PDA

View Full Version : Official anti-collusion thread

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 02:39 AM
Post here if you're against collusion and respect the integrity of the game :cheers:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Screen-shot-2010-07-10-at-6.06.44-AM-300x221.png

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/bosh-wade-lebron.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/23hopwy.jpg

NumberSix
05-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Signed.

I'm absolutely sick of the collusion between the refs and the Thunder.

JohnFreeman
05-14-2014, 02:41 AM
2013 Laker team even failed at collusion :lol

http://www.nbacircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Heat-vs-Lakers-2013-500x355.jpg

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 02:42 AM

40 year old Steve Nash/Kobe and Dwight Howard coming off back surgery doesn't count :no:

Mr. Jabbar
05-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Signed, and thread subscribed. OP consolidates his status as a well-respected member of this site. :cheers:

JohnFreeman
05-14-2014, 02:44 AM
http://posterizes.com/wp-content/uploads/Los-Angeles-Lakers-2012-2013-Dynasty-Wallpaper-1280x800.jpg

http://n9j.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/d12.jpg

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Signed, and thread subscribed. OP consolidates his status as a well-respected member of this site. :cheers:

Appreciate it, bro. Honestly, any self-respecting human being would support this thread (Heat fans automatically disqualified or else they wouldn't be Heat fans in the first place).

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Ive been patient. But ill ask u. When do u plan on updating ur dictionary? I clicked my subscribed threads but im still waiting to learn.

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 02:48 AM
All Celtics and Lakers fans cannot be against collusion though. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Nice try though OP. Laker fan talking about collusion = :kobe: :yaohappy:

ThePhantomCreep
05-14-2014, 02:48 AM
40 year old Steve Nash/Kobe and Dwight Howard coming off back surgery doesn't count :no:

Who the Lakers traded their all-star center for. Definitely comparable to three superstars joining forces in their 20's.

LeBron bandwagoners = not bright

Mr. Jabbar
05-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Ive been patient. But ill ask u. When do u plan on updating ur dictionary? I clicked my subscribed threads but im still waiting to learn.

you are right, ill update it today

Mr. Jabbar
05-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Appreciate it, bro. Honestly, any self-respecting human being would support this thread (Heat fans automatically disqualified or else they wouldn't be Heat fans in the first place).

np. its good to have posters that put the game of bball above personal agendas :applause:

Denitron
05-14-2014, 02:50 AM
:applause:

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 02:51 AM

http://www.nbacircle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Heat-vs-Lakers-2013-500x355.jpg

ummm.. kobe was traded there in 1996
pau was traded there in 2008
artest signed in 2010
howard unwillingly was traded there in 2012

nash was the only colluder of the bunch. he was the only tag along. and he sucked/was hurt anyway.

:biggums: learn your nba history son

nba_55
05-14-2014, 02:51 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TVaN4Hrma8A/UC9amePZidI/AAAAAAAAAw4/p1jsc0L9nG0/s1600/lakers-obama.jpg

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Who the Lakers traded their all-star center for. Definitely comparable to three superstars joining forces in their 20's.

LeBron bandwagoners = not bright

They still colluded. Howard was the deciding factor in the trade. He chose to be in L. A., so a trade was worked out for him to get there. Dwight wouldn't have chosen L. A. without knowing that Nash was willing to sign there. It was a four man plan all along between Kobe, Pau, Dwight, and Nash. :applause: :applause:

Grade A collusion at its finest. :applause: :applause:

I agree though that collusion is bad. It's just pretty hypocritical seeing Lakers fans complaining about something that they were jizzing their pants over just 2 summers ago. :lol

Warfan
05-14-2014, 02:52 AM
After Bron had the biggest choke ever i got over this 'collusion'. Wade's done, and Bosh is still the biggest pus$y in the league. The 'Big 3 Era' will be over soon, and it will be the least respected Era in the history of the league.

I only really respect the Bulls, Celtics and Spurs. They didnt buy half their championships like another team.

