PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook is the most disrespected Superstar In Recent Times...

IGOTGAME
05-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Guy can dominate and lead a team to a comeback win and still get shit while the MVP sits in the corner fixing his tampon. Westbrook is a top 5 player in the NBA, without a doubt, but gets treated like some bum Melo.

AirTupac
05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Superstar? I guess we can call everyone a superstar these days.

IGOTGAME
05-14-2014, 10:40 AM

He is arguably better than ALL but 2 players in the world. I think that will do it.

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Hes having a nice series, not to mention more if his ill advised shots are falling than usual. Will need a much larger sample size than this to declare anything has really changed. Some of his shots are just awful but players can get hot even when taking bad shots. I wouldnt get carrid away and act like hes gonna play this well all the time.

IGOTGAME
05-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Hes having a nice series, not to mention more if his ill advised shots are falling than usual. Will need a much larger sample size than this to declare anything has really changed. Some of his shots are just awful but players can get hot even when taking bad shots. I wouldnt get carrid away and act like hes gonna play this well all the time.

He has been top 5 since before his injury. This isn't something new. Everyone just wants to hate on him because he doesn't fit into the mold they want. He has been hitting these same shots his whole career. If anything its a fluke when he shots his team out of games when you look at his winning % and playoff winning %.

SilkkTheShocker
05-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Don't even like RW, but he is a superstar.

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
. If anything its a fluke when he shots his team out of games when you look at his winning % and playoff winning %.

Those are team statistics.

If you look at is 3pt % in this series, you will see where the fluke is.

Anyway, IMO there are a lot of players on the second tier. People act like the "3rd best" guy in the L is markedly better than the 8th and so on. Im not with that. After Lebron a lot of the top guys are interchangeable. Frankly top 5 isnt any different than top 10, maybe top 13, because a bunch of guys have an argument. So i dont really care bout ranking westbrook, just evaluating his play. Right now his impact is spiking, and that can be an anamoly just like a slump. I expect him to regress to his mean eventually but we'll see.

sd3035
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Westbrook has been the second best player after LeBald in these playoffs

IGOTGAME
05-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Those are team statistics.

If you look at is 3pt % in this series, you will see where the fluke is.

Anyway, IMO there are a lot of players on the second tier. People act like the "3rd best" guy in the L is markedly better than the 8th and so on. Im not with that. After Lebron a lot of the top guys are interchangeable. Frankly top 5 isnt any different than top 10, maybe top 13, because a bunch of guys have an argument. So i dont really care bout ranking westbrook, just evaluating his play. Right now his impact is spiking, and that can be an anamoly just like a slump. I expect him to regress to his mean eventually but we'll see.

do you watch him play? he always does this. He steps up and makes winning plays. this is who he is.

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
do you watch him play? he always does this. He steps up and makes winning plays. this is who he is.

Ok. Youre right. :cheers:

TylerOO
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Not by me. I love the best PG in the league

jamal99
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
I want to see him lead a team without one more superstar. Would be so much fun...

IGOTGAME
05-14-2014, 10:56 AM
I want to see him lead a team without one more superstar. Would be so much fun...

same here...I hope he gets traded to a big market team. I'd love to see him LA/NY.

Jlamb47
05-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Russel Westbrook should go to Knicks he would be the superstar on a big franchise. But Westbrook is arguably the 3rd best player in the NBA. He does everything.

All Net
05-14-2014, 11:01 AM
He easily is

Top 5-6 player.

Bobby13
05-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Best point guard in the league finally getting some respect

HoopsFanNumero1
05-14-2014, 11:14 AM
He doesn't get the soft reffing that Durant does, but saying he gets disrespected is absurd. Just last night, he had 16 FTAs. He got multiple phantom fouls throughout the game, and his last 3 FTAs were off of a soft 3-point foul...

Edit: Unless you mean disrespected in terms of what he does for the team...

tpols
05-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Westbrook is the new dwade with his sense of entightlement with the refs.. he just runs into people and flails like crazy trying to get calls.. either that or hes pulling up for contested 20 footers with 20 seconds on the shotclock.

Jlamb47
05-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Westbrook is the new dwade with his sense of entightlement with the refs.. he just runs into people and flails like crazy trying to get calls.. either that or hes pulling up for contested 20 footers with 20 seconds on the shotclock.

I dont think hes like Wade. wade can draw fouls i think Russel just simply plays hard.

ThunderKat
05-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Definitely the best PG in the league. I would also say the most athletic player in the league too. How many PG's can rebound like Russ?

~primetime~
05-14-2014, 11:24 AM
http://morethan-stats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/russell-westbrook-for-espn-photo-issue-2.png

just wondering when he is going to come out...

dunksby
05-14-2014, 11:34 AM
I have been calling him the best PG in the league since 2011, so proud of this man. :bowdown:

sd3035
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Bosh too

sd3035
05-14-2014, 11:43 AM
http://morethan-stats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/russell-westbrook-for-espn-photo-issue-2.png

just wondering when he is going to come out...

what a dashing young lad

Cold soul
05-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Westbrook is a superstar. The dude is a beast.

