PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Steve Kerr to be head coach of GOLDEN STATE

Fudge
05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Stunner: Steve Kerr spurns the Knicks, accepts Warriors' head coach job. Story coming on http://NBA.com .
Per David Aldridge

Chill_Hustle
05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
:eek:

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Black people salty as hell that jackson got canned and kerr got hired.

Smoke117
05-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Stupid move. They should have signed Stan Van Gundy. He's easily the best head coach without a job right now.

LALakerFan4Life
05-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Maybe Kerr was thinking..."Forget the money. I wanna stay in Cali and be close to home."

215Philly
Black people salty as hell that jackson got canned and kerr got hired.
:biggums: future negg

Fudge
Stupid move. They should have signed Stan Van Gundy. He's easily the best head coach without a job right now.
He agreed to a deal with Detroit yesterday as coach and President.

Derka
05-14-2014, 08:25 PM

Detroit clearly wanted him more. Not much GS can do about that.

Mr. Jabbar
05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hhpPxtDu3dw/UnOr0hFyBxI/AAAAAAAAAdg/qrMwEMcMU6A/s1600/google+images+breaking-news+by+wwwradiationbusinesscom.gif

Calabis
05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
What makes Kerr a good coach:confusedshrug:

-Lebron23-
05-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Wow!!! Big blow to Phil and Knicks.

VERY interested to see what Kerr does with that roster.

AnaheimLakers24
05-14-2014, 08:28 PM
no playoffs confirmed :lol

Heavincent
05-14-2014, 08:29 PM
I don't see why it's a shocker. GS obviously has an infinitely superior roster.

Black and White
05-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Never understood how Kerr became so popular as a head coach option.

-Lebron23-
05-14-2014, 08:30 PM
It was reported he had pretty much agreed to take the Knicks gig.

KingMillions
05-14-2014, 08:31 PM
I don't blame him. I would much rather coach the warriors team then the knicks. Way more upside with the warriors.

chocolatethunder
Not only that, but it's gonna take some serious time til the Knicks can get better. It will probably be at least two more years.

RIP CITY
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what is so special about Steve Kerr. Five Million a year for someone that's never Coached, was a crappy GM and an average at best TV Analysts. Not sure what I'm missing.

AnaheimLakers24
05-14-2014, 08:32 PM
It was reported he had pretty much agreed to take the Knicks gig.
phil playing mind games.. making retards think this weasle ass bitch cracker is a good coach

stupidass warriors.

Dubs510
05-14-2014, 08:32 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Byobob
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Smart move by Kerr. Avoid the shitty org at all costs. :lol

Inferno
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
He better be ****ing good.

Beastmode88
05-14-2014, 08:34 PM

:banana: :banana: :banana:

AnaheimLakers24
05-14-2014, 08:34 PM
He better be ****ing good.
:roll: ****en retarded ass franchise

chocolatethunder
05-14-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what is so special about Steve Kerr. Five Million a year for someone that's never Coached, was a crappy GM and an average at best TV Analysts. Not sure what I'm missing.
I guess the same things they thought were so special about Kidd and Jackson. The league and new, younger owners are trending towards risk taking and thinking outside the box when it comes to coaches. Get ready over the next few years for an influx of young unproven coaches with little or no experience. I've got not problem with it. I'm sick of seeing the same old dudes and members of their staff get jobs.

MavsSuperFan
05-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Personally I think Jackson's interest in Kerr, created a lot of his appeal.

Eg. Well if Phil Jackson thinks he would be a good coach...

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Kerr is clearly intelligent and knows basketball. People here seriously think teams should instead hire any bozo who got a token assistant job as "big mens coach" for a team because he was a former player, just so they can say they got someone "with experience"???

Smh

Genaro
05-14-2014, 08:39 PM
He's white and is very articulate talking. Nobody cares if he never coached before.

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 08:40 PM
I guess the same things they thought were so special about Kidd and Jackson. .

Dont forget Hornacek.