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 02:55 AM
They still colluded. Howard was the deciding factor in the trade. He chose to be in L. A., so a trade was worked out for him to get there. Dwight wouldn't have chosen L. A. without knowing that Nash was willing to sign there. It was a four man plan all along between Kobe, Pau, Dwight, and Nash. :applause: :applause:

Grade A collusion at its finest. :applause: :applause:

I agree though that collusion is bad. It's just pretty hypocritical seeing Lakers fans complaining about something that they were jizzing their pants over just 2 summers ago. :lol

Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn :facepalm

nba_55
05-14-2014, 02:55 AM
ummm.. kobe was traded there in 1996
pau was traded there in 2008
artest signed in 2010
howard unwillingly was traded there in 2012

nash was the only colluder of the bunch. he was the only tag along. and he sucked/was hurt anyway.

:biggums: learn your nba history son

Artest chose to go the Lakers just like Lebron and Bosh.
Howard chose to be traded to the Lakers ( after the possibility of Nets went out of door).
Nash chose to go the Lakers just like Lebron and Bosh.

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Howard chose to be traded to the Lakers ( after the possibility of Nets went out of door).

Yeah 31 year old Artest joining the Lakers is on par with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in their primes colluding in one of the weakest conferences to win a ring :rolleyes:

ThePhantomCreep
05-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Artest, there's a superstar.

Keep reaching, Bran stans.

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah Artest joining the Lakers is on par with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in their primes colluding in one of the weakest conferences to win a ring :rolleyes:

When did I say that it was on par with Lebron and Bosh?
I stated that he did the same thing as Lebron and Bosh, signed with the team of his choice as a free agent.

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Artest, there's a superstar.

Keep reaching, Bran stans.
Howard was a superstar.
Nash was top 10 in MVP before joining the Lakers.
and who said that Artest was a superstar? Quote that person please.

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn :facepalm

Yes but that wasn't possible because no one wanted to take on Lopez' contract and the Nets didn't have cap space otherwise. Out of all of the possible options (which there was no shortage of, there were FIVE), he CHOSE the Lakers in order to collude with Kobe, Pau and Nash. :confusedshrug:

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 03:03 AM

:biggums:

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:03 AM
Yes but that wasn't possible because no one wanted to take on Lopez' contract and the Nets didn't have cap space otherwise. Out of all of the possible options, he CHOSE the Lakers. :confusedshrug:

:facepalm

From ESPN:

"Howard, who was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But]I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise."

Trollsmasher
05-14-2014, 03:05 AM
http://www.joeybaer.com/2008/celtics.jpg
http://www.pickandroll.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bulls4.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2010/news/features/steve_aschburner/10/11/favorite.team.72.lakers/1011-lakers-favorite-526.jpg

ThePhantomCreep
05-14-2014, 03:06 AM
The Lakers gave up an all-star center to get Howard.

Nash was the only player who willingly signed with LA, and he was clearly past his peak when did. The Collusion buddies were all at the peak of their powers in 2010.

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:07 AM

why did you left out the part in parenthesis?

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:08 AM

Nash was the only player who willingly signed with LA, and he was clearly past his peak when did. The Collusion buddies were all at the peak of their powers in 2010.

this is an anti-collusion thread doe, not an anti-prime-players-collusion

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 03:08 AM

Are you really that dumb Kenneth? He chose them over 4 other teams and a trade was made in order to follow through with him choosing the Lakers. He wanted to go to Brooklyn (a 6th team) but no team wanted to take back Lopez.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 03:09 AM

An all-star that the Lakers medical staff knew would barely ever play again. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
05-14-2014, 03:09 AM
Isn't the Lakers' FO current plan to sign a bunch of big-name free agents and pair them with Kobe? How is that any different.

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Are you really that dumb Kenneth? He chose them over 4 other teams and a trade was made in order to follow through with him choosing the Lakers. He wanted to go to Brooklyn (a 6th team) but no team wanted to take back Lopez.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

I just provided you quotes from the horse's mouth himself and you're sitll spewing this bullshit :facepalm

He never chose to go to the Lakers. He was traded there after talks broke down. Go watch his introductory press conference again. He kept regurgitating PR bullshit like he couldn't wait to get out of there first chance he got.

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 03:11 AM
:facepalm

From ESPN:

"Howard, who was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But]I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise."

