PDA

View Full Version : LMAO at ppl saying the refs favored OKC, if anything refs were favoring LA all game

rule1223
05-14-2014, 12:02 PM
- jamal crawford getting and-1 on basically every shot with no contact at all
- perkins gets mauled in the low post all game 0 fts
- big baby goes up according to 'verticality' rule fair enough... ibaka does the same thing to blake griffin FOUL
- late in a close game, westbrook and durant both attack the rim, get hammered no calls, at this point no one is saying shit about the ref
- reggie jackson gets fouled on a game tying layup no call, still no one is complaining, refs will be refs, theyre only human
- ref makes a controversial call, all of a sudden refs are trying to fix the game
- westbrook gets hit with more contact on his three than crawfords, all of a sudden those praising crawford as the 4-point king for shooting through contact are screaming rigged
- chris paul gets hit and loses ball on the last play, those brushing off the foul on reggie are seething about how a ref could miss this call

lets be honest, no one legitimately believe the refs were fixing the game, theyre just mad that they were clowning on durant and okc throughout the game and go told to sit the **** down during the last minute of the game, they were preparing for two full days of shit talking durant and okc and now have to stay silent until game 6, even if the fix was in, the refs were more than generous giving the clippers a 7 point lead with 40 seconds left... give me jr smith, bargnani, javale, swaggy p, and nate robinson in that situation and i couldve coached them to a win

okc got the favor of one call in the end after having tough calls go against them all game and the the clippers straight up choked, no one is to blame but the clippers particularly chris paul

VengefulAngel
05-14-2014, 12:03 PM
tl;dr :oldlol: :oldlol:

Jlamb47
05-14-2014, 12:04 PM
- jamal crawford getting and-1 on basically every shot with no contact at all
- perkins gets mauled in the low post all game 0 fts
- big baby goes up according to 'verticality' rule fair enough... ibaka does the same thing to blake griffin FOUL
- late in a close game, westbrook and durant both attack the rim, get hammered no calls, at this point no one is saying shit about the ref
- reggie jackson gets fouled on a game tying layup no call, still no one is complaining, refs will be refs, theyre only human
- ref makes a controversial call, all of a sudden refs are trying to fix the game
- westbrook gets hit with more contact on his three than crawfords, all of a sudden those praising crawford as the 4-point king for shooting through contact are screaming rigged
- chris paul gets hit and loses ball on the last play, those brushing off the foul on reggie are seething about how a ref could miss this call

lets be honest, no one legitimately believe the refs were fixing the game, theyre just mad that they were clowning on durant and okc throughout the game and go told to sit the **** down during the last minute of the game, they were preparing for two full days of shit talking durant and okc and now have to stay silent until game 6, even if the fix was in, the refs were more than generous giving the clippers a 7 point lead with 40 seconds left... give me jr smith, bargnani, javale, swaggy p, and nate robinson in that situation and i couldve coached them to a win

okc got the favor of one call in the end after having tough calls go against them all game and the the clippers straight up choked, no one is to blame but the clippers particularly chris paul

good sh1t :cheers:

sd3035
05-14-2014, 12:14 PM
I was shocked that OKC overcame such adversity to pull out a legendary comeback win

:cheers: :applause: :applause: :applause:

rule1223
05-14-2014, 12:44 PM
I was shocked that OKC overcame such adversity to pull out a legendary comeback win

:cheers: :applause: :applause: :applause:
for sure, ppl complaining about the free throws dont even watch the game, every free throw was a legitimate foul and tbh okc shouldve had more from the way the clips were defending

Fudge
05-14-2014, 12:46 PM
:applause:

Finally, somebody that doesn't wear a helmet on here. Respect, brother.

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/12/white_dance_club.gif

red1
05-14-2014, 12:54 PM
I dont like okc with the exception of westbrook da gawd so I will say that the game was rigged. F*cking rigged bullshit. Has okc ever won a game on their own merit?

nba_55
05-14-2014, 12:55 PM
I always asked myself why and how people let injustice happen right in front of their eyes, why they dont do anything to stop it. Now, I see why/how they do it. It s disgusting.

rule1223
05-14-2014, 01:02 PM
I always asked myself why and how people let injustice happen right in front of their eyes, why they dont do anything to stop it. Now, I see why/how they do it. It s disgusting.
please tell me where i went wrong, re-watch the game and youll see everything i listed in the opening post clear as day

russwest0
05-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Don't forget Ibaka getting in foul trouble for hand checking Griffin in the post and Griffin not getting whistled for body checking Westbrook and also not getting whistled forblatant moving screens.

russwest0
05-14-2014, 01:44 PM
OKC also had far more points in the paint

red1
05-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Don't forget Ibaka getting in foul trouble for hand checking Griffin in the post and Griffin not getting whistled for body checking Westbrook and also not getting whistled forblatant moving screens.
can you please stop trolling? this is getting out of hand

nba_55
05-14-2014, 01:47 PM
please tell me where i went wrong, re-watch the game and youll see everything i listed in the opening post clear as day

right at the start of your post, you went wrong. Crawford getting to the line MULTIPLE TIMES with NO CONTACT. Show videos plz.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't think that the games are rigged (if I did I wouldn't watch) but there was definitely some incompetent officiating late in that game.

LakersFan626
05-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Um, no. The "clear path" in the 1st quarter and the out of bounds at the end of the game were clearly calls to give OKC the momentum, and the clear path was probably WORSE than the out of bounds (it was clear path because Westbrook was ahead of all the Clipper defenders despite not being a part of the foul itself, which I don't remember ever being called that way). I definitely believe in "RefKC" and "Reflahoma City Thunder" now, as that was some of the most obvious rigging since Sasha's "flagrant" on Dragic (an accidental elbow that Dragic clearly flopped on) against Phoenix in game 6 as a last resort to try and force a game 7 and Wade running into Glen Davis and the foul being called on DAVIS in the first round against Boston in 2010.