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 12:03 PM

So you would basically like to see him be Melo on the Knicks, chucking shots by the barrelful on a losing team?

I honestly dont understand some "basketball fans"

SHABBA
05-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Almost certainly the best dressed.

Spaulding
05-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Westbrooke is a SG.

Dragic. CP3 and Parker are PGs.

Stop saying he's a top PG because he sure doesn't play like one.

imdaman99
05-14-2014, 12:14 PM
So you would basically like to see him be Melo on the Knicks, chucking shots by the barrelful on a losing team?

I honestly dont understand some "basketball fans"
Funny you say that since Melo has 1 losing season in his career.
I wonder how many rings bran gets with JR Smith being his #2.

guy
05-14-2014, 01:18 PM
He's not disrespected. No one says he's not a great player, but he's still rightfully criticized for making some of the dumbest decisions you can make and not having the right balance. If CP3 didn't make an idiotic foul on him last night, that 3-pointer by WB would go down as arguably the most idiotic game-winning attempt ever. Barkley is totally right that Westbrook just tries to be a hero way too much.

j3lademaster
05-14-2014, 01:26 PM
I want to see him lead a team without one more superstar. Would be so much fun...You're seeing it right now in this playoffs.

Just2McFly
05-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I agree with the OP, just like in the 2012 finals when durant was putting up casper points and Harden was on vacation....Westbrook was going off and put on a MJ-esque performance in Miami.

What Westbrook does on the court has impact.

Solefade
05-14-2014, 02:18 PM
WB is a top 5 player in the NBA

IamRAMBO24
05-14-2014, 03:13 PM
The best PG in the league. Ever since he came back from his injury, he has made it clear he will be more of a passing PG. I can understand the criticism of him making dumb moves before, but recently (especially during the finals), he is looking for his teammates more and is more selective with his shots. It also helps he's literally making Paul his b*tch.

Roundball_Rock
05-14-2014, 03:49 PM
I think he is. He is underrated because of the shadow and hype surrounding Durant. If he can begin to play more intelligently he can reach an even higher level still.

DCL
05-14-2014, 03:56 PM
how's he disrespected? everyone knows he bailed out KD countless times.

FKAri
05-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Superstar? No one in the country even knows who dis nikka is. The only superstars are Lebron and Kobe. KD should be getting there but his shy and uncharismatic ass isnt moving enough product to be a superstar.

r15mohd
05-14-2014, 04:01 PM
most disrespected superstar? that is definitely Lebron James' award...though it has simmered some over the years, he has to cross hurdles no other individual has to or ever will in my opinion.

WBrook is ridiculed because of 2 reasons...Durant is the better player, and I dont believe WBrook understands this, and he puts up some really awful shots time and again...he shoots himself in the foot a lot, IMO. love his heart and hustle for the game, but he needs to smarten up a bit more in his shot selections, personally

bizil
05-14-2014, 04:10 PM
There is no question Russ is a superstar, but I wouldn't say he's disrespected. He's been universally known as a top five PG for years. And he's probably the most athletic PG of all time with D Rose. He's damn near like watching David Thompson switch to the PG position. But that's where the controversy is at times. Westbrook is a scoring PG. The most premium asset in basketball is dominant scoring no doubt. But the most premium asset for a PG is dime dropping and being a floor general.

On OKC, Westbrook has to be scoring minded often because his team doesn't have a lot of scoring depth. However, the best scorer in the world is on that team in KD. And let's face it, Russ doesn't always create easy shots for KD, even though he takes the pressure off KD in terms of scoring. And pure floor general like a CP3 (who is also an alpha level scorer when he wants) makes everybody on the team better. Russ is just a different kind, but yet DOMINANT PG. If Russ was an SG, he wouldn't catch this heat and would be considered a great passer. This is the heat many combo guards 6'4 and under catch. Some of then like AI even move to SG mainly and dominate there too.

Kingwillball
05-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Most of u throw the word superstar around too lightly there are a ton of all stars but only a select number of superstars. Lebron Kobe for sure Duncan used to be although he is low key his game spoke for him. Wade used to be. Durant is a manufactured superstar but I guess you can put him in the short list. Harden is not cp3 is close as is Blake but need to get to finals to get to that level. Dirk used to be close maybe hit that level briefly championship season. That really is it on current players.

Black Mamba's B
05-14-2014, 05:11 PM
True. He's one of the more undervalued players in recent history. He goes balls to the wall every game, gotta respect that. At times he's more valuable than KD

Akrazotile
05-21-2014, 11:02 PM
15 points, 7/24 shooting.

Most disrespected :bowdown:

Akrazotile
05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
15 points, 7/24 shooting.

Most disrespected :bowdown:
Come on guys, show respect :bowdown:

Akrazotile
05-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Guys!

Rocketswin2013
05-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Guys!
:lol

Akrazotile
05-21-2014, 11:58 PM

knicksman
05-22-2014, 12:15 AM
only idiots thinks wb is a superstar, same idiots who thinks iverson, arenas, robertson are superstars. I rather have ray allen or reggie miller than them