What don't you understand? He said he wanted to go to Brooklyn, but he couldn't because it was not possible since the Magic did not want Lopez. He chose the Lakers and they worked out a trade. This was common knowledge and you are trying to deny it by picking and choosing sentences from a quote. Lakers fans :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

JohnFreeman
05-14-2014, 03:12 AM
Laker "fans": "We don't collude"
"Melo or Love come save us"
Still crying over the CP3 vetoed trade

TheMagicMan
What don't you understand? He said he wanted to go to Brooklyn, but he couldn't because it was not possible since the Magic did not want Lopez. He chose the Lakers and they worked out a trade. This was common knowledge and you are trying to deny it by picking and choosing sentences from a quote. Lakers fans :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kennethgriffin
only a heat fan would think 3 guys in their prime all during free agency, all taking pay cuts to play with each other at the exact same time

is the same as

a guy getting drafted, traded to a team in the 90's

a guy getting traded on deadline day 12 years later

a guy signing to replace a guy who left 2 years after that

a guy getting unwillingly traded for a guy of near equal value 2 years after that and leaving soon after cause he never wanted to be there

and a guy more than past his prime tagging along in hopes of getting a career ending ring

yeah.. colluding eh... lmao you f*ckin nitwits

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 03:14 AM
I just provided you quotes from the horse's mouth himself and you're sitll spewing this bullshit :facepalm

He never chose to go to the Lakers. He was traded there after talks broke down. Go watch his introductory press conference again. He kept regurgitating PR bullshit like he couldn't wait to get out of there first chance he got.

That quote says nothing. It doesn't say any of these anywhere:
"I never chose the Lakers."
"If Brooklyn wasn't an option, I wanted to be somewhere else other than L. A."
or
"I wish I got traded somewhere else because I do not want to be here."

Good try though. :applause: :applause:

You are essentially trying to prove that I inferred something (that Howard wanted to go to L. A. if not the Nets, which IS TRUE) by taking a quote that does not prove your point and hoping that I infer what you want me to believe (that he did not choose L. A.).

Laker fans/Kobetards :facepalm :facepalm

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:17 AM
Laker "fans": "We don't collude"
"Melo or Love come save us"
Still crying over the CP3 vetoed trade

http://oi59.tinypic.com/wbtdec.jpg

JohnFreeman
05-14-2014, 03:18 AM
No facts or arguments? Typical Laker "fan"

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 03:18 AM

Damn you are ugly af :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:19 AM
That quote says nothing. It doesn't say any of these anywhere:
"I never chose the Lakers."
"If Brooklyn wasn't an option, I wanted to be somewhere else other than L. A."
or
"I wish I got traded somewhere else because I do not want to be here."

Good try though. :applause: :applause:

You are essentially trying to prove that I inferred something (that Howard wanted to go to L. A. if not the Nets, which IS TRUE) by taking a quote that does not prove your point and hoping that I infer what you want me to believe (that he did not choose L. A.).

Laker fans/Kobetards :facepalm :facepalm

And he never said "I chose the Lakers" either fakkit. But he did say, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go."

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:20 AM
only a heat fan would think 3 guys in their prime all during free agency, all taking pay cuts to play with each other at the exact same time

is the same as

a guy getting drafted, traded to a team in the 90's

a guy getting traded on deadline day 12 years later

a guy signing to replace a guy who left 2 years after that

a guy getting unwillingly traded for a guy of near equal value 2 years after that and leaving soon after cause he never wanted to be there

and a guy more than past his prime tagging along in hopes of getting a career ending ring

yeah.. colluding eh... lmao you f*ckin nitwits

I'm trying to get it through to this idiot that Dwight never chose to go to the Lakers. He never wanted to be here. He wanted to be in Brooklyn. That was always his #1 choice.

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:21 AM
And he never said "I chose the Lakers" either fakkit. But he did say, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go."

Why did it take so long for Magic to trade Howard?

sc19
05-14-2014, 03:23 AM
Let the team's GM decide ur fate, or choose ur own. Collusion > GM recruiting skills

ThePhantomCreep
05-14-2014, 03:24 AM
An all-star that the Lakers medical staff knew would barely ever play again. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Sure they did. That's why they rejected countless offers for him.

Anymore sad reaching? Seriously? Maybe we can add Fisher's return in 2007 to the collusion mix.

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:27 AM
Why did it take so long for Magic to trade Howard?

Because they couldn't come to a deal with Brooklyn, which was Dwight's preferred destination. And something he's admitted to publicly.

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 03:27 AM
[B][SIZE="5"]col

JohnFreeman
05-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Lakers 2004 team?

