PDA

View Full Version : NBPA says LeBron will lead a boycott for next season

DuMa
05-13-2014, 07:50 PM
If the Sterling matter is not resolved.

SportsCenterVerified account
‏@SportsCenter
NBAPA VP Roger Mason says LeBron James is prepared to lead a boycott of next season if Donald Sterling issue is not resolved.

Cant say I can see this happening for the guys who are being paid minimums and bench scrubs who need the exposure to get their next contract.

But if the superstars and stars boycott, the NBA stands to lose a lot viewership, money and sponsors.

Trollsmasher
05-13-2014, 07:52 PM
he is just trying to get an excuse to try NFL

IncarceratedBob
05-13-2014, 07:56 PM
All these minorities are gonna give up millions of dollars to make a stand against a cause that's 95% dead? Laughably stupid.

sd3035
05-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Hopefully only boring players like Lebron quit,then the league will be exciting

Solefade
05-13-2014, 08:00 PM
he is just trying to get an excuse to try NFL

:eek: :eek:

would love to see lebron and tom brady together for one year

sd3035
05-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Lebron would get killed in the NFL, he'd turbo flop his way back into his own endzone for a safety every time

NumberSix
05-13-2014, 08:15 PM
If the NBA does TRY to get rid of Sterling, but there's some court decision that they can't or that they can't right away, it wouldn't be fair for the players to do that.

That being said, if the player do strike, you gotta give them what they want.

Black and White
Finally, Vassilis Spanoulis can seize the opportunity and dominate the NBA when the stars are out.

JimmyMcAdocious
LeBron would come in on a 3rd down in the redzone for his first place, leap over everyone, and catch a touchdown. The crowd will celebrate, he will be called the greatest athlete of all time, and his teammates would carry him off the field.

On his next play he gets hit by Kam Chancellor on a crossing route and dies.

Straight_Ballin
05-13-2014, 08:16 PM
He should boycott flopping. Oh wait... he's a proponent of it.

Akrazotile
05-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Guess we'll be seeing an all-white version of "the replacements" in the NBA.

Should be interesting.

russwest0
05-13-2014, 08:19 PM
remember when lebron was going to be the players association president too?

turned out he only wanted attention on that matter as well.

QuebecBaller
05-13-2014, 08:19 PM
http://onegreatseason.com/storage/mug_lebrand2.jpg

jstern
05-13-2014, 08:21 PM
It would be interesting to see all the stars boycotting the league, just to see how the lesser players manage. Will new players be seem as stars due to the lower competition, etc.

coin24
05-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Somethings popular right now, NO NO TALK ABOUT ME...

During dunk comp excitement... SIGN ME UP FOR NEXT YEAR

During lockout... I WANT TO BE NBAPA PRESIDENT

Standard small d.ick attention whore behaviour:lol :facepalm

So what if an owners racist, dont play for his team then. But what a surprise, theyll all happily take his money wont they... Go buy some rims yo

Jameerthefear
05-13-2014, 08:28 PM
not everyone will boycot. i doubt lebron would either.

Akrazotile
05-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Im not a Lebron "hater" but it does seem lately like he tries to take stories that arent about him and somehow interject himself so that they are.

Lebronxrings
05-13-2014, 08:48 PM
what an alpha. Going up against the league, while wanting to lead his fellow nba players for his beliefs. Truly better than a crybaby mvp speech.

edrick
05-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Lebron would get killed in the NFL, he'd turbo flop his way back into his own endzone for a safety every time

Yeah, a 6'8 250 athletic dude would get "killed".

navy
05-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Im not a Lebron "hater" but it does seem lately like he tries to take stories that arent about him and somehow interject himself so that they are.
Not really. The media just post his opinion on every subject as a news story.

gts
05-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Just the NBPA's way of making sure the NBA acts in a timely manner. It'll never come to a boycott

Mr. Incredible
05-13-2014, 08:54 PM
At the end of the day, it's not going to happen.

russwest0
Somethings popular right now, NO NO TALK ABOUT ME...

During dunk comp excitement... SIGN ME UP FOR NEXT YEAR

During lockout... I WANT TO BE NBAPA PRESIDENT

Standard small d.ick attention whore behaviour:lol :facepalm

So what if an owners racist, dont play for his team then. But what a surprise, theyll all happily take his money wont they... Go buy some rims yo

this. good post. take my shitty rep.

sd3035
Yeah, a 6'8 250 athletic dude would get "killed".

just because someone is fairly large doesn't mean they aren't a pvssy

ILLsmak
05-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Just the NBPA's way of making sure the NBA acts in a timely manner. It'll never come to a boycott

lol well it is kinda funny about the clippers. "We held a player meeting and decided to play."

People talking about blocking out distractions, but if they really thought their owner was a racist and were disgusted by it, playing the game was stupid. They should have straight up not played then GSW would have not played and it would have been gg, but by being like yeah well... we gotta do our jobs... they made themselves look like dudes who are ok with standing up for a cause as long as they don't make any waves. WHAT WOULD MLK HAVE SAID?

-Smak

edrick
05-13-2014, 09:04 PM
just because someone is fairly large doesn't mean they aren't a pvssy

What makes him a *****, exactly? Your opinion, or do you have factual evidence?

tpols
05-13-2014, 09:07 PM
all talk. Typical bran.

gts
05-13-2014, 09:15 PM
lol well it is kinda funny about the clippers. "We held a player meeting and decided to play."

People talking about blocking out distractions, but if they really thought their owner was a racist and were disgusted by it, playing the game was stupid. They should have straight up not played then GSW would have not played and it would have been gg, but by being like yeah well... we gotta do our jobs... they made themselves look like dudes who are ok with standing up for a cause as long as they don't make any waves. WHAT WOULD MLK HAVE SAID?

-Smak

I think if the NBA had not banned him they (the Clippers) would have sat out the games.. These guys may not always be the smartest kids on the block but they are far from stupid.. They know these things don't happen overnight so as long as there's forward progress they'll be professionals and do what they do which is play ball. I don't care for the Clippers, never been a fan but I'm not going to bash them for playing ball.

Besides this is the post season, they get paid by the NBA out of the playoff pool.. Sterling's money is for the regular season, once the playoffs start they're officially the leagues problem. So technically they can justify playing because they're not taking is money...

NumberSix
05-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Except LeBron didn't even say anything. Roger Mason said it.

Derka
05-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Great. I'll believe it when I see it.

Threethrows
05-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Idiotic, but it's nice to have the best player in the league get involved in shit like this. Sets a good example.

This specific case doesn't need it though. People act like Sterling killed someone. He said something racist so lets pretend we don't hear shit like that all the time. Lets pretend like comedians don't make a living pointing out differences between blacks and whites.

You don't have to defend Sterling to see all of this is being blown way out of proportion. It's getting embarrassing that people think it's this big of a deal.

He's an old racist man. Big whoop we've known this for awhile. Everyone acting like it's such a problem now are being huge hypocrites. No one was hurt here. It's not like he's even saying a ton of racist shit.

DonDadda59
05-13-2014, 09:22 PM

Lebron... trying to attention whore and steal someone else's thunder? No way...

http://billidollarbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Who-Wore-The-Vivienne-Westwood-Mountain-Hat-Better-Lebron-James-vs.-Pharrell-Williams-3-790x464.jpg