PDA

View Full Version : NBA Releases Statement on Clippers/Thunder Game 5

SillyRabbit
05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/05/14/clippers-thunder-nba-statement/index.html?rss=true

With 11.3 seconds left in the game, the basketball went out of bounds on the baseline and the referees ruled the ball belonged to the Thunder. The referees then used instant replay to review the play. In order to reverse the call made on the court, there has to be 'clear and conclusive' evidence. Since no replay provided such evidence, the play correctly stood as called with the Thunder retaining possession.

The NBA has shown in the past that they are willing to admit when a referee has made a mistake. This is not one of those times. The play was ruled as inconclusive after being reviewed by the referees, and now after being reviewed by the league. Even the guys on Inside the NBA went on record saying the play was inconclusive.

But yes, keep going on about how this series is worse than the Lakers/Kings game in 2002.

toooo
05-14-2014, 08:55 PM
No, just no. That was SO obvious. Barnes never even touched the fukcing ball. No "conspiracy theorist" here, just spitting the truth. One of the worst and most rigged officiating I have ever seen in my years of watching basketball.

1987_Lakers
05-14-2014, 08:56 PM
You think the NBA is going to admit the refs made a bad call on a crucial playoff game?:oldlol:

This isn't the regular season.:oldlol:

Black and White
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
No, just no. That was SO obvious. Barnes never even touched the fukcing ball. No "conspiracy theorist" here, just spitting the truth. One of the worst and most rigged officiating I have ever seen in my years of watching basketball.

You do realise that CP3s shock play cost you the game right?

toooo
05-14-2014, 08:59 PM

Except that's not the case, *******. What costed the Clippers the game was the rigged as fukc officiating.

Beastmode88
05-14-2014, 09:00 PM

Pretty much this. Blowing a 13 point league with 4 minutes left. :roll:

Thunderstruck
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
If cp3 doesn't turn the ball over there we wouldn't even be talking about this. Your boy blew the game. Deal with it.

Black and White
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Except that's not the case, *******. What costed the Clippers the game was the rigged as fukc officiating.

You are clearly butthurt, Cp3 is considered a high iq basketball player, in his situation, he should have held the ball and taken the foul, the Clips were up by 2, but no, he decides to try shooting to get 3 free throws, the Clippers are just as much to blame for this.

Im so nba'd out
05-14-2014, 09:03 PM
at least admit if barnes would of touched the ball(which he didnt) and yall loss it would of been cp3 fault.Just pretend that the ball really did go out on barnes would cp3 get the blame for the loss yes or no?

Derka
05-14-2014, 09:04 PM

Its okay, we've all done this before...directed the blame at the easy target instead of accepting that your team choked. Everyone here is guilty of it.

Clippers choked.

toooo
05-14-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm not denying that the Clippers choked. CP3 choked, the whole squad choked. THey stopped playing ball with 3 minutes left. What I'm saying is that the game was rigged as fukc in the final 15 seconds. Barnes didn't touch the ball. Period. It should have been Clipper ball. That's what this thread is about, don't derail it.

Black and White
05-14-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm not denying that the Clippers choked. CP3 choked, the whole squad choked. THey stopped playing ball with 3 minutes left. What I'm saying is that the game was rigged as fukc in the final 15 seconds. Barnes didn't touch the ball. Period. It should have been Clipper ball. That's what this thread is about, don't derail it.

Fair enough, but the game would have been over if CP3 held the ball and went to the line, thats all im saying

BBallZen83
05-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Why is it hard to see that you can't absolve officiating based on a team "choking". It really doesn't matter. Officials job is to fairly call a game. It's crucial to the credibility of any sport. The fact that they didn't make the correct call after instant replay is just abysmal. Period.

BlazerRed
05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
NBA :applause:

hahaitme
05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Fair enough, but the game would have been over if CP3 held the ball and went to the line, thats all im saying

Everyone and there grandmother knows CP3 ****ed up, but that does not excuse the refs.

He turned the ball over, yes, but what happened after is what happened after, should have been either clipper ball or reggie shooting 2 FTA. Nothing else. You can't have a 3rd option and just sneak it in there because you fudged a call.

SillyRabbit
05-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Everyone and there grandmother knows CP3 ****ed up, but that does not excuse the refs.

He turned the ball over, yes, but what happened after is what happened after, should have been either clipper ball or reggie shooting 2 FTA. Nothing else. You can't have a 3rd option and just sneak it in there because you fudged a call.

This is what should've happened, everyone keeps going on about how the Clippers would've won but if Reggie got his two FT's like he was supposed to it would've been tied.

Young X
05-14-2014, 10:16 PM
The ball CLEARLY went off of Jackson last. Clearly. And they still gave it to OKC. That's not right.

Even if Barnes did foul him, the worst thing that could've possibly happened for LAC is being tied with 10(?) seconds left and who's to say Jackson doesn't miss one or both? Instead of that, the refs put LAC in a position to possibly LOSE THE GAME on some bullshit. That's crazy.

The Clippers got ****ed by the refs, point blank. If you think the refs made the right decision, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

LBJ4MVP23
05-14-2014, 10:23 PM
So we know 100% that hand=ball, but the NBA is saying that anything that happens after you touch the ball means shit.

I guess Barnes could take the ball, slam it off of Westbrooks face, but because Barnes touched it it would be OKC ball?

Bernie Nips
05-14-2014, 10:24 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1074709/Image__3D_sweep-under-rug_6.jpg

alleykat
05-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Thunder have a bad game then get the bailout. Figures. CP3 choked on the last play. Time to move on.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-17-2014, 12:55 PM
this
Durstans and Durapologists are the worst people:coleman:

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Not sure why OKC is getting ref help in the 2nd round considering they already lost 4-1 to the Grizz.

sd3035
05-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Refs got it right :applause::applause::applause:

senelcoolidge
05-17-2014, 03:18 PM
The nba is no longer the place to get real basketball, it's pure entertainment. Some people prefer it like that. If you respect the game you would not applaud this. You don't have to be a Clippers fan to know that the officiating in that game was so biased. Sure the Clippers blew a lead, but they would not have lost the game with those horrendous calls at the end.