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:29 AM
Because they couldn't come to a deal with Brooklyn, which was Dwight's preferred destination. And something he's admitted to publicly.

Yeah, but why did Magic care about where Howard wanted to go?

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:30 AM
Lakers 2004 team?

Washed up veterans coming together for one last chance at a ring :applause:

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:31 AM

anti-collusion thread, not anti-peak-players-collusion thread

TheMagicMan
Yeah, but why would Magic care about where Howard wants to go?

Happened to be one of the better deals at the time. Magic were supposed to get four 1st round picks from it.

JohnFreeman
So...collusion?

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 03:34 AM
Lakers 2004 team?

the problem here is.. miami's top 3 main legendary guys. the 3 corner stones. all in their primes... were colluders. all free agents. all only coming back or to miami for one purpose

the lakers were a 2 man team.. 2 guys who were with LA from the 90's. the 2 corner stones were rightfully there.

the colluders were 2 old past their prime bums that didnt make a difference

and its not like in 2003 kobe or shaq were also free agents

ring chasing bums in their 40's dont really count. kobe and shaq were already established. they were the lakers for a long time before those 2 dinosaurs joined

another swing and a miss. how many strikes you at now?

JohnFreeman
05-14-2014, 03:35 AM
the problem here is.. the top 3 main legendary guys. the 3 corner stones. all in their primes... were colluders

the lakers were a 2 man team.. 2 guys who were with LA from the 90's. the 2 corner stones were rightfully there.

the colluders were 2 old past their prime bums that didnt make a difference

and its not like in 2003 kobe or shaq were also free agents

ring chasing bums in their 40's dont really count. kobe and shaq were already established. they were the lakers for a long time before those 2 dinosaurs joined

another swing and a miss. how many strikes you at now?

The thread is about collusion, not prime players coming together to collude. The 2004 Laker team was a colluded team

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:36 AM
So...collusion?

Sure, if you count 41 year old Karl Malone and 36 year old Gary Payton as collusion :rolleyes:

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:37 AM
Happened to be one of the better deals at the time. Magic were supposed to get four 1st round picks from it.

You said ''they couldn't come to a deal with Brooklyn, which was Dwight's preferred destination''. Why would they absolutely try to deal with Brooklyn? Howard s preference mattered?

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 03:38 AM
only way lakers would come anywhere close to miamis situation is if

in 2012 kobe was a free agent

dwight was a free agent

prime nash from the midd 00's got in a time machine and came to the 2012 as a free agent

all of them took way less money to all sign at the same time with the lakers

and all of them liked and wanted to play with each other instead of kobe not wanting dwight there and dwight wanting nothing to do with LA

TheMagicMan
You said ''they couldn't come to a deal with Brooklyn, which was Dwight's preferred destination''. Why would they absolutely try to deal with Brooklyn? Howard s preference mattered?

Ask them yourself. Howard's on record saying he wanted to go to Brooklyn. That's a fact.

nba_55
Sure, if you count 41 year old Karl Malone and 36 year old Gary Payton as collusion :rolleyes:

Malone and Payton took the same route as Lebron and Bosh.

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:40 AM
Malone and Payton took the same route as Lebron and Bosh.

Yes, let's compare two washed up vets playing since the 80s to three guys in their primes colluding in a weak conference to win a ring :rolleyes:

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:41 AM
Ask them yourself. Howard's on record saying he wanted to go to Brooklyn. That's a fact.

Yeah, but you said that Magic delayed Howard s trade because they wanted to find a deal with Brooklyn which was Howard s first option. That shows that Howard had a say to where he wanted to go. At the end, after he saw that a deal couldn't be done with Brooklyn, he decided to go the Lakers (his 2nd option). He did choose to go to the Lakers.

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:42 AM
Yes, let's compare two washed up vets playing since the 80s to three guys in their primes colluding in a weak conference to win a ring :rolleyes:

it s an anti-collusion thread. If people call out Lebron and Bosh, then, Malone and Payton should also be called out. They did the same thing.