But wait, shouldnt they hire some lumbering meathead assistant who has experience holding his arms out at his side to keep players from leaving the bench during an altercation??? Thats experience!!!

hawksdogsbraves
05-14-2014, 08:40 PM
WOW this is a huge spurning by Kerr on Phil

AnaheimLakers24
05-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Kerr is clearly intelligent and knows basketball. People here seriously think teams should instead hire any bozo who got a token assistant job as "big mens coach" for a team because he was a former player, just so they can say they got someone "with experience"???

Smh
no one cares that you try so hard to be controversial you loser. go f.uck your fat mom homo

Warfan
05-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Stephen Kerry :bowdown:

Not sure how to feel, he better be ****ing good.

Akrazotile
SVG shits on him violently.

As a candidate, of course he does. Nobody has seen Kerr coach and nobody here was in the interview. Stan Van is proven.

That doesnt mean Kerr isnt ACTUALLY a good coach or not. Nobody knows yet. Also, the effect of coaches on wins and losses gets drastically overrated.

Roundball_Rock
Steve Kerr is a 5 time NBA champion and has a great chance of succeeding as a coach. I hope he does. :cheers:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1105/nba-finals-memorable-moments/images/steve-kerr-05567829.jpg

1987_Lakers
05-14-2014, 08:43 PM

Smh

This.

I know Mark Jackson had success with the Warriors, but I was shocked when he was hired, when he was calling games all you heard him say with M. Breen & JVG was "Mama there goes that man", "Hand down, man down". Kerr is clearly more intelligent than M. Jackson, the question is if he can earn the players respect.

Trentknicks
05-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Maybe Kerr was never Phil's preferred choice and he just promoted Kerr publicly so that the Warriors & Pistons got their Head Coach positions filled quickly so that our real candidate could not be pursued by others? Teams do have a history of poaching our picks etc. Half troll post.

http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Tim-and-Eric-Space-Explosions.gif

Trentknicks
05-14-2014, 08:46 PM

Smh
You would probably lick horse shit off a maple syrup bottle if it was the indie and contrarian thing to do.

finchyyy
05-14-2014, 08:46 PM
What about Lionel Hollins?

Akrazotile
05-14-2014, 08:47 PM
You would probably lick horse shit off a maple syrup bottle if it was the indie and contrarian thing to do.

Yeah, and? :confusedshrug:

Kujo
05-14-2014, 08:48 PM
It can be viewed as puzzling as to why GS would hire another coach with no experience straight from the TV analyst booth once again. It's known that Kerr has a close relationship with someone in the GS front (either the GM or owner, I can't remember), so it's not a really surprise.

Plus, factor in that in GS has the superior roster, and upside, and that he wanted to stay in cali, this was a no brainer for Kerr.

No doubt Kerr used the Knicks offer as leverage. The NY sports media will be salty over this, especially if he did verbally accept an offer.

This is a risky move by GS, and think they would have been better off going with an experienced coach.

Rameek
05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I didnt mind Kerr initially I just hated the fact the Knicks had no other candidates. That annoyed me and the loligagging pissed me off. Glad he isnt part of the Knicks no more getting strong armed and overpaying!

Smoke117
05-14-2014, 08:56 PM
This.

I know Mark Jackson had success with the Warriors, but I was shocked when he was hired, when he was calling games all you heard him say with M. Breen & JVG was "Mama there goes that man", "Hand down, man down". Kerr is clearly more intelligent than M. Jackson, the question is if he can earn the players respect.

Yeah lol...my impression of Mark Jackson was that he was an idiot during his commentary tenure. Frankly I don't even think he's that good of a coach. Don't get me wrong... I don't think he should have been fired by his performance (it was all politics), but lets not act like the Warriors weren't a supremely talented team. i'm curious to see if he would have been fired if Bogut (the teams defensive anchor) never got injured and they made a long run in the playoffs. He probably would have as the front office despised him, but it would be interesting because I don' think the Clippers would have beaten the Warriors with Bogut on the court.

DCL
05-14-2014, 10:01 PM
kerr seems too nice and laid back to coach in the nba. but maybe that's what the warriors want because mark jackson was the very opposite of nice.