with him) he also had more defensive versatility (had the size and wing-span to effectively guard pf's unlike bran) and i believe he was an underrated ball-handler too. he was very magic johnson-esque even during the time with the real thing.

he wasn't called larry legend just for show. his spot has been solidified already.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-12-2014, 11:47 PM
By the time Lebron retires, this won't even be a discussion. Easily the best SF ever.

greymatter
05-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Should hope everyone would take Lebron. Bird is 58 years old, fat, can't move, and has a bum back.

Kingwillball
05-12-2014, 11:53 PM

Lebron would dominate bird one on one and just could do more on the court.. Your a Lebron hater love Kobe but fact is Lebron when its said and done will pass both on all time lists.

Paul George 24
05-12-2014, 11:54 PM
lebron stans is so funny :roll:

Kingwillball
05-12-2014, 11:54 PM
By the time Lebron retires, this won't even be a discussion. Easily the best SF ever.

Without question. Lebron, bird, oscar

sd3035
05-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Well, Larry is 57 now

PsychoBe
05-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Lebron would dominate bird one on one and just could do more on the court.. Your a Lebron hater love Kobe but fact is Lebron when its said and done will pass both on all time lists.

what more could bran do than bird? brick more jumpers? take less three's and drive to the hole every other possession?

larry could literally do everything. he averaged 10 boards for his career too.

and he saved the nba. like i said there's a difference between an all-time great in bran, and a legend like bird.

the only true legends in nba lore that people talk about on a daily basis are magic/bird/jordan.

kobe is more of a "modern legend" but as it is you can't possibly say that bran has passed him up either when you look at their careers as a whole.

imdaman99
05-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Well, yeah I'd rather have a 30 yr old than a 57 yr old too :facepalm

HoopsFanNumero1
05-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Kobe fan talking about bricking jumpers :lol

sportjames23
05-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Just the truth.

At this point?

Dude, you've been on Lebron's nuts way before this point, so give it up. :facepalm

Railgun >>>>>>>>>>> Jameer

nathanjizzle
05-13-2014, 12:22 AM
youre 12, bird was already retired before you were even born.

305Baller
05-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Heh. the replies taking "at this point"literally is actually pretty funny.

:oldlol:

pauk
05-13-2014, 01:09 AM

You would then kindof expect that at least freakin bad boy pistons would say something similar aswell about Lebron playing in the 80s... instead they say the opposite, that he would do even better... hell, even the baddest bad boy Laimbeer said that Lebron would be the best player in the 80s... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1J8SOqAmnA

20Four
05-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Just the truth that I'm gay.
Fixed for accuracy fakkit fvck

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2014, 01:21 AM
mirza takes brans lunch money every time they meet, imagine what the bad boy pistons would do to him

Keno
05-13-2014, 01:23 AM
i'm sorry but lebron has been the sf since he won his 4th mvp and 2nd ring. anything from that point on has been icing on the cake.

Keno
05-13-2014, 01:23 AM
mirza takes brans lunch money every time they meet, imagine what the bad boy pistons would do to him

yet miami is up 3-1 in the series. "every time"

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2014, 01:30 AM
yet miami is up 3-1 in the series. "every time"

its the deron williams effect

sportjames23
05-13-2014, 01:33 AM
You would then kindof expect that at least freakin bad boy pistons would say something similar aswell about Lebron playing in the 80s... instead they say the opposite, that he would do even better... hell, even the baddest bad boy Laimbeer said that Lebron would be the best player in the 80s... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1J8SOqAmnA

Not like it ain't a shot a MJ or Bird, two of the players who hated the Pistons and the Pistons hated the most. Nope. Not at all. :facepalm

MagnumT/A
05-13-2014, 04:57 AM

I think he's hating on the players of his era a little bit. Plus he says Lebron is 6'8 280? I don't think Dwight Howard weighs that much. Not to say that LeBron wouldn't be awesome in the 80's.