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 03:43 AM
The thread is about collusion, not prime players coming together to collude. The 2004 Laker team was a colluded team

not really... kobe and shaq were still under contract and were there for a long time

malone and payton colluded.. but they werent even good and werent even the best players on the team ( or anywhere near it )

while the 3 guys who colluded in miami were all prime. all free agents. all the best on the team. all nba's, allstars, future hall of famers all chosing to take scrub money

lol

keep reaching... theres tag along ring chasers who jump on the backs of a corner stone duo.. it happens..

it might be accurate to call malone and payton colluders.. but who cares about those bums

its always been acceptable throughout history to ring chase at an old age... not in your prime. not with 2 other guys you were battling in the same confrence for many years.

nothing comes close to miami. they take the cake...

TheMagicMan
05-14-2014, 03:45 AM
Yeah, but you said that Magic delayed Howard s trade because they wanted to find a deal with Brooklyn which was Howard s first option. That shows that Howard had a say to where he wanted to go. At the end, after he saw that a deal couldn't be done with Brooklyn, he decided to go the Lakers (his 2nd option). He did choose to go to the Lakers.

Lol no it doesn't. Because he had a say in wanting to go to Brooklyn doesn't mean he had a say in wanting to go to the Lakers. Instead he said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," "But I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise.

Keyword: "But". Meaning, I wanted to go to Brooklyn but I ended up getting traded to the Lakers. Also, if it's a blessing in disguise, then he never had a say in going there.

Deuce Bigalow
05-14-2014, 03:48 AM
:cheers:

kennethgriffin
i give up on ISH.. the people here actually think 40 year old malone is on lebrons level of colluding/ring chasing

TheMagicMan
not really... kobe and shaq were still under contract and were there for a long time

malone and payton colluded.. but they werent even good and werent even the best players on the team ( or anywhere near it )

while the 3 guys who colluded in miami were all prime. all free agents. all the best on the team. all nba's, allstars, future hall of famers all chosing to take scrub money

lol

keep reaching... theres tag along ring chasers who jump on the backs of a corner stone duo.. it happens..

it might be accurate to call malone and payton colluders.. but who cares about those bums

its always been acceptable throughout history to ring chase at an old age... not in your prime. not with 2 other guys you were battling in the same confrence for many years.

nothing comes close to miami. they take the cake...

I'll be the first one to admit 41 year old Malone and 36 year old Payton colluded, but if you're gonna call me a hypocrite for not calling out washed up vets ring chasing, then so be it.

nba_55
05-14-2014, 03:53 AM
Lol no it doesn't. Because he had a say in wanting to go to Brooklyn doesn't mean he had a say in wanting to go to the Lakers. Instead he said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," "But I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise.

Keyword: "But". Meaning, I wanted to go to Brooklyn but I ended up getting traded to the Lakers. Also, if it's a blessing in disguise, then he never had a say in going there.

First, ''But'' was in brackets for a reason, because Howard didn't actually said, but the author added it. So, it cant be the key word.

dc_chilling
05-14-2014, 03:54 AM
Here is my problem with the collusion argument.

If a player is drafted into an awful situation with an inept franchise (like Lebron was) but has the potential to win multiple rings (like Lebron has), is he supposed to just sacrifice his career and go down with the ship?

That's like playing poker and getting dealt an awful hand that you knew you couldn't win with. Would you not fold? Especially if you knew that the next hand will be substantially better than the one you have currently.

Players like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc. were dealt the equivalent of a straight flush off the bat. Well I suppose Jordan rivered a straight flush because it took the Bulls a couple years to put HOF players and a HOF coach around him. Either way, they were lucky enough that the team that drafted them belonged to a big city and had competent personnel that kept their teams great.

Lebron never had that. He had a bunch of role players for 7 years. So after wasting half of his career banging his head against the wall competing against teams 10x more stacked than his own, he left.

Given the results, I think he made a good choice.

kennethgriffin
05-14-2014, 03:55 AM
old past their prime bummy washed up hasbeens have been colluding/ring chasing since the beginning of time

this is no secret.

what makes lebron/bosh/wade special is they all did it in their primes

at the end of the day.. theres an unwritten rule. you dont join the enemy. you try and beat the enemy. and if after all the years of losing you chose to be a role player on a rival. then go ahead. but you wont get much credit

the thing about miami is... theyre breaking this unwritten rule. theyre seeking full credit for these rings... which isnt right.. only rings won without chasing should be given their due

its why nobodies mad at guys like mitch richmond getting a ring with the 2001 lakers. cause we all felt sorry for him. and the rings dont mean much

but nobody felt sorry for lebron... and his rings are asking for respect. this earned not given crap. its bogus. its trash... its a spit in the face to the basketball gods

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 04:07 AM
i give up on ISH.. the people here actually think 40 year old malone is on lebrons level of colluding/ring chasing

No one ever said that. The thread says "Colluding" not "Heat's level of colluding."
It's still colluding.