DMAVS41
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnlFxoDIQAEZnYS.jpg

LOL....the ending was just a joke;

Missed the foul call on Barnes
Gave the ball wrongly to Thunder
Touch foul on Paul
No call on Paul clearly getting his arm hit on last play

The refs were horrible down the stretch

russwest0
05-14-2014, 02:15 PM
And lets not forgot that flagrant foul call against Westbrook.

Yeah that shit was horrible. Westbrook got hit even harder than that by Griffin and didn't get the call.

Im Still Ballin
05-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah that shit was horrible. Westbrook got hit even harder than that by Griffin and didn't get the call.

SUP BRO
http://i.imgur.com/iltZI.gif

russwest0
05-14-2014, 02:17 PM

LOL....the ending was just a joke;

Missed the foul call on Barnes
Gave the ball wrongly to Thunder
Touch foul on Paul

The ending was a joke it's just a shame there isnt an emphasis placed on making the correct calls for all 4 quarters. I've never seen the league admit a blown call in any quarter other than the 4th quarter.

rule1223
05-14-2014, 02:20 PM
right at the start of your post, you went wrong. Crawford getting to the line MULTIPLE TIMES with NO CONTACT. Show videos plz.
reggie jackson on the three and the and-1 layup, watch it again

KG215
05-14-2014, 02:32 PM

This is the one no-call people are complaining about that bugs me. Did you not see the bear hug/20-foot moving screen Blake Griffin set on that very same play that went uncalled?

DMAVS41
05-14-2014, 02:40 PM
This is the one no-call people are complaining about that bugs me. Did you not see the bear hug/20-foot moving screen Blake Griffin set on that very same play that went uncalled?

I saw it...happens all the time and off ball stuff that doesn't impact the play just isn't likely to get called there.

Can't call the game at the end the way they did and swallow the whistle there....just a total lack of consistency.

If WB got fouled on the 3...then Paul got fouled there. Simple as that.

But that is the problem in the soft NBA now. Wade got hit in the 06 finals about the same as Paul did on that last play in virtually identical scenarios. No call here and the Thunder likely win the series...same thing with the Mavs in 06.

These refs just play way too big of a role. Fouls should only be called when it's clear. It would fix flopping and just make the games more appealing to watch.

It's gotten better since 06, but the soft rules rear their ugly head quite often in close games in the playoffs...especially when superstars are involved.

senelcoolidge
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kWTFRfz.jpg

no foul. Westbrook wasn't fouled. Also with Blake it could have been a double foul at most..both guys were holding each other both trying to keep each other out of their desired space. Or easily a no foul.

DMAVS41
05-14-2014, 02:46 PM

no foul. Westbrook wasn't fouled. Also with Blake it could have been a double foul at most..both guys were holding each other both trying to keep each other out of their desired space. Or easily a no foul.

The Paul play on WB is tough. Very hard to tell if he hit him at all...and Paul went pretty straight up and WB followed through into him it looked like.

I don't hate that call in a vacuum, but it's definitely not clear cut like everyone is saying. That is a 50/50 call...

mjokc
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Bunch of crybaby bitches in here. Your tears are delicious. :lol

Threethrows
05-14-2014, 02:59 PM
First, people have short memories. Tim Donaghy anyone?

Just because there's no proof of any other current refs being shady doesn't mean it isn't happening. As Gin Rummy would say the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

That said, the refs would have to be pretty slick to get away with it after that scandal. I would HOPE the NBA did it's due diligence and still does with the refs. Even if we assume all refs are clean personal bias still exists. You can't get rid of that until humans stop reffing.

Another thing is, that bad calls happen against both teams. Especially with the fans that lose, always blaming the refs. There are fans of every single fanbase that do it. They forget about and don't acknowledge bad calls that happen for their team and think everything bad is happening to them. Pretty much no one is truly objective about it.

On the topic of the game, I think it's a shame when a game is ended with such questionable calls. It should have been Clipper ball, the only thing replay is supposed to determine is who touched it last.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-14-2014, 03:01 PM
The ending was a joke it's just a shame there isnt an emphasis placed on making the correct calls for all 4 quarters. I've never seen the league admit a blown call in any quarter other than the 4th quarter.
Props for admitting it :cheers:

sd3035
05-14-2014, 03:03 PM

fouled twice on the same shot, first on the elbow, then with the body

beastee
05-14-2014, 03:12 PM
I've been quiet on this one so far...But I cannot believe why people would think the NBA DOES NOT want the Clippers in the finals. Let's look at the reasons for Clippers moving on:

1. Huge west coast market.
2. Huge story about a team overcoming adversity to make the Finals. (Especially when it deals with racism)
3. Cliff Paul & Griffin Force are on my TV a whole lot more than any Durant ads.
4. The TV numbers of LA & Miami will be huge for casual viewers. HUGE.

Reasons Against:
1. Durant Vs Lebron
2. NBA scared of Sterling's Racism overshadowing Finals.

That is it. Clippers vs. Heat would draw higher ratings...Period.

So take your Ref fixing garbage and shove it up David Sterns :biggums:

Kingwillball
05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Hoorible shot by Westbrook should of not been rewarded on taking terrible shot that was going to miss obviously whether CP3 touch a finger on his arm or not however the clips should if never let it get to that point when Paul hit jumper to put lead at 7 with 44 seconds left that should of wrapped it up..