Relinquish
05-14-2014, 04:09 AM
Here is my problem with the collusion argument.

If a player is drafted into an awful situation with an inept franchise (like Lebron was) but has the potential to win multiple rings (like Lebron has), is he supposed to just sacrifice his career and go down with the ship?

That's like playing poker and getting dealt an awful hand that you knew you couldn't win with. Would you not fold? Especially if you knew that the next hand will be substantially better than the one you have currently.

Players like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc. were dealt the equivalent of a straight flush off the bat. Well I suppose Jordan rivered a straight flush because it took the Bulls a couple years to put HOF players and a HOF coach around him. Either way, they were lucky enough that the team that drafted them belonged to a big city and had competent personnel that kept their teams great.

Lebron never had that. He had a bunch of role players for 7 years. So after wasting half of his career banging his head against the wall competing against teams 10x more stacked than his own, he left.

Given the results, I think he made a good choice.

I mean let's be real here, the whole reason Lakers fans suddenly "hate collusion" is because they are jealous that Lebron was a better player all time than Kobe ever was even before he won a single ring with the team that "colluded". :confusedshrug:

TheMagicMan
First, ''But'' was in brackets for a reason, because Howard didn't actually said, but the author added it. So, it cant be the key word.

Jesus christ you focus wayyyyyy too much on semantics. Brackets are used by journalists to put things into context for those who couldn't hear the interview. That's exactly what he meant. Otherwise they wouldn't have put it.

dc_chilling
old past their prime bummy washed up hasbeens have been colluding/ring chasing since the beginning of time

this is no secret.

what makes lebron/bosh/wade special is they all did it in their primes

at the end of the day.. theres an unwritten rule. you dont join the enemy. you try and beat the enemy. and if after all the years of losing you chose to be a role player on a rival. then go ahead. but you wont get much credit

the thing about miami is... theyre breaking this unwritten rule. theyre seeking full credit for these rings... which isnt right.. only rings won without chasing should be given their due

its why nobodies mad at guys like mitch richmond getting a ring with the 2001 lakers. cause we all felt sorry for him. and the rings dont mean much

but nobody felt sorry for lebron... and his rings are asking for respect. this earned not given crap. its bogus. its trash... its a spit in the face to the basketball gods

If you think Wade has been in his prime for these past few championships runs, you didn't watch Wades prime.

Wade and Bosh aren't playing anywhere near the level that Pippen/Grant or Pippen/Rodman did during Jordan's three peats.

Spolstra isn't on Phil Jacksons level as a coach.

You are acting like Lebron teamed up with the two best players in the league. Wade is fringe top 25 and Bosh is top 20. Respectable, but not nearly the best supporting cast in the league. I would argue KD, CP3, Paul George, James Harden, and others have better casts around them than Lebron.

PG: Chalmers/Cole are mediocre at best
SG: Wade is maybe top 25 at this point
SF: Lebron
PF: Bosh is respectable, top 20 player
C: Birdman was out of the league before Miami scooped him up

Allen and Battier are ancient. Contributors, but ready to retire.

His supporting cast is good, but nowhere close to the levels of past champions. That is why he carries more of a load than Jordan, Bird, or Magic did, because he needs to make up for glaring deficiencies in his roster.

dc_chilling
05-14-2014, 04:13 AM
I mean let's be real here, the whole reason Lakers fans suddenly "hate collusion" is because they are jealous that Lebron was a better player all time than Kobe ever was even before he won a single ring with the team that "colluded". :confusedshrug:

Well it is every fan of a player that has Lebron bearing down on that players legacy.

Kobe fans, Jordan fans, Bird fans, Magic fans, etc.

Even KD fans have joined in.

Who cares if one player surpasses another one? We are lucky enough to be alive to see these players play.

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-03-2016, 11:27 PM
https://www.trailers.tube/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/back-to-the-future-movie-poster-480x711.jpg

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the club KD. :cheers:

Don't worry. LeBron stans don't hold it against him, nobody will care once you win a chip.